Nebulous wrote: »
    Hey y'all what do you think of Krennic, DT, TFP, Tarkin, Shore? Turn order:
    1. Tarkin: Intimidation to apply O down + 90% personal TM
    2. TFP: TIE Strike to apply buff immunity and ability block
    3. Tarkin: Firepower to reduce TM and more AB
    4. Krennic: Death Trooper assault to apply stagger
    5. Death Trooper: Grenade to increase cooldowns, dispel any stray buffs
    6. Shore Trooper: Regroup for crit immunity + new taunt, heal

If you get the speeds right, these ability moves would mirror what the AI does by default, right? Maybe get some staying power on defense. If the first three moves go well, the whole other team should be saddled with O down, BI, and AB. Unless of course they started the match with T up thanks to Cassian. Would utterly fail to control a Jedi squad with zetas, though.

I played the same team but with gk instead of shore. Same exact turn order as your suggesting. The team works very well on offense, like usual, but it's unreliable ability blocks that create the issue for triple cleanse. I even had tfp at 100% crit chance to guarantee the initial ability blocks. Its very hard for defense to sustain ability locks (i.e. Targeting someone who is already AB instead of one of the available cleansers.)

If you still face zaul, sith can't be crit under stealth and gk tosses out crit immunity so you'd need to have already ability blocked them to work around the crit immunity.

It's a fun team, a little slow as Tarkin is not the fastes, but very cool looking and strong on offense.

Agreed, but if TFP has applied buff immunity on everyone, then GK cannot give them crit immunity. With 4 AOE in a row and TM manipulation from Tarkin and Krennic, it seems like a good chance the other side has AB on everyone that did not start with T up.

They will have have AB for the first turn guaranteed. This is the only guarantee. When the initial AOEs wear off, single target on defense will not prioritize targets properly. This is when defense fails.

I ran a 261 speed tarkin with a 260 speed tfp with 100% crit chance. You will wreck on offense. However, I've never fallen further from 1st than when I ran this team (mid 30s). Defense simply won't target the prioritize the correct toons when it comes to single target Attacks.

You are very correct that tfp may apply ability block. This stops gk's taunt and passing crit immunity. Also, it's common to have ability block and crit immunity expire at the same time so it wasn't a big issue overall.

Where in the world do you guys find these unreal speeds? The absolute best speed mods I have give me +103.
    tenor.gif
  • Options

If you get the speeds right, these ability moves would mirror what the AI does by default, right? Maybe get some staying power on defense. If the first three moves go well, the whole other team should be saddled with O down, BI, and AB. Unless of course they started the match with T up thanks to Cassian. Would utterly fail to control a Jedi squad with zetas, though.

I played the same team but with gk instead of shore. Same exact turn order as your suggesting. The team works very well on offense, like usual, but it's unreliable ability blocks that create the issue for triple cleanse. I even had tfp at 100% crit chance to guarantee the initial ability blocks. Its very hard for defense to sustain ability locks (i.e. Targeting someone who is already AB instead of one of the available cleansers.)

If you still face zaul, sith can't be crit under stealth and gk tosses out crit immunity so you'd need to have already ability blocked them to work around the crit immunity.

It's a fun team, a little slow as Tarkin is not the fastes, but very cool looking and strong on offense.

Agreed, but if TFP has applied buff immunity on everyone, then GK cannot give them crit immunity. With 4 AOE in a row and TM manipulation from Tarkin and Krennic, it seems like a good chance the other side has AB on everyone that did not start with T up.

They will have have AB for the first turn guaranteed. This is the only guarantee. When the initial AOEs wear off, single target on defense will not prioritize targets properly. This is when defense fails.

@Nebulous Suppose the opposition has GK. My GMT goes and applies O down. Then my TFP does AOE to apply BI. If he crits on AOE, he also applies AB, however GK is going to try to give them crit immunity. The question is, does TFP apply BI before GK applies CI? What happens first?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

@Nebulous Suppose the opposition has GK. My GMT goes and applies O down. Then my TFP does AOE to apply BI. If he crits on AOE, he also applies AB, however GK is going to try to give them crit immunity. The question is, does TFP apply BI before GK applies CI? What happens first?

