Does there need to be a significant increase in drop rates or another way to acquire gear/shards

Replies

• LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    No the drop rates are fine.
    The game is supposed to last more than a month.

It's just how it is, though it has gotten easier recently, gear isn't a problem... Well... The obtainable ones... ****head devs.
    {RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I don't know why they haven't done this already.
    LaLiam wrote: »

It's just how it is, though it has gotten easier recently, gear isn't a problem... Well... The obtainable ones... ****head devs.

@LaLiam even at a rate of 33% you may finish gearing 2-3 guys a month. If you have 10 guys that need this gear it will take 3 months for this... By that time the cap has already increased and you're gearing again.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm not sure what game you're playing. My average full energy refresh drops 0-3 pieces of purple gear. It took me 4 days with multiple refreshes to get 50 stun cuffs for one gear slot.

That's ridiculous.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

I'm not sure what game you're playing. My average full energy refresh drops 0-3 pieces of purple gear. It took me 4 days with multiple refreshes to get 50 stun cuffs for one gear slot.

That's ridiculous.

LOL 4 days is actually a blessing It has taken me a week sometimes 2 to fill one slot brother! @LeoRavus
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »

That's ridiculous.

LOL 4 days is actually a blessing It has taken me a week sometimes 2 to fill one slot brother! @LeoRavus

Well I did do more refreshes than normal and wasn't using energy for much of anything else. But if I only did one refresh a day I'd still be farming that **** right now.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

That's ridiculous.

Well I did do more refreshes than normal and wasn't using energy for much of anything else. But if I only did one refresh a day I'd still be farming that **** right now.

Yeah it's god dang ridiculous and for some reason some of these people love it HAHAHAH
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options

@LaLiam even at a rate of 33% you may finish gearing 2-3 guys a month. If you have 10 guys that need this gear it will take 3 months for this... By that time the cap has already increased and you're gearing again.

I see where you are coming from, in the last few days i've now got about 8 that needs all sorts of gear, as well as levels (credits- now there's something we lack).

But if everyone could gear a toon to 8/9/10 in a week or 2, then we wouldn't have anything to do in the next month. It just means more people will have more viable toons sooner, which is great in the short term, but if this game wants to last a year+, gear is the only thing stopping people from advancing.

They should make a 33% drop rate for everything. Period. But increase it past this the game is just too easy.
    {RotE}
  • KickedazzZ
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    if u spent 30 cents a day for 2 refreshes you would be awash with purple gear. the timed crystal pack is a bargain and the folks at ea deserve to be paid.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

I see where you are coming from, in the last few days i've now got about 8 that needs all sorts of gear, as well as levels (credits- now there's something we lack).

But if everyone could gear a toon to 8/9/10 in a week or 2, then we wouldn't have anything to do in the next month. It just means more people will have more viable toons sooner, which is great in the short term, but if this game wants to last a year+, gear is the only thing stopping people from advancing.

They should make a 33% drop rate for everything. Period. But increase it past this the game is just too easy.

It wouldn't though it would deepen rosters. 33% drop rate when you literally need thousands of gear will still take months. By then the metas changed twice new characters are viable. It makes sense to do this because once toons are nerfed it's not as big a deal because the grind wasn't that bad. @KickedazzZ idk how you're able to have this name and I'm surprised it doesn't violate the terms. 30 cents a day will do nothing for you? Are you still in blue gear it sounds like it too me. I've spent tons of money on this game and I need thousands of gear so please explain your 30 cent per day trick.
  • Options
    Everyone could easily just have every character then, the game would become boring and players play-span would become way shorter. It would feel less rewarding
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone could easily just have every character then, the game would become boring and players play-span would become way shorter. It would feel less rewarding

Not at all having more toons would feel more rewarding? All FTP players are going to have the same characters regardless if the drop rates are garbage or good so this doesn't make sense really.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    But if everyone could gear a toon to 8/9/10 in a week or 2, then we wouldn't have anything to do in the next month.

How about start working on the next toon? I've been playing since early December and still have many, many that I can't get to because it's taking so long to get my main teams geared. I did have to pause and gear a few others to viable levels for challenges.

• Options
    the timed cystal for 21 days is roughly 30 cents per day. for 100 crystals.

50 crystals for the first 2 energy refreshes. that 240 energy-- more than enough chances to get purple gear. multiply that by 365 days and you will have enough.

not to mention the generosity of developers when they mess up.

if u need something faster, just pay for more crystals n u can do the 100 and 200 refreshes.

30 cents is less than a can of soda. cheap for what a great experience u get at SWGalaxyOfHeroes
  • Options
    I'm fine with the current drop rate for shards. If they sped up the rate at which we could acquire characters, they would have to introduce new characters at a quicker rate, and I'm worried that would lead to an imbalance in the game like we saw with the introduction of protection and it's impact on challenges. I'd rather they take time to fully test characters and develop new abilities before throwing more into the mix.

But the gear grind, man that is brutal. It's sucking the fun out of the game, I really hope the development team takes a look at the gear drop rates or provides more opportunities to acquire some of the critical gear pieces that everybody needs.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Not at all having more toons would feel more rewarding? All FTP players are going to have the same characters regardless if the drop rates are garbage or good so this doesn't make sense really.
    KickedazzZ wrote: »

50 crystals for the first 2 energy refreshes. that 240 energy-- more than enough chances to get purple gear. multiply that by 365 days and you will have enough.

if u need something faster, just pay for more crystals n u can do the 100 and 200 refreshes.

