The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    What mods should I focus on for Shore when running Shawn? Protection since Thrawn will be giving him back 40%? Hp since he'll be healing the group for 24% of that? A mix of the two? Or something else?
    I put a lot of speed on him following Smapty's advice and it seems like he is taunting constantly. Of course with that taunt comes a heal and crit immunity. Mine has just under 43K protection before Thrawn's lead bonus and he is **** near unkillable.
  • Onark
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Onark wrote: »
    @Indominable_J I'm running the same squad minus the zetas on Thrawn and doing very well.

I was planning on dropping my next zeta on Thrawn's unique and moving on to Veers but do you think Thrawn's lead is worth a zeta against non zaul squads?

The lead zeta is not absolutely required, but it's very nice to have. Against Zaul and Zader squads, you will be constantly regaining protection. But you also gain protection back with buffs, so when Shore taunts, everyone regains protection. When the crit immunity expires, you gain protection. Tarkin gives himself potency up, and gets protection with it. Potency up gets dispelled? Protection recovers.

Oh wow! I just realized it's status effects, not just debuff. That changes the game entirely. Thanks!
  • DarthMufasa4
    214 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hello, new to empire and considering farming
    https://swgoh.gg/u/darthmufasa4/collection/

I wanna try to unlock thrawn the next time the event comes round. But once ive finished up my cantina node characters im currently working on. Is it a good idea to work on Death Trooper? given my current setup

Also any other farms which might take priority given my early stage would be nice. Im gonna be zetaing my vader for the time being to get more gear, but current ideas for a final team include
    Thrawn (L), DT, EP, Vader and Nihilus

Also unsure of Vader and EP under thrawn as Im unsure what they contribute to the overall team. Might be best to put EP in lead under this to give Vader a better use, especially given my lack of other empire units

Im probably not gonna go over a Tarkin lead, I prefer bulk builds over speed builds
  • Options
    What mods should I focus on for Shore when running Shawn? Protection since Thrawn will be giving him back 40%? Hp since he'll be healing the group for 24% of that? A mix of the two? Or something else?

He needs as much speed, health, and Protection as possible.

Mine has 31k health, 59k protection, and 214 speed. He's a friggin brick wall and he is taunting constantly.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    So after much deliberation and experimentation...

I think I've settled on my favorite empire team (+/- 1)

You could drop Nihilus and run it pure empire but it just isn't quite as good all around... (and believe me I've tried it all)

So here you go.... three auto battles in a row vs the various teams that were at #2, 3 and 4 respectively at the time...

This is pretty consistent with my experience with this team... might lose one... but still an easy win on auto almost always

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBK6nLQb50

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6hqPeTKYQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTecsFyLGk
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Smapty wrote: »

You could drop Nihilus and run it pure empire but it just isn't quite as good all around... (and believe me I've tried it all)

So here you go.... three auto battles in a row vs the various teams that were at #2, 3 and 4 respectively at the time...

This is pretty consistent with my experience with this team... might lose one... but still an easy win on auto almost always

That lines up with my experience.

Though, out of stubbornness,I am continuing use Tarkin in place of DN.

EDIT: @Smapty Why on G*d's green earth did someone in your guild 7* Mob Enforcer?!
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options

That lines up with my experience.

Though, out of stubbornness,I am continuing use Tarkin in place of DN.

EDIT: @Smapty Why on G*d's green earth did someone in your guild 7* Mob Enforcer?!

Wha???

LNCbTV1.jpg
  • Options

He needs as much speed, health, and Protection as possible.

Mine has 31k health, 59k protection, and 214 speed. He's a friggin brick wall and he is taunting constantly.

I'm very jealous of your mods.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    @Smapty
    Speeds on toons? And which do you use speed mod set on?
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
  • Ronoaldo
    739 posts Member
    Options
    Tempted to run Tarkin and Shore to go full empire but DT DN is freaking good.
  • BeWary
    367 posts Member
    Options
    Durrun wrote: »
    @Smapty

Yeah, thanks for the vids @Smapty. It's good to know what is working so well for Empire, and nice to see Krennic and DN working out since I'm working on them.

I've been able to break into the top 10 with a variety of squads, but haven't been staying there. :|

The following have all been great on offense, but not too great on def due to AI and/or my mods:

Palp (L), Thrawn, DT, ShT, GK = fell into 20s by next day
    Tarkin (L), Thrawn, DT, ShT, Palp = fell into 20s - 30s by next day
    Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, GK, Palp = fell into 30s by next day
    Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, Tarkin, Palp = ?? (we'll see tomorrow)

• Options
    BeWary wrote: »
    Durrun wrote: »
    @Smapty

Yeah, thanks for the vids @Smapty. It's good to know what is working so well for Empire, and nice to see Krennic and DN working out since I'm working on them.