I very positive that BI will apply first. So critting vs gk/chirrut should prevent taunt/crit immunity/hots so long as the 80% BI triggers and passing the tenacity challenge.
  • Options
    Nice! I'm going to assemble this team and turn order, but I think there are several popular teams that will easily defend against it. Building it anyway for fun.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    Quick question: If Thrawn is under a Krennic lead and he crits with his basic (Omega'd), will it apply ability block from Krennic's lead first followed by an immediate stun from Thrawn's Omega?

If yes, then perhaps crit chance is the way to mod Thrawn under Krennic...

If they enemy is debuffed and Thrawn crits (the requirement for those ability blocks with Krennic lead) he skips the speed up and goes straight to applying ability block. They have to have ability block first before he can stun
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    BeWary wrote: »
    Quick question: If Thrawn is under a Krennic lead and he crits with his basic (Omega'd), will it apply ability block from Krennic's lead first followed by an immediate stun from Thrawn's Omega?

If yes, then perhaps crit chance is the way to mod Thrawn under Krennic...

If they enemy is debuffed and Thrawn crits (the requirement for those ability blocks with Krennic lead) he skips the speed up and goes straight to applying ability block. They have to have ability block first before he can stun

Yeah, I did a test and found that to be true. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hey guys, just got Veers to G11 and should have him 7* in the next 2-3 days.

Is he any good on an Empire team outside of being a leader?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Hey guys, just got Veers to G11 and should have him 7* in the next 2-3 days.

Is he any good on an Empire team outside of being a leader?

If you zeta his unique he is much more useful outside of leader... you can run him and some troopers under another lead (Krennic, Thrawn, Zader, etc...) and he serves more of a purpose... he's pretty solid in the right setup...

You can beat Jedi and Zaul... triple cleanse will be tough

There are some good potential teams there for sure...

There's just so many *amazing* characters now that I find he is replaceable by someone who brings a little more to the table...

In GW he's amazing with the troopers... in raids he has a place...

In arena...

Only in a "perfect" team that has yet been undiscovered... (but may still exist!)
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a vid vs Zaul... I don't think I've put up one vs that team yet...

Full auto ftw ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSqgBmFtQw
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »

Full auto ftw ;)

Awesome! This is what I was hoping to see! Question for you on zetas on this team -- what's the priority order?
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone has zetas on that team that can... I like Tarkin to move first so he can debuff and follow up with his aoe for TM reduction and ideally ability blocks.

I have several other videos of this team vs other setups as well as other empire teams I've used if anyone is interested...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoCQiuyEZtkr6j5Y4Y-uo_A
  • Options

Full auto ftw ;)

Awesome! This is what I was hoping to see! Question for you on zetas on this team -- what's the priority order?

As far as priority for that squad I would say DT, Krennick, Tarkin. In general though, Tarkin's unique before Krennick.

I don't have Krennick Zeta'd yet but that comp still works okay on offense even without it. Tarkin's Zeta isn't crucial but it helps him hit a little harder and stay alive a little longer which can make potentially make or break a match.

The other nice thing about putting Zeta's on uniques, is that with all the different Empire leads, it gives a little more flexibility.
  • Options
    Everyone has zetas on that team that can... I like Tarkin to move first so he can debuff and follow up with his aoe for TM reduction and ideally ability blocks.

I have several other videos of this team vs other setups as well as other empire teams I've used if anyone is interested...

