The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I don't know about you all, but I like the little love thrawn got today. I'd like to have seen his command skill be top priority always, no debuff required, but this is a great start.

What love did Thrawn got today?

He will always use Fracture, regardless if there is an opposing buff present, but he will still favor targeting the buff if one exists. This means we won't see him basic while Fracture is off cooldown.

Additionally, while leader, the 'maneuver' skill from empire allies will only be used when a debuff is present instead of just spamming it.

All-in-all, great AI changes.

Cool thanks, didn't see that yet.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    zThrawn lead
    zKrennic lead

I want to do both but I only have one Zeta.

I could also Zeta Veers but that would only be for Tank raid.

I've been considering this since I unlocked Thrawn and still feel no closer to a decision and just farmed another Zeta.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Anyone have experience with zKrennic lead vs. zVeers lead?

For zVeers I can do about 1 million damage with Zader, Veers, Snow, DT, and Shore.

Would I see an appreciable increase by putting a Zeta on Veers unique?

Edit:

For a full Trooper team, I have Stormtrooper 7* G8 (stun gun away from G9) and he is my next gearing project. I'm not interested in finishing Magma (6* G7) unless there is a reason I should be.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options
    zThrawn lead
    zKrennic lead

I've been considering this since I unlocked Thrawn and still feel no closer to a decision and just farmed another Zeta.

For zVeers I can do about 1 million damage with Zader, Veers, Snow, DT, and Shore.

Edit:

For a full Trooper team, I have Stormtrooper 7* G8 (stun gun away from G9) and he is my next gearing project. I'm not interested in finishing Magma (6* G7) unless there is a reason I should be.

zVeers will be more reliable in the Tank raid imo with the protection regain. Since you don't have a zeta on those 3 toons, Thrawn's unique would be the best option since he is also,more versatile than Veers or Krennic.

I plan to use the troopers with zVeers and Thrawn but it is already 2 zetas. For Krennic, it is better to zeta DT first for more survivability.

zVeers is also really good for GW. So, zVeers for HAAT and GW, Thrawn for arena and Krennic after zeta DT.
  • Rakim
    267 posts Member
    Options
    zThrawn lead
    zKrennic lead

Edit:

Veers zeta is a unique so you can use it with someone else's lead (Zader, zKrennic, etc)
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    Rakim wrote: »
    zThrawn lead
    zKrennic lead

Edit:

Veers zeta is a unique so you can use it with someone else's lead (Zader, zKrennic, etc)

There are still lots of SA's on my shard so I feel like Veers won't be useful in arena since his base health is so low.

One Electrecute and he's dead since it ignores protection.

Krennic is 5* and Thrawn is 6* so I won't be using either of them in raids any time soon. They are however, already in my arena team and I've used both as leaders.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I've been running this team lately and loving it... fun to play and very strong!

yKxPZAz.jpg
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I've been running this team lately and loving it... fun to play and very strong!

yKxPZAz.jpg

How good is on defence?
  • Options

yKxPZAz.jpg

Congrats on 1st
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

yKxPZAz.jpg

How good is on defence?

About the same as everything else lol
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options

yKxPZAz.jpg

How good is on defence?

I just put my zeta in Thrawn and ran through GW with full protection on everyone at the end using that same squad.

That two percent makes quite the difference.

Once I get Zeta for Veers I may try it in arena as well.

My Veers is super squishy even at G11 and 7*. He's the weakest link even though his kit is vital to the team.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

yKxPZAz.jpg

How good is on defence?

Some ds squads hold better on defense than others. So that's not an accurate statement.
  • Options
    I run the same thrawn troopers sqaud and holds top 10 on d over night and can beat everything except zaul most times
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options

yKxPZAz.jpg

How good is on defence?

Some ds squads hold better on defense than others. So that's not an accurate statement.

i haven't dropped out of top 20 with Zader or Thrawn lead in the last week.

Some days I don't even get knocked out of top 10 (sitting at 14 right now).

