How good is anakin?

Prev134
Is he bad? People said he hits low but he does have a lot of health. Is he like a jedi Savage?

Replies

• Options
    He's pretty bad. I mean, he killed all those younglings!
  • Suikoden
    111 posts Member
    Options
    He is weak now. Before his change, you could have teams kill one of your members and he smoke the next one he hits ala Rey.

If they're not going to increase his damage, they should at least make the buff immunity trigger 75% of the time to compensate his uselessness.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    He does a lot of good debuffs, but hits pretty weak. He does get OU when a friend dies, but with all the Jedi hate rolling around I think he is more of a liability. He is pure damage, and doesn't really add a support/debuff role like QGJ does. He also doesnt help keep people alive or spread buffs via your team.

He is great on a jedi-only team, but QGJ/Yoda fill their roles and any more jedi (even good/subpar ones) will just draw jedi-hate your way.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    /facepalm

Please dont call Anakin useless, it hurts his feelings and is not true.

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

His HP and Protection are high-moderate.

His damage is high for a Jedi, just low compared to other subgroups.

He is the ONLY LS Heal blocker. (Buff blocker too?)

His leadership is useful when raiding.

I think it may have been an oversight that his damage was drastically reduced, but his Unique was not adjusted to compensate. I feel it could be doubled.
  • Options
    What about this team. Ima gun di lead, Asoka, anakin, mace, Luminara? I just like to stay rank 70-99. Or instead of mace qui gon.
  • Options
    It's good but I'd go with QGJ instead of Mace, just for the speed factor. No Yoda?
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    He's bad. Was good before Valentines, then Love got in the way. (Bwahahaha)
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    He used to be viable in some more situations, but now after the update he seems to hit more like a wet noodle. With all the dodging/protection, his AOE and "normal 50% extra hit on someones death" aren't reliable. His heal/buff block is great, but when you want it to work strategically - it won't. I consider it an extra blessing, but it doesn't happen enough to expect it.
    That being said, his heal/buff block on the Yoda challenge hit Yoda first round and rendered him useless (yoda couldn't gain or give out any buffs - killed him easy round 7*.) Heal/buff block on Raid Pigs as well is very good when it does land.
    I used to have him in my arena team and he was decent, but I really see more from my 4* Aayla than my 7* Anakin after the update - and don't use him for GW since my plan is NOT to have any of my people die.

For the "chosen one," he just doesn't have that spark that you would expect.
    He's pretty bad. I mean, he killed all those younglings!

LoL!
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Timitock wrote: »
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

I think it may have been an oversight that his damage was drastically reduced, but his Unique was not adjusted to compensate. I feel it could be doubled.

This comment has been removed for violation of Terms of Service/http://www.ea.com/terms-of-service

@ItsJarJarBinkz
    If you do an Ima lead, I can guarentee you will be targeted. An all jedi team will draw aggro from Dooku+Sid teams, and Sid will just dodge your entire team. I would advise against using them as a full team.

However, if you must use Jedi:
    QGJ is a far superior lead.
    While you may think counters are great, they are immediatly stopped by ST Han who will feed his team TM.
    QGJ will let your Jedi go first, offering you the biggest chance to knock out a threat incredibly quicklt. I would replace Mace with Yoda, since Yoda adds CC prevention (required against Dooku teams) as well as good buffing and debuffing abilities. Same for QGJ.

I've fought a few Ima leads, but then never again. The counters really just don't help anymore in this no-counter on assists/taunter/stealth environment.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • orange12
    53 posts Member
    Options
    If you look at Anakin on paper over at SWGOH Cantina, he's a top 25% toon in damage and speed. As an attacker, his DPS on his basic isn't bad and it carries a heal and buff immunity debuff.

But that's where the pluses end. He's a slow toon to farm, his AOE special is weak on damage and the offense up is really hard to trigger, and his unique doesn't really make him any more dangerous. Also, he works against you in the Yoda event because his basic carries a debuff that, more often than not, will be blocked by Yoda and only serve to grant him more TM.

I have him and I stopped farming him after getting him to 5* and G7. He's an average toon who is too hard to farm for his worth. Maybe one day, they'll change up his abilities and make him useful but I wouldn't recommend him right now.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

Dont listen to Timi the Turtle. Ignore all Timi the Turtle posts.

@ItsJarJarBinkz
    If you do an Ima lead, I can guarentee you will be targeted. An all jedi team will draw aggro from Dooku+Sid teams, and Sid will just dodge your entire team. I would advise against using them as a full team.

While you may think counters are great, they are immediatly stopped by ST Han who will feed his team TM.
    QGJ will let your Jedi go first, offering you the biggest chance to knock out a threat incredibly quicklt. I would replace Mace with Yoda, since Yoda adds CC prevention (required against Dooku teams) as well as good buffing and debuffing abilities. Same for QGJ.

I've fought a few Ima leads, but then never again. The counters really just don't help anymore in this no-counter on assists/taunter/stealth environment.

This guy dont know Jedi.

Speed teams (ie QGJ led Jedi) are now considered easy Arena pickings.
    You will find good targets for it on offense, but on Defense it will suffer.
    Old Ben is the New Hotness on lead, QGJ plays second fiddle.

IGD team will do very well vs Rancor, but will suffer on defense in Arena because people will want to fight it. On offense it will be handy vs Sid, Phasma, etc. with AoEs.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    /facepalm

Eh? I don't find this to be true.
    Certainly among Jedi I have, his damage is one of the worst.