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoCQiuyEZtkr6j5Y4Y-uo_A

I know yours are all zeta'd. I'm putting the finishing touches on the team right now, but I'm likely only about to drop two zetas to start. I figure DT requires it, but then should I zeta Thrawn's unique or Tarkin's unique first?
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Well i think Krennic must be 7* and maxed to things work out. Mine is 5* and g10 seems not enough. I even gave a zeta to DT. Got my team speed/stats very similar to Smapty but i don't even stand a chance on offense. Tried 8 arena battles yesterday, lost all against Rex lead teams, the TM is always a issue :( . But facing Wedge or Zaul lead is manageable to win.
  • Options
    Question i love the empire deal and i have currently tarkin L Krennic DT Snow Shore got around too late was not able to get thrawn this go around, I also have veers and vader at 5 star level 67 is my level. was curious on what i should use seems to be going well for me now but idk
  • Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    Question i love the empire deal and i have currently tarkin L Krennic DT Snow Shore got around too late was not able to get thrawn this go around, I also have veers and vader at 5 star level 67 is my level. was curious on what i should use seems to be going well for me now but idk

My opinion, get TFP on your team, put Krennic at lead, and set your turn order so Tarkin goes first, then TFP, DT, Krennic, Shore. The idea is debuff the enemy first, and then AOE crit as much as you can to ability block and apply buff immunity, stagger. I'm building.this team right now, looking for the right mods for it.
  • Natsu5
    23 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Smapty or anyone with a Krennic lead

How do you deal with zarris sub? Crits heals the other team

*nevermind, I took her out first rather than Nihilus/zader
  • LordInuy
    212 posts Member
    Options
    I want to play krrnnic zeath and trhawn, who is the.better lead for.this squad? I've zader maxed, and i'd like to play zoba...
    Zader lead krennic zeath zoba and thrawn is good team? In which order i can play them?
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time too deciding a best lead, zader lead seems strong but thrawn lead seems to directly counter zader with all the 20% turn meter gains, tarkin seems great with speed but weak against jedi's, thrawn lead seems to lack a bit of dmg? (assuming running Shore + GK),

• SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This is a very nice squad to play, TM gain works well. Wish i had stormtrooper geared to change for kenobi, because Palp always needs cover.

nmt.jpg
    Edit: changed kenobi for Tarkin and is viable too.
    Post edited by SpeedRacer on
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    I want to run Emp but I just keep getting destroyed by triple cleanse.... my top 10 are all Rex kenobi Chirrut Baze and nihilis
  • Options
    I've been enjoying

Tarkin(L)

DT

Shore

DK

Thrawn

Krennic is surprisingly useful for 4* gear 8
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    This is a very nice squad to play, TM gain works well. Wish i had stormtrooper geared to change for kenobi, because Palp always needs cover.

nmt.jpg
    Edit: changed kenobi for Tarkin and is viable too.

What speed do you have on EP? Who start first?
  • Options
    With all the play-testing I've done so far, the best squad seems to be a Rex lead or GK Squad for GAT, surprise surprise. I'm sure using some of these more Empire squads with GAT are good enough to win with but probably not good enough to prevent being sniped or dropping far overnight. Payout sniping by folks not even in my payout hour is a problem.

Here's what I've been using to prevent payout sniping and reduce how far I fall overnight.

1. Rex, R2, GK, GAT, DN
    2. GK, R2, 5s or zBarris, GAT, DN

In GW the other day I ran across a squad that was very strong, lost 2 characters from my A squad no matter how I played the match. I'm tempted to play around with it but have been too lazy to move around mods again. LOL! That squad was Tarkin lead, GAT, DN, DK, GK. It was pretty impressive.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    Options
    @BulYwif Palp is 224 speed. But u can check all squad: https://swgoh.gg/u/masterflinch/
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Here's an inspiring video...

Watch how fast Thrawn lead goes with Zader dots on him... it's crazy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pRBx_DQ8mX4
  • Options

WOW
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Options

That's impressive.

I really wish he gained TM based on enemy Buffs rather ally debuffs.

Oh well, I guess Zader needed another counter?
  • Options
    @Smapty wow. That is crazy. Please tell me if I can replace Krennic with someone else for similar results. Im dying to run full empire again but Krennic is next in my upgrades.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    In the first videos we've seen with Thrawn, he was a lead for the Imperial troopers. I was thinking that this team could be good for arena. Thrawn lead provides protection, TM and cleanse, zVeers provides protection and TM on his unique. It can be a good combination.