Pre craft= severe advantage (raid/guild update didn't fix but made it worse)

Replies

• CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Perfect solution would be how they handled the gear sell option if you guys remember. They stealth removed it with a patch, it backfired and immediately they reversed it and gave players an exfra WEEK to sell stuff before they would eventually remove it from the game.

Why cant they roll back the requirements to how it was pre update, give everyone a chance on equal terms to make use of it and then after a week/24h/48h or whatever time get's decided, they remove it again. Problem solved and on the bright side; it creates income if people binge buy energy. Win win for all and equality like it should be.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Perfect solution would be how they handled the gear sell option if you guys remember. They stealth removed it with a patch, it backfired and immediately they reversed it and gave players an exfra WEEK to sell stuff before they would eventually remove it from the game.

Why cant they roll back the requirements to how it was pre update, give everyone a chance on equal terms to make use of it and then after a week/24h/48h or whatever time get's decided, they remove it again. Problem solved and on the bright side; it creates income if people binge buy energy. Win win for all and equality like it should be.

Yes!! That's a perfect example and a great solution. I think everyone would be happy with that because it would provide the opportunity to level the playing field.
  • Options

Yes!! That's a perfect example and a great solution. I think everyone would be happy with that because it would provide the opportunity to level the playing field.

Agree. I'd farm those furnaces, grrrr!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

@EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera

I don't @ devs out a lot but I hope they get to read this at least. I'm still enjoying the update despite the health bar thing but this should really be considered.
  • Options
    I think we NON-Pre-Crafters earn a big compensation for this! Most Pre-Crafters are Pay2Win Players!

This game started good, but the newest Update(which nerfed the events lower than they where before the 4/15/2016 update) and the addition of those 50stack mats is just wrong!
    Healthbar Issue havent been fixed yet also.. It's starting to annoy me big time, and i'm a patient person!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    @Marika_Hase read my suggestion, we don't need to be compensated for everything imo that's insane.
    The compensating can stop, time to reroll it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29750/suggestion-for-precraft-issue#latest

#supporttopic
  • Options
    I think we NON-Pre-Crafters earn a big compensation for this! Most Pre-Crafters are Pay2Win Players!

If, as you suggest, paying guys pre-crafted, why on earth should CG compensate free to play guys who are not putting a penny into the game? All the more reason for CG to let things as they stand!

Let's stop this "I hate guys who pay" nonsense and focus on the problem and solutions.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    Royal Guard 6 star gear 8
    16k HP 10k proc
    Royal Guard gear 9
    19.5k hp 18.5k proc

QG at gear VIII 4.5k
    QG at gear IX 9k proc

Basicly double the protection between gear 8 and gear 9. I now feel bad for equipping mine

****! That's sexy.
  • Options
    @Marika_Hase read my suggestion, we don't need to be compensated for everything imo that's insane.
    The compensating can stop, time to reroll it.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/29750/suggestion-for-precraft-issue#latest

#supporttopic

I agree we don't need compensation
    Just getting rid of the 50 salvage requirement is enough for me
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    We need to keep this thread near the top!

It's insane that they don't just take out the new Materials we cannot get and other players didn't need in the past. Save it for the Level 90 update when there is actually a plan to implement them.

I would rather collect Materials from Guilds/Raids that we didn't need yet than be stuck now and not be able to be on the same level as others that pre-crafted.
  • Options
    Serya wrote: »
    We need to keep this thread near the top!

It's insane that they don't just take out the new Materials we cannot get and other players didn't need in the past. Save it for the Level 90 update when there is actually a plan to implement them.

I would rather collect Materials from Guilds/Raids that we didn't need yet than be stuck now and not be able to be on the same level as others that pre-crafted.

+1
  • Options
    I'm all for finding a road to solution, but rolling back like they did GW refresh change will not be the fix we're looking for. In that case we could have gained no benefit in the time between them implementing the change then reverting back for a period of time. In our current state we have been collecting hair dryers for more than 2 weeks in some cases. It's too late for that type of change.

It's not too late to change the gear piece required to be put on gear which is Lvl 77+ instead of the 73 furnace or 74 droid caller. This would prevent most ppl from being stuck at g8 and be stuck at g9 until raids are released. By that point the majority will be nearing or will have already reached 77 and guilds will be out. For those past that Lvl already they will now be able to advance past g9 into g10 and beyond as they will have completed raids/ gained the necessary Lvl to equip gear pieces.
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    Options
    Bump. Fix it. Don't wanna wait months to get on par with players who had insider info.
  • Options
    The other consideration should be for the players that don't plan on joining a guild or will be joining a guild that plays casually. They will be forever prevented from gearing up their toons.
  • Options
    My server has a lot of precrafted toons. Phasma for example, mine is 5467ish power and lvl 76 (highest on my server) and my allies have lvl 72 - 73 phasma with power between 5636 - 5800. I'm not complaining, but it is pretty darn unfair. I'm not saying that people should punished for precrafting. It's not like they knew what EA was planning and since they already had it, I don't blame them for equipping it.

I DO think that EA/CG should do something to even the playing field. Or if they can't even the field then they should compensate the people that are at a disadvantage.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Bump. Fix it. Don't wanna wait months to get on par with players who had insider info.

