The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Thrawn (L) Krennic Death ShorT. Was Vader good at this team? I think with good because he puts a lot of debuffs and so a big bonus for Krennic and DeathT
  • Gawejn
    1108 posts Member
    Options
    Hango wrote: »
    Thrawn (L) Krennic Death ShorT. Was Vader good at this team? I think with good because he puts a lot of debuffs and so a big bonus for Krennic and DeathT

Not so good:(.
  • Options
    My current team is Thawn (L) EP TFP Vader ShoreT. But I'm finished the DeathT and Krennic farms, but I do not know who the fifth, Vader or StormT
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    That zeta on Stormtrooper is a strange one. I'd avoid it.

Using the notion that stormtroopers were in large squads similar to the horde of NS zombies, and giving a more offensive focus, I'd rework his zeta to essentially incorporate MT's and General Veers without the revive bonus.

"Stormtrooper gains 40% Defense for each living Empire ally. When Stormtrooper uses a Basic ability during its turn, all defeated imperial trooper allies are Revived with 50% Health and Called to assist, dealing 40% less damage. Then the Revived allies are immediately defeated.

While Stormtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Defense."

This would potentially change the kill order of the imperial trooper lineup allowing for a scary platoon of troopers bearing down on counter happy Raid Han and all of his rebel scūm. (Admittedly without being able to revive any trooper comrades, an opposing rebel squad is likely to kill him off before he could get a shot in if he was 1v4 or 5.)

stormtroopers-animated-gif-6.gif
  • Options
    Are any of the new characters arena viable? Do any of them lead to new arena viable team compositions?
  • Options
    Are any of the new characters arena viable? Do any of them lead to new arena viable team compositions?

Bit early to say!!??

The driod might make Emp Palpatine a bit easier to run. Thrawn gives Palp turn meter. Palp uses let the hate flow. Driod blows up one of the enemy team.
  • Options
    Jermunji wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    That zeta on Stormtrooper is a strange one. I'd avoid it.

Using the notion that stormtroopers were in large squads similar to the horde of NS zombies, and giving a more offensive focus, I'd rework his zeta to essentially incorporate MT's and General Veers without the revive bonus.

"Stormtrooper gains 40% Defense for each living Empire ally. When Stormtrooper uses a Basic ability during its turn, all defeated imperial trooper allies are Revived with 50% Health and Called to assist, dealing 40% less damage. Then the Revived allies are immediately defeated.

While Stormtrooper is active, Imperial Trooper allies have +30% Defense."

This would potentially change the kill order of the imperial trooper lineup allowing for a scary platoon of troopers bearing down on counter happy Raid Han and all of his rebel scūm. (Admittedly without being able to revive any trooper comrades, an opposing rebel squad is likely to kill him off before he could get a shot in if he was 1v4 or 5.)

stormtroopers-animated-gif-6.gif

I like this idea, but instead, have the basic make copies of your stormtrooper in the spots that are vacant. It makes sense more stormtrooper Would appear.
  • Options
    I am hoping Colonel Starck is good because we are going to need a ton of troopers for platoons
  • Options
    With Dark Side Territory Battles coming, I need to start working on my Empire roster. I'm at a total loss as to who I should be gearing up, how I should assemble squads, who I should be farming, etc. Here's my Empire roster, and if anyone has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it:

https://swgoh.gg/u/moroveus/collection/?f=empire
  • Options
    Moroveus wrote: »
    With Dark Side Territory Battles coming, I need to start working on my Empire roster. I'm at a total loss as to who I should be gearing up, how I should assemble squads, who I should be farming, etc. Here's my Empire roster, and if anyone has any tips, I would greatly appreciate it:

https://swgoh.gg/u/moroveus/collection/?f=empire

Personally I would work on gearing your Thrawn and Shoretrooper but Death Trooper might be a good idea as well.
  • Options
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    I am hoping Colonel Starck is good because we are going to need a ton of troopers for platoons

He seems better than magma at least
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I managed to get Storm to G12 yesterday, let's see how that works out. Deathtrooper and his 99 shards are next, plus G12 for him.

Is a 4 star Krennic better than a 7 star Tarkin if both are G11?
  • Options
    I think wampa can replace krennic in the meta empire squad to possibly replace CLS in the meta
  • Options
    Is a 4 star Krennic better than a 7 star Tarkin if both are G11?

No. Tarkin is really good. I don't know why people here discount him. His AoE, fast speed + solid damage, and guaranteed debuffs are awesome in the Arena.

I have 7* G12 Tarkin and Krennic; Tarkin is just better. More flexibility, less squishy.

