What to do about Royal Guard

12346Next

Replies

• scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Homish wrote: »

Tomorrow I'm going to swap out Lumi and put in Assaj (and giving her the lead)

She has a dispel - so it won't be all on QGJ to get rid of RG's taunt.
    She has an AoE - in the above (very common) scenario where I haven't quite killed opponents toon before RG taunts - I can maybe do so with the AoE.

She's very slow, but her as lead will make that tolerable (she gives Nightsisters speed)
    This will take away from my QGJ speed, but give speed to Daka.

If it even half works, Assaj will probably get some of my Omega mats next week.

This works. 2 Dispellers are better than one. With her speed as lead she goes right about the time RG will first taunt.

Typically RG is the last man standing when I fight him and he still has protection.
  • MirthYaywalker
    122 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    Lol just went against a team with RG, GS, Bariss, Sid and IG-88, I lost Han after I killed RG but got him back with Daka then finished off the fight with protection on 3 of my guys. RG is a joke.

I run Asajj, Han, Talia, Daka, and Initiate.

Was that gear 9 or gear 8 RG? Gear 8 7* RG is not or should not be a concern for anyone.

Top 10 what do you think? My Initiate is GL9 and way more of a beast than RG is, I can dispell RG just about every time he taunts, because of Asajj. In that last fight I just tapped Han's Taunt and I was able to take out RG before he was unstunned. Do you really think that with Asajj, as lead and daka, Talia and Initiate getting 3 turns per round is gonna lose?

If you have enough speed it can still be the Meta.

Its about TM control and having good speed and good damage.

Han
    speed 121

Han has a 25% chance to remove 30% TM from each enemy at the start of each of his turns. In addition Han has a 25% chance to remove 10% TM when ever he is damaged.

Han Taunts for 3 turns, and all other allies gain 30% TM, in addition all other allies gain 20% TM whenever han is damaged.

Asajj
    speed 114

Nightsister allies gain 28 sped and have a 25% chance to remove 10% TM when they damage an enemy.

Dispell all positive effects from all enemies and Asajj recovers 40% of her max health. For each effect dispelled this way Asajj recovers an additional 6% max health and has a 50% chance to remove 10% TM

Talia
    speed 138

Talia consumes 20% of her max health. Each Ally recovers 40% of their max health and gains 30% TM. Talia has a 40% chance to also Gain 25% TM. (next level gives a 15% bonus effect chance Requires new omega which I have plenty of)

Daka Is a stun machine.
    speed 174

Initiate has 23k HP's with 17k protection and has almost a guaranteed crit with her special.
    speed 140

If i put Acolyte in
    Speed 167

Everyone but Daka and Han have LS, with Talia's giving 100% of damage done back, and Asajj has an Aoe that LS everyone and fills her up from a sliver.

I think Daka speed with Assaj lead is 164 not 174.

Does Initiate buff immunity special prevent Royal Guard taunt activating? And if so, does the debuff apply reliably? On paper it looks a very effective 2 turn hard counter to his taunt
  • Options
    Ni applies unreliably no matter who you are after but i have her maxed at 8 so dont know how her performance changes. About 1/3 of the time
  • Options
    I just put out a QGJ lead Lumi Daka GS & RG against another RG team. It took almost all of the 5 mins but I beat that stinkin team. QGJ for assist & dispels. GS with assist & thump. Lumi & Daka healing all day & RG with the taunt.
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Does Initiate buff immunity special prevent Royal Guard taunt activating? And if so, does the debuff apply reliably? On paper it looks a very effective 2 turn hard counter to his taunt

I have never had it apply when needed. Only see it land when I hit auto with RG as last man standing.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    I read all these post on Rgs hp and protection seems most think that's his best asset along with the auto taunt. My opinion his stun is the best asset he brings to the table, having said that he's far from op he just has a great kit . Daka at moment in right set up rules arena. I have seen matches where 4 characters of mine were stunned at same time. Daka is not op either just need strategize insert yoda for tenacity up first move a must and hope enemy don't have any dispeller . Stormtrooper Han again just my opinion far better than RG turn meter for all when gets hit. Phasma lead Stormtrooper Han, Daka, yoda, QGJ team on my shard where killer whales swim is toughest comp to beat and I run Phasma lead RG geo Rey yoda. Level 80 will change Rgs dominance in arena just be patient until then quit begging for nerfs this game has seen far too many changes in 5 months of existence strategy and planning all is needed there will always be meta players if you nerf 1 only thing happens is another replaces it . Let's end the cycle of stupidity and play game the way it's designed if it's too hard for some maybe a different game is needed.
  • Options
    The real problem RG makes is not his auto taunting but the stun. It really hurts, dude. It's a hell of a pain in the ****. I dont really care about his auto taunting. There are lots of ways to deal with it....

