Is Yoda viable anymore

124Next

Replies

• Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    So let me get this straight. The announcement that you could get yoda through a special event was very exciting. So because I wanted yoda so bad I stopped what I was doing to farm 5 7* jedis. I put all my resources into it, spent money on crystals for refreshes and when the second yoda event came around I was ready with 5 7* jedi. I spent 5 straight hours battling yoda and finally luck was on my side and I got my 7* yoda. I was so excited. He was a good toon worthy of a top tier rating. THEN HE GOT THE NERF HAMMER! now he is a mediocre toon and has been benched. All the time money and effort I put into getting him and he gets turned into a worthless toon. We'll, lesson learned on my part. I will not make that same mistake again. Not another penny from me will be spent on this game!

I sympathize with your frustration on spending the money to attain Yoda the second time around only for drastic stat changes to be made to him. I do however hope you maintain positive mind set down the road when comparing him from before. Try not to think about his stat changes and look at his in game impact compared to before when determining if he has become a "worthless" toon. If you still maintain the same opinion after some trial and error than i feel sorry for you to have invested so much into him for nothing.

Good luck!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    After testing yoda in the arena I can say he is still good. His 60% reduction was to his Masterstroke ability at lvl 8 which no one has yet. Now with protection and battles taking longer, Yoda has more time to set up his Battle meditation which also helps a lot against all the Dooku, RG, and Daka that are around.
  • Options
    Rex wrote: »
    I use Yoda mostly for GW and sub him in and out depending on the team I am facing. The biggest challenge I have had in the past is with cool down management, as I prefer to have BM ready to go at the beginning of a battle, and would sometimes have to leave him in for an extra battle to work his cool downs. With the battles taking an extra couple of turns today, I found it a lot easier to manage that aspect. Although he hits a little softer now, I use him for his other abilities that he brings and did not notice any significant reduction in his performance under the new balance.

That's good to hear! I haven't done GW since the update yet, looking forward to having easier time managing his cool downs!
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Once I saw the huge reduction in damage to Yoda, I was very skeptical. After completing GW again last night with no trouble, I really like how Yoda has been turned from a one time Battle Meditation use per fight, into being able to use it more often and WISELY. Now I can use it twice per fight, and allow for my healer to get ALL of my toons back to full health before the next fight. Let's just give it time guys, I'm sure other toons will be found out to have such more impact with this update. I'm excited!

To be fair, GW took me 3 1/2 hours to complete this time, instead of 45 mins to an hour.
  • Options
    Yoda isn't viable for any type of damage. You would now only use him... If you need his support abilities. He's now a flawed toon. IMO
  • Nefferion
    76 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    They nerfed his attacks into oblivion. I'm gonna be optimistic and hope he's still good at 7*

You answer is no. Not for attacks anyway. His support abilities are.... Meh. I worked so frelling hard to get him spent way more money then I should have to obtain him. I've learned my lesson, don't spend money it doesn't guarantee you anything except for regret. I think everyone should demand refunds for the Crystal's they bought or for the limited time bundles. They were pointless because all the toons are shiza now
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yeah, the changes they brought sure feel like he's not worth pushing for. He may become more of a force to be reckoned with at 80. But right now, he is definitely NOT special, not like he was. Don't spend any money on that push.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Yoda is still good on offense at least bc you can steal every buff available at the best case and ive noticed that dmg got down with most toons so much that buffs have become much more important. With qgj assist and off up yoda can still do 10k which is pretty good.(not sure though of those were the only buffs)
    1 thing so far that frustrates me is last light side node with dooku who hits for 10k and with double kills almost every toon so havent been able to 3* so far
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Because the thread for the petition will get closed as soon a moderator looks at it and EA doesnt care about what the people here say, buys people who never used their google account for anything but as a big surprise use their account the first time since the update is there and simply rate 5 Stars in the app stores, i want you to go here and connect to this petition on an external website:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ea-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-update

WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER NOW, SPREAD THE WORD, COPY THIS EVERYWHERE

You think EA doesn't care about peoples here say.....you really need to read this post....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feedback#latest

@GuardArminus

SOME people are upset? SOME like it?

