Does there need to be a significant increase in drop rates or another way to acquire gear/shards

Replies

• Options
    Increase gear drop rates to 33% from the current 15-20%
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Yes, I don't know why they haven't done this already.
    Being ptp, I frequently have used refresh to get more energy & let me be honest. I've spent whole refreshes plenty of times & got 1 or no shards before. Similarly I've gotten five shards in a row(at best but only once). I've heard that drop rates are random but I have a legitimate question...
    If they are random then how do you explain why we so often get the "exact" same drops over & over again when the full scope of rewards displayed shows so much more? Plus if you go thru the character screen to find the shards, then that let's the game know you are questing for them.
    So is it on purpose when we get the "exact" same random drops over & over this way too also & only shard drops really are truly "random"?
    I've always felt if you do a refresh, the 1st reward you get should always be what you are after & all the rest be "truly" random. Even if a random generator is spitting out the exact same rewards randomly, it "is not" random to receive the exact same rewards over & over & only a few of what we need. We all know & accept this game is a grind. Please... Help drop rates & mix up random rewards, please.
  • Options
    I am currently farming JC and get 8 shards with two refreshes each day. Should be getting at least 10 so definitely under 33%.
  • BamBam
    280 posts Member
    Options
    No the drop rates are fine.
    Allowing everyone to get all the good stuff will make it that much harder to beat. Just keep your head high and hope your patience is greater than the other guys.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Argofett00 wrote: »
    Being ptp, I frequently have used refresh to get more energy & let me be honest. I've spent whole refreshes plenty of times & got 1 or no shards before. Similarly I've gotten five shards in a row(at best but only once). I've heard that drop rates are random but I have a legitimate question...
    If they are random then how do you explain why we so often get the "exact" same drops over & over again when the full scope of rewards displayed shows so much more? Plus if you go thru the character screen to find the shards, then that let's the game know you are questing for them.
    So is it on purpose when we get the "exact" same random drops over & over this way too also & only shard drops really are truly "random"?
    I've always felt if you do a refresh, the 1st reward you get should always be what you are after & all the rest be "truly" random. Even if a random generator is spitting out the exact same rewards randomly, it "is not" random to receive the exact same rewards over & over & only a few of what we need. We all know & accept this game is a grind. Please... Help drop rates & mix up random rewards, please.

+1 I do not feel it's random at all. It is very consistent. I am pulli 0-2 gear per refresh.
  • Options
    Simple answer: Raids incoming!
    Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Increase gear drop rates to 33% from the current 15-20%

Would certainly be a lot nicer eh @InternetSwag
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Simple answer: Raids incoming!

You guys keep saying this, it has absolutely no relevance to this post. The gear that we aren't able to find right now are the gear in guilds so,....
  • Options
    Yes. Too low. Guild stuff nonwithstanding.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse we have spoken.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

You basically asked people if they want free money. Are you surprised they said yes?
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Opusone wrote: »

You basically asked people if they want free money. Are you surprised they said yes?

No where in this post does it say, who wants free money? @Opusone. Do you know what the post is actually asking, my post is asking for a more reasonable/fair rate of items in return for your time and money. NOT FOR FREE MONEY. You're very dull to think that.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I see you like to use personal attacks when faced with an opposing view. You can buy additional gems to get mats/experience/etc., to speed things up. If you don't want to pay for what they charge for today, then you are essentially asking for free money. These forums are for discussions, let's keep personal attacks out. If you don't understand my point, by all means ask for clarification in a civilized manner
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I see you like to use personal attacks when faced with an opposing view. You can buy additional gems to get mats/experience/etc., to speed things up. If you don't want to pay for what they charge for today, then you are essentially asking for free money. These forums are for discussions, let's keep personal attacks out. If you don't understand my point, by all means ask for clarification in a civilized manner

I understand your point. the drop rate doesn't change whether you're spending money or not.
  • Crymsonkyng
    789 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I understand the frustration. Think gear drops are fairly bad for the requirements. Shard rates are mostly fine, even with bad runs. This coming from a guy who is averaging 26% drop rate for OB on two refreshes a day over five days
  • Options
    Anyone who disagrees is a complete fool, I'm sorry but it just doesn't make sense. Today for instance I used up 400+ Cantina energy and got 10 shards total. I'm sorry but for 300 crystals that's bogus. And I can't even count the amount of energy I've used for just little to no pieces of gear! Fix this asap!!
  • Options
    Really not fun going 1 for 9 on a hard node character or taking over a week with 2 energy refreshes a day to get 50 stun cuffs.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

I understand your point. the drop rate doesn't change whether you're spending money or not.

No, but as people want to get geared faster they can spend money, so this is a source of income fo CG. The end of the day they are here to make money. But, maybe if they were more balanced in their approach they would actually make more money? Maybe with such low drop rates people won't buy gems for the last push as it takes so long to get close. They should run an elasticity review to see.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    BamBam wrote: »
    Allowing everyone to get all the good stuff will make it that much harder to beat. Just keep your head high and hope your patience is greater than the other guys.