+1
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Has anyone tagged a developer in this?

Making this gear raid-exclusive isn't the answer. Everyone should be on the same page right now. No one should be at a disadvantage and have to play catch up with 50 extra pieces they added.
  • Options
    benetar22 wrote: »
    I don't have any problem with anyone that precrafted, you guys were smart.. It's up to the devs now to allow the rest of us to even the playing field

+1
  • Options
    Bump. Precrafted a couple items and agree that it's crap. Feel free to break them down, or remove the **** extra pieces of gear added so everyone can get back on the same page.

I get wanting to slow it down but it's so slow as it is that it's really unnecessary. Unless the raid drop rates are insane, which I highly doubt they will be, the gap will widen
  • Options
    Agree with all. This thread needs to stay on page 1 until the Devs fix it. I'm seeing Gear 9 RGs on my arena board and I have zero prayer of beating those teams. I like the idea of a temporary rollback to allow us to craft based on the old formulas.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Agree with all. This thread needs to stay on page 1 until the Devs fix it. I'm seeing Gear 9 RGs on my arena board and I have zero prayer of beating those teams. I like the idea of a temporary rollback to allow us to craft based on the old formulas.

Yeah arena I'll be getting pushed back now from everyone, seeing as I need this gear for poe and ig88
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    One important aspect why its unfair to those who could not pre-craft is, going to gear 9 from gear 8, gives you an extra bit of protection. Thus along with all the extra features of gear 9, you are handicapping guys for not fault of theirs, arena loss = crystal loss.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    As someone who precrafted 3 droid callers many months before the update (I do this to reserve gear for toons that I will allocate it to, so I don't accidentally use the components elsewhere), I am puzzled at EA/CG decision to block further crafting of these. Really the only solution is to allow these to be crafted again, as before. I used two of the callers and to be honest it doesn't make a huge difference, not unless I can move rest of my squad to gear 9. Still pretty unfair.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Zoh31
    78 posts Member
    Options
    I don't want this to leave front page
  • Arijit
    510 posts Member
    Options
    Lianara wrote: »
    As someone who precrafted 3 droid callers many months before the update (I do this to reserve gear for toons that I will allocate it to, so I don't accidentally use the components elsewhere), I am puzzled at EA/CG decision to block further crafting of these. Really the only solution is to allow these to be crafted again, as before. I used two of the callers and to be honest it doesn't make a huge difference, not unless I can move rest of my squad to gear 9. Still pretty unfair.

Get the caller to RG and see the huge difference.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    For peeps claiming precrafters doesn't make a difference, you can beat them anyway, how do you fare my chances are in this battle against #1? (ofc it's winnable, yet severely lopsided in advantage of the defender)RsuUw3r.jpg

I'd say your chances aren't very good.

@EA_Jesse, @CG_JohnSalera is everyone else going to get the opportunity to craft gear as some did before the added pieces or will we be handicapped in comparison for who knows how much longer with extra gear to farm?

I'm not sure how hard it would be to move the 'raid gear' to level 9 or 10 instead of 8, but I think that would make a lot of people happy.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There's already a precedence for this.

EA has already stated that the gear for the new cap was never intended to be known to the players. This was a mistake. So if you "precrafted" by chance, then w/e. But we were not supposed to know this information beforehand.

When an IOS exploit allowed some people to star up their Vaders, early, the devs gimped Vaders higher level stats/abilities. Then when a reasonable amount of people could have conceivably reached 6 or 7 star Vaders, they lifted this nerf.

They could simply limit the effect of the unobtainium until such time as anyone else is able to farm it. E.g., they could limit RG protection to 10.5K, until there's an active mission where you can obtain these IX space binocular salvage pieces.
  • Options

I vote for this. Maybe a 48-hour "event" where the requirements are rolled back? Personally, I'd spend tons of crystals/$. I still can't figure out why they even told everyone the gear requirements were going to change. That seems like a stupid move unless they *wanted* frantic crystal spending, and if that's what they wanted why not do it again?!

I just don't see how they can keep ignoring this. My server is a fight for #2. #1 pre-crafted enough to get 4 out of 5 characters to gear IX and no one has beaten him/her since. So that person is buying less crystals (getting #1 without any refreshes) and the rest of us are probably spending less on refreshes because we know we can't battle for #1. EA - it's hurting your bottom line!
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    There's already a precedence for this.

EA has already stated that the gear for the new cap was never intended to be known to the players. This was a mistake. So if you "precrafted" by chance, then w/e. But we were not supposed to know this information beforehand.

When an IOS exploit allowed some people to star up their Vaders, early, the devs gimped Vaders higher level stats/abilities. Then when a reasonable amount of people could have conceivably reached 6 or 7 star Vaders, they lifted this nerf.

They could simply limit the effect of the unobtainium until such time as anyone else is able to farm it. E.g., they could limit RG protection to 10.5K, until there's an active mission where you can obtain these IX space binocular salvage pieces.

Imo Vader and this are two completely different things cause Vader was cheating. This isn't cheating
    ...well, us players are cheated
  • Options
    I'm seeing there is a salvage option? Am I reading that right? If so, how can I get that going with literally hundreds of useless higher level gear pieces and very limited useful pieces. . .