Fives needs to be fixed

Vs a team with no sustained stuns or heals... Fives wins 1v5

It's ****

Thank you.

Replies

• Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Why are you facing fives with a team with no stuns or heals?
  • Options
    Lol you lost a 5 v 1? I have to ask what team you're running...
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

Why is he the only character in the game that requires a specialized team to beat? and he will beat your whole team solo if you don't come with that
    Post edited by warmonkey1024 on
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »

Dooku(L), RG, GS, Rey, STHan

Fives beated me 1v5 all characters full health

Edit: RG was dead
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options
    Maybe if your team was all in the yellow, but Fives is fine the way he is. Just have to plan around who you're facing
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe if your team was all in the yellow, but Fives is fine the way he is. Just have to plan around who you're facing

Why do we have to plan against one character that can win 1v5, when no other characters can do anything of the sort
  • Corndog131
    313 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »

Why is he the only character in the game that requires a specialized team to beat? and he will beat your whole team solo if you don't come with that

The whole game is based on playing match-ups. If I face an all jedi team, I'll bring in my anti-jedi characters. If I face RG, Poe, or ST Han, then I bring in QGJ, If I face a droid team, I brink in a taunter. If I play a Fives team, I bring in a healer.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Corndog131 wrote: »

Why is he the only character in the game that requires a specialized team to beat? and he will beat your whole **** team solo if you don't come with that

The whole game is based on playing match-ups. If I face an all jedi team, I'll bring in my anti-jedi characters. If I face RG, Poe, or ST Han, then I bring in QGJ, If I face a droid team, I brink in a taunter. If I play a Fives team, I bring in a healer.

Ok, you're right.

Fives should be able to win 1v5 vs anyone as long as they don't specialize their team

But every other character in the game gets to maybe win 1v1 or 1v2 if they're extremely lucky
  • Options
    Haha I called this before it got started... Fives at level 76 is going to be hitting twice in his basic and he retaliates... There is going to be a lot of complaints... Haha.

I love myFives for the very reason posted.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    Haha I called this before it got started... Fives at level 76 is going to be hitting twice in his basic and he retaliates... There is going to be a lot of complaints... Haha.

Finally, a man who knows what he is talking about..

BTW at 76 Fives applies the speed down before the attack, so he double attacks EVERY basic attack

Broken as you can get...
  • Options

Why is he the only character in the game that requires a specialized team to beat? and he will beat your whole **** team solo if you don't come with that

+1

You wouldn't bring an all Jedi squad against a Dooku led team with Sid and Maul would you? Strategy and tactics.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

BTW at 76 Fives applies the speed down before the attack, so he double attacks EVERY basic attack
    Broken as you can get...

He really isn't a threat to a balanced team man.Bring a single healer or bring daka or something. He's slow and tanky.
  • Corndog131
    313 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Ok, you're right.
    Fives should be able to win 1v5 vs anyone as long as they don't specialize their team
    But every other character in the game gets to maybe win 1v1 or 1v2 if they're extremely lucky

Let me edit my original post - if I face Hauzer, I bring in Fives :smiley:
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    Tak wrote: »

BTW at 76 Fives applies the speed down before the attack, so he double attacks EVERY **** basic attack

Broken as you can get...

He really isn't a threat to a balanced team man.Bring a single healer or bring daka or something. He's slow and tanky.

Does he count for slow when he attacks you for 5k damage every time you attack him>
  • Options
    Start up the whaaaaabulance
  • Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Interesting reaction. Seriously dude, you might want to clean out the sand that's all up in your lady parts. And while you're at it, eat a snickers.

Post edited by Afista on
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Interesting reaction. Seriously dude, you might want to clean out the sand that's all up in your lady parts. And while you're at it, eat a snickers.

How is my OP a reaction to anything?

Post edited by Afista on
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    pnutbutter wrote: »
    Start up the whaaaaabulance

I already called the Amber Lamps

Pretty sure they're on their way
  • Sir_Whooty
    518 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [SNIP]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options
    While i do agree that may be he should get a small health or protection nerf, i feel that finally he fits in the tank role. He forces you to spend resources to control him during the fight or else you end up losin a 1v4, thats his way of protecting the glass cannons. For example, you could use your rg with the only purpose of keeping 5s stunned to nulify his impact on the match, but it would mean you are not stunning other toons.
    I like the role he is filling, and feel that this is how tanks should work, with "implicit taunts" if that makes any sense. I agree that he is a bit too strong right now though.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [SNIP]
    Post edited by Afista on
  • Options
    Fives can kill 3 full health chars by himself. I ran a 3v1 against him with Poggle, GS, 86 and he killed all three. He is a really tough char to kill. Hard to fight him with no healer.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    chuckwing wrote: »
    Fives can kill 3 full health chars by himself. I ran a 3v1 against him with Poggle, GS, 86 and he killed all three. He is a really tough char to kill. Hard to fight him with no healer.

Exactly.

Fives vs GS, 86, Poggle... FIVES wins

WAI
  • floods
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    [SNIP]

Only if he inflicts speed down in the first
    Post edited by Afista on
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    He does gods work against squishlord teams and teams with no utility.

He also has a lot of hard counters in both play style and in specific characters. I'd say he's good, but there are "better" general purpose characters.
  • Options
    Maybe you should get one?
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    Options
    medetec wrote: »

He also has a lot of hard counters in both play style and in specific characters. I'd say he's good, but there are "better" general purpose characters.

He hard counters everything except stun locking... and guess what, your RG is ded

So he kills your whole team
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Maybe you should get one?

I have Fives, I am apparently the only person man enough to talk about characters that need nerfs
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]1
    Post edited by Afista on
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Broken as you can get...

He will apply slow, it might need to be tweaked to apply it and wait till next turn to double strike. I think Fives with Phasma is a major tag team. Fives is so slow, the only thing going for him is he attacks back, and at 76 he will get to attack more times ... He has a weakness, he can be stunned easily.

My friend I am not endorsing a change to Fives by any stretch of the imagination he is probably he most well rounded even character in the game. He is what we were promised also slower characters will do slightly more damage. The only difference at 76 with Fives is instead of relying on turn meter manipulation and speed, he is rewarded with an additional attack for an ability he has to bestow slow on enemies. Fives isn't broken, he is pretty much finally coming into the top tier of characters.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »

Fight him at 76

There is no better character.

Fight Dooku(L) with RG, FIves and 2 dps, Rey, GS

This team is the best cause even if you kill everyone FIves will dead your whole team by himself