The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    @mega_man no I'm on a young shard, November of '16. No gk's yet. But I sadly know you are right; bad enough with a Vader lead on people attacking me, Veers will get decimated I'd think. I was just looking at your swgoh.gg profile and it shows your squad comps/ranks. (My user name is StinkyDoobis which actually ironically is my dogs nickname). Under current meta they aren't going anywhere and I'm not sure that even make sense to use in HAAT for the zeta cost. I've spent a lot for a team that I'm only using in GW.

Your current comp is as good as you'll get without using Rex or Maul and to me those teams are boring. In life you either want to do what everyone else does or you want to be different; I'm in the latter camp. Also I agree about Tarkin, I had the highest of hopes but my near maxed Tarkin will be getting no zeta love from me. I barely use him for anything but his capital ship.

I think we are on the same Ships shard. I am Danutz Darkside in game.

Yeah it's a hard life for an empire user in the game. I want to return to using an empire team but I am afraid of loosing rank, for now I keep finishing top 5 with Zaul. I am working on the same time on SA, DN, Savage, DT, Shore and more recently I have started gearing my 3* Krennic because I can't decide to stick to sith or return to empire. So for now I have a bunch of 3-4* g8-9 toons and no clear direction in which to go.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    @mega_man no I'm on a young shard, November of '16. No gk's yet. But I sadly know you are right; bad enough with a Vader lead on people attacking me, Veers will get decimated I'd think. I was just looking at your swgoh.gg profile and it shows your squad comps/ranks. (My user name is StinkyDoobis which actually ironically is my dogs nickname). Under current meta they aren't going anywhere and I'm not sure that even make sense to use in HAAT for the zeta cost. I've spent a lot for a team that I'm only using in GW.

Your current comp is as good as you'll get without using Rex or Maul and to me those teams are boring. In life you either want to do what everyone else does or you want to be different; I'm in the latter camp. Also I agree about Tarkin, I had the highest of hopes but my near maxed Tarkin will be getting no zeta love from me. I barely use him for anything but his capital ship.

I think we are on the same Ships shard. I am Danutz Darkside in game.

Yeah it's a hard life for an empire user in the game. I want to return to using an empire team but I am afraid of loosing rank, for now I keep finishing top 5 with Zaul. I am working on the same time on SA, DN, Savage, DT, Shore and more recently I have started gearing my 3* Krennic because I can't decide to stick to sith or return to empire. So for now I have a bunch of 3-4* g8-9 toons and no clear direction in which to go.

You're wasting your resources. Focus on 2 or 3 toons only. DT and ShT are not a loss of resources. DN is as versatile as chaze and can be included in every teams. Try to build an arena team that you really want to play and is arena viable and focus on it.
    For now, I'm working on DT, ShT and DN. I'll also give Tarkin a try since he's already 7*. I usually only develop toons that I can also use in raids, it avoids wasting resources, but ShT and DN (long farm) are really interesting.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Okay, so not fully Empire but this has been effective in Arena with Tarkin.

Vader lead, SA, DN, Tarkin, SiT. Tarkins 2nd AOE usually hits for around 20k per target which is good enough to lock up the match usually. I do have a CD triangle on him either, could be better.
  • Options
    @danfre75 nah different shard. Just looked at your swgoh.gg; sucks that TfP isn't as useful as he used to be. I'd say to finish gearing and starring Vader, ep, b2. Shore can be a lot better if you grab his pack. But arena is likely to change a little with ATF and whoever the next releases are. Also if G12 is coming that can potentially change things too. Maybe empire gets better in that scenario.
  • danflorian1984
    986 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok, funny how there are 2 Stinky Doobis using Tarkin as an admiral and finishing first in Ships on a November 2016 shard.

Yeah TFP becoming obsolete after a couple of months from his release really sucks, he is one of my 2 g11 toons. The other one is Zaul who may follow his faith soon enough.

I switched from EP lead to Zaul because I wanted a DS that could regularly beat rebels, but after the new releases I can't see any DS setup being able to match-up with the OP LS toons.

To be honest the growing imbalance between the sides really makes me loosing interest, today I have forgot that I was in combat in my 4th fight waiting for the time to draw out before I applied the finishing blow, and I didn't even fight my last battle, so I finished only on 10. I hope I will still play the game just as a collector, because I refuse to use a LS team just to keep my rank.
  • Options
    @danflorian1984 yeah same ship shard different arena shard just realized
  • Options
    @danflorian1984 there is only one StinkyDoobis, that I can assure you. Anyone else is an imposter! And yes those like us who prefer Darkside shouldn't be at an automatic disadvantage. We'll see what the devs do; they definitely are hearing the feedback.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    For the first time since the ORIGINAL Emperor Palpatine event, I have switched to a non-Empire led arena team. I have gone through Palp, Vader, Veers, and for two days Tarkin. I decided to zeta QGJ and go Jedi. I sure hope the devs hear us because we want so very badly for the Empire to be viable not only offensively but also (as best as possible) defensively in high-end arena. I spent 3 zetas hoping for viability, but it just never came. The good news is my Empire characters are ready if the day ever comes.
  • Options
    +1
  • Options
    Devs hear us, they just don't give a .. As proved by the release of Ahsoka and the Empire pass.
  • Options
    @danflorian1984 yeah same ship shard different arena shard just realized

Cool. Your team is a **** to take down for the first place.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Mega_Man wrote: »
    The good news is my Empire characters are ready if the day ever comes.