However, I DO have a lot of nice people in my shard chat so that helps, lol.
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here's a couple... experimentation with DN instead of Krennic. (Apologies for the poor quality)

...can't decide who I like more ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8QbNzKpL2s8

This is the team I use most of the time.

@Nebulous I really like the concept of your team. Give +28 / +30 speed (zeta?) to Empire, especially DT, is strong not to mention the rest Tarkin's kit. I'm sure it's good on offense, but how is it holding for you?
    BulYwif wrote: »
    zThrawn lead
    zKrennic lead

Edit:

zVeers will be more reliable in the Tank raid imo with the protection regain. Since you don't have a zeta on those 3 toons, Thrawn's unique would be the best option since he is also,more versatile than Veers or Krennic.

I plan to use the troopers with zVeers and Thrawn but it is already 2 zetas. For Krennic, it is better to zeta DT first for more survivability.

zVeers is also really good for GW. So, zVeers for HAAT and GW, Thrawn for arena and Krennic after zeta DT.

That and to use Thrawn lead you really don't need his lead zeta'd anyway, it's marginal at best. Zeta his unique and you'll be fine with Thrawn.
  • Options
    @Indominable_J

This is how I'd do it:

Thrawn, Tarkin, Tarkin, Thrawn. This is what I do.

So how is this accomplished?

Thrawn as fast as you can. Tarkin .84 speed of your thrawn. Thrawn will always open with tm swap if he is debuffed. With so many zDN out there, this is very, very common. Thrawn will pick the lowest ehp hero who is tarkin on the squad. Also use shore instead of gk.

Thrawn will tm swap with tarkin. Tarkin is at 100% and thrawn around 99% tm. Tarkin opens with IT which will give him back 100% tm (75 from skill, 15 from thrawn, 15 from shore) reduce everyone's tm. Thrawn will then fracture opposing pretaunt. Have dt/dn follow back to back to increase cds by 2. Then press auto and make a sammich.

But in your current configuration, I'd want dt moving first to increase opposing cooldowns. Then it gets tricky. I think you want aoe after dk to trigger his staggers. But he only aoe remaining is tarkin and I find those two a little redundant. But I think I'd want: dt, tarkin, thrawn, tarkin, dk, gk.

@Nebulous -- Thanks. I did some tweaking, making Thrawn first (and lead) and Tarkin second. It definitely works much better. My modding is still probably not optimal, though. I'm debating moving the mods on Deathtrooper to Krennic and then just giving DT mods to keep him faster than Krennic -- not sure if I can really get him faster than Tarkin without sacrificing overall speed.

I'd like to get Shore in there for Kenobi, but when I've done so, I don't seem to hold quite as well. The AI change might help with that though.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Darth_Jay77 it holds exceptionally well. Since I changed to a very fast shore, I can easily stay top 5 over night and haven't been pass 8 before my payout comes back again.

I run a 277 thrawn with a tenacity cross (I get his tenacity to 166 with fracture up so he can't realistically be stunned/dazed), I get tarkin to .84 speed so he's at 233. Dt and dn are 220s and shore is 210.

My offensive opening is always: thrawn, tarkin, tarkin,thrawn, dn, dt and shore.

This is very common on defense too, as long as your facing a zDN. So it's an amazing opening. unfortunately, the fix to his ai ruined this. While thrawn will still always open with command, but then if tarkin is debuffed, he will cleanse with maneuver. Every empire now prioritizes maneuver if debuffed. So this is a huge bummers.

Until this gets fixed, which it will, I'm running tarkin lead. Not zeta so +28 speed. My turn order is: dt, thrawn, tarkin/thrawn/tarkin (I didn't .84 here as it would reduce Tarkin's speed too low for me so they will tie after the tm swap so not sure if I'll get Fracture or It first), dt, shore then dn. This is very solid too. Went to bed in 1st and will have only been knocked to 8th by my payout time.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Indominable_J

This is how I'd do it:

Thrawn, Tarkin, Tarkin, Thrawn. This is what I do.

So how is this accomplished?