What's to beat...oh right Arena. Whoop de do don't care much about it. I like to gear up and play different lineups. The credit crunch and gear constraints limit you to about 7-8 characters to play. Which is crazy with all the toons in the game.
  • Argofett00
    197 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Free gems & free energy aside, many spend $ on gems(like me) & then use refreshes because free energy has already been spent. When we go questing for shards then, it is not looking for free $. We have spent $ just to have chances at trying to get what we are looking for. Its only free $ we are looking for if you are ftp & never buy gems. So drop rates being lousy technically becomes an expense. Just saying...
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    Options
    Yes the drop rates are quite frustrating. Yes I've done my share of complainIng about them.

No they don't need raised. This is a game driven by character selection and development. If the rates on drops (or credit payouts) were raised enough to please everyone pretty soon everyone would have every toon. And have every toon maxed.

The longevity of the game comes from the fact that there's always another character to build. There's always another team to play with. Without the grind the game would be over quickly. If they raised the drop rate they'd have to add a ton more toons, so there'd still be a lot of grinding to do.

What we need is more content. (hopefully guilds delivers on this in spades) more content adds more chance for gear. Which leads to a need for more toons to spend the gear on...
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

No, but as people want to get geared faster they can spend money, so this is a source of income fo CG. The end of the day they are here to make money. But, maybe if they were more balanced in their approach they would actually make more money? Maybe with such low drop rates people won't buy gems for the last push as it takes so long to get close. They should run an elasticity review to see.

I can almost guarantee with more return they would sell more! I have only been refreshing my energy for hard nodes and I refresh the hard nodes as well. If you were getting 4 gear per refresh I'd buy more crystals because you know you will fill slots.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Argofett00 wrote: »
    Free gems & free energy aside, many spend $ on gems(like me) & then use refreshes because free energy has already been spent. When we go questing for shards then, it is not looking for free $. We have spent $ just to have chances at trying to get what we are looking for. Its only free $ we are looking for if you are ftp & never buy gems. So drop rates being lousy technically becomes an expense. Just saying...

+1 man I feel your pain!
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options

I can almost guarantee with more return they would sell more! I have only been refreshing my energy for hard nodes and I refresh the hard nodes as well. If you were getting 4 gear per refresh I'd buy more crystals because you know you will fill slots.

I actually agree with you. I have spent a rediculous amount on this game and just stopped spending because I thought return on investment was poor. See, when we don't attack each other we can have a useful discussion. Have a great evening, and maybe the devs will look at return and make it more customer friendly!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Baggodi wrote: »
    Yes the drop rates are quite frustrating. Yes I've done my share of complainIng about them.

No they don't need raised. This is a game driven by character selection and development. If the rates on drops (or credit payouts) were raised enough to please everyone pretty soon everyone would have every toon. And have every toon maxed.

The longevity of the game comes from the fact that there's always another character to build. There's always another team to play with. Without the grind the game would be over quickly. If they raised the drop rate they'd have to add a ton more toons, so there'd still be a lot of grinding to do.

What we need is more content. (hopefully guilds delivers on this in spades) more content adds more chance for gear. Which leads to a need for more toons to spend the gear on...
    Baggodi wrote: »

Gear doesn't get you characters man. Increasing gear rates doesn't give you more arena, GW, Cantina currency or gems. It just helps advance your already unlocked toons.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

I actually agree with you. I have spent a rediculous amount on this game and just stopped spending because I thought return on investment was poor. See, when we don't attack each other we can have a useful discussion. Have a great evening, and maybe the devs will look at return and make it more customer friendly!

:) You too, thank you!
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    What is the point of better gear drops?

It won't make you better than the competition. So GW and arena difficulty would remain the same. At end game they would just add more gear levels as people
    Maxed toons so you don't complete the game any faster.

So what are we looking for with better drop rates. I think the drop rate is sufficient for me to feel accomplishment spending two weeks gearing someone to gear VIII. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it were easier.

I think there's an odd brain reward venter thing here that is well balanced. Id like a marginal increase but not a significant one. I also like that my good choices take longer for others to replicate.
  • Ezio
    20 posts Member
    Options
    I spent all the energy today and only received 2 shards :s
  • Options
    At least 50% is good
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    What is the point of better gear drops?

It won't make you better than the competition. So GW and arena difficulty would remain the same. At end game they would just add more gear levels as people
    Maxed toons so you don't complete the game any faster.

So what are we looking for with better drop rates. I think the drop rate is sufficient for me to feel accomplishment spending two weeks gearing someone to gear VIII. I'm not sure I'd feel the same if it were easier.

I think there's an odd brain reward venter thing here that is well balanced. Id like a marginal increase but not a significant one. I also like that my good choices take longer for others to replicate.

It should be increased to 33%. Why? Well because when you farm someone like let's say Nerfed useless Anakin to 7* in hard nodes and throw 150 stun cuffs, 100 hair dryers, 100 laptops, 60 drains 50 purple mats. 5 million credits. It is some **** to nerf him without notice. This is just an example for me to give you because this just happened to me. Do you even know how long it took to gear him? He was one of the biggest pigs to gear ever. This happened with other toons I have aka. Yoda QGJ. do please tell me why on earth I would feel satisfied farming gear for months to have my toons nerfed by being misled about the update. @Greg1920 sure it's nice to complete gear and I don't think it should be handed over to us, but when you pull something like this and expect us to keep pulling 0-2 max per refresh. It's absurd man.