The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Darken wrote: »
    @Aero How much speed do you get from mods for them bad boys?

+95 on Veers, the rest hang around +70
  • Darken
    12 posts Member
    Options
    Very decent speed. Did you go for crit chance and crit dmg mods? I'm working on my troopers and I need some expert opinion on this matter, and I appreciate any guidelines. :p
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Darken wrote: »
    Very decent speed. Did you go for crit chance and crit dmg mods? I'm working on my troopers and I need some expert opinion on this matter, and I appreciate any guidelines. :p

Take a look

https://swgoh.gg/u/aero--/collection/?f=imperial-trooper

Veers is just as fast as possible, don't care about anything else. Snow I wanted the crit damage set with a crit damage triangle for uber damage, but I needed to find good crit chance secondaries to make it worth it.
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Options
    grSqJHL.jpg
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    xReDeMpx wrote: »
    grSqJHL.jpg

Wow, very cool
  • Options
    @Gaidal_Cain **** that is some serious horsepower and serious speed mods
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain **** that is some serious horsepower and serious speed mods

Really? It's all of my best mods no doubt but I don't even have the fasted mods in my shard.

This double drop weekend helped a good bit.

As is, I get outsped by multiple SA's and even a couple R2's are faster than my guys even with Tarkin's lead ability.

I do like the turn order though.

Tarkin, Deathrooper, EP, DN, and Vader.

Tarkin going first gives me two options.

I can open with his AOE debuff, or with his AOE attack. When fighting Jedi, I use the AOE attack which clears foresight allowing DT to dispel Tenacity up from Yoda. EP stuns, then DN can do cooldown increase and Vader can load up the debuffs.

Against slower squads like some Triple cleanse teams, I will do the debuff first if I am confident DT can do his cooldown increase (only works if the enemies have no buffs). Then it is the same as follows and if I am lucky, I get one to two turns to wear down the enemy before they can start cleansing and healing.

After EP's stun, I like to do his Offense up move because it puts defense down on all enemies which sets me up for some big hits with Culling Blade and Tarkin's AOE attack.
  • Options
    If I had your mods I'd use the same squad. Instead I have a kind of meat wall with a 101k health/protection shore and a DN at 81k. Works surprisingly well. #1 had a 257 r2 so he opens with stealth; my Death goes next with his aoe and the DN hits the cool down increase. If I'm using Zdooku hell actually go second and sometimes stun Baze. Then zader gets off his aoe debuff though that usually gets cleansed by chirrut. If shore is able to get off his heal and no crit buff I have a fair shot at winning. If he's stunned I'll probably lose. Just need that Darkside cleanser. C'mon Thrawn! I need that blue skinned tactical genius in my squad.

https://swgoh.gg/u/stinkydoobis/
  • Manbearpig
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    All clones are farmable

Kind of.

http://imgur.com/Xh55VQQ

I don't have a ton of guild tokens to spend, either. Though that is on me for not being able to find an active guild.

• BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Manbearpig wrote: »
    All clones are farmable

Kind of.

I don't have a ton of guild tokens to spend, either. Though that is on me for not being able to find an active guild.

Cody is in the fleet store and guild store. He's relatively easy to farm if your guild is doing at least 3 raids a week (2 Rancor and one AAT) and with the 800 tokens for the fleet store.
    Our guild is doing 5 raids a week.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Manbearpig wrote: »
    All clones are farmable

Kind of.

If you can contribute 600 tickets a day (that is, never hit your energy cap and do at least one daily refresh) you can get in pretty much any guild. Doing 5 raids a week can get you a ton of guild tokens.
  • Options
    Documentary about our brave Stormtroopers in the field

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Documentary about our brave Stormtroopers in the field

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LvswNDAAZCU

Ha! That was awesome
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I run those times a cool team in GW (that I just started to develop so not yet arena viable for me).
    Krennic lead, DT, ShT, Snow and a fifth that is usually EP/DN/Veers. The purpose of this team is to maintain a constant line of ability block so the enemy cannot use their specials. It's working fine even against more developed teams than mine (again, in GW).

