The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Options
    Gimme my cleanse!! Can't wait to see his kit!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Hope for a very decent kit!
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Where are the red eyes?

Red-eye filter removed them? I put them back where they belong.
    NfaPKpl.png
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Please, be a passive cleanser that brings a HUGE amount of strategy! PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEEEEEE!

My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Options
    One more just because
    5YbFABP.png?1
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    This has me excited
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    We were excited for an Empire pass. Rebels got more love than Empire. We had high hopes for Tarkin...They will not give the Empire what we need to b competitive in Arena.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    That's awesome!!!

Not just a decent kit, but enough base speed to be relevant.
  • Options
    That's awesome!!!

If he has good passive skills or tm manipulation speed may not be decesive.
    I want only one thing from him, to be a direct, highly effective, counter for Chaze. That is all I want.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

If he has good passive skills or tm manipulation speed may not be decesive.
    I want only one thing from him, to be a direct, highly effective, counter for Chaze. That is all I want.

It's possible, but don't forget about what happened with Krennic. Give Krennic another 20 base speed and he'd be more relevant, he's too slow for his kit to be good. Speed is a major factor with most characters. For arena at least, think about how many characters you don't try and meaningfully add speed to versus those you don't try to add speed to. I can only think of a handful at best that don't matter if they're fast or not.
  • Options
    It would be cool if Thrawn also had synergy with Death Trooper, seeing that he had his own squad of them.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    It would be cool if Thrawn also had synergy with Death Trooper, seeing that he had his own squad of them.

It could be but Im hoping for a strong and broader strategy that can incorporate multiple Empire characters.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    I saw someone mention this before, but how about the ability to turn all enemy buffs into debuffs (if available). Think about it, ten up becomes tenacity down, allowing us to fight triple cleanse. All those hots from chaze become dots (imagine zader lead!). This would allow empire to rule, but I don't think it would be op because not all teams out there rely on buffs (like resistance).
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    Cesium wrote: »
    I saw someone mention this before, but how about the ability to turn all enemy buffs into debuffs (if available). Think about it, ten up becomes tenacity down, allowing us to fight triple cleanse. All those hots from chaze become dots (imagine zader lead!). This would allow empire to rule, but I don't think it would be op because not all teams out there rely on buffs (like resistance).

Well as soon as Thrawn will turn all those buffs in debuffs they will be cleansed, maybe even tenacity up will be applied, so I don't think that the empire will be OP in your scenario.
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    Cesium wrote: »

Well as soon as Thrawn will turn all those buffs in debuffs they will be cleansed, maybe even tenacity up will be applied, so I don't think that the empire will be OP in your scenario.

Which is the point. I don't want empire to be the meta or OP, I just want to be competitive with them. In the zader scenario all those dots wont be cleansed because they cant be :)
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Yep, great expectations for his kit, but got to remember new ahsoka is imune to debuffs, so vader wouldn't harm her, about the idea to turn hots into dots. Make 50% chance to inflict debuffs even when tenacity is up seems interesting. On other hand it's a gamble, too much relly on rng and i don't like it.

Maybe a decent TM manupulation or a diferent lead skill that can benefit all empire toons. And give some speed to him, please!!
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    We definitely need some kind of TM gain and Thrawn has to be fast enough to make it matter. If Thrawn has group synergy then a cleanse is probably necessary too. There's still enough Maul around to lock things like Veers group attack out.
  • Dark_Helmet152
    529 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't need him to be a cleanser, I need him to make my debuffs unable to be dispelled.

Post edited by Dark_Helmet152 on
  • Options
    I've mentioned in another thread but I hope Thrawn is like a Dark Side Rex.

Empire allies gain 10% TM whenever an enemy gains a buff. This will make cleansing plus T Up or Retribution costly.

I also think a special with 4 turn cooldown that inverts buffs to debuffs. The caveat will be that every enemy that is cleansed reduces the cooldown of this ability by one.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    As he is a very adaptive character in the story line, learning how to master alliance and enemies strategy, I would love to see him be a slow cleanser such as Barris or Savage with a unique ability allowing him to get all the same tag as the leader of the squad if he is not.

I just do hope is not a R2 even with Phoenix Requirement, that would be the worst thing they could have done. I would definitely pay to get him if I need to (only if he's a cleanser, otherwise I would hang myself considering EA and SWGOH team is not listening to every person asking for a DS cleanser...).

I want him to be tactical and to have a real part in the Meta for once, Gar Saxon has none and I'm still balanced about Veers considering this squad lack of cleanser.
  • BradGoodyear
    984 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I don't need him to be a cleanser, I need him to make my buffs unable to be dispelled.

More like Debuffs unable to be cleansed.
  • Options
    Phoenix squad required...unbelievable :(
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options
    I don't need him to be a cleanser, I need him to make my buffs unable to be dispelled.

More like Debuffs unable to be cleansed.

Yes, that is what I meant. Typo.
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    Options

Yep.. Whale now f2p... should be a marque event..
  • Options

Wow. Just **** wow.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Fulcrum and R2 were easily unlockable (Rebels). Thrawn is a spender event (Empire). Whereas I'm one of the guy who doesn't complain about the Empire pass since I find them good enough and balanced, I'm here really disappointed that CG dedicates this event to spenders. Considering that for an F2P, it's months to gear up one toon, a whole team even with the flash events ...
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    New best for me phase4 with troopers just shy of 40 percent 4.9 million . Veers dt snow stormtroooer Magma . All g11 short 1 or 2 pcs for max except Magma he's g10
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Jabba wrote: »
    New best for me phase4 with troopers just shy of 40 percent 4.9 million . Veers dt snow stormtroooer Magma . All g11 short 1 or 2 pcs for max except Magma he's g10

Are they better in P4 or P2? I've got a zCody for P4 but still can put them in P2.
  • Options
    Why all those surprised people? What is different from EP, Shore, Krennic? We always needed to farm another faction (rebels) while they only needed their own, with the exception of R2.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Why all those surprised people? What is different from EP, Shore, Krennic? We always needed to farm another faction (rebels) while they only needed their own, with the exception of R2.

EP was released using Rebels. R2 was released using Empire, so it's balanced. ShT and Krennic were released using tournaments. I just don't understand that Thrawn is delivered with toons that were until now not farmable (so intended to spenders only for this time).