The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Thanks so much everyone! I've still got a lot to think about with this one....I'd REALLY like to have a Gar(L) team..with lots of counter-attacks and multiple shots. But I do see the flaws..even if I do have a tank it'd be the one taking all the enemy hits, counter-attacking yes, but I want DT, Krennic, and ISC counter-attacking as well since they've got strong(er) basic attacks..
    This might be better as just a GW team : / for now. I'll play around with it.

Thanks again! : )
  • Options
    Stormtrooper zeta! In NOLA can't theory craft right now. Look forward to all the reading here tomorrow.
  • Iffy
    55 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    @Aero Looks like you were right, Tie Pilot didn't get a trooper tag.
    Stormtrooper zeta! In NOLA can't theory craft right now. Look forward to all the reading here tomorrow.

Stormtrooper gains 40% Offense for each defeated Empire ally

His Zeta seems really interesting and could be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure if the additional defense will help him survive long enough since his protection stat is pretty low.
  • Options
    Oww this update, troopers sharing unique, sinergy looks amazing now!!
  • Options
    Now I don't know who should be in the team :D
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    Iffy wrote: »

His Zeta seems really interesting and could be a lot of fun, though I'm not sure if the additional defense will help him survive long enough since his protection stat is pretty low.

He taunts for 3 turns. And not very tanky. I think the only way this works is if you run him with shore and rg probably.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Magmatrooper now has 100% chance to attack a second target, kind of upset it doesn't do any debuffs though. Same with the imploder, was really hoping for a sort of debuff.

Which one to take off the team though? They all seem pretty interesting now. Magmatrooper should stay because that tenacity might be our only hope vs Daze. Shoretrooper as well to survive the initial onslaught. Deathtrooper is the only cleanse so he'll need to be on the team as well. So it's a toss up between Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper for the last spot.
  • Options
    Aero wrote: »
    Magmatrooper now has 100% chance to attack a second target, kind of upset it doesn't do any debuffs though. Same with the imploder, was really hoping for a sort of debuff.

Which one to take off the team though? They all seem pretty interesting now. Magmatrooper should stay because that tenacity might be our only hope vs Daze. Shoretrooper as well to survive the initial onslaught. Deathtrooper is the only cleanse so he'll need to be on the team as well. So it's a toss up between Snowtrooper and Stormtrooper for the last spot.

Think Stormtrooper goes. The TMR is good but he seems too slow for it to be effective. Im thinking, Veers, MT, DT, Snow, Shore. You need MT to prevent Daze as was mentioned. DT is your only debuff. Snows AOE is better now, especially with the crit% from Veers.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Snowtrooper is going to be the last one I get to gear 11 unfortunately, but I agree.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Shore and dt look really great. I do like magma. Not so sure snow and storm are worthy.
  • Options
    Snow gives +20% crit damage to all troopers and his AOE potentially could have a zero turn cool down. He is definitely in. Mine is g11 and crits for 13k with offense up, vader lead (+30% offense), 4 cd mods. I think storm is the one out of the mix.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    They definitely have the tools. Taunts, turn meter gain and removal, AOE dispel. It's just like First Order has all the tools, and I can get 1st in arena with First Order. The difference is they hit like a truck.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    Snow gives +20% crit damage to all troopers and his AOE potentially could have a zero turn cool down. He is definitely in. Mine is g11 and crits for 13k with offense up, vader lead (+30% offense), 4 cd mods. I think storm is the one out of the mix.

That makes sense. Mine still needs 150 stun cuffs to gear 11, but I'm too busy gearing Death Trooper.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Biker_Scout_DICE.png

Imperial_Shock_Trooper_canon.png

Shadow_Trooper_canon.png

Sandtrooper_DICE.png

Imperial_combat_assault_tank_pilot_-_Topps.png

Just saying........

• Options
    One big difference between troopers and FO is the auto taunt of shore. It's easy, on offense, to ability block FOO with TFP which really slows them down.

The most difficult part of troopers, I think, is the initial speed. Snow (118), Death (124), Magma (119), Shore (117) and Veers (137) will need to withstand the initial barrage without suffering too much damage/debuffs. The +20 of Veers's leadership should help a little.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    One big difference between troopers and FO is the auto taunt of shore. It's easy, on offense, to ability block FOO with TFP which really slows them down.

The most difficult part of troopers, I think, is the initial speed. Snow (118), Death (124), Magma (119), Shore (117) and Veers (137) will need to withstand the initial barrage without suffering too much damage/debuffs. The +20 of Veers's leadership should help a little.

I can currently beat Zaul with First Order, and the Rex-GK-DN-Chaze teams are super easy with them as well. If you're saying troopers will be better than that would be great. Really hard to tell until we can try them out.
  • Iffy
    55 posts Member
    Options
    I'd love to have Scout or Sand, when the update hits I think I might stick with TFP in there and do something like Veers(L),Shore, MT, DT, and TFP

If Snow's AOE damage is significantly better it could help out with finishing off people in stealth or hiding behind tanks, though critting the Maul/Rex teams might not be so good since you're giving them free TM.

I think a dual tank team with Shore and Storm could be solid if the extra 200% defense + DEF UP buff turns Storm into a durable wall. If Shore loses taunt, Storm can try to take the heat from the opponent while reducing their TM until Shore can taunt again. He'll also provides a 4th buff for Shore so his Regroup will be off cooldown if he gets dispelled.

Maybe something like Veers(L), Shore, Storm, DT, and MT might work, I might try gearing Storm and see how it goes, hopefully I will not regret it.

