Galactic War Post Morning Update (Merged Thread)

Prev134
Alexone
3646 posts Member
edited May 2016
Ok so these 2 pics are before anybody took any action. Normally it should've been Yoda to start. In one picture Lumi starts first and in the other you can see that GS is going first. HOWEVER, i also noticed that the enemy TM has been reduced drastically and as a result, GW was easier. If this is working as intended, thank you for fixing GW's difficulty, because it is easier now. If it isn't working as intended... :neutral:

http://imgur.com/a/FUt67
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    Options
    SInce the today update i notice now that my Qui lead don`t starts first anymore each next battle .. sometimes even IG86 was the first to go ... So does GW now saves your turn meters ? Is it intentional or a bug? Wandering , as i can`t find any info about this matter in the new update notice and it is a big change to Gw mechanic ....

Any info will be appreciated @EA_Jesse
  • Sikho
    1088 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I noted that too, found it weird to have my RG attacks first.
    Can't say it's a bad thing, as it only benefits you and not the AI.
  • Options
    I wonder if this spilled into other aspects of the game.
    Bye Forums.
  • Apostilo
    137 posts Member
    Options
    Sikho wrote: »

I wasn`t claiming if it is bad or good thing mate , just wandering if it is intentional and if so , why no information about it. In fact if it stays so - this may be resolving the complains of so many other players about the GW being too challenging and taking too much time to finish ... because it will be much easier to do now , when your slowest tunes have chance to go first now and your fastest toons still go before the enemy...
  • Options
    I don't know if it is easier. It has lessened the value of fast toons who used to always take the first moves.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    You played one? For me it was easier than usual for sure.
  • Options
    It's because Qgj is your lead, thats why you're going first.
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I noticed this too and it was easier. Were there any notes on this update?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    BTW, I noticed changed of move order too. My Dooku went 3rd instead of usual first.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Darth_Vlad wrote: »
    It's because Qgj is your lead, thats why you're going first.

Huh?
    Serya wrote: »
    I noticed this too and it was easier. Were there any notes on this update?

No notes as far as i know. If this proves to be a mistake, i say leave it be. It shows how easy they can fix things if they wanted to. Is all the drama on the forums necessary before we receive things like these?
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hit this wall of a team half way through.... Even with the update it took a few restarts and cost me my Lumi to beat them. Good thing the teams that followed were easier. Once your characters loose protection one of them is going to get one shot by Rey..... 0390tBu.jpg
  • Options
    love the change :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This is almost certainly a side-effect of the change to the door panel in the raid.
    I wouldn't get too comfortable with it...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I think this will make it harder. Now you have to manage your turn meter too, while enemies get yet another thing that starts off normal for them
  • ShouldaChosenAName
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    The handling of turn meter between GW battles has changed obviously:

My 168 speed QGJ leader moved after 161 speed Dooku on a node in the middle of GW, on another node JC suddenly was first to act.

@EA_Jesse: Could we like get this change documented please, so we actually know how to prepare correctly?
    Thx
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    This is almost certainly a bug caused by insufficient testing after the change to the turn meter on the raid door.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I think this will make it harder. Now you have to manage your turn meter too, while enemies get yet another thing that starts off normal for them

You need to play first and then give your opinion. Because it is easier!
    Qeltar wrote: »
    This is almost certainly a side-effect of the change to the door panel in the raid.
    I wouldn't get too comfortable with it...

And that's why it's sad. Everything can be fixed so easily...even by mistake!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I don't see this as a positive change, personally. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds confusing and difficult to plan for.
  • Options
    I don't see this as a positive change, personally. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds confusing and difficult to plan for.

Well you're wrong, but OK. Nice job trying it before posting. All of the best opinions come from ignorance.
  • Options
    Yeah well I'm fine with whatever - either acknowledgement there is a bug and complete description of the bug or adding it to the update notes if it's WAI.

What bugs me right now that I don't know what's happening and I don't feel like experimenting even more in GW to pinpoint it ...
  • Options
    I am half way through gw. I am not sure if it is easier or harder. But it is different. It will take a week or so to know if it is easier or harder due to the random nature of gw.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    Options
    I changed you post title so it was a question and not an announcement. I did not notice a change in GW but kind of blew through it. I guess I need to pay attention to it today. :)
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    It's all jacked up! My Dooku went Fourth!? JC, Barriss, RP, then Dooku and GS! Battle before RP went first!

The turn meter isn't reseting between matches.
  • Options
    I noticed this as well. It looks like the turn meters persist into the next battle. The order is all messed up
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    Options
    I don't like it and yes I'm in the middle of one when I came here looking for answers. My RP went first, Dooku went third. next match JC went first and Dooku fourth! I don't think the TM is resetting. Enemy speed is normal, QGJ or other highspeed toon goes first.

I've got high speed toons for their speed, not to sit there and get whacked 3 times before they move. I want my QGJ to go after their Rey first not sit there like a statue!
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    I am half way through gw. I am not sure if it is easier or harder. But it is different. It will take a week or so to know if it is easier or harder due to the random nature of gw.

The 'turns' on who goes first are behaving exactly the way they are, when you do single player battles. But only in your favor. :smile:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Well you're wrong, but OK. Nice job trying it before posting. All of the best opinions come from ignorance.

I have guildmates and I've read reports on this forum and the reddit.
    This is called "observational learning" and I highly recommend it.
    I did specifically disclaim that I hadn't tried it. But on paper I don't like the idea. Each new fight should be a new fight, and I don't want Barriss going before Dooku because she just happened to have been next up in the previous node.
    I have no problem with this being a minority opinion. That's all it is, my opinion.
    Anyway, it sounds pretty obviously like a bug, it has an obvious cause, it was not in the patch notes, and all of this points to the high likelihood that it will be reverted.
  • Options
    It is definitely easier since Old Ben is now able to go before anyone else on their team almost every encounter.
  • Options
    Sikho wrote: »

It's a bad thing if you run a speed team and you expect certain characters to go first.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options

I have guildmates and I've read reports on this forum and the reddit.
    This is called "observational learning" and I highly recommend it.
    I did specifically disclaim that I hadn't tried it. But on paper I don't like the idea. Each new fight should be a new fight, and I don't want Barriss going before Dooku because she just happened to have been next up in the previous node.
    It sounds like a bug, it has an obvious cause, it was not in the patch notes, and all of this points to the high likelihood that it will be reverted.

I just read that thread and seems everyone likes it and thinks it's easier...