Guild Reward System MEGATHREAD - An Essay on Raiding and its Rewards

Replies

• Options
    we're coming up with ways to even out the daily activity rewards (eg 24 GW battles each maximum for that day), but there is no way to level out the rancor rewards. It's disheartening for some in the guild
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    we're coming up with ways to even out the daily activity rewards (eg 24 GW battles each maximum for that day), but there is no way to level out the rancor rewards. It's disheartening for some in the guild

Certain days - GW, Challeneges and Arena - will be easy to balance and have everyone "tie" (for the most part). Other days, I'm fine with people getting more currency for banking energy better or buying more refreshes.

It's the raid rewards that need to be fixed. And soon.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Basically the only way CG/EA change things is when there apps ratings drop dematically at the stores,
    I am Sorry to say the response history is like 1 per 500 post if not more, then mostly vague at best..
    I too wish for a better game for all n $$ for EA to continue, but see this loosing more players in about a months time, when ppl start to get feed up with the feeling of getting shafted..
    Quote of the Day "Put that
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Baldo
    2863 posts Member
    Options
    It really doesn't make any sense to anyone in my guild either. We're all very disappointed. Great post OP!
  • Zemyn
    106 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. This.
  • Options
    Agreed, the reward system for the rancor is extremely disappointing. I sincerely hope this gets fixed as it's the OPPOSITE motivation for a guild
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Great post. All the devs have to do is read some of the posts on the forums. There have been numerous ideas about a guild raid rewards system that are all better than the one that was implemented. Just pick one.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Great post and thanks for taking the time making the write up.
  • Diraan
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic post and quite an accurate description of exactly what is going to happen. Guilds should primarily be about teamwork and friendly competition second.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Kingken85
    410 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    +2 anyone know if they've made a statement about any of this?
    **Officer in the Synėrgy Guild**
  • Options
    The reward system sucks, be for leaders it also doesn't bring many benefits or tools to help the guild. We can't even mail all members of the guild. We should also be able to donate currency?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Kingken85 wrote: »
    +2 anyone know if they've made a statement about any of this?

They have not. They haven't posted in this or any of the other threads regarding Raid Rewards.

The silence is deafening...and sadly expected.

• Options
    Excellent post OP
  • Bones
    456 posts Member
    Options
    People who pre crafted gear will get the most damage in raids, which will give them more gear, leaving everybody in your guild in the dust, while they continue to get the top spots everytime there is a raid. Good job CG, Lets make enemies out of everyone, even guild mates. makes 100% sense.
  • Options
    Anyone knows if devs or someone there unlearn who to write? Its so difficult to come here and say.. hi everyone.. we are discussing here the bad ideia that we had about making you all fight against members from same guild to get some joke rewards...
  • Options
    Luizinho wrote: »
    Anyone knows if devs or someone there unlearn who to write? Its so difficult to come here and say.. hi everyone.. we are discussing here the bad ideia that we had about making you all fight against members from same guild to get some joke rewards...

With so many people in the forums voting on the poll and posting and bumping this post, you'd think someone would have said something.
  • Mezmo
    117 posts Member
    Options
    Absolutely.

The best part of guilds at their best is fostering loyalty and teamwork.

The way these clowns have implemented it, it incentivizes the opposite.

Simple but fundamental.
  • Options
    well maybe

With so many people in the forums voting on the poll and posting and bumping this post, you'd think someone would have said something.

well.. maybe there is some crazy one there that thinks.. ohhh lets make reward same from everyone.. and dont make then fight eachother!!!!
    There is always black sheep
  • Options
    well maybe

well.. maybe there is some crazy one there that thinks.. ohhh lets make reward same from everyone.. and dont make then fight eachother!!!!
    There is always black sheep

Haha we can only hope, is feel better if some sort of statement was issued. Like hey we hear you guys but sorry it's staying the same or hey our bad here's 500 crystals and everyone that reaches the goals gets the same payout. Anything heck is take a "shutup".
  • Options
    This is a pretty major post in the General Section and I'm surprised nobody from EA or CG has issued a response as to if they are working on addressing these issues @Naecabon stated along with other insightful posts after his adding more information. EA/CG really need to get on top of this quickly and adjust the parameters of the way this feature is working to make it more team oriented and fair to all players.

This is what is needed in a nutshell....
    • Rewards need to be more evenly distributed since Guilds are teammates
    • Individual player items such as Gear, Ability Mats and other need to be accessible to all players, guild or not. Having these higher level gear items only accessible by Guild members only is game ending for many.
    • The daily credits needed to start Raids or other Guild-based activities need to be lowered so that all players free and pay can be involved. Many players may not be able to make these ridiculous numbers in order to even play. If EA/CG were going to do this, why have free players at all join the game, waste time for months only to be stopped out now??

Hey @Naecabon , have you received any contact from EA or CG regarding this post or have any of your members heard any information on whether changes are being discussed??
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    This is a pretty major post in the General Section and I'm surprised nobody from EA or CG has issued a response as to if they are working on addressing these issues @Naecabon stated along with other insightful posts after his adding more information. EA/CG really need to get on top of this quickly and adjust the parameters of the way this feature is working to make it more team oriented and fair to all players.

