Is Yoda viable anymore

Replies

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    I just used my 6* in a cantina battle. LOL, yeah I had to see for myself.

Luckily I'll use the Jedi I've been farming for 7*, but I'm certainly in no hurry to finish them now. I doubt Yoda will get any use aside from my GW B or C team.
  • Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    supachai wrote: »
    I think their idea was to turn him into a pure utility character like Poggle or Obi wan.

Their idea was purely to neuter the fast toons so that ppla stopped using them since everyone cried about everyone else using fast toons. Now the fast toons are neutered so use slow ones instead. Enough time will pass where everyone cries about slow toons and they will make fast ones decent again.
    Issue is, toons like yoda and dooku were probably the most balanced toons in the game. A big weakness for every strength but now they are neutered to the point of their damage being compared to bariss's............ Enough said

Did Dooku got his damage nerfed as well??

Of course he did. All the fast toons did.
    Mine is fully geared and max'd at all timescause he was fun and functional. He now crits for under 3,000 damage........ Thats a crit not a notmal attack. You dang near cant even see the opponets health bar move when he attacks now.

Maybe it time to put IG86 and IG88 in the line up. They are slow; and now they inflict bigger damage.
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yoda is still very Viable. I still run my same F2P fell Jedi team and can still take top ranks after the update. To be honest it's actually gotten easier.

I run QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth
    Post edited by Megadeth3700 on
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda + St Han can be insane. Yoda steals RG's defense and health up; Yoda gives those buffs plus foresight to han; Han lasts until the end of the battle easily.

I didn't fight a single arena match in the top 10 where my Han died. I'll wait a few more days to pass judgements, but right now I am really loving Yoda and Han.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Options
    Yoda's viable on defense, but his utility doesn't bring enough to the table on offense now.
  • Options
    I think their idea was to turn him into a pure utility character like Poggle or Obi wan.

Their idea was purely to neuter the fast toons so that ppla stopped using them since everyone cried about everyone else using fast toons. Now the fast toons are neutered so use slow ones instead. Enough time will pass where everyone cries about slow toons and they will make fast ones decent again.
    Issue is, toons like yoda and dooku were probably the most balanced toons in the game. A big weakness for every strength but now they are neutered to the point of their damage being compared to bariss's............ Enough said

Dooku got a meager 15% damage reduction. Less than every other top speed character, and less than lower speed characters like Old Ben (20%).
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    He's fine. But please, ignore him, write him off.

He has so much utility and he still does ok damage. As if total debuff immunity to start a match isn't important. Guess what, it is more important now than ever before.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    Iam sitting at rank 4 trying to take 1st but their 7* yoda is what's stopping me, yes his damage has dropped but his utility and buffs other heros is killing me, with the new protection +RG he's very hard to gun down fast without him giving others insane buffs
  • Options
    Yoda and QGJ both max gear and 7* at level 73 hit for only 2500 or less with basic attack and for less than 4500 on Specials.

They are both, along with JC, Mace, Bariss, Eeth and Plo useless to use Jedi.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda can shine as a Jedi leader, especially against heavily debuffing teams. If Sid stays so common in arena, you can be getting a lot of free turn meter. And if you encounter both Sid and Vader, you get a whole free turn... Also, team-wide foresight will never be a bad thing.
  • Dev_Str
    137 posts Member
    Options

.[/quote]

Yes, but Dooku's damages wasn't what (still) made him a beast.

I put my QGJ + Yoda out of my arena team today. He's a 7* Gear 9 Yoda. I try a Dooku + Lumi instead.
  • GuardArminus
    137 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    edit: i know that posting petitions is against the forum rules and i'm ashamed i did this. please forgive me.
    Post edited by Alita on
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Yoda can shine as a Jedi leader, especially against heavily debuffing teams. If Sid stays so common in arena, you can be getting a lot of free turn meter. And if you encounter both Sid and Vader, you get a whole free turn... Also, team-wide foresight will never be a bad thing.

I ran Yoda lead for a while and I found it to be too situation, If your looking for a Jedi Turn meter lead Ahsoka's works much better because you gain turn meter more often and works functions against all teams. After trying both leaders out I played with QGJ lead. I found QGJ lead to be far batter as the speed helps against all teams constantly throughout every battle. Plus qith QGJ lead I can still take out one glass cannon (IG-88, Rey, QGJ ect) on the other team before they get a go.

Hope this helps ya out! @Nauros
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    And here i am sitting with a 7* eeth koth preparing for 7* yoda challenge to hear this.... Am i supposed to count myself lucky i havent poured more than the load of resources i already have into jedi JUST for the yoda challenge?
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    HIs specials at 7* lvl 73 full gear took a minor hit from the dozen or so fights I used him post patch... However his basic is the oddity... some times it still does the usual 3k or so damage (non-crit) but it consistently does 2k much more frequently than before... it was almost like having him back at 6* at lvl 70 again!

This is discounting any debuffs or buffs...... He was never a major hitter, but a more cc type character.. so you shouldn't really be using him for damage anyway
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    edit: i know that posting petitions is against the forum rules and i'm ashamed i did this. please forgive me.

Wrong thread maybe?
    Post edited by Alita on
  • Options
    And here i am sitting with a 7* eeth koth preparing for 7* yoda challenge to hear this.... Am i supposed to count myself lucky i havent poured more than the load of resources i already have into jedi JUST for the yoda challenge?

