Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    @Singleton28 @DarthBalls see my above post for a really good strategy. I was feeling like throwing my phone earlier, but this worked like a charm.

I'll try. Thanks mate.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Why do people not understand that this is the equivalent of changing the rules in the middle of a game. Made even more ridiculous by the fact that we're paying to play the game.

We do understand that, that's why this thread is full of complaints.

I'm sorry. I should've clarified. I meant the people saying everything is OK with this.

And to further my point, my buddy just got into this game hard-core any spending a Tonna money has between 5 star and 7 star Jedi and can't beat level 5. And is texting me that he's completely discouraged, thinks he wasted money and doesn't want to play anymore. That seems bad to me
  • Options
    Just how dodge is 'STRATEGY' the devs think RNG to beat yoda is 'STRATEGY' LOL amazing children there
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    DarthBalls wrote: »
    I love when the whales come on these threads... And tell us how easy things are. Lol. Hope you get hit with identity fraud :-)

What are you talking about? Most people are beating Yoda with an entirely FTP team. I beat Yoda at 70 with QGJ, Lumi, Eeth, Mace and JC. How about you keep trying? It requires effort (attempts), RNG (Luck), and a little skill (not being absolutely horrible)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    I just spent 3 hours playing this event over and over again and finally managed to get yoda to 7*, he was with JC and IGD, focused on yoda first then JC and IGD, only 3 toons remained.
    My team:
    Obi G9
    Jc g8
    Lumi g8
    QGJ g8
    Eeth G8

Even though I thought that without barris I won't be able to done it I succeed, keep trying guys I wish you all good luck and best RNG !
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Bluerock wrote: »
    Seeing all of these people finishing 7* Yoda in less than 10 attempts makes me realize that this is comparatively much easier to complete now than when it was first released.
    It could be so much worse.

exactly, when yoda first came out (after they fixed the anakin glitch) almost everyone had to try at least 50-100 times to beat yoda, it took me at least 100 tries

now everyone is complaining, yet are beating him in 5-10 tries? pretty sure you guys dont realize that yoda is likely easier now than he was the first time his event was released. I havent seen the yoda challenge since I beat it way back when so I obviously cant say for sure, but just seems that way to me based on peoples comments, everyone thought he was impossible the first go around just like they are saying he is now, difference is people seem to be beating him with a lot less tries now

But that's terrible design then. Did you vary your strategy in those 100 or did you just pull the lever until the 3 cherries lined up and Yoda shards rained down? It's not a strategy if it's RNG based.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Rugerman
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm done with these turds. I wasted so much money and they just $h1t all over us.
  • Options
    I think we can all agree on the following atleast. I take issue with the fact that EA didn't atleast mention that the difficulty would be raised at the time when they posted the timer again for the event this time around. If people were aware they would atleast have had ample time to prepare. I myself did get it on the first try. I only had 5* Yoda last event. Did both 6* and 7* event easy without fail. So long as you got barris luminara and ashoka. You do well. I did use obi wan as lead which helped a lot. JC also helps. It's a heal intensive event. The more you can heal and keep doing damage the higher odds of you winning. That being said. I do understand how people feel cheated this time around. EA promised to keep us in the loop in regards to things coming our way. This hardly is keeping us in the loop. A simple one line sentence saying the difficulty would be raised would have sufficed. That's my thoughts on the matter. Not.going to enter the whole different debate as to whether the increase in difficulty should have happened or not since we are pretty split on that.
  • Options
    Corjo3 wrote: »
    By the time i get my team up to this new standard, they will "adjust" the next event so that those who
    are not buying lots of gems can't get him. First time I've been angry at this game.

Valid concern. I agree
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Bialaska
    74 posts Member
    Options
    So yeah, I finally worked myself up to having a full 5-star team of Jedi. And Yoda event started, and I was all excited, because now I too would have Yoda.

Unfortunately he demolished my team completely and totally. Again. And again. And again. Couldn't even take him to half health, as his basic attack deals massive damage and he gets what feels like a 3 attacks for each single attack I get.

My alliance members said that he had been easy for them, but to me that challenge just seem impossible.

My team is:
    Old Ben
    Lumi
    JC
    Ahsoka
    Eeth

with Old Ben or Lumi as leader (I have tried both multiple times, in the hope that switching leader would have made an impact).
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Pacdiggity wrote: »
    Guaranteed winning strategy guys. I was g8 lvl 75 on all my chars and this worked for 7*

Restart until Bariss is in his squad. Then attack the toon that ISNT Bariss or Yoda till he/she is red. Bariss will heal, taking health from herself and Yoda. Finish off that toon and start working on Barriss, till she is red. She will heal again, slicing Yoda in half. At that point, bum rush Yoda if you can finish him before Barriss cools down, or just make sure Bariss always has lower health so Yoda is hurt if she heals again. It also (of course) helps to have Bariss lead with lots of healers.

Not a guarantee. Tried this and Yoda simply killed my guys before I could even get one guy down.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    1. How does Yoda keep hearing himself?
    2. At 6* level he is doing over 12k a hit?
    3. He has no turn meter yet attacks 4 consecutive times?

