The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Nice team. I was thinking tha tfp will be deafeted by han in first round but tfp can survive that. So tfp is very fast, nice dmg. So did you use DT with Krenic or with Tarkin? Couse I play Dt krenic duo and in fact boost in dmg would be good. Especially against Cls kenobi. I can beat them without problems but it is slower than fights on your vids.
  • Options
    hey

Not sure if buried in this thread somewhere but is GMTs unique worth zetaing?

I runn zzthrawn lead, zdt, zdk (leader only so not used now) shore and gmt, all g12 except shore, whos 6* and g11 (such a slow farm aiaiai!)

many thanks
  • Thor_Odinson1
    1995 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    thee_pdx wrote: »
    hey

I runn zzthrawn lead, zdt, zdk (leader only so not used now) shore and gmt, all g12 except shore, whos 6* and g11 (such a slow farm aiaiai!)

many thanks

Any toon you use in arena is worth considering for a zeta investment unless you plan to replace them.

Tarkin will be very good for DS TB as well with his mass debuffs and TM removal, so I would consider his UA for sure.
  • Options
    Tarkin's unique zeta makes him pretty durable too. Not the greatest zeta out there maybe, but worth it in an Empire team versus the current Rebel meta.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    hey

many thanks

He's part of my team with no zeta. He's already good enough without the zeta on his unique. Tarkin has a potency of 81%, so +81% defense for my toon. Add the +50% potency from potency up and it's +130% defense. I think his zeta is not necessary, I can regularly rank 1 without it.
  • Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »
    ep will be a weak link on defense, he'll get stunned by zolo and maybe killed at the start.
    even with the medpac, his main problem is the armor (lowest in the game).

All depends on what setup you use him in and how he's protected. You left him pretty naked there with no CD immunity and no taunts up.

That was not my team, a friend posted it and I linked that video to show that even a 60k health/protection ep will be one shot (double shot) by zolo, I was not discussing strategies or different comps.
    Nebulous wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »
    ep will be a weak link on defense, he'll get stunned by zolo and maybe killed at the start.
    even with the medpac, his main problem is the armor (lowest in the game).

This is false. My ep has over 61k hp/protection. He isn't going to lose 100% protection let alone ko by opening han salvo. Thrawn will GAC ep, restore his protection, cleanse his stun and allow the opening aoe stun. It's a legit setup.

health doesn't matter with low defense, I always see zolo hitting my storm with 4k crits that's because of his high defense, ep doesn't have that , even with 60k hp/protection he can be double shot by zolo.
    watch this video, look at 1:20 you'll see zolo hitting ep with 33k and 29k shots:

https://youtu.be/BicM_xdyQ7A

Tl:DR, use gk with ep or risk getting crit to death.

Maybe you're right, but the question first was if ep is viable in a full empire squad.

He'd still be vi
    BulYwif wrote: »
    hey

many thanks

He's part of my team with no zeta. He's already good enough without the zeta on his unique. Tarkin has a potency of 81%, so +81% defense for my toon. Add the +50% potency from potency up and it's +130% defense. I think his zeta is not necessary, I can regularly rank 1 without it.

I agree - used Tarkin a lot after his initial update and he's great without it. Unless you're swimming in zetas and have all other key zetas in place, I'd hold on on GMT zeta.
  • Options
    Hoo boy. This Imperial Retaliation won't be a walk in the park. Granted, most of my DS toons are undergeared but still. Hoth soldier Stuns on a crit, shoots, crits again, etc. My whole team got locked down. It was a massacre.

Oh and platoons eat up way too many toons, even at 2* - what will happen later? I only have a handful of 5, 6, 7* toons.
  • Options
    I put a zeta on StormTrooper. Its a good zeta only for arena. I was in a fight once and lost all my characters Storm had full health half protection killed 2 out of 3 guys only CLS killed him. Its a back up plan what if he gets dispelled from taunt and you lose a person he picks up the slack. He is the hardest hitting tank in the game. I have my StormTrooper Gear 12 once i put the bayonet on him his zeta will really shine and i will win more matches in arena. One more thing his basic has high damage variance so with that and all the offence you do the math. In that match it was a one shot kill i was amazed at that.
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    I put a zeta on StormTrooper. Its a good zeta only for arena. I was in a fight once and lost all my characters Storm had full health half protection killed 2 out of 3 guys only CLS killed him. Its a back up plan what if he gets dispelled from taunt and you lose a person he picks up the slack. He is the hardest hitting tank in the game. I have my StormTrooper Gear 12 once i put the bayonet on him his zeta will really shine and i will win more matches in arena. One more thing his basic has high damage variance so with that and all the offence you do the math. In that match it was a one shot kill i was amazed at that.
    Nice:), but he didnt win yes? I still think that his zeta is only useful when all allies are dead which is nonsense or zero sense. He wont kill CLS regardless of his zeta. (There is one tank in game without taunt who hits muche more than Storm - Zeb and he could ko Cls). I would love to have zeta on Storm that could be usefull during fight with allies alive. His zeta is like Talia sacrifice to heal others - everyone must be dead than Storm could be a hero and save the day(he is just great tank, but should be only tank). Also there is a problem with Storm when his allies are dead, he has no more defense buff so against more than one enemy he will absorb normal probably huge dmg. So his zeta is just fantasy to work.
    I allready asked devs for rework of his zeta.
  • Options
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    This is awesome!