30 cents is less than a can of soda. cheap for what a great experience u get at SWGalaxyOfHeroes

I purchase it every time. Doesn't do much of anything but get me another 2 gear per day.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm fine with the current drop rate for shards. If they sped up the rate at which we could acquire characters, they would have to introduce new characters at a quicker rate, and I'm worried that would lead to an imbalance in the game like we saw with the introduction of protection and it's impact on challenges. I'd rather they take time to fully test characters and develop new abilities before throwing more into the mix.

But the gear grind, man that is brutal. It's sucking the fun out of the game, I really hope the development team takes a look at the gear drop rates or provides more opportunities to acquire some of the critical gear pieces that everybody needs.

A drain challenge is needed. Sure the purple balloons and the stun cuffs would be fine to grind if we didn't have to grind all these drains. I'm glad they added chewibab but it quite frankly just is not enough. We need the drains in challenges and not the mk 5 laptops anymore!
  • Options
    average of 2 per day. but over long term-- that's alot!

there is no time limit

u don't need to be top rank in arena.

theres no penalty if ur 1200 rank or below

its just digital bytes

so u can take your time

or just pay up if u want instant results.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    average of 2 per day. but over long term-- that's alot!

there is no time limit

u don't need to be top rank in arena.

theres no penalty if ur 1200 rank or below

its just digital bytes

so u can take your time

or just pay up if u want instant results.

Im not kidding about needing over 1000 so over time 2 a day is f all. Almost 2 years for 1000 gear at 2 per day hmmm sounds fair right? That's just right now wait until they release harder ones to acquire in the 100s. I don't even know what gear to grind anymore because it has gotten so overwhelming.
  • Options
    the starwars movies have been going on for 30 some years. so relatively a year is not that long
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    the starwars movies have been going on for 30 some years. so relatively a year is not that long

Yeah a year is a long time seeing as EA makes a new game for every professional sports league in America annually.
  • Options
    just think about how much enjoyment u will get from hitting sim button several thousand times. and the excitement when purple get shows up.

I enjoy it. that's one of the main reasons why I play.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    just think about how much enjoyment u will get from hitting sim button several thousand times. and the excitement when purple get shows up.

I enjoy it. that's one of the main reasons why I play.

It appears you're in the minority when it comes to that. I'd much rather use my energy for actual battles that have significance in game progression, but without the mandatory gear you can't win battles.

This game must be at least 90% gear farming.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    But if everyone could gear a toon to 8/9/10 in a week or 2, then we wouldn't have anything to do in the next month.

How about start working on the next toon? I've been playing since early December and still have many, many that I can't get to because it's taking so long to get my main teams geared. I did have to pause and gear a few others to viable levels for challenges.

I mean, I have about 20 viable toons at 5/6/7* and G7/8/9. But it's really only a problem if you start too many projects, correct- you can't get to G8 immediately. Biggs is still sitting at 7 because of his ridiculous purple requirement, so he's not completely ready for the protection meta.

Like I said, I have about 8 I'm working on and I have 16 Arena viable now, i feel that the gears rates increasing won't help. What will help is more credits, i need more of that.
    {RotE}
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

I mean, I have about 20 viable toons at 5/6/7* and G7/8/9. But it's really only a problem if you start too many projects, correct- you can't get to G8 immediately. Biggs is still sitting at 7 because of his ridiculous purple requirement, so he's not completely ready for the protection meta.

Like I said, I have about 8 I'm working on and I have 16 Arena viable now, i feel that the gears rates increasing won't help. What will help is more credits, i need more of that.

God no credits aren't the problem we have ample time In between levels for credits. I have 20 guys that are 73 or higher. 4 more that are 70-72
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options

Great experience? It can be fun but it has never been great. Grinding for gear is like pulling teeth and that is not a great experience. I have 8 characters atm that I am focusing on because between credits and **** gear requirements that is all you can keep up with. I have spent about $30 but the grind is no fun so doubt I will spend anymore.

You should never have to grind 50 freaking items for 1 piece of gear period! I will not spend to support this model as it is a lazy model and EA can do better.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Gankak wrote: »

Great experience? It can be fun but it has never been great. Grinding for gear is like pulling teeth and that is not a great experience. I have 8 characters atm that I am focusing on because between credits and **** gear requirements that is all you can keep up with. I have spent about $30 but the grind is no fun so doubt I will spend anymore.

You should never have to grind 50 freaking items for 1 piece of gear period! I will not spend to support this model as it is a lazy model and EA can do better.

Lazy model exactly!!!! @Gankak
  • Options

Increasing the rate players obtain characters will increase the time cycle players play the game. Devs want people to play longer and progress slower i.e. the recent update is evidence of that
  • Options
    No we don't need improved drop rates because they gave us exactly what we've been begging for for months.....something much better....shield bars that are not seperate additions to our characters health but in fact just taken FROM our characters existing health

Sarcasm
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I would love to see an increase in drop rates but I still play with the way they are.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Increasing the rate players obtain characters will increase the time cycle players play the game. Devs want people to play longer and progress slower i.e. the recent update is evidence of that

I've seen over 20 unreleased data mined toons. I'm sure 5-10 will be meta at some point and these are not even Canon characters. This game is very long term increasing the gear drop rates changes nothing but the grind and takes away the annoyance and frustartion that comes with this game. Increase drop rates=more return for your time and money=more income for them=happier consumers.