Thrawn as fast as you can. Tarkin .84 speed of your thrawn. Thrawn will always open with tm swap if he is debuffed. With so many zDN out there, this is very, very common. Thrawn will pick the lowest ehp hero who is tarkin on the squad. Also use shore instead of gk.

Thrawn will tm swap with tarkin. Tarkin is at 100% and thrawn around 99% tm. Tarkin opens with IT which will give him back 100% tm (75 from skill, 15 from thrawn, 15 from shore) reduce everyone's tm. Thrawn will then fracture opposing pretaunt. Have dt/dn follow back to back to increase cds by 2. Then press auto and make a sammich.

But in your current configuration, I'd want dt moving first to increase opposing cooldowns. Then it gets tricky. I think you want aoe after dk to trigger his staggers. But he only aoe remaining is tarkin and I find those two a little redundant. But I think I'd want: dt, tarkin, thrawn, tarkin, dk, gk.

@Nebulous -- Thanks. I did some tweaking, making Thrawn first (and lead) and Tarkin second. It definitely works much better. My modding is still probably not optimal, though. I'm debating moving the mods on Deathtrooper to Krennic and then just giving DT mods to keep him faster than Krennic -- not sure if I can really get him faster than Tarkin without sacrificing overall speed.

I'd like to get Shore in there for Kenobi, but when I've done so, I don't seem to hold quite as well. The AI change might help with that though.

The trick for shore is speed. You can use him as a solo tank if he is fast enough. He taunts and loses buffs quickly so he is frequently ready to taunt again. Couple with tarkin who applies O down and crit down, thrawn who adds protection, the only real threat is dn and then it doesn't really matter who is tanking.
  • Options
    @Darth_Jay77 it holds exceptionally well. Since I changed to a very fast shore, I can easily stay top 5 over night and haven't been pass 8 before my payout comes back again.

I run a 277 thrawn with a tenacity cross (I get his tenacity to 166 with fracture up so he can't realistically be stunned/dazed), I get tarkin to .84 speed so he's at 233. Dt and dn are 220s and shore is 210.

My offensive opening is always: thrawn, tarkin, tarkin,thrawn, dn, dt and shore.

This is very common on defense too, as long as your facing a zDN. So it's an amazing opening. unfortunately, the fix to his ai ruined this. While thrawn will still always open with command, but then if tarkin is debuffed, he will cleanse with maneuver. Every empire now prioritizes maneuver if debuffed. So this is a huge bummers.

Until this gets fixed, which it will, I'm running tarkin lead. Not zeta so +28 speed. My turn order is: dt, thrawn, tarkin/thrawn/tarkin (I didn't .84 here as it would reduce Tarkin's speed too low for me so they will tie after the tm swap so not sure if I'll get Fracture or It first), dt, shore then dn. This is very solid too. Went to bed in 1st and will have only been knocked to 8th by my payout time.

@Nebulous That's really cool. Why the change in turn order by swapping Tarkin to lead? Is it simply the AI change with his other abilities? Have you observed how the AI uses Thrawn's command? I'm just curious if it's consistent with how you have the turn order setup.
  • Options
    At what star level does Death trooper become viable?
    My rex r2 dn chaze team is struggling to stay top 20. I need to pump some new life into my arena.
    I've been thinking about the
    Thrawn tarkin shore dn dt squad (won't have go for around three months)
    My Thrawn is only five stars, and my death trooper three stars. How much work do I need to put into dt before he's ready? Or will it be so long I can't use that team?
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    So I took the time to work with Tarkin lead, Thrawn, DT, DN, GK. Had DT lead off followed by Thrawn, Tarkin, Tarkin, DN, GK. It was not good for me at all, maybe half as good as Rex. I probably have the 3rd strongest Mod inventory relative to my top10 and I struggled. This deck sounds great but is probably one of the more mod-sensitive decks Ive seen in a while. You truly need remarkable mods relative to your server to make this work.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Here's some empire vs empire...