They are deleting so much stuff here! So much feedback! Are you nuts?
    They are only deleting things against TOS - like petitions. Stop spamming the forums. We get it - you don't like the update. Many of us do. Not everyone thinks like you do. Get over it - and yourself.

The fact that you did 2600 posts saying that you like it, and 2600 people make 1 post saying that they dont like it, doesnt make your voice count more than ours. You seem to be very narcisstic.

That is technically correct. But, since I like the update and think the people are being babies and whiners because they are facing a little adversity, I respectfully think Nicoms565 is right and you are wrong. Where do you get 90% of people don't like it?

Please @RAYRAY don't pull him back into this thread lol. Unless he wants to talk about Yoda :)

Somebody call me? ;)

In the interest of full disclosure, my Yoda is 6* (not 7*) and Gear level VIII (missing some purple eyeballs) - so bear that in mind. Maybe someone with 7* Yoda can share how a stonger version fares.
    So, it seems our green Jedi Master is still "useful" in arena (and GW to be sure) - but not on offense per se. For me (with or even without a QGJ lead) he was a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with. Now, however, he is a solid "utility" team mate - but hardly the one-Jedi wrecking crew he was. His buffs are still an important part of the game, but the damage isn't there.

Basically, he's now "one of the guys" - or as someone else put it "a puzzle piece" in a team, but not the rock star. I would definitely tell people NOT to spend too much time (and definitely no money) to try to snag him - not at 6* anyway. A week ago, I would have. But post patch, there are other heroes that add some nice utility that are a better ROI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Because the thread for the petition will get closed as soon a moderator looks at it and EA doesnt care about what the people here say, buys people who never used their google account for anything but as a big surprise use their account the first time since the update is there and simply rate 5 Stars in the app stores, i want you to go here and connect to this petition on an external website:

You think EA doesn't care about peoples here say.....you really need to read this post....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feedback#latest

@GuardArminus

They are only deleting things against TOS - like petitions. Stop spamming the forums. We get it - you don't like the update. Many of us do. Not everyone thinks like you do. Get over it - and yourself.

The fact that you did 2600 posts saying that you like it, and 2600 people make 1 post saying that they dont like it, doesnt make your voice count more than ours. You seem to be very narcisstic.

That is technically correct. But, since I like the update and think the people are being babies and whiners because they are facing a little adversity, I respectfully think Nicoms565 is right and you are wrong. Where do you get 90% of people don't like it?

Please @RAYRAY don't pull him back into this thread lol. Unless he wants to talk about Yoda :)

Somebody call me? ;)

In the interest of full disclosure, my Yoda is 6* (not 7*) and Gear level VIII (missing some purple eyeballs) - so bear that in mind. Maybe someone with 7* Yoda can share how a stonger version fares.
    So, it seems our green Jedi Master is still "useful" in arena (and GW to be sure) - but not on offense per se. For me (with or even without a QGJ lead) he was a force (no pun intended) to be reckoned with. Now, however, he is a solid "utility" team mate - but hardly the one-Jedi wrecking crew he was. His buffs are still an important part of the game, but the damage isn't there.

Basically, he's now "one of the guys" - or as someone else put it "a puzzle piece" in a team, but not the rock star. I would definitely tell people NOT to spend too much time (and definitely no money) to try to snag him - not at 6* anyway. A week ago, I would have. But post patch, there are other heroes that add some nice utility that are a better ROI.