The synergy between Krennic and DT is great. Snow's AoE crits a lot, giving AB and resetting his CD. ShT is there to protect of course but he's also an Imperial Trooper and this team is also built on them. According to the opponent, the 5th is either EP for his AoE stun that can also AB, Veers for his Imperial Troopers synergy (he also provide with 15% CC for them), or DN.

In that team, Veers can AB using his AoE (no need of Krennic but if he crits, he has more chance to AB if enemy is debuffed), Snow can AB using his basic (but the purpose of Snow is that his using his AoE each turn).
    DT is used to dispell, increase cooldown and apply his health immunity (so a debuff for his team mate).

I think that team can be arena viable, especially with Krennic's zeta giving back protection. Krennic and Veers increase Crit chance by 40% for the Imperial troopers, so a lot of crits.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero thanks for your advice, sorry to answer you that late. I'm currently trying to gear UP storm and snow to get a 5 troopers squad and then I'll do as you and try to reach the top of Arena !
    Last thing I need is Jawa to get critical damage on everyone with mods as they do crit a lot.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    I run those times a cool team in GW (that I just started to develop so not yet arena viable for me).
    Krennic lead, DT, ShT, Snow and a fifth that is usually EP/DN/Veers. The purpose of this team is to maintain a constant line of ability block so the enemy cannot use their specials. It's working fine even against more developed teams than mine (again, in GW).

The synergy between Krennic and DT is great. Snow's AoE crits a lot, giving AB and resetting his CD. ShT is there to protect of course but he's also an Imperial Trooper and this team is also built on them. According to the opponent, the 5th is either EP for his AoE stun that can also AB, Veers for his Imperial Troopers synergy (he also provide with 15% CC for them), or DN.

In that team, Veers can AB using his AoE (no need of Krennic but if he crits, he has more chance to AB if enemy is debuffed), Snow can AB using his basic (but the purpose of Snow is that his using his AoE each turn).
    DT is used to dispell, increase cooldown and apply his health immunity (so a debuff for his team mate).

I think that team can be arena viable, especially with Krennic's zeta giving back protection. Krennic and Veers increase Crit chance by 40% for the Imperial troopers, so a lot of crits.

Its a cool team but very mod dependent upon speed. Otherwise faster Chirruts and Rexs can ruin it for you, especially if you have DN's unique zeta'd. If you have the speed to be faster, then great.

Next time you run GW, try and save that squad for nodes 10 - 12 depending on where your GW difficulty ends. This way your squad wont start with a TM bonus versus the stronger squad and will be a better comparison.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

Its a cool team but very mod dependent upon speed. Otherwise faster Chirruts and Rexs can ruin it for you, especially if you have DN's unique zeta'd. If you have the speed to be faster, then great.

Next time you run GW, try and save that squad for nodes 10 - 12 depending on where your GW difficulty ends. This way your squad wont start with a TM bonus versus the stronger squad and will be a better comparison.

Speed should (I say should since it's not arena tested) not be so important except on DT. His main role is to increase CD at the start of the battle or if Tenacity is up, to dispell those buffs. But speed is a nice to have in every teams.

DT and Veers are gr 9 on the way for gr 10, but the rest in only 7 or 8, this is why I think with better gear and mods it could work. Mk 3 Holo is a blocking factor for DS toons. But I'll try next time to use that team from node 10. Need to gear them and mod them a bit.
  • Options

This description makes me wish my ShoreT wasn't a steaming pile of garbage. I've got the rest geared up pretty well, even zetas on DK/DT. If only you could get DT to go first ...

Seems to me that TFP should go in that fifth spot, since he is the fastest kid on the playground. When he opens with his AOE, he should AB whoever he crits, giving DT a chance to use his AOE. Unfortunately Krennic's leader ability is bugged and AB is not reliable, so this squad does not work as designed.

