** The Ewok Event : [ Merged Comments thread ]

Replies

• Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    Bwhahahahaha. All you android users weren't crying when you were getting free shards and credits for the "7 days of spring". Or whatever. I spent the $25. Got 2 new characters and crystals. I care about Pandas. I'm a happy Panda. My buddy who has been working on an all ewok team since the Chief was introduced? Not so much. Hahaha.

Nobody cares.

You cared enough to respond. #EwokLove
  • Options
    I play of both IOS and Droid. The big difference I see is droid users got free shards without having to pay anything for the droid event.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe I can't even ask a simple question without it being deleted.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I play of both IOS and Droid. The big difference I see is droid users got free shards without having to pay anything for the droid event.

And more level 3 ability mats right? I only got one in the 3 attempts.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Jcrandall21
    151 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »

And more level 3 ability mats right? I only got one in the 3 attempts.

Actually haven't decided yet if I will pay for the event. Shall see. Not sure I want to level up the ewoks at all.

• Options

This is why I think it kind of evens out. iOS players can pay for a great bundle and android users got free prizes without having to level any characters.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options

This is why I think it kind of evens out. iOS players can pay for a great bundle and android users got free prizes without having to level any characters.

And yet chief is one of hardest to farm
  • CPTRogers
    107 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    *Deleted*
    No longer really relevant.

Just enjoying the event.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options

Exactly. I got 2 full hk-47 drops from the Droid cards that were completely free.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    CPTRogers wrote: »
    I dont care it they delete this (these forums are censored when people speak honestly from what I have seen) but it should be at least said.

I don't think I've seen a single post censored unless it violated policy.

How does asking who wanted to do charity violate anything?
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The elder pack is going to make me lose my FTP cred. 12 days of hard framing plus 440 in crystals is a no brainer.

Not much value in the 3 star pack as Teebo has zero value. The 15 scout shards are worth 7 days and the 50 chirps shards 8 days. So you get 15 days of utility for $20 vs 12 days for $5.

• Options
    Ackturi wrote: »

I think you meant Ewok Scout. Chief Chirpa is easier to farm once you get his cantina node.
  • Options
    Diraan wrote: »

Exactly. I got 2 full hk-47 drops from the Droid cards that were completely free.

And I only got shards, never a full drop. Droids are bad, so again, I don't care. But RNG means everyone gets different outcomes.
  • Options
    Bwhahahahaha. All you android users weren't crying when you were getting free shards and credits for the "7 days of spring". Or whatever. I spent the $25. Got 2 new characters and crystals. I care about Pandas. I'm a happy Panda. My buddy who has been working on an all ewok team since the Chief was introduced? Not so much. Hahaha.

Nobody cares.

You cared enough to respond. #EwokLove

I prefer to call it, telling a less intelligent being how the majority of the player base feels.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • KamikazeRhombus
    1412 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    M9silent wrote: »

And I only got shards, never a full drop. Droids are bad, so again, I don't care. But RNG means everyone gets different outcomes.

My daily rank 1 on an early December server begs to differ. They aren't bad, they just aren't meta.
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options

I think you meant Ewok Scout. Chief Chirpa is easier to farm once you get his cantina node.

The cantina 8 node? That takes a bit to get to?
  • Options

Chief Chirpa is in Cantina 5. Ewok Scout has a level 8 hard battle.
  • Options

My daily rank 1 on an early December server begs to differ. They aren't bad, they just aren't meta.

Very silly for someone to say droids are bad. I agree with you.
  • Options

@KamikazeRhombus All right. I'll give you that. I'm on a launch server and don't see droids anymore. Always creamed them when I did. Anyways, opinion of mine is they're bad, you like them and win, then they're good for you. Also, I think ewoks are bad as well, but I don't like ewoks so I'm biased.

My point t was only that I got shards, never an unlock. Still don't care about either exclusive event, but I do wish I could purchase the packs for charity, even if I would never use them. That's all
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options

My bad. They all look alike <3
  • Robert
    150 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget Teebo is in gw shipments. I needed 8 shards to unlock him for my third 2* Ewok and got the final 5 shards from a quick gw shipment purchase!