I have him at 7* completely max gears. I would say he still shines just as much as before. He has just become more a support role than attacker is all. Maybe it's because I run him in a full Jedi squad but he is just as good if not better now in my eyes. At least for Arena, unfortunately I haven't has the time to GW. From what I have heard from others he have become more useful in GW because you are able to use his CD's more.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Not all fait toons Rey has barely been touched, so much for slow hit harder fast lighter... That woukd have mande sense imo
  • Options
    Mateosius wrote: »
    Not all fait toons Rey has barely been touched, so much for slow hit harder fast lighter... That woukd have mande sense imo

Yeah but thing is she doesn't gave anything else going for her, same with GS. All they do is dps and that's it. QGJ and Yoda git a damage Nerf but makes sense because they are support characters with lots of utility. P.S: I don't have Rey or GS and I run QGJ with Yoda and I'm perfectly fine with these changes. Hasn't slowed me down in arena at all
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Yoda hits like Barris now. Sad day indeed. Yoda to the bench.
  • Options
    And here i am sitting with a 7* eeth koth preparing for 7* yoda challenge to hear this.... Am i supposed to count myself lucky i havent poured more than the load of resources i already have into jedi JUST for the yoda challenge?

Even after the update I would say he is still just as important to farm if you want to run Jedi Squad. I'm actually having an easier time in Arena post update with Jedi, and Yoda sill has a lot of function going on. Sure he does less damage, but that balances out with longer fights because he hits more than anyone else other than maybe Dooku. Another thing is now the utility side of him is more viable due to the longer fights.
    He's less of an attacker now but still a very strong support character.

In regards to Eeth Koth, you should not be disappointing with your investment in him. He's another key factor for a end game Jedi team with the most reliable stun in the game and a direct counter to those droid/poggle/poe teams still floating in the top 20's.

If you decide to continue down the full on Jedi path you will be satisfied! I run QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth in arena and can take rank #1 in arena. Another great thing about going full Jedi is they are really good in GW with Barris/JC/Lum/Ahsoka for party heals options.

Hope this helps! @Boba_The_Fetter

Wow you totally convinced me. I think i was looking at this all wrong. You make really good points and i guess i wont give up on going for yoda!
  • ubn87
    314 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    He is just as op as pre patch. Go for him. And yeah mine is maxed g9 level 74 7*

Tm manipulation, controll protection. He is a support not suppose to be top dps .

But as a support he is probably best in the game atm.
  • Seknos
    306 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    After testing yoda in the arena I can say he is still good. His 60% reduction was to his Masterstroke ability at lvl 8 which no one has yet. Now with protection and battles taking longer, Yoda has more time to set up his Battle meditation which also helps a lot against all the Dooku, RG, and Daka that are around.

I have seen this comment very often, so i went ahead and checked my 5* gear 8 (5/6) lvl70 Yoda.

Before update his masterstroke ability was doing around 1,6-1,7k damage not that spectacular just correct.
    After update his padawanstroke ability does around 1 -1,1k damage.

Before update his unstoppable force ability was doing around 3,4 to 3,5k no it is doing around 2,5 to 2,7k.

Those figure may vary due to the enemy defense and level.

I watched yoyo yoda stream yesterday, he used a lvl 76 fully geared 7* Yoda in GW. So basically if i level my Yoda to lvl 76, promote him to 7* and gear him up, he will still be doing significantly less damage than before. That is just depressing.

He is still usefull thanks to his kit fortunately. I think that a more reasonable nerf would have been more acceptable. Especially for a character that requires that much effort and investment to get to 7*.
  • Options
    Anyone who followed this forum when I was more active knows I am a Yoda freak.

I went crazy when they finally added him to the game (even though he represented the absolute hardest toon to attain at that point... Grievous is now).

Sadly, they might as well have just removed him.

He does not have the survivability to even dependably do his buffs. Most of the time he dies in the first 1-2 turns. In GW he is in constant danger now and his output is so low with such slow speed there really isn't any foreseeable way to play him effectively at this time.

Yoda is broken. Back to hiding in a swamp I guess.

A large part of why I'm 'taking a break' from the game. Yoda is my favorite character and now I can't use him without severely gimping my squad in any situation.

