Fives

Replies

• Options
    At the very least they should do something about his basic attack. It has the opportunity to apply speed down before it checks for the double tap. This also makes weird counters on assisted attacks. I've not seen one case where he doesn't double tap, on the counter, the assist caller without speed down.

Clearly not what was intended.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    At the very least they should do something about his basic attack. It has the opportunity to apply speed down before it checks for the double tap. This also makes weird counters on assisted attacks. I've not seen one case where he doesn't double tap, on the counter, the assist caller without speed down.

Clearly not what was intended.

Yep, at level 76 Fives will literally win 1v5 vs almost any team

Broken...

Also, don't expect devs to care to fix it

RG Still taunts through stuns and ability blocks, and stuns through evade... Devs know about this 100% and have not fixed, and RG is the 2nd most OP/Broken character in the game
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    Fives took out 5.

Ugnaught can do it
    Guild - Darkside Knights
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Hauzer wrote: »
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    You guys don't seem to realize...

Fives will literally kill your whole team 1v5, unless you can stunlock him or have some kind of GW type crazy healing team that nobody uses in Arena because it's garbage... And guess what, your stunner is most likely RG who will be dead by the time you can eff with Fives, Daka is pretty much your other options, also probably dead

Why wouldn't you run a crazy heal GW team to overcome a fives arena team. Then swap them out to something else your next battle. If it can beat the fives teams it's obviously not garbage.

It sounds like you are saying I can beat it with my preferred team therefore garbage. Until there are more fives then dookus, QGs and RGs then why should we talk about him. It's sounds like, just like Anakin, is bringing balance to the force. Just not in the way you like it.

You're right... Fives being able to win 1v5 against almost anyone in the game is balance

You figured it all out, thanks

Your exaggerating the ability, your comparing gear viii vs gear IX, your comparing Omega to non omega.

• Options
    It's not ridiculous.

Fives has zero impact early in the match. It's effectively 5 v 4 to start. So if he has zero impact to begin why shouldn't he have more impact at the end.

That he is a counter to high damage low HP, no heal teams is a good thing.

For the love of God, thank you. Finally someone with their head on straight...
  • Options
    @Hauzer

Dooku
    Daka
    Royal Guard
    Asajj
    ST Han
    Luminara
    Barriss
    Ima Gun Di

All of those are easy counters to Fives and viable in PVP. Stop whining and start farming. Someone close this useless thread already.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    @Hauzer

Dooku
    Daka
    Royal Guard
    Asajj
    ST Han
    Luminara
    Barriss
    Ima Gun Di

All of those are easy counters to Fives and viable in PVP. Stop whining and start farming. Someone close this useless thread already.

No! It's McDonald's and "I'm lovin' it"!
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    9r33d0 wrote: »
    @Hauzer

Dooku
    Daka
    Royal Guard
    Asajj
    ST Han
    Luminara
    Barriss
    Ima Gun Di

No! It's McDonald's and "I'm lovin' it"!

BTW, we are serving breakfast all day.

Want pankakes covered with sugar and a little Eggabetis in the PM, no problem

I'm Lovin' it!

PS: Fives is op
  • Options
    Fives is a solid character, but far from OP. I love seeing him on defense.

Dooku, Daka, RG all have chance to stun. Use them.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    In all seriousness. I bet we run into a lot more rediculousness before lvl 80 and gear 9+ godness. I'm looking at you HK47 and Geo (50% tm on crit)!
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fives is a solid character, but far from OP. I love seeing him on defense.

Dooku, Daka, RG all have chance to stun. Use them.

Dooku's stun is weak af unless against Jedi

RG is dead by the time you touch Fives, unless you fight him first while the other 4 kill your team

So, Daka, the only counter to Fives... or he rapes your whole team by himself, which gives him his name I guess
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Llewella
    400 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Five was the first hero I 7* back in December. I hate to even respond to the op with all his qq but he's full of it and have to call him on it. There no way 5s beats dooku, Rey, Gs, and Han. Unless they were all in the red to began with or they were under leveled/geared.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • BobAFeet
    147 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fives is not over powered... If anyone is, it's QGJ. I thought they were going to make faster toons less powerful? Every arena team has him and GS for a reason (annoyingly). Focus the nerfing on those two fast guys with double attacks... They are way OP.

