The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Mazurka
    961 posts Member
    Options
    Been running Thrawn DT shore nihlus GK. One of the most fun teams I've ever had, absolutely wrecks triple cleanse, and doesn't fall far on D. I'm loving how empire is climbing up to the top
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Here's a thought. The crit trooper squad.
    Krennic lead
    Veers
    Snow
    Death
    Shore

No Thrawn in it but the idea is to role out a 90% crit chance snowtrooper (50+ from mods, 25% from krennic and 15% from veers)
    He will keep resetting CD on aoe and theoretically ability block constantly... only problem is like all things empire. Cleanse and tenacity ruin it... the top 8 guys all run Rex L kenobi Chirrut.... no chance for Emp against that
  • Options
    Mazurka wrote: »
    Been running Thrawn DT shore nihlus GK. One of the most fun teams I've ever had, absolutely wrecks triple cleanse, and doesn't fall far on D. I'm loving how empire is climbing up to the top

That's barely half Empire.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Here's a couple... experimentation with DN instead of Krennic. (Apologies for the poor quality)

...can't decide who I like more ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8QbNzKpL2s8

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=frrOm2vZb1g
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    Here's a couple... experimentation with DN instead of Krennic. (Apologies for the poor quality)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=88

This is the team I use most of the time.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Nebulous wrote: »

Tarkin is the key...

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

60% is not bad. Are you saying it's 100% or get out?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Tarkin is the key...

HE.LL ya he is. Thrawn into double tarkin back to thrawn is a great opening. Allows dt and dn to do their things.
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Had to copy your team :blush:

Liked a ton. Can you please share your mods? @Smapty ?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    Ronoaldo wrote: »

Here's my gg profile... (I move mods around a lot though)

https://swgoh.gg/u/smapty/
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Options
    Stop farming empire. Ewoks are coming with their tiny sticks and roxks to 1 shot any empire character
  • Options

Smapty is the bomb with Empire and I copy a lot of what he does and his vids are amazing. Luckily he is in my guild as well
  • Options

I don't like mixing my lights and my darks when doing laundry. I Like to the same with arena ;)

There's a few good all Empire comps as you well know and I'm so tired of seeing DN and/or GK in EVERY squad.

Not that anyone needs to "get out".

I feel the same way with Rebels.

People say Rebels are OP when in reality there are usually 2-3 Rebels plus GK and Nihilus.

Pure Rebel teams are almost as rare as pure Empire.

I get why, doesn't mean I have to like it.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I don't like mixing my lights and my darks when doing laundry. I Like to the same with arena ;)

There's a few good all Empire comps as you well know and I'm so tired of seeing DN and/or GK in EVERY squad.

People say Rebels are OP when in reality there are usually 2-3 Rebels plus GK and Nihilus.

I hear ya mang. I'd really love another good empire tank. I hate having to plug in Empire x4 +gk.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Smapty is the bomb with Empire and I copy a lot of what he does and his vids are amazing. Luckily he is in my guild as well

That's an amazing compliment...

@mediocreJoe is a tough standard to meet ;)
  • Options

I hear ya mang. I'd really love another good empire tank. I hate having to plug in Empire x4 +gk.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to match GK's utility. Even when he is Fractured, he still grants crit immunity to his allies.

Once I get Shore to G11 this weekend (one final stun gun to go) I'm going to get Stormtrooper geared up (he's a stun gun away from G9).

He will be useful in raids either way but supposedly his TM reduction is pretty good in arena too.

Still, an Empire tank who hits decently hard but is easily dispelled hardly compares to a tank who grants foresight and crit immunity as his passives and can cleanse, turn debuffs into buffs, AND call group assists.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    LordInuy wrote: »
    I want to play krrnnic zeath and trhawn, who is the.better lead for.this squad? I've zader maxed, and i'd like to play zoba...
    Zader lead krennic zeath zoba and thrawn is good team? In which order i can play them?

I run Fett in a Krennic (l), Thrawn, zDT and ShT squad. It's fun and can beat pretty much anyone. ShT and Thrawn are still g10 and only DT has a zeta so that's probably why I drop 15-20 spots.

It's more fun if you like a little more pop and a little less control (Tarkin). I imagine the AI will always be worse than with the other squads mentioned.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Unfortunatley i gave up on Tarkin, at least for now, his dots depends too much on rng, if anything goes wrong it's just punch Rex TM even more. Maybe when i have a top geared Krennic might try again.

I do agree about Kenobi, his kit is too good even if he's fractured or stunned. Best team i found so far on offense and most on defense is: Thrawn lead, DT, Nihilus, Shore and Kenobi.

