13Next

Replies

• JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    rotam wrote: »
    213e5c.jpg

thats rank #1 in my server, i guess that TP is 7*, but dunno, anyway thats very high hp, that team is almost untouchable. As you can see he started attacking with the tie pilot, its bar already refilled and in less than 10 seconds I lost my 7* JC.
    So, definitely, this game is pay to win

That's a 7* character. He gets a sizable boost in health from 6-7* promotion. He's still a slow toon - he does one thing - damage. He has no AOE, he has no effects - he has no leader skill. You HAVE to put damage down on him though. Also...please consider my post above about him having 6/8 more gears on him now than other toons - he's more advanced than most in his progression and his gear on 8 is huge.

There are for sure ways to beat that team in the pic. The squad config mentioned in the thread below will beat that.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/3734/i-met-a-terrible-formation-in-galaxy-war#latest

This what a maxed out 7* team looks like. Look at Leia's health. That's not a tiny bar and she's really fast, has a leader skill, and buffs everyone 2x for crit hit. TIE arguably should have more individual stats than her since he has none of that other team stuff to balance him out - he's a selfish toon.

Stop making every toon that out to be the death star. This nearly exact config has been on my server for almost 2 weeks and it's been beaten plenty. Stays in top 10, but gets beat. This is just a good build at the moment with 7* chrome toons - why is that not ok? Jinn + Obi wan are more important to that build anyway...and then Han. TIE is just to get in kills, but he can't work his stuff if those other guys aren't on the field. This is just a top top tier level synergy team. Give the player credit.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    Seriously you look at the health bar and say 'Hey this guy has so much hp' whereas he has ONLY 1k more hp than the SQUISHIEST character in game (IG88) and he has 1k LESS hp than IG86 and both of these droids are generally considered squishy. And the only reason he even has that much of hp is because he can almost go to Gear9, I guess next time around you'll say 'NO CHARACTER SHOULD GO TO GEAR9 FIX PLS'

Don't put words in my mouth.

In that picture his health bar has the same number of lines as Old Ben's. Yet based on the SWGOHCantina.com stats, Old Ben is supposed to have more than 50% higher health. I seriously doubt gear accounts for THAT much difference. So I suspect that the numbers on the site for the pilot are wrong.
    Whatever the reason, be it natural excessive health or gear or whatever, that character is currently broken. Period. No character should be able to do that much damage while being that hard to take out.
    That's my opinion. You are entitled to yours. There is no need to be rude.
    ETA: And yes, they should not have put in a new character capable of getting substantially better gear than current ones based on the cap. I mean, I could understand discrepancies with older characters who may have been designed before it was planned to put the cap in. But this was a new character.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Ben maxes out at rank 7 gear, tie gets to rank 8. Big hp boost.
  • Options
    this setup is the same as #1 in my server, just switch Ben for Geosyan Fighter. I think FOTP most times does triple fire, and Leia always does 2x buff and 2 other buffs to entire team.

I don't care if they do anything to FOTP. Anyone can farm him very slowly. But Leia should perform extremely out of spect. It's like a Jocker card that automatically buffs eveyone, and goes stealth for 2 turn which additionaly grants her Critical Up and offense.

I propose that the developers rename Arena to a more fitting name like "Leia's challenge", or something along the lines. Would be more clear that way for sure
  • Options
    Seriously, I've spent maybe $600 on this game and 7* Leia, Old Ben and Qui Gon are a million miles away for me. I can't imaging how much money it would take to build up that squad.

I have 2* Leia and 2* Qui Gon and another hundred dollars might not upgrade them at all.

Tie Pilot is at least possible, I have him 4*, but to get him to 7* would take about six months!

He is certainly a glass cannon at 4*; if I use him he gets either zero or one attacks off before dying.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    yeah lot of money and it's a toss up as to what you'll get. I've probly got nearly 1k into the game. I've got a 6* kit fisto, 6* Qui-gon, 5* Barris, and wait for it......6* ewok scout HELL YEAH :(. I do have a 5* ben and 6* leia with 10 more shards but she's so broken I've intentionally NOT even leveled her up yet as i'd feel dirty using her :) My only 7* units are ones you can farm so meh

and a team does have to work to protect that pilot as he is slow and squishy until higher */gear. think once everyone can catch up in gear it'll balance out. Not to mention he gets huge boost from leia double serving her buff. Until leia is fixed i'm not sure about the TIE but I suspect he'll be balanced as he has nothing else going for him and he does currently have the gear advantage.

mostly a smattering of other stuff i'm only missing 9 characters at this point but with a few exceptions I don't bother using anything less then 5* minimum.
  • Options
    FOTP from 4* to 7* seems 65 + 85 + 100 = 250. At two shards per day, 250/2 = 125. Then 125 / 30 = 4 mo and 5 days. If you refresh FOTP missions once per day, you 7* star him in 2 months and 3 days, and spend 50 Crystals * 2 * 63 days = 5300 Crystals which will cost almost exactly $40 if you had to exclusively buy them. If you refresh missions twice a day (each one twice), triple the cost (300 Crystals/day vs 100), then you can have FOTP at *7 in one month and 1 day, and have to soend $120. That's how much It will cost you to enjoy FOTP level 7*, hacing one month advantage vs thise on $40 budgets, and 3 mo for those without budget and currently *4, or 4-5 for those F2P. Hope the math helps. Nit sure if anyone measured long term the FOTP rates over 10 days let's say, to narrow down timing even better.
  • Options
    FOTP from 4* to 7* seems 65 + 85 + 100 = 250. At two shards per day, 250/2 = 125. Then 125 / 30 = 4 mo and 5 days. If you refresh FOTP missions once per day, you 7* star him in 2 months and 3 days, and spend 50 Crystals * 2 * 63 days = 5300 Crystals which will cost almost exactly $40 if you had to exclusively buy them. If you refresh missions twice a day (each one twice), triple the cost (300 Crystals/day vs 100), then you can have FOTP at *7 in one month and 1 day, and have to soend $120. That's how much It will cost you to enjoy FOTP level 7*, hacing one month advantage vs thise on $40 budgets, and 3 mo for those without budget and currently *4, or 4-5 for those F2P. Hope the math helps. Nit sure if anyone measured long term the FOTP rates over 10 days let's say, to narrow down timing even better.

You forgot about energy recharge.
  • Options
    I didn't mention energy recharge because you get 8 missions per day at the fatest farm rate then 16 x 8 = 128 energy Is still less than your daily recharge. If you want to account it just add $10 to first case and $20 for second.