Fives can be handled... Just needs strategy. Don't leave him for last- use your specialty attacks for him and stun when you can.
  • Hauzer
    147 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    BobAFeet wrote: »
    Fives is not over powered... If anyone is, it's QGJ. I thought they were going to make faster toons less powerful? Every arena team has him and GS for a reason (annoyingly). Focus the nerfing on those two fast guys with double attacks... They are way OP.

Fives can be handled... Just needs strategy. Don't leave him for last- use your specialty attacks for him and stun when you can.

QGJ got his damage nerfed by like 20% overall, so you clearly don't know what you're talking about

Fives is by far the most OP character in the game right now, even among Rey, GS, RG.. and he is 100x more OP than any of them

He will definitely kill your whole team by himself, hence the name "Fives"
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    What is your definition of over powered?

Mine is no available counters so you have to mirror in order to beat the team. The only true OP character was Poe and that was more how speed was handled then kit.

GS - no
    RG - no
    QG - no
    Dooku - no
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    136143117646.jpg
  • Options
    I see a lot of responses saying he isn't very good, which I find odd. He is very, very good. OP has its own little meaning to everyone and we're not all gonna agree on that.

We are speaking of a very specific, gear 9, level 76+, basic attack Omega leveled. That Fives is good and he can put the hurt on more than a few level 75 gear 8 non-omega'ed characters. I'm not trying to get anyone nerfed, but don't counter this guy's nerf cry with silliness like Fives isn't that good.

And the timing on his check for a character having speed down is done AFTER he gets to try to apply it, i.e. if you didn't resist it you get double tapped. This may be how they want it but it's not as it's worded.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Calling Fives the most OP character when 90% (guess) of people in the top 200 are Dooku leads, lol.

Stop this 1v5 when all are in the green. If that's the case I should be #1 right now.
  • M9silent
    821 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I agree. Fives is insane once maxed and abilities upgraded. He 4v1 me. My Lumi got targeted by the AI earlier and wiped out of the match. Fives countered and double attacked every move I made. Assist attacks just means he blasts both of the heroes that turn instead of just one. He has huge health and protection, and take forever to kill. His damage may not be rey level per attack, but when he counters every time and double attacks every time with his life pool, it is just too much. I imagine even with my Lumi still love he would wipe the floor with my team.

I don't know if it was bad RNG (the AI smashed my Lumi) or just an OP hero but it was insane. Or maybe my team should just be RG, Fives, Savage, Old Ben or other tanks. But then, how do I kill anything?

Edit: It was my first encounter with the new and improved omega mat and geared up Fives. Wow. Just wow is all I can say.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Calling Fives the most OP character when 90% (guess) of people in the top 200 are Dooku leads, lol.

Stop this 1v5 when all are in the green. If that's the case I should be #1 right now.

5's lead blows! Btw what lvls are those top 200. Under 76?
  • Options
    Dooku can do the same at the beginning of a match. Paired with Phasma and an assist caller, I fought Dooku tonight and he had 12 attacks in the time it took my entire team to take it's first round. Sorry that OP had a rough fight against Fives, but I agree that it means a strategy change is needed on his part. That is all anyone ever says to complaints about Dooku, so live and learn.
  • Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Corndog131 wrote: »
    Why are you facing fives with a team with no stuns or heals?

Why is he the only character in the game that requires a specialized team to beat? and he will beat your whole **** team solo if you don't come with that

The whole game is based on playing match-ups. If I face an all jedi team, I'll bring in my anti-jedi characters. If I face RG, Poe, or ST Han, then I bring in QGJ, If I face a droid team, I brink in a taunter. If I play a Fives team, I bring in a healer.

+1

You wouldn't bring an all Jedi squad against a Dooku led team with Sid and Maul would you? Strategy and tactics.

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes - Where strategy and tactics means never bringing in the Jedi to take on the Sith!
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    @Hauzer I run a Lvl 77 Clone team with a maxed and omega'd Fives...I have yet to see the power out of him you claim. Any well-prepared team in in the hands of a smart player can take me down on offense.