But i want to encourage u all to try a Palp lead and have some fun! It's 15%TM from Thrawn, 15% Shore, 20% Emperor unique and when he apply shocks that gives another 15% is a total of 65%TM, man he's blazing fast!! And sometimes trigger let the hate flow, buff every ally and it's Palp turn one more time. Not uncommon DT launch his granade inflict health down on all 5 enemies and he goes again to shoot death mark.

333333333333333333.jpg
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    Zader lead is working great not dropping that far on defense either gets me rank everyday on a very old shard. You guys won't regret trying zader lead Dt dn Thrawn Gk
  • Options
    I just moved a bunch of mods to form up my Scarif Garrison squad. Yes, it's possible to get these guys moving a little faster, but I would need to harvest mods from my First Order squad which I am not willing to do just yet, if ever. Besides, I am not convinced that getting them any faster will actually help, unless I can get Tarkin over 250 (lol yeah right).
    Anyway, this is what my squad looks like. I'm looking forward to giving them a try!
    LLtBWnk.png
  • Options
    Turn order question: I'm running Tarkin (L), DT, DK, Thrawn, GK. You can see my current setup here: https://swgoh.gg/u/indominable j/ My turn order is Tarkin, Thrawn, DT, DK, GK, and I typically start with Intimidation Tactics, TM swap with DT, DT AoE dispel, Fracture. I'm considering changing up my turn order to have Thrawn go first. Do you think that's a good idea? Should I make other turn order changes?
  • Options
    I run close to the same squad with shore in place of gk. My turn order is DT to increase cooldowns and to get opponents gk taunt to pop. 2nd is Thrawn to fracture gk. 3rd is krennic to (hopefully) inflict stagger. 4th is tarkin for intimidation tactics immediately followed by ultimate firepower. 5th is shore. My hope at that point is that all opponents have close to 0% tm, fully debuffed, and cooldowns up while all my guys have crit immunity. This gives me a round or two of attacks to try and kill someone before opponent's cleanse goes up.
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    @Smapty Got a question for you. I'm prepping a squad to mirror one you ran recently, with Krennic (L), ShT, DT, Tarkin, and Thrawn. How do you deal with squads that have Barris? With so many crits and no healing immunity to apply, they just keep healing themselves once you get past their protection.
  • Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    @Smapty Got a question for you. I'm prepping a squad to mirror one you ran recently, with Krennic (L), ShT, DT, Tarkin, and Thrawn. How do you deal with squads that have Barris? With so many crits and no healing immunity to apply, they just keep healing themselves once you get past their protection.

@BeWary DT applies healing immunity with his grenade.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Indominable_J

This is how I'd do it:

Thrawn, Tarkin, Tarkin, Thrawn. This is what I do.

So how is this accomplished?

Thrawn as fast as you can. Tarkin .84 speed of your thrawn. Thrawn will always open with tm swap if he is debuffed. With so many zDN out there, this is very, very common. Thrawn will pick the lowest ehp hero who is tarkin on the squad. Also use shore instead of gk.

Thrawn will tm swap with tarkin. Tarkin is at 100% and thrawn around 99% tm. Tarkin opens with IT which will give him back 100% tm (75 from skill, 15 from thrawn, 15 from shore) reduce everyone's tm. Thrawn will then fracture opposing pretaunt. Have dt/dn follow back to back to increase cds by 2. Then press auto and make a sammich.

But in your current configuration, I'd want dt moving first to increase opposing cooldowns. Then it gets tricky. I think you want aoe after dk to trigger his staggers. But he only aoe remaining is tarkin and I find those two a little redundant. But I think I'd want: dt, tarkin, thrawn, tarkin, dk, gk.
  • BeWary
    368 posts Member
    Options
    BeWary wrote: »

@BeWary DT applies healing immunity with his grenade.

Doh, thanks @EventineElessedil I forgot about that, thinking it was health down instead.
  • Options
    Finally 3 starred shore trooper and director Krennic's nodes

(General Kenobi works wonders)
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    I don't know about you all, but I like the little love thrawn got today. I'd like to have seen his command skill be top priority always, no debuff required, but this is a great start.
  • Options
    I don't know about you all, but I like the little love thrawn got today. I'd like to have seen his command skill be top priority always, no debuff required, but this is a great start.

What love did Thrawn got today?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options

What love did Thrawn got today?

He will always use Fracture, regardless if there is an opposing buff present, but he will still favor targeting the buff if one exists. This means we won't see him basic while Fracture is off cooldown.

Additionally, while leader, the 'maneuver' skill from empire allies will only be used when a debuff is present instead of just spamming it.

All-in-all, great AI changes.