HE IS FREAKING YODA!! Seriously, he should be the most powerful toon in the game! At least top 3. Why are freaking bug people (GS/Poggle) more powerful in everyway?! **** Star Wars are you devs watching?!
  • Options

Anyone who thinks Yoda is viable in this world of Dooku/Aayla/Fives/etc., counterattacks is dilusional.

Go ahead. Get a 7* level 74 Yoda like mine and tell me different. You can't.

If you drop his AoE to 'steal buffs' so you can work that magic, you are dead. You will be counter with 2-5 hits from Dooku before you can blink and be dead/stunned and almost dead or... wait for it... dead.

Dead, dead and dead. That is the new Yoda. Buffs and all.

If they want to make his buffing useful, make it so the moment you steal them they are instantly spread to the squad. As it is, he is dead before that next turn.
  • Options
    And here i am sitting with a 7* eeth koth preparing for 7* yoda challenge to hear this.... Am i supposed to count myself lucky i havent poured more than the load of resources i already have into jedi JUST for the yoda challenge?

Even after the update I would say he is still just as important to farm if you want to run Jedi Squad. I'm actually having an easier time in Arena post update with Jedi, and Yoda sill has a lot of function going on. Sure he does less damage, but that balances out with longer fights because he hits more than anyone else other than maybe Dooku. Another thing is now the utility side of him is more viable due to the longer fights.
    He's less of an attacker now but still a very strong support character.

In regards to Eeth Koth, you should not be disappointing with your investment in him. He's another key factor for a end game Jedi team with the most reliable stun in the game and a direct counter to those droid/poggle/poe teams still floating in the top 20's.

If you decide to continue down the full on Jedi path you will be satisfied! I run QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth in arena and can take rank #1 in arena. Another great thing about going full Jedi is they are really good in GW with Barris/JC/Lum/Ahsoka for party heals options.

Hope this helps! @Boba_The_Fetter

Wow you totally convinced me. I think i was looking at this all wrong. You make really good points and i guess i wont give up on going for yoda!

Not a problem! The only down fall is they are bad on D. Well they were pre-update, will have to give it a week or so to really say for sure now. I seemed to drop down less last night but that doesn't say much.

May the force be with you :)

☮ Consular ☮
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    ubn87 wrote: »
    He is just as op as pre patch. Go for him. And yeah mine is maxed g9 level 74 7*

Tm manipulation, controll protection. He is a support not suppose to be top dps .

But as a support he is probably best in the game atm.

Bingo! +1

☮ Consular ☮
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Yoda was borderline arena meta before. He is dead now.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anyone who thinks Yoda is viable in this world of Dooku/Aayla/Fives/etc., counterattacks is dilusional.

If you drop his AoE to 'steal buffs' so you can work that magic, you are dead. You will be counter with 2-5 hits from Dooku before you can blink and be dead/stunned and almost dead or... wait for it... dead.

If they want to make his buffing useful, make it so the moment you steal them they are instantly spread to the squad. As it is, he is dead before that next turn.

It's interesting that you say this because I reached top ranks with the 10 Arena battles. I found him to be quite the opposite of what you're saying. With the turns being longer the support aspect of his has become even stronger to balance with the damage reduction.

First off his main utility's are tenacity up, turn meter gain, turn meter reduction and stun.

In regard to buff steal AOE, if you are facing Dooku, you should only steal buffs if you have foresight and/or tenacity up. This way Dooku can't stun/ability block with his counter. Plus you evade his first hit. Not to mention with Dooku's damage Nerf he's even less of a threat.

I've had no problem against Fives or Dooku as of yet. @ThePedroKid If you still disagree with me that's fine. If not I'm glad I could bring some hope to you for your Yoda :)

☮ Consular ☮
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    I didn't notice a big drop in his damage. He worked just as well post update.

Rakkassan much? Exactly what he said at level 7 max gear. His foresite is still helpful against a Dooku or old Ben team.
  • Options

It's interesting that you say this because I reached top ranks with the 10 Arena battles. I found him to be quite the opposite of what you're saying. With the turns being longer the support aspect of his has become even stronger to balance with the damage reduction.