You just have to know how to handle or counter Fives to win. If you know stuns and heals and foresight are his weak points, why do you not adjust your team to fight him? You need to do so, or just accept that your team WILL have a hard counter in Fives. His strength isn't 'OP' it just his style forces you to think and play differently. Sounds like you are trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

Sounds like you want to min-max your team to beat a certain team composition and in doing so it leaves you vulnerable to Fives. And because you make this conscious decision not to prepare for Fives, he's OP?

It's like if I choose not to account for fighting Dooku-led team, then I pick a fight with a Dooku-led team, and that team steamrolls me because I was unprepared to fight Dooku, that makes Dooku OP and in need of nerfs? I don't think so. I really fail to see your logic here.
  • Options
    @Hauzer I run a Lvl 77 Clone team with a maxed and omega'd Fives...I have yet to see the power out of him you claim. Any well-prepared team in in the hands of a smart player can take me down on offense.

You just have to know how to handle or counter Fives to win. If you know stuns and heals and foresight are his weak points, why do you not adjust your team to fight him? You need to do so, or just accept that your team WILL have a hard counter in Fives. His strength isn't 'OP' it just his style forces you to think and play differently. Sounds like you are trying to hammer a square peg into a round hole.

Sounds like you want to min-max your team to beat a certain team composition and in doing so it leaves you vulnerable to Fives. And because you make this conscious decision not to prepare for Fives, he's OP?

It's like if I choose not to account for fighting Dooku-led team, then I pick a fight with a Dooku-led team, and that team steamrolls me because I was unprepared to fight Dooku, that makes Dooku OP and in need of nerfs? I don't think so. I really fail to see your logic here.

+66
  • Options
    Sir_Whooty wrote: »
    Lol you lost a 5 v 1? I have to ask what team you're running...

Dooku(L), RG, GS, Rey, STHan

Fives beated me 1v5 all characters full health

Edit: RG was dead
    [Moderator Note: Edited per our Community Guidelines]

Is this Hauzer from my shard? Is my fives causing you grief? Sorry. Been experimenting with a few things lol

• Options
    Let's stop feeding the troll.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    5092-high-five-ghost.jpg
    Guys I'm not that good!

• Options
    Let's stop feeding the troll.

No, seriously. There's totally a Hauzer on my shard that runs a Dooku team lol. Well I just checked and it's an Old Ben team ATM. But still! I took 1st tonight with a Fives on the team. Been bumped to fifth. Far as I knew I was the only one experimenting with Fives in the top ten.
  • Options
    I don't think there's anything wrong with fives yes he has good health but he's not going to blow you away in no time
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Fives absolutely can be obnoxious to go up against. High health, calls assists, counterattacks, and debuffs. Where's the weakness? Of course the main solution for him is stunning, but then again that's true of...every other character in the game. Fives has no unique hard counters (unlike, say, RG and dispels) and is himself a counter to, uh, pretty much everyone.

IMO the combination of counterattacking and high health is a bad one. People don't not attack Fives early because he sucks (ala Old Ben), they leave him alone because the counterattack will murder you early on and it's often better to go after a squishier toon first to get one out of the way early. The problem, of course, is that leaving Fives til last can also be a bad strategy, because by then your toons will likely be hurting and his counterattacking can wipe out multiple people.

Compare Fives to Oppress - the latter is also a toon I generally leave for last (or nearly last). Same high health but no assist calling, no counterattacking, and so-so debuffing. He does get the big damage buff when you hit him, but that's dispellable and much more easily controlled. If you have a low-health toon who doesn't have any non-attacking abilities off cooldown (like a heal or buff), you have no choice but to hit Fives and lose your toon. Oppress I find pretty well-balanced; Fives I don't.

Tanks are balanced because they don't do much damage, but can control the battle and take a long time to kill. Healers are balanced because they also don't do much damage (though Lumi is pretty good) but can prevent others from dying. Glass cannon DPS are balanced because they will punish you if left alive, but die easily.

Fives falls into none of those categories. He is a tank and ignoreable...right up until the point you start attacking him. Then he instantly turns into a high-DPS, high-health toon. Where is the balance in that?

I think it's fine leaving him as a tankier DPS, but his damage needs a significant nerf. The easiest solution would simply be to make his counterattack only function below 50% health. Alternatively his abilities could be left the same but have his health nerfed, but I think that would make him too similar to other toons.