Is Yoda viable anymore

Prev134
JSnow54
176 posts Member
edited April 2016
I've got him at 5*, low level. Haven't invested much. Was still working on my jedi's.

So two things:

After seeing what protection does I wonder if he will have protection when the challenge is opened back up. If he does... <3. He was OP in his challenge before from what saw but could you imagine him with protection now also. Health like a tank but still hitting hard.

2. I haven't really paid much attention to the damage my Jedi were doing in arena tonight. I run Dooko, QGJ, Lumi, Poggle, and GS. With Poggle's offense up they seemed to still do okay. Went 5/5 and finished 44 so not complaining. The new meta seems like it's gonna be health and TM. Are the Jedi even going to be viable in the meta?

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Hate when you start with "Sooo..." so I am not reading this.
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    What are you smoking
  • Options
    JSnow54 wrote: »
    What are you smoking

This.
  • Options
    They nerfed his attacks into oblivion. I'm gonna be optimistic and hope he's still good at 7*
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    with battles lasting a loot longer yoda has more time to get his team wide buffs out, therefore in my opinion this may not overall be a nerf, as he has more time to set up his ally buffs.
  • Options
    His damage was reduced by 60%
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Kazandu wrote: »

:/ discouraging
  • Options

Not true, read up on it. That was his level 80 attack which was not correct.
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options

Wow you are easy to beat in a debate
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Eaywen wrote: »

Wow you are easy to beat in a debate

Haha
  • Options
    I didn't notice a big drop in his damage. He worked just as well post update.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    He got a huge damage reduction especially on his AOE. I won 2/3 battles today post update but my Jedi seam like will be way out matched pretty soon.
  • DarthPaiMei
    227 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I used my 6 star Yoda in GW, his damage is completely insignificant now, if they leave him like this he's become pretty much worthless.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope I haven't been pouring all my shard farming into Jedi for nothing. Nerfing Yoda, one of their money makers come event time, would be one of the dumbest ideas yet.
  • Options
    scarecrow at best. show data and i'll believe you
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    I really hope I haven't been pouring all my shard farming into Jedi for nothing. Nerfing Yoda, one of their money makers come event time, would be one of the dumbest ideas yet.

Welcome to Star Wars:GoH. There is no intellegence in this company
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Welcome to Star Wars:GoH. There is no intellegence in this company

Yoda is still very useful imo. He gives so many buff to your team now.
  • Options
    yoda is now more of a puzzle piece to be used in the right place rather than a "OOH lets have qgj lead and yoda + 3 other random dps toons and i'll win" team :/
    nobody can possibly conceive of all the new possibilities/combinations of teams that are now viable post update. give it at least a week people.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I used my 6 star Yoda in GW, his damage is completely insignificant now, if they leave him like this he's become pretty much worthless.

Sadly, this is true. Yoda went down easy (his protection is not that hot) and didn't do much before he was killed. I hope the 2 arena battles tonight were a fluke, but he seemed to be MUCH less of a threat than he was pre-patch. EA_Jesse assured everyone in another thread that the Yoda nerfs were based on level 80 numbers...but he hit's more like Barris now.

He can get off most of his stuff, but it doesn't seem to help nearly as much with protection and the fact that he his nerfed.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    So now it's Yoda+Han instead of QGJ.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sadly, this is true. Yoda went down easy (his protection is not that hot) and didn't do much before he was killed. I hope the 2 arena battles tonight were a fluke, but he seemed to be MUCH less of a threat than he was pre-patch. EA_Jesse assured everyone in another thread that the Yoda nerfs were based on level 80 numbers...but he hit's more like Barris now.

He can get off most of his stuff, but it doesn't seem to help nearly as much with protection and the fact that he his nerfed.

Yeah, what I was thinking when I used him, he seems to make just about as much damage as Barris use to. Of course now she doesn't do any damage at all, she just tickles the opponents, but that's another story...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    goobstoob wrote: »
    yoda is now more of a puzzle piece to be used in the right place rather than a "OOH lets have qgj lead and yoda + 3 other random dps toons and i'll win" team :/
    nobody can possibly conceive of all the new possibilities/combinations of teams that are now viable post update. give it at least a week people.

This might be true. It does seem like the meta might be opening up. Heck, apparently even Chewie is viable again. lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yoda was hitting like Bariss when I used him in GW this morning. Mine was a 6* fully geared.
    I brought all my Jedi to 7* for it to be nerfed.
    Fantastic....
  • Options
    I think their idea was to turn him into a pure utility character like Poggle or Obi wan.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    I think their idea was to turn him into a pure utility character like Poggle or Obi wan.

Their idea was purely to neuter the fast toons so that ppla stopped using them since everyone cried about everyone else using fast toons. Now the fast toons are neutered so use slow ones instead. Enough time will pass where everyone cries about slow toons and they will make fast ones decent again.
    Issue is, toons like yoda and dooku were probably the most balanced toons in the game. A big weakness for every strength but now they are neutered to the point of their damage being compared to bariss's............ Enough said
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »

Their idea was purely to neuter the fast toons so that ppla stopped using them since everyone cried about everyone else using fast toons. Now the fast toons are neutered so use slow ones instead. Enough time will pass where everyone cries about slow toons and they will make fast ones decent again.
    Issue is, toons like yoda and dooku were probably the most balanced toons in the game. A big weakness for every strength but now they are neutered to the point of their damage being compared to bariss's............ Enough said

Did Dooku got his damage nerfed as well??
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Apparently yes but I didn't pay close enough attention to really notice.
  • Options
    Akster wrote: »
    with battles lasting a loot longer yoda has more time to get his team wide buffs out, therefore in my opinion this may not overall be a nerf, as he has more time to set up his ally buffs.

I agree. And his next basic upgrade grants more turn meter, so more attacks. I think/hope he will still be good.
  • Options
    Anyone who is saying that his damage change isn't noticeable does not have a maxed Yoda. His damage debuff is REALLY noticeable. I pulled him out after one match until I can find another team that he can shine on. Fingers crossed there is one...
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    supachai wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »

Did Dooku got his damage nerfed as well??

Of course he did. All the fast toons did.
    Mine is fully geared and max'd at all timescause he was fun and functional. He now crits for under 3,000 damage........ Thats a crit not a notmal attack. You dang near cant even see the opponets health bar move when he attacks now.