I have Ashoka, QGJ, Anakin, Lumi, JC, Mace & Yoda all 7 starred, level 75+, ability 7, gear 8/9 and Anakin seems to have the worst damage of the bunch. Maybe better than JC, but that is it....
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Is he bad? People said he hits low but he does have a lot of health. Is he like a jedi Savage?

No, he's not even that good. Savage's killing blow will actually kill somebody, with Smite even if the character(s) are in the red that doesn't mean you'll kill them. Anakin needs a pretty decent damage buff for sure, 25% would not be unrealistic I don't think.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    /facepalm

Eh? I don't find this to be true.
    Certainly among Jedi I have, his damage is one of the worst.

I have Ashoka, QGJ, Anakin, Lumi, JC, Mace & Yoda all 7 starred, level 75+, ability 7, gear 8/9 and Anakin seems to have the worst damage of the bunch. Maybe better than JC, but that is it....

Um, there are 7 more Jedi, and you just stated that one you listed would be less damage...
    ...it could also be argued that every time you heal with Luminara or buff with Yoda, it reduces their damage. Also consider that 1500 damage to a single target is not much, but in an AoE vs 5 targets it is 7500 damage. Few other Jedi have an AoE that deals damage.

Putting Anakin at #4-#6 of 15, so... as I said, high for a Jedi.
  • Options
    Um, there are 7 more Jedi, and you just stated that one you listed would be less damage...
    ...it could also be argued that every time you heal with Luminara or buff with Yoda, it reduces their damage. Also consider that 1500 damage to a single target is not much, but in an AoE vs 5 targets it is 7500 damage. Few other Jedi have an AoE that deals damage.

I doubt he's even 4-6. Ayala, IGD, and Fisto all seem to have better damage than him when fighting them.

I'll grant he does more than Ben & Barris.

Point taken on AOE, but even that skill is overall very weak. More than half of the time it won't even take out characters already in red.

• Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

I doubt he's even 4-6. Ayala, IGD, and Fisto all seem to have better damage than him when fighting them.

I'll grant he does more than Ben & Barris.

Point taken on AOE, but even that skill is overall very weak. More than half of the time it won't even take out characters already in red.

Kit? Ok, you got me, good troll. Also, Kit and Aayla are chromium only, so not entirely fair comparisons. IGD damage IS comparable, but we are really nitpicking at that point.

In the end, your perception is your reality.
  • Options

Kit? Ok, you got me, good troll.

*shrug* His individual attacks are weaker than Anakin, but he attacks much more frequently so it adds up.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options

*shrug* His individual attacks are weaker than Anakin, but he attacks much more frequently so it adds up.

So Anakin is on par with Kit...
  • Options

Sure. Neither one are really worth using. Well actually Kit could be decent on a IGD counter team...
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Sure. Neither one are really worth using. Well actually Kit could be decent on a IGD counter team...

Yes. I've seen some cool videos from a guy that had IGD lead with Kit & Aayla; it's pretty effective, unfortunately Chromium only. I think Aayla made the team though because I asked him to pull her out and do a couple arena and the team fell apart.
  • int3ns1fy
    210 posts Member
    Options
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? Anakin most certainly IS useless. His damage is high for a Jedi? lol! His damage output is TERRIBLE. My 6* JC does more damage than my 5* Anakin does.

I guess there's always someone who feels the need to defend the indefensible, but honestly...Anakin is one of the worst toons in this game.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Anakin is bad. Even at g11 he is bad. You've got one person, being who he is and doing what he's known for, defending him; while everyone else says he's bad. Farm at your own risk in the hopes that he becomes better.
  • Options
    Anakin is terrible and I have no idea why the chosen one is so terrible in this game. It really makes me mad. I have him 7 star gear 8 or 9 level 75. He's actually a liability in the Yoda event. Which makes no sense whatsoever especially considering they sell a Jedi pack with him in it for the Yoda event.

Just terribly flawed as a useful character. This one where I think they should be ashamed that a droid and a bug are far more powerful than Anakin Skywalker.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    The Jedi are my favorite and Anakin is my favorite character and I have to admit that he sucks. His damage is bad and his kit needs a tweak
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Farm at your own risk in the hopes that he becomes better.

That about sums up why I farmed him. Like the character in Star Wars and hoping he becomes useful someday....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

@ItsJarJarBinkz

This guy dont know Jedi.

IGD team will do very well vs Rancor, but will suffer on defense in Arena because people will want to fight it. On offense it will be handy vs Sid, Phasma, etc. with AoEs.

This guy didnt read my post. I said "if you must use jedi." Because they are bad in general due to all the jedi hate.

Turtles are kind of slow, though.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    int3ns1fy wrote: »
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

Can I have some of what you're smoking? Anakin most certainly IS useless. His damage is high for a Jedi? lol! His damage output is TERRIBLE. My 6* JC does more damage than my 5* Anakin does.

I guess there's always someone who feels the need to defend the indefensible, but honestly...Anakin is one of the worst toons in this game.

You are exaggerating, and it isnt necessary.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    /facepalm

He is 3rd fastest Jedi.

@ItsJarJarBinkz

This guy dont know Jedi.

This guy didnt read my post. I said "if you must use jedi." Because they are bad in general due to all the jedi hate.

You mean all the Jedi hate that doesnt exist because lots of people play Jedi? What are you talking about?

Also my top 10 Jedi team disagrees with you.
  • Options

Also my top 10 Jedi team disagrees with you.

Any team that is geared well can win on offense, Jedi included. That said, I'm amazed you are able to keep top 10 with Jedi (all Jedi? No Taunt?) given that Dooku leads still seem to account for 25% + of the servers. I certainly would target any team without a taunt. What do you run?