Does there need to be a significant increase in drop rates or another way to acquire gear/shards

1235Next

Replies

• Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, I don't know why they haven't done this already.
    scuba wrote: »
    I would love to see an increase in drop rates but I still play with the way they are.

Yes!
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Baldo wrote: »
    Everyone could easily just have every character then, the game would become boring and players play-span would become way shorter. It would feel less rewarding

Not at all having more toons would feel more rewarding? All FTP players are going to have the same characters regardless if the drop rates are garbage or good so this doesn't make sense really.

Increasing the rate players obtain characters will increase the time cycle players play the game. Devs want people to play longer and progress slower i.e. the recent update is evidence of that

If you're a brand new player that just downloaded this game. Imagine trying to catch up with these drop rates. It just cannot happen. @Boba_The_Fetter
  • Options
    Btw to those who say wait and see what guilds bring, if they do the guilds here like guilds are done elsewhere it will just be an elitest popularity contest where heavy spenders and elite players will get into the guilds and the rest of the players will be left out in the cold.
  • Options
    Btw to those who say wait and see what guilds bring, if they do the guilds here like guilds are done elsewhere it will just be an elitest popularity contest where heavy spenders and elite players will get into the guilds and the rest of the players will be left out in the cold.

My guild is awesome. Im f2p and i even just started over and they were cool with it.
  • Jit
    45 posts Member
    Options
    KickedazzZ wrote: »
    drop rate should be lowered!

gearing up is too easy as it is.

its the only way to seperate ftp vs p2p

@President_Scroob @Jit @Nitric @GOfish52 @Jjwong80 @Quicksilver @indyflip @Stephen_biggz239 is this guy serious?

He is correct. All the gear 1 gear drops so easy. Poor guy ... !
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    Jit wrote: »

@President_Scroob @Jit @Nitric @GOfish52 @Jjwong80 @Quicksilver @indyflip @Stephen_biggz239 is this guy serious?

He is correct. All the gear 1 gear drops so easy. Poor guy ... !

Lmao
  • Options
    No the drop rates are fine.
    This game isn't meant to be completed in a day. It rewards those who put in a lot of time, patience, and diligence.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    HunterXJD wrote: »
    This game isn't meant to be completed in a day. It rewards those who put in a lot of time, patience, and diligence.

Yeah @HunterXJD if you think 33% drop rate will make the game a one day completion you're completely delusional.
  • Options

Is this game gonna beat the 10 year anniversary of wow? Thats long term and patience. I doubt someone wants to spend years to get each toon up max with how theyll keep increasing
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Is this game gonna beat the 10 year anniversary of wow? Thats long term and patience. I doubt someone wants to spend years to get each toon up max with how theyll keep increasing

Lol exactly
  • Options
    We really do need increased drop rates. Atm a character is useless unless it's at least 6* gear 7-8.

Why the hell do I need to farm a character for 85% of its max before I can even use it?

Like right now I'm farming fives. He's more than a month away from being 7*.

In what universe is it fun to farm someone for a month + before they are even considered semi usable?

It's not fun.

And that's just the shards, gear is worse.

@InternetSwag WE DO it is becoming ridiculous man. I love when you farm a guy with these terrible drop rates. Complete him only to have him nerfed 2 weeks later :). That is GRATIFYING.

Agreed

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options
    It's not like we are asking for the opposite, a hairdryer with every pull. If you made it a little easier, you would make more money and people would be more reasonable when their toons were changed.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Options

Awww... @KickedazzZ you poor guy. F2p must have hurt your feelings. Is ok... don't you worry mama will make another server exclusive for p2p. Go drink your milk.
  • Options
    Drop rates for gear are terrible. If you are supposed to get drops at 33% and there are many possible gears to obtain in each node then I think when you select the piece of gear you are looking for on the character screen then you should get that piece of gear at 33%. I don't care about all the other gear that might be possible on that level. I want the gear I am after. If they want drop rates at 33% then I am perfectly fine with that. If shards run at 1 in 3 then make the piece of gear I am looking for 1 in 3, not 1 in 15 like I seem to be getting. That would make me happy.
  • Options
    better gear should be like gg shards.

harder to get so they are more valuable

afterall not everyone should be able to drive a Ferrari or Telsa with ludicrous speed.

