Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Dumb
  • Options
    This seems like it was not retuned like the challenges were. When this released, there was no level 80 nor gold gear now they are up there and really over powered. Shouldn't take max leveled (80) tuned characters to take these guys down.

This needs to be fixed.
  • Cm3Po
    234 posts Member
    Options
    I love for something to be a challenge, but this is beyond challenging. First off, the game is so bugged that my QGJ debuff move rarely even gives me the attack up, which would great help taking down yoda'a team. Eeth koths stun and lumi's ability block never stick either. Way unfair for them to make us waste all our efforts into yoda when we can't even compete against him.
  • Sh3ar3rMagic
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I love that they nerf Yoda for normal play for us users doing 2-3k hits but when you fight Yoda in his event he is doing 8k+ hits.....
    Smh...
  • AlexHermanssonGr
    155 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just beat 7* green fur ball after about 15 tries.
    My setup was
    Lumi (L) G8 lvl 77
    Qgj G10 lvl 78
    Ahsoka G8 lvl 72
    JC G8 lvl 74
    Eeth koth G8 lvl 70

Most of them had full abilities as well :)
    Good luck everyone!

Edit:
    I forgot the important part hehe. He had JC and JKG and I only focused yoda, JC healed him once for 11k or something.
  • Options
    Cocopops wrote: »
    Ok guys it's doable!!!

I made about 3 posts in this thread saying how ****** off I was, but after about 40 attempts finally cracked it.

All Jedi lvl 77, gear 8/9

Barriss (L), Lumi, QGJ, JC and Eeth

Was just about to uninstall the game in nerd rage and thought I'd give it one last shot. Got Yoda with Barriss and Eeth as friends.

Killed Eeth first, completely ignored Yoda except used QGJ on him once to get an offence up. Enemy Barriss healed enemy Eeth nearly to full once, so it was like killing Eeth twice. I was lucky Yoda didn't focus down any of my toons during this Eeth fight, as he usually does. Thank RNGesus he spread his dmg across my team.

Then turned on Barriss. Got him down to low red. Barriss healed and took Yoda to half health, what a friend.

Immediately turned on Yoda. Saved QGJ's second special to dispel any heal over time or offence up buffs.

Yoda fought valiantly, worthy of a recognition in the Jedi archives, he took out Eeth and Barriss on the way but finally died. I cheered and woke up the dog :)

Then I took out the traitor Barris and got my prize.

Repeat the above and you will win.

Cocopops.

I did this too. I even posted it but the devs deleted my post!
  • Robbathehutt
    1048 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just beat him with

Luminara (Lead)
    Ahsoka
    QGJ
    Barriss
    Jedi Consular

All 7 star level 77 all tier 8 with max abilities I can get (no omegas). The key for me was getting him with no healing adds and then focus firing Yoda first. When the first heal was required I used Luminara first which caused Yoda to steal the buff which allowed me to use QGJ to steal it from him and buff my whole team.

It was pretty clear at least from the Jedi I have that keeping QGJ alive was a must and having Yoda with no healing adds was a must as well.

Took around 30+ attempts and retreats.
  • Bluerock
    224 posts Member
    Options
    Seeing all of these people finishing 7* Yoda in less than 10 attempts makes me realize that this is comparatively much easier to complete now than when it was first released.
    It could be so much worse.
  • Options
    obviously Barriss is necessary, to beat yoda90 - thanks for disillusioning the rest
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I am trying to finish Tier VI ... and it feels like Yoda is unbeatable.

Even with my 7* Team at lvl 76 Gear 8/9 ... I get 2 shotted... even though protection. Yoda hit my Lumi for 10k and 11k crits for a single turn before the match started...
  • Options
    This thread is hilarious
  • Options
    I think one thing some people are underestimating is yoda's tow bodyguards are random. I got lucky and got Old Ben and Jedi Guardian for his team. Not much offense, so I burned Yoda and kept up the heals, then killed his buddies. Did this with Barris(L), QGJ, Ani, Lumi, and Old Ben. All lvl 70 and G9 except QGJ, who is 78. Only lost one Jedi. No pics, so believe it or not, but it is very doable.

My suggestion would be retreat until he has two team mates with low offense and focus on Yoda. Worked for me.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    I just completed the t7 challenge, with some RNG it's not that hard. I ran:

Lumi lead lvl 70 g8 4/6 abilities: 6/6/7/6
    QGJ lvl 80 g10 5/6 abilities: 7/7/7/7
    Barriss lvl 74 g8 4/6 abilities: 5/7/7/3
    Ashoka lvl 70 g8 3/6 abilities: 6/6/3/6
    Kit Fisto lvl 70 g8 4/6 abilities: 6/3/3/6

As you can see they are (apart for Q) far from maxed and I'm sure there are multiple people here with a better prepared squad. If you would just be patient and try a couple times, I had to reset it about 10-15 times before I got the right RNG and Barriss and JKG as adds.

