Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    thorkhas wrote: »
    Yeah ! Finally got him !
    It's the same technique as before really : just retreat until you have a team with barriss.
    Put the other jedi to midlife (ideally just before they turn yellow) then barriss. Then put em both to yellow.
    Barriss will equalize health bars... hence lowering yoda's.

So much for fixing the exploit... I did it brute force, and you killed adds first. I did not.. well done.

this isn't an exploit, it is a legitimate strategy for defeating yoda.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    Options
    My entire point is the Yoda difficulty should not have changed at all. EVER.

If it's going to go up every time the level goes up how does anyone that started after the yoda event first appeared ever going to be able to beat him.

It's a challenge. BUT the point of the challenge was to get five Jedi to 7 stars.

It just seems like get another poor decision on EA/CG part.
  • Options
    Just done it after like 30 trys its extremely hard but possible just have to get lucky lol
  • ProfmyGR
    53 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse
    @CG_JohnSalera
    How is this possible as f2p to obtain 7* Yoda when i have Lumi, Mace, Qui-Gon, Consular & Eeth at gear 8 almost full? That you have done with Yoda 7* challenge is just ridiculous...
  • Toonny
    109 posts Member
    Options
    It is not that bad as everyone said.
    Seriously.
    I did in one try with Barriss lead, Lumi, Ahsoka and QGJ. All 7* obviously. Mostly gear 8 except GQJ is at G9.

There were 10k damage from Yoda, but my 3.5 healer handled it well.
    BTW, the other two are Barriss. I was trying to use the heal equalization stratery but accidentally killed Barriss.

No I have a G8 7* Yoda!
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

Basically, retreat until you get a similar outcome. Apparently Barriss at Yoda's side is the weakness.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    There are a lot of threads with people lying about their success, I guess.
  • ProfmyGR
    53 posts Member
    Options
    I got him too. You folks complain too much.

Are you Trol of forums or p2p?
  • Yadda_123
    187 posts Member
    Options
    Six max Jedis here and I can barely make a dent, let alone take Yoda out along with his backup. Been waiting all this time for nothing apparently.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    1) Lumi (Lead) lvl 71 gear 8
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

A couple of attempts and you're an expert? Hahahahahahaha. Get real kid. When you've spent 3 hours of non-stop attempts you may be able to make a legitimate claim.

I don't need multiple hours of playing to see how hard he hits and how hard my toons hit back. The same toons that are as much as 10 levels below mine beating him on the same difficulty seems like a bogus claim or a glitch in the system.

Not trying to rub it in your face but it is possible to do without maxed out toons. Perhaps I was just extremely lucky.

I had:

Barriss (L) 66 g8 7,6,6,6
    QGJ 76 g9 Max,7,7,Max
    Lumi 76 g8 7,7,7,4
    JC 67 g8 6,6,6
    Ahsoka 66 g8 7,6,6,6

Something seems seriously off with people with your type of squad clearing him on 7*. My squad is more than 10 levels above yours and I barely got him into yellow.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Options
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

A couple of attempts and you're an expert? Hahahahahahaha. Get real kid. When you've spent 3 hours of non-stop attempts you may be able to make a legitimate claim.

I don't need multiple hours of playing to see how hard he hits and how hard my toons hit back. The same toons that are as much as 10 levels below mine beating him on the same difficulty seems like a bogus claim or a glitch in the system.

Not trying to rub it in your face but it is possible to do without maxed out toons. Perhaps I was just extremely lucky.

I had:

QGJ 76 g9 Max,7,7,Max
    Lumi 76 g8 7,7,7,4
    JC 67 g8 6,6,6
    Ahsoka 66 g8 7,6,6,6

Something seems seriously off with people with your type of squad clearing him on 7*. My squad is more than 10 levels above yours and I barely got him into yellow.