@Noktarn your probe at 4* can eliminate a full hp toon? Curious how it works if not fully maxed.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    This is awesome!

@Noktarn your probe at 4* can eliminate a full hp toon? Curious how it works if not fully maxed.

I'm pretty sure it does the same at any level and star because it says "massive damage" which always means instant K.O. It also does the damage to the others, because it says 30% of their max health.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    It does my g11, 4* Probe killed many maxed CLS toons and works fine without Kamikaze too.

Currently ran zzThrawn, zDT, DK, Shore, zIPD at top Arena. Sadly g12 Storm was cutted but now i dont need to switch DN or Tarkin in for some fights.
  • Options
    Oh i have no problem wit h DSTB i get 4 out of 4 all rounds. Veers and Imperial Troopers. Zader and my Empire for other battle my bounty hunters suck tho gotta work on them.
  • Options
    @TheDarthKnight thanks!

@MD_Geist I though Probe needed some buff. So, if u use TM swap from Thrawn at the start, Probe will annihilate right on?

• Options
    @TheDarthKnight thanks!

@MD_Geist I though Probe needed some buff. So, if u use TM swap from Thrawn at the start, Probe will annihilate right on?

Probe needs Palp for this and yes it works but AI will not do it on defense.
  • Options
    @MD_Geist yes saw some videos, on defense is diferent. Sorry didn't understand properly, so Probe needs offensive up from Palp to work? For example, Probe can't kill right off the bat?
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @MD_Geist yes saw some videos, on defense is diferent. Sorry didn't understand properly, so Probe needs offensive up from Palp to work? For example, Probe can't kill right off the bat?

The probe needs to be at less than 100% health to be able to self destruct. Palps deals 5% health dmg to everyone, that is why probe needs him. Next time you might try to read the ability description ;)

Edit since apparently new oreo emoticons are not supported
    Res non verba
  • Options
    I don't know if anyone saw this, but this thread seems the best place for the post.
    It lists all the types of imperial troopers there have ever been, to give people ideas for future trooper types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VifTDgd13Bw
  • Options
    Checked .gg for Probe ability description and realized that in game they translated wrongly to my native language, missing "full health" that's why didn't understand. Thanks.
  • Options
    hey all thanks for replies, sorry not been on for a few days.

still not sure. got 43 zetas so in theory it cant hurt, but lots of new toons coming, plus ive started getting veers up to scratch too.

cheers
  • EldMapat
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wmhb8LvFKA
    zzThrawn, zVeers, Starck, shore, and storm

I saw this in another post and thought it was interesting
  • Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    i have problem with Krum lead FO team. I cant beat them with empire. Thrawn lead Storm Shore Dt Krenic is my team. I dont have a clue how to make it. Any help or advice would be good.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »
    i have problem with Krum lead FO team. I cant beat them with empire. Thrawn lead Storm Shore Dt Krenic is my team. I dont have a clue how to make it. Any help or advice would be good.

I believe you mean a Matt FO team. Also, I haven't seen any in arena, so I don't know how to yet.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I know Wampa isn't empire but he obviously is a perfect fit under Zader lead. Anyone have any intentions of using him in one? I was thinking

Zader (L), Wampa, Thrawn, Shore, Storm

or

Zader (L), Wampa, Thrawn, EP, IPD

Thoughts?
  • Options
    The 1st one seems more reliable. CLS is a troll toon, I am fairly certain of that by now.
  • Options
    Zader (L), Wampa, Thrawn, Shore, Storm
    I was considering this. Maybe with DT instead of Storm for the AOE dispell. He also benefits from Wampa's Daze. I'm not sure if the extra damage for Wampa makes up for having Vader on the team, though. So I haven't given him this zeta, yet.
  • Options
    greetings all

got my shore to 7* and gx12 this weekend, mother of all farms! was saving all the gear until i 7*d him

hes got (had) 122k hp and prot. insane.

on this basis, i decided to change a prot arrow to speed arrow, ill see how it goes. i also added the zeta to tarkins unique, figured why not as i had 43 and no one else really to give it to. hes definitely tankier and his aoe hits harder but you were right, its not generally that exciting.

so cheers all for your help!
    cheers
  • Options
    Yo question......Is Starck worth a ****? if so whats the group application you all would use?