First off his main utility's are tenacity up, turn meter gain, turn meter reduction and stun.

In regard to buff steal AOE, if you are facing Dooku, you should only steal buffs if you have foresight and/or tenacity up. This way Dooku can't stun/ability block with his counter. Plus you evade his first hit. Not to mention with Dooku's damage Nerf he's even less of a threat.

I've had no problem against Fives or Dooku as of yet. @ThePedroKid If you still disagree with me that's fine. If not I'm glad I could bring some hope to you for your Yoda :)

☮ Consular ☮

Been there. Done that.

I have been able to get into top 10 for months on my shard. I've been #1 more times than I can count.

I know how to play Yoda. I was one of the only people using BEFORE the nerf in Arena on my shard because I knew how. Now, though, not a chance. Your strategy for Dooku is flawed. Yes, foresight is fabulous for eliminating ONE of his counters; however, he will still stun and ability block on the second strike which happens 9/10 times. I've seriously had him go at Yoda over 5 times in one streak. I can't even tell Dooku had a damage nerf. He still puts out over 6k on nearly any counter series at minimum it seems aside from the 1/10 times he only does one hit. Aayla is even more OP but no one has her because she is Chromium so you just don't see her enough to know how OP she is. When she hits the main game and can be farmed people are gonna lose their... yeah. She rocks socks.

The only place I can see Yoda is MAYBE as leader because groups are so debuff heavy now and it would speed jedi up; however, this is kinda mute since everyone is using Dooku who's evade is so severely bugged I literally had a squad dodge 23 consecutive attacks two days ago. Seriously, I'm not even lying. I count those things everytime now. Couple that with Jedi avoidance by Sith (mostly Sid) and, yeah, no... Not happening.

I still use him because Yoda is Yoda. But, I work my way up to top 20 from 50+ each day now and have to buy another 5 if I want top ten because he is TERRIBLE on D. Seriously, I should not be getting pushed from #3 to #67 in one day. EVER.

If I switched him to Kylo, I could cut that loss in half each day. Simple. Heck, even Ashoka could probably cut it in half after her slight buff!

Yoda should ALWAYS be the meta. For how hard he is to get and what he represents from the SW story, he needs to truly stand out. It doesn't have to be from a purely damage point of view. He can be amazing at support but currently he is not. He needs about 30% more buffing to his support to be amazing and appropriate for that role. First, when he steals buffs he should immediately put them on the squad... No waiting for a turn. Second, when he steals buffs it should remove them from enemies. That, and a 5-10% of his max health is healed on the squad when he does his move. Then, maybe we can talk.

Right now, he is way way way too soft.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I am in first daily at payout with a QGJ led Yoda on my team. He is maxed out. Still crits for 5 k on his basic and prevents a ton of damage/stuns. Sure his aoe is more in line with virtually EVERYBODY else now (while stealing buffs), and his second special is a little weaker but he is still viable and a key on my top arena team. His speed is awesome too.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options

@GuardArminus

You do realize you're doing the exact same thing he is only with an opposite opinion right?
  • Options
    No it doesnt matter which character starts first so... I have him at 7* and still good for Arena because of his Dodge Basic, but I think I will change him for Rey when I get her to 7*
  • Lightwalker
    256 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think if you were using yoda for an out and out damage dealer then you don't understand the character (toon) very well.

He is useful IF you pair him with the correct teammates! Of course he doesn't hit as hard as an attacker toon, or have as much health as the tank character - so just a though - use an attacker and a tank with him to protect him and do damage alongside.

Yoda is all about protecting your team from debuffs and stealing opposition buff advantages and using these against them!

I'd say if you want him and have a team in mind for synergy with him - then go for him. If you arent that fussed about using him etc then put your energy into other toons instead.

...also I don't get the point in petitions - they are a private company that will do whatever the hell they want to - whether you petition against it or not. if you feel that strongly then stop playing the game - it will hurt EA / CG and force them to adapt more than anything else will