I've been able to break into the top 10 with a variety of squads, but haven't been staying there. :|

The following have all been great on offense, but not too great on def due to AI and/or my mods:

Palp (L), Thrawn, DT, ShT, GK = fell into 20s by next day
    Tarkin (L), Thrawn, DT, ShT, Palp = fell into 20s - 30s by next day
    Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, GK, Palp = fell into 30s by next day
    Thrawn (L), DT, ShT, Tarkin, Palp = ?? (we'll see tomorrow)

I'm in the same boat. Using my new squad of
    Zthrawn
    Tarkin (zeta unique)
    Death trooper
    Shore trooper
    Nihilus

Used a refresh to climb from low 20s to the number 10 spot, had five wins in 8 battles.

Overnight, with still nearly 12 hours to payout, I dropped down to the mid 40s already.

I fear I just wasted 40 zeta material
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Slaywalker
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    The Zeta on Tarkins unique was most likely wasted yes, your problem as i just stalked your swgoh is most probably not the team itself but decent speedmods...and missing a lot of stars, especially at the Deathrooper
  • Options
    @HeroOfCanton

Can you link your account so we can see your mods?

What is your gear and star level for your toons?

You haven't wasted anything, even on Tarkin. He's quite useful in raids.

Lady question, what does your arena shard look like?

• Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1hBK6nLQb50

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6hqPeTKYQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgTecsFyLGk

I don't have DT zeta'd, but I've tried Tark, TFP, DK, zVeers, and EP in that 5th spot and I prefer zVeers over DK. The zeta probably makes a big difference on DK / DT combo, but once I get a death with zVeers it's game over as all the TM gain and O up, that puts DT in line for a 30k+ crit on DM. Additionally, Shore / DT get faster and gain more buffs overall for prot regen. Often there's a back and forth, but it often lines up that I get 3 kills in very short order - the FF of a toon, DM after first death, and an annihilate tend to come right about the same time. I've yet to lose on offense to any team comp. There is a zeta DT / DK combo similar to that on our shard and it does do well on D though - I'm considering my next zeta for DT.
  • HeroOfCanton
    447 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @HeroOfCanton

@Gaidal_Cain
    https://swgoh.gg/u/heroofcanton/
    I know my Thrawn and death trooper are a little weak gear wise, I'm working on the the stun guns to get them to 10. Once they hit ten, they'll have about half the gear waiting for them.
    Shore and Nihilus are at 6*, Thrawn 5, and death only 4. I know he's definitely a weak point.
    Aside from tarkin, my mods aren't whale level, but fairly solid.
    Shard wise, there is a healthy mix of a couple zaul, a couple Zader, a couple Thrawn (with GK instead of tarkin), a couple zGJ, a couple triple cleanse, a couple nihilus, and couple wedge chaze teams. Aside from the pure sith teams, pretty much everyone aside from me has go (my guild is finally farming heroic recently)
    Aside from a couple assassins, and a couple fast chirrut, my Thrawn usually goes first.
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    @Smapty @JohnnySteelAlpha it's funny that we all prefer a different toon in that flex spot. I do much better with tarkin as my 5th. His back-to-back opening is just incredible.
  • Options
    Nebulous wrote: »
    @Smapty @JohnnySteelAlpha it's funny that we all prefer a different toon in that flex spot. I do much better with tarkin as my 5th. His back-to-back opening is just incredible.

Tark would be my #2, I've been a huge GMT supporter and arena user since the rework, but I like how much better Shore and DT perform with Veers. DT with O up, cc boost from Veers unique, speed up, and the 50% TM boost just goes bonkers. 12-13k crits on basic (so 24-26 on rebels) and 30k+ on DM. Let's me put a slower mod set on him and max damage (he's 220 + 96) and let the Veers basic and TM mechanics speed him up. At 25% speed boost on 220 he's running 275 I believe (i'm not 100% sure it applies post mod bumps or not, but believe it does).

I also have Shore at 207 and with speed up and O up he's fast...but crucially, having the extra buffs on him when he's dispelled he can spam the taunt effectively, which helps overall team speed cause he can stay in taut while specials are being used. My thrawn is zeta'd as well, so dispelling shore and having those same buffs pop up on him in that same round just tanks him up more. Dispelling speed up, O up, crit immunity, and taunt from shore (or it just dropping off) and then him adding those back on is a total of almost 10.5k protection for free in my setup. That's happening pretty consistently throughout the match.

