Yoda challenge - level 90 omega Megathread

Replies

• Ace5
    134 posts Member
    Options

[/quote]

Wait, you played it last time and now? I would say that it was just as difficult last time if you didn't get it last time, no? [/quote]

Different accounts. Beat him last time w same toons on another account. Was not easy nor a one shot. This is now laughably impossible
  • Tally27
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    To the guy who said it was sooo easy? You are full of it. So full of it!!
  • Options
    BWSkynobi wrote: »
    Alita wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »
    Btw... Please remove the "Event active" flashing icon. I completed it, so the icon should not show anymore.

yeah, this is annoying. i hope they fix this.

Nope. They're just gonna make it harder to get rid off unless you pay 5000 crystals to get rid of it.

done. where do i pay.
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Impossible for you. See other threads for plenty of success stories.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    @Anonymous_Quark

I beat Yoda 7* with a group of 77 Jedi. It *CAN* be done, and I am proof.

I used Old Ben lead, QGJ, JC, Lumi and Ahsoka, took me like 14 attempts...it was nuts. I ignored adds..

Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    I beat 6* yoda easily, after I adjusted things.
    -Use Lumi as Leader, you get the evasion and a heal every turn that yoda can't steal
    -Don't use specials when he has foresight. Duh.
    -Most times you have to burn an attack to use foresight, then you can attack.

It's just like anything in life. You need to formulate a strategy. And you have to earn it.

I beat 6* Yoda with 75 Ben7*, 75 Lumi7*, 75 QGJ6*, 70 JC7* and 63 Koth6* all gear VIII

Pull up your boot straps.
  • Options
    I spent a lot of money on shards and diverted all training and gear acquiring for a month to build a very strong Jedi team. All for nothing. It's not even close, he two shots every one of my characters and the second he puts one down he gets to go again, this is ludicrous. I'm done with this game. My characters are all 70+ with IX+ gear. I'm sick of it
  • Kiaowe
    2 posts Member
    Options
    This is impossible. I sent a bug ticket to EA to fix this right away. It is like the Mace Event that we always do and on one update they made it almost impossible to beat him and then corrected it. Hopefully they correct this as well.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    Options
    I got him into the red once but that was the nearest I got, it's not impossible but I'm not sitting here for humours on end with my family wondering how long I'll be before I spend some time with them fighting for something that really shouldn't be made this hard. We're not all jobless or kids about to have the weekend off for trying 800 times. You p ricks obviously don't think some of us have jobs to keep.
    Fair play to the people to the people that got it done, you were probably more fortunate than you realised, but don't go ranting to others about how it's not that hard because you did it and others aren't getting a favourable RNG to achieve it. I have neither the time nor the patience to attempt something that shouldn't have been made this tricky to attain. I am P2P but if hare brained schemes like this continue then I'll be one of an exodus for sure

+1
  • Options
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

This post saved me so much headache and frustration The challenge was looking near impossible. I have this same Jedi squad... Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, Koth.... and I kept retreating until I got the Barriss/Koth tandem with Yoda. It truly worked. First try. Thank you, Sysy, for the asyst. ;)

Go get your 7* Yoda, everyone... it is doable even with him level 90, gold mat, and max omega!

Oh I get it! If I don't have Barriss, I just need to get her to beat yoda. Why didn't I think of that? (roll my eyes)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Several folks in my guild have gotten him. It's achievable. Don't give up. And no thier toons were not maxed or level 80.

Pray to RNGesus
  • Options
    I completed it without Barriss... It is not impossible without her
  • jeremyj26
    783 posts Member
    Options
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm done with this game. Wasted a bunch of shards leveling characters for this, but then they made it impossible. Bunch of nonsense. Good luck EA

Way to give it the ole college try.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Jazz66
    212 posts Member
    Options
    da_council wrote: »
    Sysy wrote: »
    I think it is pretty easy. I just defeated 7 star Yoda, like, in five minutes... I got lucky to have Eeth Koth and Barriss with him. I instantly killed Koth and hit Barriss to red, when she healed Yoda for -40% hp. I just rushed Yoda and laughed at Barriss. My setup is Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, and Koth. I think Yoda became much slower and has much lower hp now...

