Really? July 2nd for next raid?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    I’m very surprised by some posters optimism. This isn’t a slam on cg but to have hope for any raid other than a boring one that quickly turns into a chore ignores the path cg has chosen.
  • nottenst
    726 posts Member
    Options
    I just hope I can actively play the raid without getting motion sickness.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    442 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

I can't speak to the degree in which you get motion sickness, but the new raid doesn't, in my opinion, have the same visual feel you may be referring to from the previous raid.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    I’m very surprised by some posters optimism. This isn’t a slam on cg but to have hope for any raid other than a boring one that quickly turns into a chore ignores the path cg has chosen.

Agree, sure it is "new" but that new will wear off fast.
    This could be worse cause if it has the same issue the conquest battle did than auto will get a lower score by a lot, assuming it is very similar to that have to wait and see.
    Only good thing is less battles to be done.
  • nottenst
    726 posts Member
    Options
    nottenst wrote: »

I can't speak to the degree in which you get motion sickness, but the new raid doesn't, in my opinion, have the same visual feel you may be referring to from the previous raid.

That is good news. Thanks.
  • Options
    What's everyone's 5th gonna be since jarjar event is unavailable? I just got the other gungans to R5
  • Options
    What I can't stand about this whole raid system is that CG just moves the goal posts to what ever they want without giving more rewards. (I'm not counting this R9 level as more rewards most guilds won't be able to hit that mark within the 8 months that this raid will be out)
    Let us pick the raid we want to fight, keep the M3 rewards in each raid but do slight increases to the amount of rewards for the newist ones so they can still get their money. Yeah CG won't make as much money because we won't be forced but the top end guilds would go for the extra currency.

This is the way.

We’re getting ok rewards in this raid, no gaurentee we’ll be able to get anything in the new raid.

Taking m3 currency from Ensor will not bode well for a lot of players and guilds, it’ll be a step backwards.

If you take 5 teams to R9 I'm sure you'll get better then mid rewards? Possibly. Within legal requirements of maybe or maybe not, according to the legal team that ensures we clarify our statements...
  • Monel
    2794 posts Member
    Options
    What's everyone's 5th gonna be since jarjar event is unavailable? I just got the other gungans to R5

Read BN's leadership. All allies need to be Gungans for shield generator. I'd just got with the 4 until Jar Jar returns.
  • Whatelse73
    2220 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Monel wrote: »

Read BN's leadership. All allies need to be Gungans for shield generator. I'd just got with the 4 until Jar Jar returns.

Well right now there's a bug with Boss Nass' kit where anyone with four gungans still creates a generator. So, yeah...

Which I might add, disrespects those of us who put extra resources in to GET Jar Jar, but oh they work the same without him. Cool.
  • Options
    Be prepared for the MEGA lag...seeing that the GC with gungans has always been VERY laggy.

Mark my words...
    It would be very interesting to see those peoples who complain about how boring endor raid is, complain about how laggy the new raid will be (and on top of that, highly probable that it will be buggy and the irony, the new raid probably will still be boring).

At least, i can auto the endor and put my tab aside and continue my RL (not like the "Sand worm" raid or whatever it was, that i had to babysit over and over for many retries).
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Options
    RaizoFett wrote: »
    Why isn’t General Grievous on the list of characters? Or did I miss seeing his name?

Mainly because he didn't exist at the time of the battle of Naboo.

He was "created" by Darth Tyranus - but during the Naboo crisis Dooku was still a Jedi and Grievous was still a Kaleesh warlord known as Qymaen jai Sheelal

CG are being lore accurate here - Nute was the controller of the droids - via his Droid Control Ship - which child Anakin destroyed - hence winning the war for Naboo

Except we have reason to think GG may be an enemy raid boss, in which case that entire line of logic goes right down the toilet.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Well right now there's a bug with Boss Nass' kit where anyone with four gungans still creates a generator. So, yeah...

Which I might add, disrespects those of us who put extra resources in to GET Jar Jar, but oh they work the same without him. Cool.

I think it's not a bug, because if you have to have 5 gungans to turn on the shield, you will definitely never get past the Jar Jar event to have 5 gungans.
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    gastropoda wrote: »

I think it's not a bug, because if you have to have 5 gungans to turn on the shield, you will definitely never get past the Jar Jar event to have 5 gungans.

You don't need 5 Gungans, you need all allies to be Gungans.
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

I ran 4 Gungan with hermit yoda in TB and had the shield generator
  • StarSon
    7529 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Well, yeah, that's the bug. But that's not what the person I was replying to was saying.
  • Options
    As always, we can rest assured that it is working as coded <snarkface>
  • scuba
    14186 posts Member
    Options

Well, yeah, that's the bug. But that's not what the person I was replying to was saying.

I am sure they will fix it in time for the raid
  • Ultra
    11602 posts Moderator
    edited June 27
    Options

If they do launch a new raid on July 2nd

That would be right before the team dips for the long weekend (4th of July + lots of people out on Friday)

which is more concerning
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »

That would be right before the team dips for the long weekend (4th of July + lots of people out on Friday)

which is more concerning

Do you expect your guild will be running the raid right away? Do you have your teams ready?

:lol:
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options

which is more concerning

Do you expect your guild will be running the raid right away? Do you have your teams ready?

:lol:

Any guild which cares about raid 3 tokens, which is most, will run it as soon as they can.
  • Options

which is more concerning

I mean… that’s kind of on script for CG, historically. They love to do big releases right before weekends/etc. Buckle down for a loooot of angry forum posts/moderation Ultra… 😬
  • Tsfletch
    212 posts Member
    Options
    Blubcop wrote: »
    Adzski wrote: »
    They should really spend their time fixing current issues (like the Jedi LS bundle debacle), rather than making light jokey posts about a new raid.
    At least it has to be better than the Speeder Bike...maybe the 3rd run when all bugs are fixed....yawn

So you want a community manager to start fixing bugs? I don't know how good Meathead is with coding, but you don't have to know anything about it to bee a community manager(and it's most certainly not part of his job to fix bugs).

I say let him give it a shot, it sometimes seems like you don’t have to know anything about coding to be a developer at CG either.
  • Options
    Azpiri wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    The Conquest Boss hopefully let CG iron out some bugs.

So long as they don’t decide to put Dathomir GG in one of the waves. That would be entertaining.

Quoting from the notes regarding Level 6:
    Faction Bonus: Separatists: +50% Offense and Potency. Whenever the Separatist in the Leader slot uses a Special ability, decrease the enrage timer by 1%.

This is the only mention of affecting the "enrage timer".

I'm expecting to see GG as a boss that's unbeatable. He just summons the next wave of droids when his enrage timer reaches certain thresholds - like we saw in Conquest when DTMG summoned reinforcements, and then eventually he reaches a "Death Mark" where he's unbeatable and simply "ends the attempt" by killing your squads.

We already had that in the tank raid