EA.......seriously?
  • Options
    Start working on Barriss now. She will make Yoda and GW easier.
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Bluerock wrote: »
    Seeing all of these people finishing 7* Yoda in less than 10 attempts makes me realize that this is comparatively much easier to complete now than when it was first released.
    It could be so much worse.

exactly, when yoda first came out (after they fixed the anakin glitch) almost everyone had to try at least 50-100 times to beat yoda, it took me at least 100 tries

now everyone is complaining, yet are beating him in 5-10 tries? pretty sure you guys dont realize that yoda is likely easier now than he was the first time his event was released. I havent seen the yoda challenge since I beat it way back when so I obviously cant say for sure, but just seems that way to me based on peoples comments, everyone thought he was impossible the first go around just like they are saying he is now, difference is people seem to be beating him with a lot less tries now

But that's terrible design then. Did you vary your strategy in those 100 or did you just pull the lever until the 3 cherries lined up and Yoda shards rained down? It's not a strategy if it's RNG based.

terrible or not its the same in that regard before as it is now, some strategy (mainly who you pick as leader) and the rest is RNG, the people who got yoda before had to deal with that, same as the people who are trying now, this game is all RNG they should just rename it galaxy of RNG

only variation I did was switch leaders, finally settled on Mace for the atk boost (because I didnt have barriss at 7* at the time)
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Is everyone sure the difficulty was raised? During the last event people were complaining that it took days before they got 7*, and currently we're only 3 hours into the event.

I was disappointed by how fast it went down. Glad it's over, but I was expecting to get at least a couple tries out of it.
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    Same here 20 attempts or more failed

20 attempts is just the start. It took me over 30 horrendous attempts at 70 before it clicked. Some have tried well over 100-200 attempts before you can beat it.

And you see no problem in this? There is no strategy involved, only luck that the Ai spreads damage and didnt take the healers out.
  • Options
    I managed to beat him. It was tough but you just gotta have luck on your side.
  • Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    I HAVE 7* YODA!! WOOOOO!!!!

Tips:
    1. Make sure you get Yoda - Bariss *other*
    2. Kill *other*
    3. Put Bariss into deep red, she will then equalize, putting YODA into deep yellow
    4. Kill yoda
    5. Kill Bariss

I'll give it a shot after I go through a "cool down" lol
    Use the force Luke.... and get rid of that stupid musket.
  • Options
    This difficulty is exactly what they did with the Challengers before LOL
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    ichotolot wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Solid_PR wrote: »
    Same here 20 attempts or more failed

20 attempts is just the start. It took me over 30 horrendous attempts at 70 before it clicked. Some have tried well over 100-200 attempts before you can beat it.

And you see no problem in this? There is no strategy involved, only luck that the Ai spreads damage and didnt take the healers out.

Well, there is only so much "strategy" they can build into this game. The prize is GRAND MASTER YODA so if RNG is the way this game makes things hard, then no, I don't have a problem with this. Keep trying , you will get it.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Cloud_
    23 posts Member
    Options
    After rage quitting I beat him 7* With Old Ben (l), QGJ, lumi, JC, Ashoka. All level 78 with gear level 8, and omega on QGJ basic and Ashoka basic. Good luck and keep trying! You don't need a loada dosh to do it! The old Ben lead was really helpful, got owned with QGJ as leader.
  • Rugerman
    30 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Yeah I just uninstalled the game. EA can kiss me
  • Mugren
    14 posts Member
    Options
    For what it's worth. I'm FTP and beat it with Barriss (L), EK, QGJ, Lumi, and JC.

All levels in the low 70s except QGJ at 77. Actually EK was 64. All were in 8 gear except QGJ in 9.

It can be frustrating but it is doable. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    Lousy! They want u to now purchase crystals to buy full gear to upgrade to beat him money grab
  • Options
    After almost 3 hours of back-to-back trying, using various suggested tactics/combos, I need to take a break before my phone does. Kinda sick of watching Yoda kill 3 and 4 almost full health toons before anyone else gets a turn.
  • Ravenclaw1974
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Well I will wright this post again since freedom of speech is not allowed in this forum I got a warning for using censored language so the rest of you know not to do that.

Some how Yoda can actually kill the entire team with out you getting another turn I know because he has done it to me 3 times in a row. If his attack kills you he gets 100% turn and goes again and again and again oh and again till he can't kill the person. Don't know about you guys and girls but my 6* Yoda with maxed out skills can't do that on his best RNG day. So tired of the Devs giving the AI the user hand just because they can if an AI toon can do it then so should those we get. Jesus he already has 9 times the power plus his attacks are buffed not nerfed like ours so at least even the playing field stop Giving the AI buffs and way better attacks and special attacks. I can handle losing a few 100 times if it's fair but not just because you guys are setting there saying to each other you know what let's just make Yoda impossible to kill we will give him 3 to 4 attacks for your ever 1 plus his cool downs for special will be 1 turn.

Like I said in the post that was deleted due to what they consider badlanguage but I call freedom of speech. Screen shots don't mean anything I can always go and get an old screen shot and say I beat him this time or when he is leveled up to 1000.
  • Options
    He is a BOSS. It's different. Every node that has a Boss is the same way.
  • Options
    For every step forwards, they take 10 steps backwards, good job.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Was making great progress and then without a buff Yoda one-shot my QGJ at full health (no protection) for 12k and then right after with an second attack killed my full JC. What strategy am I supposed to employ against that?
This discussion has been closed.