The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Soooooo Thrawn uses basic on auto first turn... he also makes all toons use his cleanse on cooldown, sometimes above their own abilities with no debuffs on them. Really annoying to watch your whole team cycle through cleanses with the enemy Baze healing.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Just thought of a Thrawn based team.
    Krennic (L), DT, R2, Gar, Thrawn. Use Thrawn to fracture Baze (of course he's in the other team). Use Smoke Screen on Thrawn. Thrawn counters (give speed up and then AB), Gar assist, AB if any debuff and crit. 2 counters everytime for 2 turns.
    Against zMaul, fracture Maul.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Running Tarkin, Thrawn, DT, Nihilus, Kenobi/Shore can beat any meta squad, at least on offense.

Edit: By the way, sith can clean fracture? Was fighting againts zaul lead and i fracture nihilus, after tarkin aeo, nihilus got stealthed and cleaned, its WAI?
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Options
    Thrawn shouldn't be leading.

Let Tarkin, Zader, even Krennick lead over Thrawn.
  • Options
    Just going to use my four other highest geared Empire toons with Thrawn lead for now, will be busy gearing up Thrawn anyways... not optimal, but G11 Zader, G10 EP, G10 Shore and G11 RG shouldn't be too shabby... will probably work on Deathtrooper and maybe consider TFP.... guess we will know what team is "best" as people unlock and test team comps.
  • Options
    Also, something to check: say you've used Fracture (assume all skills maxed) on your previous turn, and it is on Cooldown. You then use Grand Admiral's Command on an ally that has almost 100% turn meter (for example Shoretrooper, so you are restoring Protection). After Shore takes his turn, it is Thrawn's turn again. The Cooldown has dropped down one more, right?

Gonna have to play around with it in Galactic War tonight...
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    Running Tarkin, Thrawn, DT, Nihilus, Kenobi/Shore can beat any meta squad, at least on offense.

Edit: By the way, sith can clean fracture? Was fighting againts zaul lead and i fracture nihilus, after tarkin aeo, nihilus got stealthed and cleaned, its WAI?

If this is true that is a pretty huge bug as fractured toons are not supposed to be gaining any buffs.... @scuba since I know you are very good at confirming bugs can you have a look?
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    SpeedRacer wrote: »

If this is true that is a pretty huge bug as fractured toons are not supposed to be gaining any buffs.... scuba since I know you are very good at confirming bugs can you have a look?

Don't see anything in the mechanics why fracture should have cleared.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Did savage take it?
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    Did savage take it?

Can't be copied. Also he said Got crit stealthed and cleansed. Fracture should have prevented the stealth.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    So Thrawn's basic gives Speed Up "for one turn" and then gives ability block when Speed Up expires. It seems to me this ability block should happen before the enemy unit gets to use an ability, but I just played a match against a Shoretrooper who was hit by Thrawn before taking his turn, and Shoretrooper was able to taunt at the start of his next turn. Then, while it was still Shore's turn, the speed down expired and the ability block kicked in.

Surely this is a bug. If not, I'm not sure Thrawn is such a great toon if he's giving the enemy a faster shot at using their main abilities before the AB kicks in.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    That's what I'm seeing too... shoot Rex, Rex goes, buffs team, get blocked.... great I don't care about it now they've all got tenacity
  • scuba
    14074 posts Member
    Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    So Thrawn's basic gives Speed Up "for one turn" and then gives ability block when Speed Up expires. It seems to me this ability block should happen before the enemy unit gets to use an ability, but I just played a match against a Shoretrooper who was hit by Thrawn before taking his turn, and Shoretrooper was able to taunt at the start of his next turn. Then, while it was still Shore's turn, the speed down expired and the ability block kicked in.

Surely this is a bug. If not, I'm not sure Thrawn is such a great toon if he's giving the enemy a faster shot at using their main abilities before the AB kicks in.

That is interesting. One of the times they stay consistent with something and it makes things worse. Looking at most buffs all but HoT seem to expire at end of turn.
  • Options
    I guess we could pair Thrawn up with Empire characters with Ability Block like Vader or TFP, so they will be stunned when Thrawn hits them with a Basic (which I assume is unresistable like his Speed Up/Ability Block, further testing needed)... You might be able to avoid giving Speed Up half the time, or if you can't hopefully you are targeting an enemy whose turn meter is almost full anyways.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    DrPaedan wrote: »
    I guess we could pair Thrawn up with Empire characters with Ability Block like Vader or TFP, so they will be stunned when Thrawn hits them with a Basic (which I assume is unresistable like his Speed Up/Ability Block, further testing needed)... You might be able to avoid giving Speed Up half the time, or if you can't hopefully you are targeting an enemy whose turn meter is almost full anyways.