• Options

My bad. They all look alike <3

It's all good! :)
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    So the only response I have seen here about the horrible decisions by the developers is

"the developers can do whatever they want"

they sure can but they should think about what it does to the image of the company. I for one have been telling everyone I know not to play a single EA game and personally I will never spend money on EA games with how they have handled themselves in the last couple years. I won't even buy games that I enjoy that are made from EA.

I tried this game out last year because I am a huge star wars fan and in the end the developers ruined any enjoyment I could get out of this game because of the horrible game design which is purely focused on $$ not on making a game people enjoy playing.

I dont care it they delete this (these forums are censored when people speak honestly from what I have seen) but it should be at least said.
    How many are playing just because they are Star Wars fans and don't enjoy playing the game but play it anyway? If it wasn't star wars would you put up with the kindegarten level of development?

This game had a lot of potential but it was lost and the developers refuse to listen to the players to make a entertaining game.

@AndorfRequissa

Sorry, I think you should be allowed to rant if you feel offended, but you're off base here on a few things.

First and foremost, if you "tried this game out last year", does that mean you don't play it now? Why are ranting on the forums if you're not playing it? If you've been playing it this whole time, what are you complaining about? You've been playing a F2P game for MONTHS, it obviously has something of value to bring you back.

Specifically related to the event, the pricing is actually *QUITE* reasonable compared to other offers. They are also offering completely FREE stuff during the event.

GoH is actually an extremely polished app as far as graphics quality, expecially when considering how little it hurts your battery for the visual elements in the game. I bought ONE bundle, for the purpose of participating in the droid event, but I have otherwise played the game for free and very much enjoyed the experience except for some bugs - several of which have been dealt with - and some balance issues, which will hopefully be taken care of today.

This event is about Apple sponsoring an event to tie in with their Earth day campaign. Taking shots at EA when you admittedly don't invest anything in their company gives you little moral ground to stand on.
  • Options

@KamikazeRhombus All right. I'll give you that. I'm on a launch server and don't see droids anymore. Always creamed them when I did. Anyways, opinion of mine is they're bad, you like them and win, then they're good for you. Also, I think ewoks are bad as well, but I don't like ewoks so I'm biased.

My point t was only that I got shards, never an unlock. Still don't care about either exclusive event, but I do wish I could purchase the packs for charity, even if I would never use them. That's all

I understand its your opinion and you are entitled to it. I agree though that platform-exclusive events are bad regardless of which platform is receiving them.
  • Options
    It's for a good cause. Throw down $5 for the movement!
  • Ackturi
    379 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    It's for a good cause. Throw down $5 for the movement!

Cant...
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Well this sucks, teebo 3 star level 50 and ewok scout 2 star, won't be ready by the time it ends
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    You understand that the charity angle is basicly a scam. Apple in their budget sets out an amount to give to various charities each year. That number doesn't change based on how much is donated.
  • Options
    Wow. I never tought EA would manage it, but they will make me a one time P2P! Most importantly, it will be the first time I am convinced to give money for a phone app so cudos to them. Will not be doing it for them though (I would not have normaly bought the pack no matter how great the deal is), but because of all the proceeds going to the WWF.

Might change my mind before buying it (still a bit on the fence), but if I do, I'll get the EE pack for sure. The second one is a harder dilemma.

By the way, the packs are 7.99 and 27.99 in Canada.
  • Options
    kbonifay wrote: »
    this is a fantastic event.. very cool and fun. NICE JOB DEVS!!!

(please share with android users so they dont blow up the forums with heinous amounts of butt-hurt, even though they got their droids) :)

edit: 100% of proceeds are donated!! even more YES

Key word: proceeds. Depends on their definition, net sales vs profit. If they take out r&d and programing 'Fees' there might be little 'proceeds' left.... Lol if it's total revenue than that is pretty cool, but what are the chances of that?