• Options
    swankerme wrote: »
    No. Tarkin is really good. I don't know why people here discount him. His AoE, fast speed + solid damage, and guaranteed debuffs are awesome in the Arena.

I have 7* G12 Tarkin and Krennic; Tarkin is just better. More flexibility, less squishy.

It's personal preference. Tarkin works very well against a rebel-heavy team, really hamstrings them. I like Krennic a bit more since he can bring DT back if he happens to get killed, and you are afforded a lot more control in the battle with his second special. You can certainly run either and be more than successful.
  • Options
    Is anyone thinking of not using Death Trooper in the Imperial Trooper nodes? Not being able to use Krennic takes away so much of his synergy it would be like being able to use Chirrut but not Baze in the R1 nodes. Then you can use a fully powered up DT with Krennic in another battle.

Other option would be to give Krennic an IT tag or just make him usuable in the nodes without the tag
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    What’s the take on probe droid?
  • Jermunji
    108 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    What’s the take on probe droid?

Death on command.

I like him. target lock looks good for GK, and then the self destruct is just nasty
  • Options
    Does starck replace anyone in the thrawn, dt, sht, st, dk team? Im close to this team just need a little more work on dk and dt. Or should i switch to working on starck?
  • Options
    So I'm nowhere close to being able to unlock DeathT or ShoreT but what do all the empire experts think of this team?

Thrawn (L)
    Tarkin
    Palpy
    StormT
    Ezra?
  • Options
    Doesn't look good on paper. Palpatine is way too squishy until you get him to G12 with the 3 pieces, Ezra weakens Stormtrooper's defense and without a 2nd tank CLS will mow you down.
  • Options
    Doesn't look good on paper. Palpatine is way too squishy until you get him to G12 with the 3 pieces, Ezra weakens Stormtrooper's defense and without a 2nd tank CLS will mow you down.

Or... Possibly put MagmaT in the place of Ezra that way it's full Emp and Storm gets that extra defense?
  • Options

Or... Possibly put MagmaT in the place of Ezra that way it's full Emp and Storm gets that extra defense?

Veers would be very good or Snow. Magma I dont use so I dont know
  • Options
    Shore really is key... But until then... I did ok using zOpress in that lineup. I also use tfp... He's a liability but brings a lot to the table (tbf mine hides behind sht and st). Vader can work. Lot more hp. Wouldnt farm him just for this but if you already got him...

Btw this isn't a top 50 team, but might work better than what you have.
  • Options
    I put zeta on Thrawn lead. I must admit that zetas gift was big gift for me. I couldnt wait any longer. And Krennic is in Guild Event Store. :)
  • Noktarn
    401 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Been getting rank 1 on mega vet whale shard.
    I have two videos on youtube with the team.

TFP is swappable with Darth Nihlus. Usually go with DN, especially against barris.

Tarkin can score 22k critical AOE hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4luqnJYuywU&t=74s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cAWaLz_Ok
  • Options
    Nice! Was sure i was gonna get ripped for suggesting tfp.
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    Been getting rank 1 on mega vet whale shard.
    I have two videos on youtube with the team.

TFP is swappable with Darth Nihlus. Usually go with DN, especially against barris.

Tarkin can score 22k critical AOE hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4luqnJYuywU&t=74s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cAWaLz_Ok

Do you find TFP to be better than DT?
  • Options
    I used to run g12 DT. Dispel is nice but the team lacks damage. The death mark gets dispelled alllll the time. TFP can cause buff immunity which shuts down GK and R2 buffs. I have tfp try to go after Tarkin has Debuffed the whole team so tfp gets those mad buffs. The key really is Tarkin - he is constantly bebuffing all thectevels. I have a 4 Star probe droid I wanna try and put in- but so far not sure how to trigger the health loss so he can blow CLS or Barris off in time. Palpy is so weak and suuuuper slow. Ganna get him g12 eventually to try it. Ofc the Ai won’t first turn health leech
  • Options
    Noktarn wrote: »
    I used to run g12 DT. Dispel is nice but the team lacks damage. The death mark gets dispelled alllll the time. TFP can cause buff immunity which shuts down GK and R2 buffs. I have tfp try to go after Tarkin has Debuffed the whole team so tfp gets those mad buffs. The key really is Tarkin - he is constantly bebuffing all thectevels. I have a 4 Star probe droid I wanna try and put in- but so far not sure how to trigger the health loss so he can blow CLS or Barris off in time. Palpy is so weak and suuuuper slow. Ganna get him g12 eventually to try it. Ofc the Ai won’t first turn health leech

Tfp is soo fast. Didnt consider making him go after tarkin.