Galactic war in 50s

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    ELONCE wrote: »
    Well, for my line-up, if i get the taunts of opp team to go off, then it's a breeze. Any/every other skill they burn on my lowbies is a bonus. Been clearing the GWs pretty quick with that strategy, may have been lucky but works fine for me. Lvl 58 atm

Also, Phasma is quite a diff opp if her slow is already spent :)
  • Raves
    56 posts Member
    Options
    As more of a P2P player, this is the 2nd time in 4 days I haven't been able to complete GW. Both times were to teams using purple geared Sid/Phasma/Lumi/Dooku who all attacked before my entire team, including my purple geared Leia. Even when I tried to send in my B team which had some purple geared and and at least gear 6 members of like Phasma, Kylo Ren, TFP, etc they were all blasted down by multiple uses of the enemy special abilities that seemed to not have a CD.
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    ELONCE wrote: »
    Just send in 2-3 lvl 5-10 chars and let the opposing team burn their CD skills, then mop up with your A-team. Rinse and repeat.

This doesn't work well enough against multi-attack phasma teams or fast single shot damage teams. Lvl 60 gear 7 chars are so fast they will effectively destroy your <lvl 40 chars before they're even able to get a 100-500hp shot off and often will do it either without processing their AOE. In the case of Sid he is actually more effective against a good team w/o using his AoE so it hurts a lot trying to bring in low level suicide squads to face off against him (plus he gets health everytime they die so they can't focus him).

It can help occasionally but it's really minimal. And they don't really help that much when you face 5-6 lvl60 teams in a row.

Have lum ability block phasma, lum counters kylo ren too in gw as she can heal entire team. Burst down phasma. Retreat if required to get rid of enemy advantage
  • Options
    xhh2a wrote: »
    Have lum ability block phasma, lum counters kylo ren too in gw as she can heal entire team. Burst down phasma. Retreat if required to get rid of enemy advantage

Phasma's skills aren't the problem. Its her leadership. With a fast team like Dooku/Sid unless I have my Dooku I've actually had the 'pleasure' of watching Dooku and then Sid from back to backing Lumi and both getting the Phasma proc so Kylo and Daka pile on. Sure I can retreat then, and probably do, but I'm down Lumi and they're going to get to hit me again at the start of the next round because Dooku is faster than any of my chars and Sid gets an RNG roll to get faster than my Sid.

Play enough fast, multi-attack, counter teams and eventually they get their RNG. I suppose I should start using force close but I think that's a bug so I avoid it. Lately it seems like Bariss and Chewy have really fallen out of favor so it's rare I get a team I can build my HP/specials back up.

I'm not complaining. Honestly don't mind losing. But it's kinda funny to be told to 'retreat' or send in level 5 chars to win against multiple, synergized lvl 60 purple teams.
  • Wispsi
    255 posts Member
    Options
    I find that focusing phasma when there is a Sid/dooku/lumi means you will get super hurt and if you retreat before she is dead, the enemy team will likely go first and you will prob lose people. So I would prob focus one of the others first who actually do damage and you can even bring in asajj to debuff advantage and give your people an extra bit of heal, that way you can kill a person without needing to retreat and Suffer extra dmg for doing so. Only the first advantage she throws out usually matters, by the time she can use the 2nd there is usually only 2 people left, often if they don't have a tank or bariss I will leave phasma for last as she does not hurt and has a fair amount of health.

Of course I use 3 jedis like always, so sid/dooku teams are literally the worst for me and there sure are a lot of them...but I still complete it every day without losing more then 2 people as a f2p player.

• Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    They'd just have to change the order of operations. As it is now, the game saves before you enter a GW battle. They'd need to make it instead save after every attack. What that would do to the game's performance, I have no idea, but it's pretty clear that's the way it would have to be resolved.

You're making this sound far simpler than it actually would be. The game is designed to not have to "phone home" between every attack. Changing this is major surgery.
    It will also lead to a LOT of unhappy campers, because it will slow the game down dramatically and also lead to far more dropped sessions.
    There are other ways they can deal with force-closing but that would be among the most difficult.

I was thinking that, too, but I know that leaving it all to the client is a great way to let a trainer have access to everything it shouldn't.

The point is though, that the force close thing isn't GW working as intended, and getting used to it is dumb.

While I think making a save every attack would have really adverse effects on speed but it would not be difficult to send an alert as soon as a character was killed. That's the only reason people really force close but if the game sent a KO signal to server as soon as a character is taken out then that would resolve it.