He ain't too shabby under Krennic lead...

Although counting on stuns when the target is ability blocked is unrealistic unless you can force the enemy to attack only him and stun with counterattacks (like use R2 to force the other team to attack him)

I might just try it out once he's the toughest one on the team (need more gear)
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    DrPaedan wrote: »

He ain't too shabby under Krennic lead...

Although counting on stuns when the target is ability blocked is unrealistic unless you can force the enemy to attack only him and stun with counterattacks (like use R2 to force the other team to attack him)

I might just try it out once he's the toughest one on the team (need more gear)

My post above :smile: Krennic (L), DT, R2, Gar, Thrawn
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I just saw Akbar cleanse Fracture during a GW battle. The enemy team had a ton of debuffs, and I'm pretty sure Fracture was still on Vader when Akbar cleansed. Unfortunately, I finished the battle and can't find another node with Ackbar to test it again.

Has anyone seen this happen or can someone do a test?

Thanks!
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @BeWary i think some bugs have been happening, i reported about a sith cleanse too, but didn't appear anymore. I recorded other 3 battles against sith but fracture went like it should be. Maybe some minor things are occurring here and there since it's a new toon.

Thrawn made viable mix-empire to beat any squad on offense at least. Adding kenobi and nihilus there make them great.

t222.jpg

Edit: On this channel there's lots of battles using diferent comps with Thrawn.

https://www.youtube.com/user/amusedam1
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Options
    I dont think the issue is what Thrawn does on offense, but rather how bad is he going to make you drop overnight. I have a 6 star Thrawn but Im gonna wait until he's proven out to invest all those Carbantis and the zeta.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Some GW fun. Full clear, though I do have easy nodes on 11/12.

2qd041z.jpg
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

2qd041z.jpg

I cleared GW with almost the same squad (Krennick in place of Veers).

Do you have any Zeta's on Thrawn @Nebulous ?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

2qd041z.jpg

I cleared GW with almost the same squad (Krennick in place of Veers).

Do you have any Zeta's on Thrawn @Nebulous ?

I'm liking that team a lot... except with Krennic as the leader. This setup...

UiJmblC.jpg

Doing well in arena with it and it clears GW easily...
  • Options
    @Smapty
    Very nice. You always seem to run fun squad comps!

Is Krennick's lead Zeta'd?

I was having trouble with triple cleanse in GW (specifically ones with Zeta'd R2) using Krennick lead.

You typically run your battles on auto so you must not be having the same problem I did.

I do like how hard zTarkin hits under Krennick lead.

My Krennick still has a ways to go though (5* G10).
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain I have zetas on everyone that can have one on that squad... it does fairly well on auto vs triple cleanse and Zaul on auto but I have to manually control the team vs Jedi squads to win (they are pretty easy actually when you control the team). The ability blocks from Krennic lead are pretty solid for shutting down opponents.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    So I think that Thrawn leader isn't really viable right now until they fix using his special he grants over others. (For those who havnt played with it empire toons will use cleanse without debuffs present on auto and thus waste their turns) and Thrawn is still using basic first turn. Unless an ally is debuffed, then he will cleanse. On auto under his own lead he's doing,
    Turn 1 basic or cleanse
    Turn 2 his leader ability cleanse
    Turn 3 cleanse if he hasn't already,
    Turn 4 fracture

Needless to say this is only not ideal, but ludicrous to expect it to be relevant 4 turns in on auto battle
  • Wjedi
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hi all first time posting, long time follower. Just looking for some advice from fellow empire players on which direction to go with my squad just got 5 star thrawn and a zeta burning a hole in my screen :) my swgoh gg name is itsmeeyes not sure how to do it properly any advice would be grateful. Currently running zader (L) , Deathtrooper, zavage, kylo (got zeta waiting) & tarkin..
    Post edited by Wjedi on
  • Options
    Feel like zavage needs to be surrounded by a pure sith or primarily sith team to really be effective. Idk though since I've only used him on pure sith teams. You need a tank, would probably put shore in his place. Thrawn might work out even better than zetaed Kylo. Idk though, both those toons seem awesome on offense and have dumb AI of defense
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I just did a study... I did a full clear of GW with Thrawn leader. In that time he took 66 turns. Of those... 5 of them were fracture... 5/66 turns... on a 4 turn cooldown so we'll remove the turns where he couldn't use it. So 20 turns cooldown.

Thrawn chose other abilities besides fracture 46 times out of 66 total turns.

Needless to say this is an issue for defense
  • Options
    I'm fairly confident after the event the Devs will prioritize fracture
  • Wjedi
    4 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response Spartan have a good day sir!