** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Great event, sorry to Android users who cant compete. Immediately spent the $25 to donate to a decent cause. If this is able to be done three times per day, wow...just wow
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Ackturi wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    YQ64FIH.jpg

Tell me why they don't want android to do charity?

Just like Google made March "Android Month" and did a bunch of marketing with various apps, Apple (every single year, mind you) does something for Earth Day in mid-April, looping in many apps (I have a few other green icons on my screen now). It's not that Android doesn't want to give to charity, it's just that this is something Apple does every year. They also do something for AIDS month.

And who codes the game for each OS? Does apple make the coding to add events? Or Android? It's ea that has the choice to expand charity.

Sure, CG did the coding, but Apple paid for it. CG/EA get nothing for this, outside of whatever Apple agreed to pay (or whatever advertising they offered).

Again, no different than when Android got the droid event. I certainly didn't hear any complaining from Android users when that happened.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    YQ64FIH.jpg

Just like Google made March "Android Month" and did a bunch of marketing with various apps, Apple (every single year, mind you) does something for Earth Day in mid-April, looping in many apps (I have a few other green icons on my screen now). It's not that Android doesn't want to give to charity, it's just that this is something Apple does every year. They also do something for AIDS month.

And who codes the game for each OS? Does apple make the coding to add events? Or Android? It's ea that has the choice to expand charity.

Sure, CG did the coding, but Apple paid for it. CG/EA get nothing for this, outside of whatever Apple agreed to pay (or whatever advertising they offered).

Again, no different than when Android got the droid event. I certainly didn't hear any complaining from Android users when that happened.

No but you heard all ios complain. Now it's androids turn
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @KamikazeRhombus Nice! Ok...seems they found a way to detour me from my farming plan haha.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    YQ64FIH.jpg

/facepalm
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    slampdx wrote: »
    This wwf promo is rock solid but it was stone cold to leave out Android users. Kind of makes me want to hulk out on the ea/cg.

I smell what you're cooking, brother.
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    YQ64FIH.jpg

Most only complained until they realized it was a Google event, not a CG/EA event. Either way, if you want to complain, go to Google and ask why they don't give to WWF in April.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    The trouble with Ewoks is that I can never remember what each one does - what their special abilities are - and they all look the same to me.

Does that sound racist?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone

I qualified for 2nd tier of event and it was super easy....plus it gives tons of buffs to your ewoks to start each of each lvl.

• Options
    the butt-hurt is REAL.. i love it!!! keep em coming boys..

the devs dont care.. they collected a sweet check from apple. tell your little green robot to pay up and im sure they would do the same.

good luck on all your ewoks.. i heard they are farm-able somewhere. LELZ :)
  • Options
    Q37SLeY.jpg
  • Options
    Meh both got their own evetns, just like both got poe and phasma in the end. Only slightly annoying thing is driods are much easier to farm than ewoks so the bundle for this is slightly better
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Now all of the Android owners are coming out to complain about this event. Most likely this is tied to the Apple app store and their wanting to do something nice for charity. Anyway, I don't think they should do exclusive events. It is frustrating for those that get shut out. I wonder if there is going to be an achievement and a bunch of free cards and other stuff sent to Apple users like the android users got the days of spring event.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    gobears21 wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    HanSlowMo wrote: »
    Since I'm not on iOS, how many times can you do the event, and how many shards are awarded? Was it random like the droid event on what shards you get? How many days / times a day can you run it.

Going to be EXTREMELY mad if iOS users can get 8 (previous comment) Elder / Scout shards a couple times a day for a week....

They get to do the event 3 times a day (Android was only 2) for 10 or 11 days, and can get Elder shards every day.
    Plus a $5 pack that includes a full Elder and almost $5 worth of crystals.

Are you saying you can win purple mats multiple times a day? Are people actually pulling those everytime or is it a 1% pull rate?

I did T1 3x and got zero purple mats, though it is a possible reward.

OK cool.... what did u actually get then if I can ask?
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    HanSlowMo wrote: »
    Since I'm not on iOS, how many times can you do the event, and how many shards are awarded? Was it random like the droid event on what shards you get? How many days / times a day can you run it.

Going to be EXTREMELY mad if iOS users can get 8 (previous comment) Elder / Scout shards a couple times a day for a week....

They get to do the event 3 times a day (Android was only 2) for 10 or 11 days, and can get Elder shards every day.
    Plus a $5 pack that includes a full Elder and almost $5 worth of crystals.

Are you saying you can win purple mats multiple times a day? Are people actually pulling those everytime or is it a 1% pull rate?

I did T1 3x and got zero purple mats, though it is a possible reward.

OK cool.... what did u actually get then if I can ask?

3x T6 droids, 2 green mat, 2 blue mat, and some shards; 6 total shards, but I forget for who. I think 2x each for ES, EE, and Tebo.
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Now all of the Android owners are coming out to complain about this event. Most likely this is tied to the Apple app store and their wanting to do something nice for charity. Anyway, I don't think they should do exclusive events. It is frustrating for those that get shut out. I wonder if there is going to be an achievement and a bunch of free cards and other stuff sent to Apple users like the android users got the days of spring event.

money > giving 2 **** about the people playing the game. welcome to the real work and how business works.. its a pretty fantastic thing.
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options

No achievement that I saw. But I did get 1k credits in my inbox.
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    So can anyone tell me how hard is the first step? All my ewoks are level 35 and gear 4 can i do it?

Tier I was very easy. I did with 4* Elder, 3* Chirpa, 3* Scout & 3* Teebo, all were level 30's - 40' & low gear (4 & 5).

Tier II requires 3 4* Ewoks & Tier III 3 6* Ewoks. I can level Teebo & Chirpa to 4* to do Tier II but won't be able to do Tier III. There is no way I can get the Elder or Scout to 6* :'(
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Guess they don't like polls when it comes to real issues.
  • Options
    These are the Ewok bundled (a starter and a booster) packages for IOS only:

SyEIfnN.jpg

xHNC9FC.jpg
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    YQ64FIH.jpg

:Look at the data card. This is an Apple app store "apps for earth" event. Just like android's event except android didn't want to give money to charity. Look, I get it, it sucks to be shut out. I wish they would do away with these exclusive events altogether.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    YQ64FIH.jpg

:Look at the data card. This is an apply app store "apps for earth" event. Just like android's event except android didn't want to give money to charity.

Yeah and if it was charity I would've gotten it too. I only spend money where it counts lol
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    for $25 total that's... surprisingly not terrible. And the proceeds go to charity?

Bought both.

I'm thinking of doing the same. Wondering how many shards of EE and Teebo I'll get since I already have both.
  • Options
    Will the event come back after it s finish?
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Will the event come back after it s finish?

No
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Anyway, I don't think they should do exclusive events. It is frustrating for those that get shut out.

For the record, I agree. If one of the app stores is hosting an event, I think EA/CG should do *something* for the other platform. However, in this case things evened out, so I think it's fine.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I don't recall the Android event including a bundle that is basically a free character that most people don't have because it takes months to farm. They did bring back the old droid bundle, but it was not of use or available to most people.
    The exclusive events are somewhat excusable. The exclusive bundles are not, especially given that this is the only non-starter $5 bundle that has ever been offered.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Bought the 3.99 pack. Decent drops even on the lowest tier :)
  • Options
    Just finished the third node. With my squad (Teebo at 7stars and the other three at 6; Teebo and Elder at gear 8 and the other two at gear 4), it was pretty easy. No losses or even near losses.