This is what is needed in a nutshell....
    • Rewards need to be more evenly distributed since Guilds are teammates
    • Individual player items such as Gear, Ability Mats and other need to be accessible to all players, guild or not. Having these higher level gear items only accessible by Guild members only is game ending for many.
    • The daily credits needed to start Raids or other Guild-based activities need to be lowered so that all players free and pay can be involved. Many players may not be able to make these ridiculous numbers in order to even play. If EA/CG were going to do this, why have free players at all join the game, waste time for months only to be stopped out now??

Hey @Naecabon , have you received any contact from EA or CG regarding this post or have any of your members heard any information on whether changes are being discussed??

I don't agree with the need to change the cost to start raids. I think the cost is fine. 600 max energy a day is an easy feat for any player, at any pay grade.

And no no one has contacted me about this at all.
  • Options
    As a ftp, cg was friendly to us by capping guild coins at 600. I can easily hit that target everyday and still bank crystals.
  • Options
    Let's not get the major point about rewards muddied with other gripes plz! The biggest problem that everyone universally agrees on is that tiered rewards are bad for team based raids - let's keep the focus on that and other issues can be discussed in other threads.
  • Canner23
    57 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Do you think we should get more rewards for what we do?
  • Options
    Didn't know what the OP was talking about but now I see what he means... I already see two members in our guild getting 1st and 2nd in every raid we do as long as they participate... So like this on the Tier 1 Ranco..T1-06 has a SLIGHT chance of fully crafted gear...Where 1st - 3rd get 2 boxes with BEST and Great chance for fully crafted gear...

RVFVX4q.png
  • Options
    Perhaps ewe should wait until we see finished raids to decide this
  • Options
    There simply should not be intra-guild competitive boards like this. Guild vs. Guild... sure. But, it's VERY bad to pit guild members against each other. Guilds tend to have enough drama already.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe let's find out what and how much of it they are?
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Guys, I think the devs know what they are doing. This is just like raiding in every other game ever. Not everyone in the raid group gets rewards every event. I for one am happy they added a gate to guild currency so not everyone has the gear and is bored after a few weeks. It's just like needing to farm 50 purple hairdryers. Just take turns with your fellow guildies taking the top spot, slow down, and enjoy the ride. You don't need to have everything immediately.

Name one MMO that forces people to compete against their own guild members for rank on and rewards the best loot based on a DPS meter. Just one. I've played nearly every AAA title since SWG and none of them had anything remotely resembling this.

A dps meter is easy to control. Have you never played a raid in which you need to slow dps? It is very easy to say let X player do the most damage because it is their turn for loot if every player is comparable.

Players have competed against each other for loot in every mmo ever. It's called DKP.

People worried about guildies sniping their loot are hilarious. Just don't play with Aholes and you'll be fine. :)

DKP isn't remotely the same thing. Not close. I've raided with the best of them under various guild regulated loot distribution methods and none of them are like this. DKP at best compares to an auction on who is willing to spend the most DKP which is earned through participation.

And the DPS meters simply exist to determine whether or not someone is performing to expected standards. This also applies to tanks when determining damage received and for healers with HPS. I've never seen those meters play a factor in determining who gets loot. That would be the most asinine loot management by a guild ever.

So you're telling me it is impossible to use a loot distribution system to spread the crates out and then manage damage done to insure the designated people get said gear for each raid? This is an easy system to game.

It sounds like you have less of a problem with damage done as a metric for handling loot and more of a problem not getting all the loot. This is the millennial participation ribbon problem. It's a gate. There are other item gates in the game. There will be more down the road to make money. Adapt or move along. :)

If that's what you got from what I said then you must suffer from the same syndrome that you labeled me with in that tired old accusation, by suffering from an inability to comprehend what you're reading and coherently responding with on on topic reply. If you're done with cute insults I can be too.

The conversation was one where I simply said that no other MMO has a loot distribution system that pits members of the same guild against themselves. I asked you to find one that did. You failed to do so. You then tried telling me DKP did, maybe hoping I'd never been a member of a guild that utilized such a system in order to play on ignorance.You were wrong. End of story.

Plenty of other MOBAs have managed to implement guilds and reward systems that accomplish both the incentive to spend as well as cooperative gameplay within guilds. I'm not sure how you apparently came to the conclusion that both this game can't accomplish the same or that I have some aversion to spending.

You asked for a game in which guild members compete for items. I presented DKP. A system in which you bid against other guild mates to both obtain loot, and also to diminish their stockpile of DKP. If you disagree that qualifies then that's fine, but that is just your opinion. You are allowed your opinion, I am allowed mine.

If you took what I said as an insult, well I don't know what to say about that one besides wow. :) Not only did I not insult you, but I never mentioned spending, or your spending habits. Never crossed my mind to use DKP as some nefarious trick on you. Also MOBAs? You are so far off the rails with this I think I'm going to stop responding now. Enjoy your SWGOH experience!

He's way too overly sensitive.