I have a pot-belly pig, doubt it'll ever fly though; Empire are done and at the rate this game is going I probably wont be playing this time next year. Devs are totally clueless about what our community wants. The new event coming in 2 weeks is apparently not guild vs guild and just something else that makes you compete with your guildies.

We're getting the fan favorite soon and then I bet by Aug / Sep we start seeing Ep8 characters. Maybe by some miracle they slip Thrawn in there. Good news is FO might be more relevant in arena.
  • Options

I have a pot-belly pig, doubt it'll ever fly though; Empire are done and at the rate this game is going I probably wont be playing this time next year. Devs are totally clueless about what our community wants. The new event coming in 2 weeks is apparently not guild vs guild and just something else that makes you compete with your guildies.

We're getting the fan favorite soon and then I bet by Aug / Sep we start seeing Ep8 characters. Maybe by some miracle they slip Thrawn in there. Good news is FO might be more relevant in arena.

The problem is balance and the release of characters. No empire version of chaze or counter of it. R2 cool release that event but then ahsoka??? Why? I don't know if it's true or just me speculating at this point but is the next fan fav/icon even a ds toon?

• Options

The problem is balance and the release of characters. No empire version of chaze or counter of it. R2 cool release that event but then ahsoka??? Why? I don't know if it's true or just me speculating at this point but is the next fan fav/icon even a ds toon?

My theory is that the whales with more clout are using rebels and the devs are catering to them. This empire pass was just a rouse to shut our mouths.
  • Options

My theory is that the whales with more clout are using rebels and the devs are catering to them. This empire pass was just a rouse to shut our mouths.

Didn't work. If not I feel empire fans are more vocal. I like the reworks and not expecting to break metas in arena because metas aren't forever. But bigger picture there is a disparity between ls and ds as a whole. From toons to ships. The cool thing about this being a game within a game is that the rebels don't have to win. And I'm not crying too many rebels etc I just think in this game of choices give us some.
  • Options
    Troopers crush in GW for me; and are ok at raids. 2.5 of the 6 troopers I use in arena (shore and death always and seldom storm) and I guess can't ask for better. Aside from pure Jedi and FO everyone does mix and match in arena. I've been empire/sith a long while. I have no qualms about throwing in r2 to beat zaul. I'm not sure the pass was a disaster. It was a disaster in the sense that a straight troopers/empire squad isn't really viable to win #1 and especially not to hold on defense. But there are very many useful toons; even Tarkin is now useful if not meta. I guess the main complaint is that empire doesn't have one toon at DN or chaze levels. But EP/Vader/Tarkin/shore/death are all still excellent. Maybe Thrawn will be the meta toon that empire users want. And maybe the new game mode makes more use out of empire.
  • Options
    I finally Zeta'd Vader. Who do you think can serve him best in Arena / GW / raids?
  • Options
    I've used zader + shore/death/DN and then depending on who you are fighting boba/dooku/Sidious/r2/b2/ep. Raids depend on rancor or HAAT with different formulations for each. Gw is your opportunity to experiment and actually have fun, try different comps.
  • Options

Didn't work. If not I feel empire fans are more vocal. I like the reworks and not expecting to break metas in arena because metas aren't forever. But bigger picture there is a disparity between ls and ds as a whole. From toons to ships. The cool thing about this being a game within a game is that the rebels don't have to win. And I'm not crying too many rebels etc I just think in this game of choices give us some.

We may be more vocal but they can and will say: What more do you want, we just spent half a year with your extensive, amazing, devastating pass.
    There are a lot of posters on forums using the pass as a pro rebels and pro Chaze argument already.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    z6IDhZ0.jpg
    This time it is legit, not faked.
  • Options
    Love to see that @Aero
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Aero wrote: »
    z6IDhZ0.jpg

Are you using this team also for P2 AAT or do you switch ShT with Magma?
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Aero wrote: »
    z6IDhZ0.jpg

Are you using this team also for P2 AAT or do you switch ShT with Magma?

I use them in p4. I use storm in p3, so the rest for p4.
  • Options
    I don't know if it counts, but I re-downloaded the app and started playing again after watching TCW, and I think putting together a full Imperial Trooper squad was the only thing to keep me playing. Building a full synergy team is so much more fun than trying to min-max with mix-matched teams of OP characters.

I want to put together a full Clone team next for light battles, but unfortunately one or two of them can't be farmed yet.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome job @Aero ! I'm Glad to see you having success. Has your zeta on storm started to pay off yet? I know you were less than impressed when you first used the zeta.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    Manbearpig wrote: »
    I don't know if it counts, but I re-downloaded the app and started playing again after watching TCW, and I think putting together a full Imperial Trooper squad was the only thing to keep me playing. Building a full synergy team is so much more fun than trying to min-max with mix-matched teams of OP characters.

I want to put together a full Clone team next for light battles, but unfortunately one or two of them can't be farmed yet.

All clones are farmable
    Awesome job @Aero ! I'm Glad to see you having success. Has your zeta on storm started to pay off yet? I know you were less than impressed when you first used the zeta.

Still haven't noticed the zeta making any impact.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    For the Empire
    Just testing some colors
    I love gooooold
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I was able to get 2.6 with troops and tarkin
  • Darken
    12 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero How much speed do you get from mods for them bad boys?
  • Options
    Does using Nihilus disqualify me from the Empire club?

https://swgoh.gg/u/gaidal cain/

No cleansers. It's all out offense (and no defense sadly).