Pre craft= severe advantage (raid/guild update didn't fix but made it worse)

Prev13456714
HurricaneTrooper
103 posts Member
edited May 2016
I just want to premise what I am about to comment on that I have never called for a nerf, or seen any issue in this game that causes a distinct advantage for certain players. (I accept there are whales) but this is unrelated.

1. Why did it ever become necessary to pre craft? If the gear requirements are made, why change it? To make the marathon farm an ultra marathon? Before the update there was an advantage for the players that had pre crafted the droid callers and furnaces but not to the degree that I would ever post a message asking for a reversal or reparations.

2. Now that the update has been put into effect and those gear pieces have been equipped, I see the canyon that has developed between the two classes of players. It has nothing to do with spending money, purely based on whether they "crafted" "gear" before fifty unobtainable pieces were added to the already tall order. I have seen other post with more in depth information that included exact numbers (which I don't have) but I will say that the difference is astounding. I feel as though this is the point where I must speak up with the many others that are asking/begging for a reversal or reparation.

3. My suggestion/ hope: that devs will see this issue as valid. If there is added value to the addition of those pieces please share.

remove the fifty unobtainable pieces so that we can craft the items that others already have

I hope this post is not in violation of any of the forum rules and policies, I simply wanted to add my voice to the concern as it is becoming increasingly difficult to compete with "pre crafters"
Post edited by HurricaneTrooper on

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Royal Guard 6 star gear 8
    16k HP 10k proc
    Royal Guard gear 9
    19.5k hp 18.5k proc

QG at gear VIII 4.5k
    QG at gear IX 9k proc

Basicly double the protection between gear 8 and gear 9. I now feel bad for equipping mine

• Options
    Yes and TBH i was expecting some of these in my inbox instead of challenge rewards.
  • Options
    Man. That is a huge difference. Thanks for posting. Maybe they will release the gear in am event or something, like the omega mats, to help level the playing field. And I don't even use RG (have him geared, just don't like him)
  • Options
    won't get any better until the lvl 90 cap raise unless they change the lvl requirement for the new gear pieces. Even if we can farm them from raids, they're unusable until lvl 81. 9b6b058d2a529c783692854d825e5780.png
  • Options
    +1000 and I pre crafted. Level 9 RG is hell.
  • Options
    I don't have any problem with anyone that precrafted, you guys were smart.. It's up to the devs now to allow the rest of us to even the playing field
  • Options
    Have to deal also with a gear 9 rg. You just can't bring him down anymore in a reasonable time.
  • Options
    won't get any better until the lvl 90 cap raise unless they change the lvl requirement for the new gear pieces. Even if we can farm them from raids, they're unusable until lvl 81. 9b6b058d2a529c783692854d825e5780.png

they're definitely changing that lol. No matter how many bad decisions they've made in the past, this would be the worst decision ever to keep that level requirement.
  • Options
    benetar22 wrote: »
    I don't have any problem with anyone that precrafted, you guys were smart.. It's up to the devs now to allow the rest of us to even the playing field
    I don't think anyone cheated or anything like that, it's just a poor decision by the devs, especially as it was only announced the day before so unless you happened to already have 100s of purple hair dryers you were screwed anyway haha
  • Options
    It also means I'm going to get everyone up to IX that I can.. I'm looking at you old Ben, if your leader stat ever gets fixed you'll be the man
  • Options
    It also means I'm going to get everyone up to IX that I can.. I'm looking at you old Ben, if your leader stat ever gets fixed you'll be the man

im debating between farming the eyeballs for him or stun guns for phasma. might go ben since he can actually get to gear 9 without precrafted gear
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I so called it lol

And you all told me I was crazy lol
  • Options
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    +1000 and I pre crafted. Level 9 RG is hell.

That's why I used my crafted arachnids to other chars. I can still take #1 and the rest of the players won't hate me for an eternity.
  • Options
    protection should be off star lvl not gear lvl. especially since theres so many people literally unable to reach certain gear levels that others can even with a long grind
  • Options
    Deadded wrote: »

they're definitely changing that lol. No matter how many bad decisions they've made in the past, this would be the worst decision ever to keep that level requirement.

I really hope so. If toons are stuck on gear 8 until lvl 90 it'd be beyond ridiculous
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

These aren't even the pieces currently blocking gear progression.