That's genius. They could even set all the character's respective HP's at 0 until the game sends back what they actually should be, but only at the end of the match or after a retreat.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I adressed it the moment I found out about the force close glitch. Send Jesse a pm about it asking for a hotfix if possible. Haven't had a response since, not even a simple thanks for adressing.
    Now ofcourse I'm using it myself as well but only if Lumi dies ^^ (like everyone that knows). It's a develop flaw/exploit they apparently can't fix.

So you use it, and also "report it so they fix it asap". What are you hoping to achieve? Get the max rewards, appear as a hero, protect in case they tell you anything, and also while closing the door for those just starting up to collect what you have collected for ages? You are a true gentleman. If the made it that way, let it be. They already know about it. Force closing is a function of the OS. If your app crashes in Arena, you lose the battle. If it crahes in GW, you restart the battle. No big deal, and they can change the behaviour anytime.
  • Options
    Raves wrote: »
    As more of a P2P player, this is the 2nd time in 4 days I haven't been able to complete GW. Both times were to teams using purple geared Sid/Phasma/Lumi/Dooku who all attacked before my entire team, including my purple geared Leia. Even when I tried to send in my B team which had some purple geared and and at least gear 6 members of like Phasma, Kylo Ren, TFP, etc they were all blasted down by multiple uses of the enemy special abilities that seemed to not have a CD.

Send you D team first. This way they wate the specials, then send your A team. Only way to deal with those 7 Epic teams one after anither that are starting to crown GW and make it a tactical nightmare more hit & miss than war of attrition.

• Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    I adressed it the moment I found out about the force close glitch. Send Jesse a pm about it asking for a hotfix if possible. Haven't had a response since, not even a simple thanks for adressing.
    Now ofcourse I'm using it myself as well but only if Lumi dies ^^ (like everyone that knows). It's a develop flaw/exploit they apparently can't fix.

So you use it, and also "report it so they fix it asap". What are you hoping to achieve? Get the max rewards, appear as a hero, protect in case they tell you anything, and also while closing the door for those just starting up to collect what you have collected for ages? You are a true gentleman. If the made it that way, let it be. They already know about it. Force closing is a function of the OS. If your app crashes in Arena, you lose the battle. If it crahes in GW, you restart the battle. No big deal, and they can change the behaviour anytime.

This is a very salient point. If they do fix it, they will do so knowing it'll raise the unofficial difficulty up to the point that could result in losing customers.

The flip side of this logic, of course, is the fact that the exploit isn't common knowledge. This means that the people that have been using it up to now have had an unfair advantage on those that didn't. The only difference is, the people that don't know about it don't know they're getting the short end of the stick.

The bug does need to be fixed for that reason. Now, if it's done in a way that lowers the overall difficulty on GW down to the point that it's at now, then you don't have the barrier to entry problem at all. This is the most likely scenario, assuming it's ever fixed at all. It would be hilarious if it never was, albeit not to those that never find out about it. :grin:
  • Options
    I have to laugh at some of the advice here. Not because it's wrong, but because it's inadequate if you're facing two of the really strong teams back to back. Five completions in a row for me now (two at 59 and 3 at 60), and my team gets better/bigger by the day, but in the mid to upper 50s ... I'll put this a little differently than I did up thread, but: if you say you went through the 50s without a loss, you're either PTP, use force close, are lying, or have been very lucky with your opposing teams.
  • ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options
    Lorenzo wrote: »
    I have to laugh at some of the advice here. Not because it's wrong, but because it's inadequate if you're facing two of the really strong teams back to back. Five completions in a row for me now (two at 59 and 3 at 60), and my team gets better/bigger by the day, but in the mid to upper 50s ... I'll put this a little differently than I did up thread, but: if you say you went through the 50s without a loss, you're either PTP, use force close, are lying, or have been very lucky with your opposing teams.

Totally agree!

• Options
    Currently I like GW for what it is right now. The most important aspect you need to beat GW is time xD

If you spend one hour, you can force quit / retreat your way through the battles against high level squads. As the enemy spreads his attacks across your entire team you can kill Sid, followed by some heals. If the enemy squad focuses on 1 character (and he dies), just force quit and try again.

It's lame, but it's the only way to beat it for a F2P player.

SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • IG69
    31 posts Member
    Options
    I love that some of you consider yourselves free to play, but then admit you spent money.
    Even if you only spent on a single character, you are not considered free to play.
    So again I ask how how truly free to play players have been GW?