same here
  • Options
    Lol love the nerdrage here! :) I think it's only fair they scale the difficulty with the next level cap. I got him last time, had no problem with him. But lots of people found it very hard back then. The amount of complaints were the same but in the end most people got him by trying and praying to rngesus
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Queen%20Victoria%20Diamond%20Jubilee%20Antique%20Silver%20Spoon%20-%201837-1897_Queen%20Victoria%20silver%20spoon.Jpg
  • Zilken
    15 posts Member
    Options
    All I'm seeing from the people who say it isn't difficult or that they finally got it is that they all share one common denominator...Barris. For those of us who chose a different jedi to round out our squad, this is going to be, most likely, an impossible feat. Barris is nearly required here, and that's just not okay. Dangling Yoda in front of everyone's face, giving us a goal of five rank seven Jedi, then saying, "Well you chose the wrong Jedi, good luck when this event comes back around or pay us several hundreds for the resources to pour into ANOTHER toon you didn't want to level up in the first place."
  • Solid_PR
    43 posts Member
    Options
    I have looked at guides and my guild trying to help me. I have failed about 20 attempts. Got maxed hear lvl8 and all toons above lvl 70. I keep failing even using tricks and guides
  • Solid_PR
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Same here 20 attempts or more failed
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    You'd be better served reading threads discussing successes than threads bemoaning failures.
  • NienNunb
    85 posts Member
    Options
    So ghetto. Yoda should be max level 80 gear 9.
  • Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    i just one shot yoda with rey. guys com'on it's not that tuff

@wisenuts
    This made me laugh harder than it probably should have. Maybe it's because I beat 7* Yoda with these "horrible" changes.
  • Options
    Zilken wrote: »
    All I'm seeing from the people who say it isn't difficult or that they finally got it is that they all share one common denominator...Barris. For those of us who chose a different jedi to round out our squad, this is going to be, most likely, an impossible feat. Barris is nearly required here, and that's just not okay. Dangling Yoda in front of everyone's face, giving us a goal of five rank seven Jedi, then saying, "Well you chose the wrong Jedi, good luck when this event comes back around or pay us several hundreds for the resources to pour into ANOTHER toon you didn't want to level up in the first place."

If you visited the forum before everyone here would have told you to farm barris for the event. So either you were stubborn and didnt farm her. Or you didn't prepare for the event well enough and just farmed some random jedis. This game demands planning and spending your resources wisely. So now you know you need Barris and you can try again next yoda event.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

I had:

QGJ 76 g9 Max,7,7,Max
    Lumi 76 g8 7,7,7,4
    JC 67 g8 6,6,6
    Ahsoka 66 g8 7,6,6,6

Then you should start evaluating what went wrong right?There are ample examples of what combinations people went up against and what strategy they used. Stop thinking along the lines of if I can't do it, then noone else with worse toons than I can't. There aren't any 100% win methods but there are some things you can do to increase the odds of you winning. and you don't have to kill both adds if they have poor damage.
  • Options
    New Yoda Event is impossible to complete. Yes it was too easy before, but now it's way too hard. I wasted a lot of time building five 7* jedis for nothing. Not cool, fond some compromise between too hard ans too easy please.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Alita wrote: »
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »
    thorkhas wrote: »
    Yeah ! Finally got him !
    It's the same technique as before really : just retreat until you have a team with barriss.
    Put the other jedi to midlife (ideally just before they turn yellow) then barriss. Then put em both to yellow.
    Barriss will equalize health bars... hence lowering yoda's.

So much for fixing the exploit... I did it brute force, and you killed adds first. I did not.. well done.

this isn't an exploit, it is a legitimate strategy for defeating yoda.

Well developer updates said they fixed this for Yoda event, apparently they were wrong. I didn't say it was not legitimate, the DEVS were trying to keep the Yoda event on the level..

I did it without doing this or taking out adds, so it was challenging for me.. it took many attempts.

• MaCody
    7 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    What a bunch of mean people over at EA. You can tell that they panicked and realized there game wasn't that hard. And now they took all the fun out of their game. Boooo!!!!!
  • DimesandPennies
    427 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I just think the whole he's 10 levels more than we could possibly be is not fair
  • DarthJimmy
    71 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Might as well uninstall this game all these months to 7* just have them rub ur nose in this
  • Apinka
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Give my money back...and all the hours which I spent with raiding the bl... jedies....
  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    Options
    We have the best mods don't we guys? Mods = Gods
  • Options
    I took down Yoda on the first try. I used Old Ben (74) lead, QGJ (79), Barris (67), Lumi (71), and Ahsoka (70) (QGJ gear 10, the rest gear 8). I fought against Eeth Koth and Plo Koon. I decided just to focus down on Yoda first and bank on them attacking Old Ben. The evasion lead didn't really work but they did attack Old Ben and killed him, which gave everyone on the team all of those offensive boosts. After that I just continued to fire away on Yoda and then the other 2 were easy just making sure I kept myself healed up. Hope this can work for some of you. Keep your head up, you will get it!
This discussion has been closed.