Still, I really like the squad comp. I'm going to work with it in GW since I just pushed SnowT to g10. Thanks for the idea @BulYwif !
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thinking ... Seems to me that if GK is on the other team then they will all immediately get crit immunity and trying to keep AB on everyone with SnowT becomes fruitless, unless TFP lands buff immunity AND AB on everyone, which would have to include that evil Rex. And if zBarriss is there, she will wipe those debuffs off Rex, and then he cleanses and gives T up, and then you're hosed.

And then there's R2D2, who lets everyone cleanse themselves if they crit.

Hmmm ... I still think there may be potential.

Edit: I just scoured my mods to find the maximum CC I could put on SnowT: 62.14%. Under Krennic (+25%) and with zVeers (+15%), that would push him up to 102.14%. So in theory, SnowT would crit and AB on every hit. But the squad would have to be DK, DT, TFP, SnowT, and Veers. Without Veers he would be at 87%, which might be enough and would leave room for ShoreT.

At the same time, I could get TFP up to 273 speed with 79% CC under Krennic, which should theoretically put AB and BI on 4/5 of the team to start the match. If Rex is there, that would give him 60% bonus TM which will probably fill him up. So he goes. If Barriss is there, she gets 70% TM ... does she go first? If she does, I'm dead, if she does not, I maybe have a chance.

Now I really want to try this. But I will have to bench my FO squad!
    Post edited by EventineElessedil on
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options

This description makes me wish my ShoreT wasn't a steaming pile of garbage. I've got the rest geared up pretty well, even zetas on DK/DT. If only you could get DT to go first ...

Seems to me that TFP should go in that fifth spot, since he is the fastest kid on the playground. When he opens with his AOE, he should AB whoever he crits, giving DT a chance to use his AOE. Unfortunately Krennic's leader ability is bugged and AB is not reliable, so this squad does not work as designed.

Still, I really like the squad comp. I'm going to work with it in GW since I just pushed SnowT to g10. Thanks for the idea @BulYwif !

Just want to throw out that Krennic's leader ability was fixed so the ability applies as it's designed to (whenever an empire toon crits an enemy who has a debuff)
  • Options
    This whole idea really just dies on the vine if TFP cannot apply BI and AB on the same turn because Rex and GK will stop it cold. And also since Krennic's "irresistable" AB can be resisted, the strategy takes a serious turn for the worse.
  • Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    Just want to throw out that Krennic's leader ability was fixed so the ability applies as it's designed to (whenever an empire toon crits an enemy who has a debuff)

Was it? Thanks for the reminder! I forget things.
  • Options
    I took no. 1 in arena today with an all Empire team. How sweet it was! zVader (l), zDT, Krennic, Tarkin and Shore. I'm sure I will get trashed on defense, but I don't really care at this point.
  • Arimanius
    165 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    I took no. 1 in arena today with an all Empire team. How sweet it was! zVader (l), zDT, Krennic, Tarkin and Shore. I'm sure I will get trashed on defense, but I don't really care at this point.

My congratz and respect to you kind sir.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options

Speed should (I say should since it's not arena tested) not be so important except on DT. His main role is to increase CD at the start of the battle or if Tenacity is up, to dispell those buffs. But speed is a nice to have in every teams.

DT and Veers are gr 9 on the way for gr 10, but the rest in only 7 or 8, this is why I think with better gear and mods it could work. Mk 3 Holo is a blocking factor for DS toons. But I'll try next time to use that team from node 10. Need to gear them and mod them a bit.

I guess it depends on your server, but Ive never found speed to not be a factor.
  • ilNomad
    236 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn! I'm not very familiar with him, but here's hoping they trolled us with Empire rework v.1 and this is the real deal
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
  • Options
    8hOOYk1.png
    O8SJiSK.png
    0Yx8BOl.png

Thanks for the screenshots, here, have a cookie :)
    He looks super-dope though...
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    Where are the red eyes?