What could potentially be interesting is a OP DT strategy - have a zeta DT alongside zVeers AND DK .. so cc boost and O / speed up / TM gain from veers and TM gain / CD boost from DK. For 5 debuffed enemies, 50% CD on top of the 30 I'm seeing....45k crit on DM? 5 debuffed rebels would be a 60k+ crit I believe (assuming the DK unique stack is additive - not sure). Either way - you'd be looking at an insane death trooper flanked by those two ... and under a Thrawn lead.. :)
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Options
    I like and sometimes use Veers and Tarkin also in that team.

I like to sub out snow for DN when I use veers for a little more trooper action. It's a great team but those Zarriss teams can be annoying without DN to take people out.

Tarkin is great as well but I like the synergy a little more with Krennic and DT together.

I like the idea of Krennic, Veers and DT... might drop DN and try it out... but again vs those Zarriss teams it might not do quite as well as without DN in the mix
  • Options
    So @Smapty, I was taking a look at your mods, because your videos are beautiful and bring a tear to my mighty eye.

image.jpg

So obviously speed is important for every character on your team, but were your choices for set bonuses intentional, or just because you happened to have similar mods with + speed and figured you'd match them up?

Thrawn: You went with the fastest speed mods you had, and finished a health and defense set. You're even using 2 Defense primaries to get +15 speed. Was it all about the speed, or was the extra Defense a factor?

Krennic: Speed (obviously), but you went Crit Chance, Defense, and Tenacity for set bonuses. Was this just because, or did you have a reason for Defense and Tenacity?

Deathtrooper: More speed than Krennic, but Offense and Crit Chance sets, including a +12% crit chance triangle. Was there a reason to go Offense instead of Crit Damage?

Shoretrooper: You focused on Protection primaries, and for sets went Defense (tank, I get it) and Crit Damage here, even putting in a +3 speed mod to finish the CD set. Is there a reason to put CD on Shore, or was it just because you had an almost full set so might as well finish it off?

Darth Nihilus: Speed about the same as DT, but Crit Damage and HP. Any reason for the CD? I would have thought DN wouldn't really benefit from this. His basic is mainly for dispelling and he has the one shot kill, so CD doesn't really come into play, does it?

Tarkin: I think the Tarkster might have some cast off mods, since he's not even using a speed primary arrow. I'll ignore what he has and assume you'd remod him (maybe with what DN has) if you would sub him in to your team. But I'd still love to hear your thoughts on best modding him.

Annnnnnnnnnyway, thanks for your time! Love the videos, and thanks for showing the power ... of the dark side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P7iCqC_DaE
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @TheMegaSage I tend to move mods around a lot playing around with different turn orders or different characters... so sometimes whatever random set will just get moved to another character out of laziness.

When I settle on a specific team for a little while I might try and oprtimize them and make the sets make more sense for their role in the group... but usually that's too much effort and I wind up moving things again so it's kind of whatever lol

I wouldn't read too much into the mod sets... usually it's just because they have decent speed secondaries and can earn a set bonus of some sort...

Usually just getting the team to ideally move in a certain order is the main concern... The set bonuses are just a bonus ;)
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @HeroOfCanton

@Gaidal_Cain
    https://swgoh.gg/u/heroofcanton/
    I know my Thrawn and death trooper are a little weak gear wise, I'm working on the the stun guns to get them to 10. Once they hit ten, they'll have about half the gear waiting for them.
    Shore and Nihilus are at 6*, Thrawn 5, and death only 4. I know he's definitely a weak point.
    Aside from tarkin, my mods aren't whale level, but fairly solid.
    Shard wise, there is a healthy mix of a couple zaul, a couple Zader, a couple Thrawn (with GK instead of tarkin), a couple zGJ, a couple triple cleanse, a couple nihilus, and couple wedge chaze teams. Aside from the pure sith teams, pretty much everyone aside from me has go (my guild is finally farming heroic recently)
    Aside from a couple assassins, and a couple fast chirrut, my Thrawn usually goes first.

@HeroOfCanton

The gear on Thrawn will help keep him alive longer and will help him hit harder but isn't too big of an issue really. However, the gear/star level on DT is HUGE.

He's an attacker and a slow one at that. He needs two Mk6 Thermal Detonators to gain his max base speed of 124. Your mods are pretty solid but he really needs that extra 12 speed from those Detonators.

In addition, DT hits much harder with Krennic in the line up so missing him AND all those stars and gear is really limiting your squad's potential.

DN is great but it is pretty easy for a human player to keep your DN from getting off annihilate. Especially considering yours isn't all that fast and he gains no bonuses from Thrawn lead. Until your squad gets that first kill, DT can't deathmark anyone which further hampers your squad.

I Think that has a lot to do with your squad's underperformance on defense.

-~-~-~

Once you get DT closer to maxed and if you are able to get Krennic to a usable level, then you will really be able to see that squads potential.

Of course (DT will need his Zeta before you can put Krennic in anyways so that likely won't happen any time soon).