SWGalaxyOfHeroes is like that Ferrari. an experience u cannot get anywhere else. no other game has star wars characters.

• Options
    Silly players, this is why EA asks you for all your money.
  • Options
    I voted no, but it's really a split decision. Shards are fine. But gear is not fun. Just a higher drop rate wont make it more fun, either there needs to be a gear shop, or give a node a chance to drop an additional piece of completely random gear (weighted towards the level of the node).
  • Options
    please ea. lower the rate so higher gears are more valued. as it is now, everyone has access to them.

there is no sense of exclusivity or uniqueness if EVERYONE has them.

• Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Context. Everyone who has gone before you went through the same slog. Every. One.

None of those efforts matter and you deserve to have it easier because...?
  • Options
    Mezmo wrote: »
    Context. Everyone who has gone before you went through the same slog. Every. One.

Many posts have been made since update saying the drop rates have lowered. If its true then why did it and why wasnt it fixed or explained?
  • Options

Many posts have been made since update saying the drop rates have lowered. If its true then why did it and why wasnt it fixed or explained?

There is no evidence that it was lowered and I haven't seen anything in my own experience to suggest that.

• Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

There is no evidence that it was lowered and I haven't seen anything in my own experience to suggest that.

Some people just cant see slightest changes idk
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

Who are you referring to exactly? I really hope it isnt me, because I have farmed 24 toons to Gear 8 or 9 so come back with some context.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    CatoMinor wrote: »
    Silly players, this is why EA asks you for all your money.

Exactly!
  • Options

As a species we are very bad with statistics when doing it subjectively, so I'm perfectly willing to admit I could be wrong. However, it's not in CG's interest to lower drop rates when they can just increase the # that is required, so I highly doubt they touched the drop rates.

However, it's likely that purple drop rates are (and always were) lower than blue (which were lower than yellow, etc). And most of thr gear that is farmed now is purple. So that could be what you see. But I dont see any change from purple hand cuffs before and after the level cap (for example).

• Options

As a species we are very bad with statistics when doing it subjectively, so I'm perfectly willing to admit I could be wrong. However, it's not in CG's interest to lower drop rates when they can just increase the # that is required, so I highly doubt they touched the drop rates.

However, it's likely that purple drop rates are (and always were) lower than blue (which were lower than yellow, etc). And most of thr gear that is farmed now is purple. So that could be what you see. But I dont see any change from purple hand cuffs before and after the level cap (for example).

True thoughts! And they possibly might have missed a coding error if there is something wrong.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options

You are right about your first sentence. The gear does need an increase though 33% guaranteed would be acceptable!
  • Options
    u don't understand
    if paying money does not have an advantage
    noone will pay

you will not have game

so be patient or pay.

• VeridianShakes
    1118 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I wish I could vote twice. Three refreshes. Two purple blastech things. It would be one thing if it was every now and then you have an "unlucky" day. But, honestly, most days are unlucky days. Face it.

When's the last time you had a day when you got a purple with every sim? Yeah, I've not ever had one of those either. Nor should we. We score 10-12 things we need with 50/50/100/100/100 refreshes and most of us probably feel like it was decent.

But it's not. Not at all. We've just been trained to take that dribbling pittance and be content.
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I could vote twice. Three refreshes. Two purple blastech things. It would be one thing if it was every now and then you have an "unlucky" day. But, honestly, most days are unlucky days. Face it.

When's the last time you had a day when you got a purple with every sim? Yeah, I've not ever had one of those either. Nor should we. We score 10-12 things we need with 50/50/100/100/100 refreshes and most of us probably feel like it was decent.

But it's not. Not at all. We've just been trained to take that dribbling pittance and be content.

+1