I have a new found love for stormtrooper under Thrawn

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBJjD3GIpA
  • Options

Don't suppose you have a link to the .gg page for your opponent? I'm running exactly that Tarkin lead team. (Need to finish gearing ol' Stormy...)
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

@Nebulous That's really cool. Why the change in turn order by swapping Tarkin to lead? Is it simply the AI change with his other abilities? Have you observed how the AI uses Thrawn's command? I'm just curious if it's consistent with how you have the turn order setup.

Hello. Sorry for the huge delay. Didn't see you pinged me.

I change the turn order because dt can't go first in a thrawn lead. He is too slow. But under tarkin, he has a relative speed of 152. So I can still get him to 276, which is pretty good. He starts with the +1 cd bomb and then thrawn comes in and will tm swap with tarkin.

To answer your thrawn comment, he uses command when he has a debuff and he prioririzes it over maneuver. He will always choose the lowest hp + protection ally. So this means he will pick tarkin to begin the battle.

Finally, since your using gk and not shore, you actually can't guarantee that tarkin will back-to-back. I like shore way more than gk in this sequence.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

I like the idea of storm in this team. Do you feel he is better than gk in a dual tank role? I prefer 1 tank but 2 can consider this.

Also, the turn order of that thrawn team isn't to great. And thrawn lead is very good vs tarkin/Vader leads due the 20% tm gain on debuffs.

Thrawn is arguably the best lead in the game. Can't wait till they adjust his priorities again.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

I like the idea of storm in this team. Do you feel he is better than gk in a dual tank role? I prefer 1 tank but 2 can consider this.

Also, the turn order of that thrawn team isn't to great. And thrawn lead is very good vs tarkin/Vader leads due the 20% tm gain on debuffs.

Thrawn is arguably the best lead in the game. Can't wait till they adjust his priorities again.

I've tried GK and I feel like storm is better... despite all GK brings he still is not as tough as storm with his defense bonuses and prot gain under Thrawn... the taunt swapping between him and shore is pretty nasty and without a Nihilus on the other team they will pretty much never die...

I disagree about the turn order of the team.... I like to have another AOE move before DT. Whether it's Tarkin or Nihilus or whoever... against a team with foresight like Jedi it makes DT's first turn a waste... one of the reasons I dropped Krennic is because he could screw things up and make DT move too early.

Here's a vid vs Jedi to show what I mean...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey1WgfOZw-M
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    @Smapty this is huge. Thanks for sharing. I'm now anxious to bring storm to G11.
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Options
    I started farming Storm's gear after getting Shore to G11 last Sunday. Stun gun away from G9 atm.

How did I not know his Basic had an irresistible expose?!

Was that part of his rework?
  • Options
    I started farming Storm's gear after getting Shore to G11 last Sunday. Stun gun away from G9 atm.

How did I not know his Basic had an irresistible expose?!

Was that part of his rework?

Yeah, was part of the broader Trooper revamp.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I've tried GK and I feel like storm is better... despite all GK brings he still is not as tough as storm with his defense bonuses and prot gain under Thrawn... the taunt swapping between him and shore is pretty nasty and without a Nihilus on the other team they will pretty much never die...

I disagree about the turn order of the team.... I like to have another AOE move before DT. Whether it's Tarkin or Nihilus or whoever... against a team with foresight like Jedi it makes DT's first turn a waste... one of the reasons I dropped Krennic is because he could screw things up and make DT move too early.

Here's a vid vs Jedi to show what I mean...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey1WgfOZw-M

Regarding the turn order, I typed thrawn, but I meant tarkin. Under thrawn, dt doesn't need to go first.

But you only increased the cd+2 on yoda. No one else for a plus 1 on both your opening +1 skills. That's not very good for defense, which is all I care about. That Jedi team uses yoda, which is far inferior to Ezra variant.

i still agree with thrawn being the superior lead for empire.
  • Options
    Snowtrooper is good. I use him on attackers only. I'm currently working on a clone team with phasma as lead. Problem is rex and echo cant really farm yet. Fives is at 7* and CS is 5*and phasma is 6*. If i knew how id post pics

It seems like to mean that Rex is the easiest to farm in fleet I have had a hard time trying to get CS shards since you can only get him in hard battles where the rest of them can be got in fleet and in fives case cantina