Please EA, make RG's basic attack less powerful. You can change the stun ability with 50% chance to reduce 30% turn meter, for example.
  • Options
    I'd rather not have them nerf the stun...if they did I have no idea how I'd beat the tank challenge every week =\
  • Options

Says Who??

Asajj if played right is far better than QGJ

Uhh, no. Her potency is crap, QGJ's is not. I call **** on you being able to dispel RG "just about every time he taunts".
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Im gonna have to agree with the previous post. As someone who has played ventress lead since day one in arena i can tell you that falling from the 80's to 200+ overnight is not my favorite. Her ai is still bugged (healing unnecessarily) which makes her a target in arena. Whats up devs? Her dispel is crap 1/3 and they nerfed her aoe which btw wasnt stong enough to take out 50% toons before the update. I am encouraged by NI for sure but its very clear that everybody is way off target to say you can beat RG teams with dispellers...or speed:). Speed does help me see how lame my nightsisters damage more often:) m working on han now for some real protection.

Well this is coming from someone who runs an all NS maxed at level 74, NI has a few more items to max out GL 9, team with the exception of arena I put han in.

Ventress with Han is fast enough, to do plenty of damage especially since she gets her own 28 to speed.

Correction, I'm obviously horrible at math, Daka is 164.
  • Options
    Im gonna have to agree with the previous post. As someone who has played ventress lead since day one in arena i can tell you that falling from the 80's to 200+ overnight is not my favorite. Her ai is still bugged (healing unnecessarily) which makes her a target in arena. Whats up devs? Her dispel is crap 1/3 and they nerfed her aoe which btw wasnt stong enough to take out 50% toons before the update. I am encouraged by NI for sure but its very clear that everybody is way off target to say you can beat RG teams with dispellers...or speed:). Speed does help me see how lame my nightsisters damage more often:) m working on han now for some real protection.

Well this is coming from someone who runs an all NS maxed at level 74, NI has a few more items to max out GL 9, team with the exception of arena I put han in.

Ventress with Han is fast enough, to do plenty of damage especially since she gets her own 28 to speed.

Correction, I'm obviously horrible at math, Daka is 164.

Glad to hear the nightsisters are working well. Which ones did you prioritize to upgrade with the new update? Im thinking my omegas and first gear 9 should go to daka basic attack but im open to suggestions.
  • Options
    Build a team with RG and ST Han. Insert boss DPS and a healer that revives and stuns. #ThugLife
  • christopher152003
    381 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Glad to hear the nightsisters are working well. Which ones did you prioritize to upgrade with the new update? Im thinking my omegas and first gear 9 should go to daka basic attack but im open to suggestions.

I'm probably going to do the same, a 60% chance to stun is pretty awesome, the cooldown on rez is -1 too.

By the time I can upgrade someone, I'll probably mix my omega's around. I have 10 so far, and each skill for Daka is only 5 to upgrade atm.

Initiate is pretty awesome she gets, +15% damage on cut down so crits are gonna be about 1000 hp's harder, she also gets +15% on debuff.

Talia has Draining strike that gets +20% damage against enemies suffering a DoT.

Asajj gets 15% damage on all her attacks, so she would have about 800-1000 harder hits on crit.

Acolyte on a finishing blow gets 15% more TM gain.

Bonus for han he gets -1 to cooldown on taunt.

all have good options

• Options
    Those situations the only thing to be done is to try to take out Rey or IG86 before their health bar turns yellow, so a very high alpha attack like IG86's ADT or GS's Swarm attack. Otherwise have I someone dispel RG whenever his taunt comes up and hope I can kill their attackers on the next round.