This post saved me so much headache and frustration The challenge was looking near impossible. I have this same Jedi squad... Barriss lead, QGJ, Consular, Lumi, Koth.... and I kept retreating until I got the Barriss/Koth tandem with Yoda. It truly worked. First try. Thank you, Sysy, for the asyst. ;)

Go get your 7* Yoda, everyone... it is doable even with him level 90, gold mat, and max omega!

Oh I get it! If I don't have Barriss, I just need to get her to beat yoda. Why didn't I think of that? (roll my eyes)

Yeah, exactly. Perhaps it should be renamed the Barriss challenge.
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com
  • wanosd
    1 posts Member
    Options
    I beat it after about 6 goes. He had Anakin and Bariss with him. Anakin went down easy. Bariss was a bit tougher but she took out some of Yodas health for me.

My team was Bariss, QGJ, Lumi, Ashoka, JKG at levels 76, 78,77,75,75. All at gear level 8 and one slot away from 9
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    From my guild L75 gear Viii can do it with a Barris, QG,Lumi, Eeth, X

With X being mace, Ashoka or JC
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    Glad I'm not the only one have difficult time. Lvl 78, Barris(L) QGJ, Ahsoka, Lumi, JC, all gear VIII, except QGJ gear IX

Barriss will not help you. Yoda hits for MASSIVE damage all you are doing is prolonging the experience. Make Lumi lead so she can heal and evade.

You need ALL Jedi at max Ability (that are participating) and Barris can be healer but not lead. Try QGJ in the lead to get more hits. I ignored the adds, and it worked for me.
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I beat 6* yoda easily, after I adjusted things.
    -Use Lumi as Leader, you get the evasion and a heal every turn that yoda can't steal
    -Don't use specials when he has foresight. Duh.
    -Most times you have to burn an attack to use foresight, then you can attack.

It's just like anything in life. You need to formulate a strategy. And you have to earn it.

I beat 6* Yoda with 75 Ben7*, 75 Lumi7*, 75 QGJ6*, 70 JC7* and 63 Koth6* all gear VIII

Pull up your boot straps.

You beat 6star Yoda with a team that would have crushed the 7 star yoda last month. That's why people are angry.

It's a slap in the face to everyone that either hasn't been playing since the beginning or don't drop $1000s on the game.
  • Options
    No reason to be mad at people who did it before and no reason to be mad at the devs. Think about the precedent they would be setting if they did not level Yoda up accordingly. If they didn't level Yoda up, they could lose some potential money on the next event from people rushing to get the right characters. If people saw that Yoda wasn't leveled up and if they were willing to wait the event would be easier, some people who would have impulse bought crystals or packs for the event wouldn't. This game gets non-whales to spend money by catering to impulse buyers and hoping to get people into thinking that they can't wait. Not leveling Yoda would have ruined that whole illusion that people can't wait.
  • Pocobor
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thought I doing pretty good on 7*. I killed both Guards, and was starting on Yoda next. Then he one shots 2 of my guys. :(
  • Groden
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Finished 7* after a few tries, not very difficult but I had to think through and plan the skills I used and when. I used lvl78 toons with 1 omega skill and that was quigon basic. You really need Max gear and skills but raidgear not necessary.
    Mace L, Ahsoka, lumi, jc, quigon.

Now we have protection so you won't get 1 hit so I went for dmg and focused on Yoda only. I even had quigon give offenseup when Yoda's buffsteal was on CD.
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Doga wrote: »
    I got him into the red once but that was the nearest I got, it's not impossible but I'm not sitting here for humours on end with my family wondering how long I'll be before I spend some time with them fighting for something that really shouldn't be made this hard. We're not all jobless or kids about to have the weekend off for trying 800 times. You p ricks obviously don't think some of us have jobs to keep.
    Fair play to the people to the people that got it done, you were probably more fortunate than you realised, but don't go ranting to others about how it's not that hard because you did it and others aren't getting a favourable RNG to achieve it. I have neither the time nor the patience to attempt something that shouldn't have been made this tricky to attain. I am P2P but if hare brained schemes like this continue then I'll be one of an exodus for sure