He taunts for 3 turns. And not very tanky. I think the only way this works is if you run him with shore and rg probably.

I think I'll give that a try if I put the zeta into Stormtrooper. Thanks!
  • Options

Well, he does gain like 30% defense from EACH empire ally and who knows what they've done with his stats
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I can't decide whether or not to replace shore with Stormtrooper or replace tie pilot with Stormtrooper
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I'd love to have Scout or Sand, when the update hits I think I might stick with TFP in there and do something like Veers(L),Shore, MT, DT, and TFP

If Snow's AOE damage is significantly better it could help out with finishing off people in stealth or hiding behind tanks, though critting the Maul/Rex teams might not be so good since you're giving them free TM.

I think a dual tank team with Shore and Storm could be solid if the extra 200% defense + DEF UP buff turns Storm into a durable wall. If Shore loses taunt, Storm can try to take the heat from the opponent while reducing their TM until Shore can taunt again. He'll also provides a 4th buff for Shore so his Regroup will be off cooldown if he gets dispelled.

Maybe something like Veers(L), Shore, Storm, DT, and MT might work, I might try gearing Storm and see how it goes, hopefully I will not regret it.

I think I'll give that a try if I put the zeta into Stormtrooper. Thanks!

If you run Veers, Shore, RG you'll never kill anybody. No reason for triple tank here.
  • Options
    I can't decide whether or not to replace shore with Stormtrooper or replace tie pilot with Stormtrooper

Need to see how the meta shifts with R2. Wiggs 3.0 is likely and youll need that startof turn taunt to keep Veers alive through the opener.

I dont think Storm is all that great unless they reworked his stats somehow. The offense gain is based on your squad dying, no thanks.
  • Lisker
    69 posts Member
    Options
    I know for sure I will using Veers, Magma, Boba Fett. I wish shoretrooper design was swapped with the hovertank commander from rogue one instead, I really don't like how shoretrooper looks. Also should we use Critical chance mods on snowtrooper now?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    So I looked at how defense affects armor by seeing how a mod affects the stat, and it looks like you just increase armor by whatever percentage defense you get.

For example, my Stormtrooper has 30% armor. From his unique, he gets 230% defense (40%×5 empire Allies + 30% from the sharing part). So his armor becomes 30% × 3.3 = 99% armor.

Now the question becomes, what does 99% armor mean?
    Post edited by Aero on
  • War
    932 posts Member
    Options
    So I looked at how defense affects armor by seeing how a mod affects the stat, and it looks like you just increase armor by whatever percentage defense you get.

For example, my Stormtrooper has 30% armor. From his unique, he gets 230% defense (40%×5 empire Allies + 30% from the sharing part). So his armor becomes 30% × 3.3 = 99% armor.

In a perfect world, 99% less damage from attacks. His zeta might actually come into play if he was unkillable until after dropping his allies, increasing his offense for every ally defeated. I don't think it works that way though.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    War wrote: »

In a perfect world, 99% less damage from attacks. His zeta might actually come into play if he was unkillable until after dropping his allies, increasing his offense for every ally defeated. I don't think it works that way though.

Right, if that means he takes 99% less damage than he is indeed practically unkillable, save Nihilus. And if that's the case, after your kill

1 ally he has 87% armor
    2 allies he has 75% armor
    3 allies he has 63% armor
    4 allies he has 51% armor.

So you'd really prefer to attack him at 51% reduced damage opposed to 99% reduced damage, but then he has +160% damage. So if he can hit for 10k for example, that becomes 26k.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @aero doesn't stormtroopers also get def up when he taunts?

Perhaps the buffs aren't additive. I know it's multiplicative when discussing the def up buff. I'm not sure we know enough quite yet.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think we need to ask is Veers really worth it as lead? The individual troopers help as much as he does, if not more. I think a Zader lead with DT, MT, TFP, and Shore (GK if you have him, might be better). Im thinking about this as, I dont want to drop from 1 to 20+ overnight.

On the other hand, the 30% damage buff from Veers and some of the individual damage buffs could be more significant now. Dunno.. I wont be jumping in to gear and zeta him, need to see what these changes bring before investing so much. Especislly when you consider R2 coming soon and having significant gear and zeta requirements.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    You want to know if Veers is worth it? Consider this:

If Snowtrooper is now like Lando. Except if Snowtrooper ends up killing someone with his special, he can immediately use it again. How so?
    30% turn meter from his own unique.
    50% turn meter from Veers unique
    10% turn meter from Veers lead for getting offense up from Veers unique.
    10% turn meter from Veers lead for getting critical damage up from the special ability.

Seems pretty crazy.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    You want to know if Veers is worth it? Consider this:

If Snowtrooper is now like Lando. Except if Snowtrooper ends up killing someone with his special, he can immediately use it again. How so?
    30% turn meter from his own unique.
    50% turn meter from Veers unique
    10% turn meter from Veers lead for getting offense up from Veers unique.
    10% turn meter from Veers lead for getting critical damage up from the special ability.

Seems pretty crazy.

Too many "if's" there for me to drop a couple zetas and a whole lotta gear. They just seem a little "Phoenix'ish" on paper. Not to mention there is a huge difference jn damage between Lando and Snow.I agree potential is there, especially once that first kill is made because then Deathmark is added to the picture. But getting that first kill while it still matters is key.
  • Options
    So, I just checked and Cody with his lead gets 300% defense, so it should work slightly less than that. It should be more noticeable as Stormtrooper has more that 2 hp :P
    "Because I'm Batman"-me