All in all, your mods look really well matched for your toons so good job there.

Shoretrooper from G10 to G11 goes from tank to an impenetrable wall.

Unfortunately he needs the same gear that Tarkin and DT and Thrawn need.

The squad you are running is really really good once maxed. It just looks like you've got a couple solid months of farming ahead of you to get them up to snuff.
  • Options
    @Smapty team looks insane on auto! Does it stay top 10 throught defense day?
  • Options
    @TheMegaSage I tend to move mods around a lot playing around with different turn orders or different characters... so sometimes whatever random set will just get moved to another character out of laziness.

When I settle on a specific team for a little while I might try and oprtimize them and make the sets make more sense for their role in the group... but usually that's too much effort and I wind up moving things again so it's kind of whatever lol

I wouldn't read too much into the mod sets... usually it's just because they have decent speed secondaries and can earn a set bonus of some sort...

Usually just getting the team to ideally move in a certain order is the main concern... The set bonuses are just a bonus ;)

Ahhhhhh, cool cool cool. Amazing that your team is so effective without really optimizing mods. Even your speed mods aren't CRaZy or anything. I think DT has your fastest set, but even that is only +90-100 so.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :)
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been detailed somewhere in the 3000 (!) posts of this thread, and if so apologies for the duplicate post, but I just can't find it. :)

So any 'meta Empire' squad right now seems to require Shawn of the Dead (Shoretrooper/Thrawn/Deathtrooper), and then two of Tarkin, Krennic, Veers, or Darth Nihilus (I'll try not to judge you too harshly for breaking up the pure Empire synergy :wink: ). Alternate characters, which are still good but would definitely not be 'meta', include Emperor Palpatine, Tie Fighter Pilot, Darth Vader, or Snowtrooper.

That being said, and just from my reading of the past dozen pages, the best 'pure Empire' team seems to be:

Thrawn (l), Tarkin, Shoretrooper, Krennic, Deathtrooper

Thrawn fractures and as a leader gives crazy TM and the ability to quickly cycle to refresh cooldowns, Tarkin has a killer opening, DT brings the damage and also increases cooldowns and removes buffs, Krennic provides synergy and acts as the second DPS, and Shoretrooper tanks, heals, and gives crit immunity.

It's a beautiful squad, is what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, going purely off the five listed above, what order would you recommend for zetaing to become the ultimate group for the Arena?
  • Options
    I'm sure this has been detailed somewhere in the 3000 (!) posts of this thread, and if so apologies for the duplicate post, but I just can't find it. :)

So any 'meta Empire' squad right now seems to require Shawn of the Dead (Shoretrooper/Thrawn/Deathtrooper), and then two of Tarkin, Krennic, Veers, or Darth Nihilus (I'll try not to judge you too harshly for breaking up the pure Empire synergy :wink: ). Alternate characters, which are still good but would definitely not be 'meta', include Emperor Palpatine, Tie Fighter Pilot, Darth Vader, or Snowtrooper.

That being said, and just from my reading of the past dozen pages, the best 'pure Empire' team seems to be:

Thrawn fractures and as a leader gives crazy TM and the ability to quickly cycle to refresh cooldowns, Tarkin has a killer opening, DT brings the damage and also increases cooldowns and removes buffs, Krennic provides synergy and acts as the second DPS, and Shoretrooper tanks, heals, and gives crit immunity.

Anyway, going purely off the five listed above, what order would you recommend for zetaing to become the ultimate group for the Arena?

Deathtrooper's zeta has to be first -- Krennic won't survive long without it. Then Thrawn's unique, then Thrawn's lead. I haven't zeta'd Tarkin's unique, and (at least at this time) don't see enough value to it.
  • Options

"Shawn of the Dead" haha, I love it!

In terms of Zeta's for the squad I would say DT's Zeta is an absolute must for running Krennic.

I've run Thrawn lead before I Zeta'd him and it's still good without it. I still don't have Thrawn's unqiue Zeta'd yet so I can't speak to that. I have Tarkin's unique Zeta'd but I did that before Thrawn was even confirmed. It's definitely good. Some of my shardmates target Tarkin first when fighting me so any extra defense is helpful.

With that being said I would say: DT, Thrawn lead, Thrawn unique/Tarkin unique.

Others may disagree but that's my two cents.
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Having zetad tarkins unique I can confirm that it's not overly fantastic. It's giving me about 5-6000 extra damage on Firepower on a full debuffed team, crits for 18-22k now. It's nice but Death and Thrawn are much higher priority. Also interesting to note I've gotten my Thrawn to give tarkin turn meter every single opening move now. Why? Not sure but I think it's cause when everyone is at full hp tarkin has the lowest natural protection.