+1

Just retreat until you get wet noodle adds.I'm not sitting for hours to complete this event but I make sure I do everything I can on my end and hope rng is with me. Didnt even kill both adds before i did yoda, in fact eeth was still standing at full hp after barriss and yoda was done.
  • Asavanor
    197 posts Member
    Options
    Getting Yoda to seven stars was the only thing keeping me playing this broken and boring game. Now the time arrives and he is impossible. If this isn't fixed before this event ends I will be uninstalling this horrific game that used to be quite fun.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    thorkhas wrote: »
    Yeah ! Finally got him !
    It's the same technique as before really : just retreat until you have a team with barriss.
    Put the other jedi to midlife (ideally just before they turn yellow) then barriss. Then put em both to yellow.
    Barriss will equalize health bars... hence lowering yoda's.

So much for fixing the exploit... I did it brute force, and you killed adds first. I did not.. well done.

• Options
    I have spent every moment of the last hour and a half trying to beat Yoda at tier 7 with a full lvl 77 team of Luminara (leader for evasion boost), Qui Gon, Eeth Koth, Jedi Consular, and Plo Koon. My total power is 30,622 and I have spent the last two months building this team to beat the yoda event. Now it's finally here and EA has made it virtually impossible to beat. This event should be tinkered with to make it possible. I understand it needs to be difficult but every player in my guild is in the same boat right now and we can't beat it. There needs to be a fix, this is ridiculous!
  • Options
    Considering that the level and gear don't seem to apply the same to special PvE versions of toons as they do to what we can unlock, it's hard to say whether or not the difficulty was adjusted just by looking at that. They seem to just give them whatever stats they want and then make up the level and gear part.

Right now it seems super RNG dependent just like it did before. Some get lucky and beat him right away but others need many attempts. That makes it very hard to judge the actual difficulty without knowing the average number of attempts needed for the same squad from event to event.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    Options
    wisenuts wrote: »
    i just one shot yoda with rey. guys com'on it's not that tuff

Nice try TROLL, you need Jedi to Yoda event.

• Options
    Sounds pretty bad, they shouldnt have pushed it that far since the cap isnteven at 90 yet.
    Last time when cap was still 70 there wasnt much challenge to it and i got my yoda, but it isnt right to make it from easy to unbeatable, like seriously wte were you thinking?
    Just keep making noise and they'll have to come around its not like yoda is a must have but i've been enjoying mine for months so im happy to support you who dont to be able to get him. :/
  • Ourmilo
    12 posts Member
    Options
    During first 2 yoda events final yoda was lvl 50 hes lvl 90 now. Not one person has been able to take him down in this new event.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I had no problem taking down yoda today so all of these posts are slightly confusing. I heard some people attempted to defeat yoda in 100 tries with no success last go so I was dreading it. On my 3rd attempt I faced Yoda, Anakin, and Plo Koon and easily beat them with the following team:
    1) Lumi (Lead) lvl 71 gear 8
    2) QGJ lvl 73 gear 8
    3) Ahsoka lvl 70 gear 8
    4) JC lvl 68 gear 8
    5) Old Ben lvl 72 gear 9

Not sure if you're trolling or had some sort of weird glitch in the system. There's no way a team of that level would be able to come close to being 7* Yoda from what I've experienced after several attempts.

A couple of attempts and you're an expert? Hahahahahahaha. Get real kid. When you've spent 3 hours of non-stop attempts you may be able to make a legitimate claim.

I don't need multiple hours of playing to see how hard he hits and how hard my toons hit back. The same toons that are as much as 10 levels below mine beating him on the same difficulty seems like a bogus claim or a glitch in the system.

Not trying to rub it in your face but it is possible to do without maxed out toons. Perhaps I was just extremely lucky.

I had:

Barriss (L) 66 g8 7,6,6,6
    QGJ 76 g9 Max,7,7,Max
    Lumi 76 g8 7,7,7,4
    JC 67 g8 6,6,6
    Ahsoka 66 g8 7,6,6,6
This discussion has been closed.