Please do your homework and double check the facts before making posts like this.

None of the raid pieces require 81+ to equip.

Every single character can hit Gear X at 80 with raid gear, some even XI
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    16k HP 10k proc
    Royal Guard gear 9
    19.5k hp 18.5k proc

QG at gear VIII 4.5k
    QG at gear IX 9k proc

Basicly double the protection between gear 8 and gear 9. I now feel bad for equipping mine

Can I ask where you get these numbers comparing HP at different gear levels? I haven't had any luck finding a table. Thanks!
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    Options
    On ly problem I had with the update, the absolutely broken gear exploit some people were able to do due to a severe oversight by the devs. Seriously needs fixing. I would guess that they would have rectified the problem already if they had a simple solution for it.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    't
    16k HP 10k proc
    Royal Guard gear 9
    19.5k hp 18.5k proc

QG at gear VIII 4.5k
    QG at gear IX 9k proc

Can I ask where you get these numbers comparing HP at different gear levels? I haven't had any luck finding a table. Thanks!

Out of my RG and the other ones I can see in arena. Swgoh . Gg is good for max stats. I don't know where interim stats are.

• Chewieforlife
    356 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Please do your homework and double check the facts before making posts like this.

you definitely need the Mk 9 neuro-sav Electobinoculars Salvage pictured on the right of that image to craft the mk 5 driod caller need for QGJ, Savage, Daka, etc to hit gear IX. same with the Mk 10 Holo lens salvage being need to craft the furnaces need by many characters
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

you definitely need the Mk 9 neuro-sav Electobinoculars Salvage pictured on the right of that image to craft the mk 5 driod caller need for QGJ, Savage, Daka, etc to hit gear IX. same with the Mk 10 Holo lens salvage being need to craft the furnaces need by many characters

You need the SALVAGE to craft those.

What you have pictured there is NOT the salvage.

http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/Mk-10-TaggeCo-Holo-Lens-Salvage
  • Options

You need the SALVAGE to craft those.

What you have pictured there is NOT the salvage.

http://www.star-wars-galaxy.com/gear/Mk-10-TaggeCo-Holo-Lens-Salvage

ah fair enough. thanks a little less bothered now.
  • Options
    't
    16k HP 10k proc
    Royal Guard gear 9
    19.5k hp 18.5k proc

QG at gear VIII 4.5k
    QG at gear IX 9k proc

Out of my RG and the other ones I can see in arena. Swgoh . Gg is good for max stats. I don't know where interim stats are.

Ok, thanks!

• Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Fair or not fair aside, it takes a full energy refill to get around 2 / 3 purple dryers, etc. the grind is real and pre crafters deserves a little, just a little credit for that to reach 50.
  • Options
    Wait a second. I am not even sure what the term "pre-crafted" means.
    Someone please explain. Thanks.
  • Simda
    151 posts Member
    Options
    Precrafters are those that farmed / hoarded purple items for them to reach gear level 9 after the level cap increases.

This gear requirement changed drastically one day before the update so those that did not farm earlier was left stranded.
  • Options
    Simda wrote: »
    Precrafters are those that farmed / hoarded purple items for them to reach gear level 9 after the level cap increases.

This gear requirement changed drastically one day before the update so those that did not farm earlier was left stranded.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I don't think anyone cheated or anything like that, it's just a poor decision by the devs, especially as it was only announced the day before so unless you happened to already have 100s of purple hair dryers you were screwed anyway haha

It wasn't mentioned 1 day before in regards to pre rafting, that update was mentioned 2 weeks before the update... Most people started pre crafting then already. & FYI, there were posts all over the forums in regards to pre crafting... If you didn't see it, that's your problem bud, do not expect the Devs to help you with something that had been mentioned with so much time to prepare.
    Simda wrote: »

False, it changed the day of the update. & once again, the forums & Reddit were a buzz with threads telling people to pre craft. You snooze, you lose.

Just like this "green initiative" iOS promotion, it's strictly iOS users that get it, is that also unfair?
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nope, not in violation of TOS at all. You have a well thought out premise and offer solutions to your dilemma.
    Thanks.

Edit: I merged these two threads together as they are related. :)
  • Options
    This issue has been beaten to death. It is what it is. I don't like it either but any advantage they have will be short lived and fixed when the next update comes out.