Even after the update I would say he is still just as important to farm if you want to run Jedi Squad. I'm actually having an easier time in Arena post update with Jedi, and Yoda sill has a lot of function going on. Sure he does less damage, but that balances out with longer fights because he hits more than anyone else other than maybe Dooku. Another thing is now the utility side of him is more viable due to the longer fights.
    He's less of an attacker now but still a very strong support character.

In regards to Eeth Koth, you should not be disappointing with your investment in him. He's another key factor for a end game Jedi team with the most reliable stun in the game and a direct counter to those droid/poggle/poe teams still floating in the top 20's.

If you decide to continue down the full on Jedi path you will be satisfied! I run QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth in arena and can take rank #1 in arena. Another great thing about going full Jedi is they are really good in GW with Barris/JC/Lum/Ahsoka for party heals options.

Hope this helps! @Boba_The_Fetter
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Megadeth3700
    1017 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

You think EA doesn't care about peoples here say.....you really need to read this post....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feedback#latest

@GuardArminus
    Post edited by Alita on
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Is yoda obtainable anymore?
  • JSnow54
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Is yoda obtainable anymore?

"Returning soon"
  • Options
    Because the thread for the petition will get closed as soon a moderator looks at it and EA doesnt care about what the people here say, buys people who never used their google account for anything but as a big surprise use their account the first time since the update is there and simply rate 5 Stars in the app stores, i want you to go here and connect to this petition on an external website:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ea-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-update

WE ALL NEED TO SUPPORT EACH OTHER NOW, SPREAD THE WORD, COPY THIS EVERYWHERE

You think EA doesn't care about peoples here say.....you really need to read this post....

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/28040/4-14-update-thank-you-for-your-feedback#latest

@GuardArminus

SOME people are upset? SOME like it?

They are deleting so much stuff here! So much feedback! Are you nuts?
  • Options
    Because the thread for the petition will get closed as soon a moderator looks at it and EA doesnt care about what the people here say, buys people who never used their google account for anything but as a big surprise use their account the first time since the update is there and simply rate 5 Stars in the app stores, i want you to go here and connect to this petition on an external website:

@GuardArminus

lol you humor me
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options

@GuardArminus

lol you humor me

He is saying exactly that. He is talking about some people saying this, some saying this.
    Well, if you think 90% of the peoples opinions are SOME, go back to school. Or try going for president, maybe you will be the next trump.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

@GuardArminus

They are only deleting things against TOS - like petitions. Stop spamming the forums. We get it - you don't like the update. Many of us do. Not everyone thinks like you do. Get over it - and yourself.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

@GuardArminus

They are only deleting things against TOS - like petitions. Stop spamming the forums. We get it - you don't like the update. Many of us do. Not everyone thinks like you do. Get over it - and yourself.

The fact that you did 2600 posts saying that you like it, and 2600 people make 1 post saying that they dont like it, doesnt make your voice count more than ours. You seem to be very narcisstic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@GuardArminus

The fact that you did 2600 posts saying that you like it, and 2600 people make 1 post saying that they dont like it, doesnt make your voice count more than ours. You seem to be very narcisstic.

Lol - go read some of my other posts - including the ones in this thread (hint: I DO think Yoda has been over-nerfed). But I am not nearly the "homer" you seem to be implying. There have been times Qeltar has had to tell me to stop being such a complainer.

I like the new update - you don't. You are free to express yourself, just not against the TOS. If you wish to have a discussion about why you don't like the new update, I would happy to explain the numerous reasons I do like it.

If you want to span the forums with things against TOS and that presume everyone here agrees with your opinion, take it somehwere else.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • morcsea
    164 posts Member
    Options
    Yoda is still very Viable. I still run my same F2P fell Jedi team and can still take top ranks after the update. To be honest it's actually gotten easier.

I run QGJ lead, Ahsoka, Yoda, Lum, Eeth

I ran a similar team but instead of Eeth was Dooku. Before the update my 7* Yoda was a beast. After the update he just does not cut it. I'm not using him anymore. I defeated a few teams with Yoda and I noticed his defense was terrible, easy target. So, I figured out the same thing happened with mine after the update.
  • Options

@GuardArminus

Lol - go read some of my other posts. I am not nearly the "homer" you seem to be implying. There have been time Qeltar has had to tell me to stop being such a complainer.

I like the new update - you don't. You are free to express yourself, just not against the TOS. If you wish to have a discussion about why you don't like the new update, I would happy to explain the numerous reasons I do like it.

If you want to span the forums with things against TOS and that presume everyone here agrees with your opinion, take it somehwere else.

Already done, people are signing an external petition - you seem to be very very very comfortable with the way of kissing their bottoms and making you a follower, or better said, a slave?

Question your own intentions my friend, why are you backstabbing your people? Are you **** because other people have more money to spend? If you are a spender, then tell me, did the update help you or did it decrease the power of your premium stuff? ;-)
  • Options
    I don't use yoda, but he is quite a nuisance to my team, the meta of dooku and qgj i can easily deal with now, but yoda keeps stealing my offense up and speed up off of IG88/poggle then giving it to the rest of the team, yesterday i was facing a yoda team and they all had 7 buffs each...