Please don't whine about this, it's really fun to have a real challenge in this game, even though it can be frustrating.
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Enemys QGJ was down, Barriss red and yoda yellow, my complete team had 100%
    and then...

He killed 4 of my 7* purple gear lvl 76 in one ROW!!!
  • Options
    Really frustaded. Impossible
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I HAVE 7* YODA!! WOOOOO!!!!

Tips:
    1. Make sure you get Yoda - Bariss *other*
    2. Kill *other*
    3. Put Bariss into deep red, she will then equalize, putting YODA into deep yellow
    4. Kill yoda
    5. Kill Bariss
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    Seeing all of these people finishing 7* Yoda in less than 10 attempts makes me realize that this is comparatively much easier to complete now than when it was first released.
    It could be so much worse.

exactly, when yoda first came out (after they fixed the anakin glitch) almost everyone had to try at least 50-100 times to beat yoda, it took me at least 100 tries

now everyone is complaining, yet are beating him in 5-10 tries? pretty sure you guys dont realize that yoda is likely easier now than he was the first time his event was released. I havent seen the yoda challenge since I beat it way back when so I obviously cant say for sure, but just seems that way to me based on peoples comments, everyone thought he was impossible the first go around just like they are saying he is now, difference is people seem to be beating him with a lot less tries now
  • Rugerman
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah done with these bozo devs. You guys are a pack of chodes. I put at least 100 bucks into this game and you scr3w me by giving 7* Yoda the ability to one shot my entire team and critical for 22k. You guys can go to ****
  • Houdini
    75 posts Member
    Options
    Got yoda lvl 7. Very different when rng is working for you. Tried for 2.5 hrs with lvl 77 toons. Gear 8. Kept refreshing until i got barris. Had to try against barris atleast 25 times.Used qgj as lead. All luck no skill. Used basic attack most of the time and only used lumi heal if I had qgj ready to debuff if yoda stole it. Super frustrating, no satisfaction for beating him since it was all luck. Hope you guys and gals get him soon.
  • Options
    I love when the whales come on these threads... And tell us how easy things are. Lol. Hope you get hit with identity fraud :-)
  • Options
    What a joke, you can't keep moving the goal posts! How can you justify this!? What an absolute joke. This is very disappointing. You've shown how you can take an awesome game and ruin it a little bit at a time with each successive "update". Unbelievable.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    Guaranteed winning strategy guys. I was g8 lvl 75 on all my chars and this worked for 7*

Restart until Bariss is in his squad. Then attack the toon that ISNT Bariss or Yoda till he/she is red. Bariss will heal, taking health from herself and Yoda. Finish off that toon and start working on Barriss, till she is red. She will heal again, slicing Yoda in half. At that point, bum rush Yoda if you can finish him before Barriss cools down, or just make sure Bariss always has lower health so Yoda is hurt if she heals again. It also (of course) helps to have Bariss lead with lots of healers.
  • Tomuk83
    19 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, atleaat $150 a month and feeling pretty shafted
  • Kalcor
    92 posts Member
    Options
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done with this game. Wasted a bunch of shards leveling characters for this, but then they made it impossible. Bunch of nonsense. Good luck EA

My thoughts exactly bub, these guys... Lol make me laugh everytime they want to screw us.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I HAVE 7* YODA!! WOOOOO!!!!

Tips:
    1. Make sure you get Yoda - Bariss *other*
    2. Kill *other*
    3. Put Bariss into deep red, she will then equalize, putting YODA into deep yellow
    4. Kill yoda
    5. Kill Bariss

Just tried this. Barriss equalized before I killed the other guy (Eeth). Then my guys just died before I could really get anyone down. It sucks how much this match is about RNG.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    @Singleton28 @DarthBalls see my above post for a really good strategy. I was feeling like throwing my phone earlier, but this worked like a charm.
  • Options
    Classic bait and switch
    the cake is a lie
  • Options
    Really frustaded. Impossible

@ScaliWalker try this:

Restart until Bariss is in his squad. Then attack the toon that ISNT Bariss or Yoda till he/she is red. Bariss will heal, taking health from herself and Yoda. Finish off that toon and start working on Barriss, till she is red. She will heal again, slicing Yoda in half. At that point, bum rush Yoda if you can finish him before Barriss cools down, or just make sure Bariss always has lower health so Yoda is hurt if she heals again. It also (of course) helps to have Bariss lead with lots of healers.
  • Options
    I just beat Yoda.
    I had Yoda/Old Ben/JKG.
    Killed Yoda, then JKG, then Old Ben.

Used;
    Bariss (73), QGJ (78), Lumi (75), JC (73), Eeth Koth (76)
    All are gear 8 except for EK and QGJ.
    Only QGJ has omega ability.

| John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

You seem to be in the vast minority. Congrats on your good fortune, but this is really just moving the goal posts for most of us. Very disappointing. If you could put yourself in the place of many of the other posters here, I believe you would feel as let down as the rest of us.
    Seriously though, congrats on your good fortune.
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
This discussion has been closed.