** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I don't recall the Android event including a bundle that is basically a free character that most people don't have because it takes months to farm. They did bring back the old droid bundle, but it was not of use or available to most people.
    The exclusive events are somewhat excusable. The exclusive bundles are not, especially given that this is the only non-starter $5 bundle that has ever been offered.

Go on bro :)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Android here. Don't care. Have fun iOS users!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I bought the bundle for the shards and crystals but will not be participating in the event. The bundles only cover the cost of starring the toons, not promoting their physical or gear level. Too broke as is with other more important projects.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    slmcmr wrote: »
    Go on bro :)

I'm done. No point repeating myself, and they don't care anyway.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    I bought the bundle for the shards and crystals but will not be participating in the event. The bundles only cover the cost of starring the toons, not promoting their physical or gear level. Too broke as is with other more important projects.

If you already had the characters, how many shards did you get? I already have EE and Teebo and wanted to know before buying the packs.
  • Options
    Bwhahahahaha. All you android users weren't crying when you were getting free shards and credits for the "7 days of spring". Or whatever. I spent the $25. Got 2 new characters and crystals. I care about Pandas. I'm a happy Panda. My buddy who has been working on an all ewok team since the Chief was introduced? Not so much. Hahaha.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    I think the shard drops in the Event may be guaranteed. I did the 2nd tier all 3 times and received 4 shards each time (elder, Teebo, teebo).

Can anyone else confirm?

If that's the case if event runs 10 days that's 120 free ewok shards for the 4* 2nd tier event
  • Options
    One of the first times Ive spent money on something other than a crystal sub. And it goes to charity (in theory). Good job.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

No bundle has ever had gear update with it
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »
    I think the shard drops in the Event may be guaranteed. I did the 2nd tier all 3 times and received 4 shards each time (elder, Teebo, teebo).

Can anyone else confirm?

If that's the case if event runs 10 days that's 120 free ewok shards for the 4* 2nd tier event

I also got shards all three times, including 6 chirpa at tier 2. I wonder if you can get multiple
    drops of toons on one battle?

And at tier 3 youre getting 6 shards. Can't ask for much more...
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

I'm not sure what you're referencing. I'm referring to the credits it requires to craft gear and promote physical level.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

+1
    Android here as well. Yeah happy for the ios users this time. I couldn't deal with the distraction of levelling and gearing ewoks as well right now with the new changes due in a few hours anyway (although I'd still have purchased the packs for charity)
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Phipps wrote: »

Can anyone else confirm?

I got the same. Can only do T1, but got 2x each time (I think ES, EE, Teebo).
  • Options
    5 dollars got me a 2 star ewok elder. Big deal. I'm level 73 and finished #1 in the arena yesterday. It's for charity and good will towards the iOS users that got shafted during the droid event. I don't like platform exclusive events. I'd have loved to get some droid shards. It is what it is.
  • slmcmr
    875 posts Member
    Options

I'm not sure what you're referencing. I'm referring to the credits it requires to craft gear and promote physical level.

Huh i thought you were talking about the gear level thing.
  • Options
    My ewoks arent healing when they stealth
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

+1 here from Android user.
    iOS users cried so much for this :)
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I just bought my first packs and got both. I was 100% F2P until this event but the charity plus the rewards are well worth it.
  • effdash
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Way more apps than just GoH are participating in this, and all proceeds go to WWF. That is really awesome.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2016/04/14/apple-wwf-app-store/
  • Options
    Question about the event. If I buy the $20 bundle do I have to level and gear these guys up to beat the 2 star event?
  • StarSon
    7526 posts Member
    Options
    Question about the event. If I buy the $20 bundle do I have to level and gear these guys up to beat the 2 star event?

Maybe enough to unlock some abilities, but that should be it. It was super easy.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Maybe enough to unlock some abilities, but that should be it. It was super easy.

Thanks mate
  • Options
    You know, I'm on Android and I don't care about the event. At all. Or ewoks either. It would be nice to buy the packs for charity though. It's a worthy cause. Still wouldn't care to use, level, or gear the ewoks at all. Would just be nice to support the WWF for charity. Oh well I guess.
  • Options
    Great deal for a great cause... Bought both packs! Looking forward to building my little yub-nubs!!!
    I have 99 problems but a Sith ain't one...
  • Options
    Well, the first challenge is pretty easy. I was able to beat it with:

70 - Ewok Elder 5*
    1 - Ewok Scout 4*
    1 - Chief Chirpa 3*
    1 - Teebo 3*

The second one I was able to get the Ewok Elder to the last round but he was just taking too much damage. I guess I'll have to level a couple Ewoks.
  • Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Bwhahahahaha. All you android users weren't crying when you were getting free shards and credits for the "7 days of spring". Or whatever. I spent the $25. Got 2 new characters and crystals. I care about Pandas. I'm a happy Panda. My buddy who has been working on an all ewok team since the Chief was introduced? Not so much. Hahaha.

Nobody cares.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    When the droid event went down, I was a bit upset. I'm iOS and my buddy got a ton of training droids (7* or something ridiculous like that) that were super powerful for leveling and made it cheap for him to get his guys up to 70 really fast.

Now that iOS has an exclusive event? I think they tried to make the two events balanced. But that's just my take on it.
  • Options

Thanks mate
    Well, the first challenge is pretty easy. I was able to beat it with:

70 - Ewok Elder 5*
    1 - Ewok Scout 4*
    1 - Chief Chirpa 3*
    1 - Teebo 3*

The second one I was able to get the Ewok Elder to the last round but he was just taking too much damage. I guess I'll have to level a couple Ewoks.

Yeah I have the elder scout and teebo at around level 45 each gear level 5 and 4 stars and I can't beat teir 2 yet
  • Options
    So the only response I have seen here about the horrible decisions by the developers is

"the developers can do whatever they want"

they sure can but they should think about what it does to the image of the company. I for one have been telling everyone I know not to play a single EA game and personally I will never spend money on EA games with how they have handled themselves in the last couple years. I won't even buy games that I enjoy that are made from EA.

I tried this game out last year because I am a huge star wars fan and in the end the developers ruined any enjoyment I could get out of this game because of the horrible game design which is purely focused on $$ not on making a game people enjoy playing.

I dont care it they delete this (these forums are censored when people speak honestly from what I have seen) but it should be at least said.
    How many are playing just because they are Star Wars fans and don't enjoy playing the game but play it anyway? If it wasn't star wars would you put up with the kindegarten level of development?

This game had a lot of potential but it was lost and the developers refuse to listen to the players to make a entertaining game.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Ackturi wrote: »
    YQ64FIH.jpg

Tell me why they don't want android to do charity?

Just like Google made March "Android Month" and did a bunch of marketing with various apps, Apple (every single year, mind you) does something for Earth Day in mid-April, looping in many apps (I have a few other green icons on my screen now). It's not that Android doesn't want to give to charity, it's just that this is something Apple does every year. They also do something for AIDS month.

And who codes the game for each OS? Does apple make the coding to add events? Or Android? It's ea that has the choice to expand charity.

Sure, CG did the coding, but Apple paid for it. CG/EA get nothing for this, outside of whatever Apple agreed to pay (or whatever advertising they offered).

Again, no different than when Android got the droid event. I certainly didn't hear any complaining from Android users when that happened.

No but you heard all ios complain. Now it's androids turn

Yeah... Considering what iOS already got, the iOS guys lost their minds for the Droid event. Looks like the Ewok event kills what the Droid event was.