The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Looking to use my first zeta should get it in the next few days

I run Thrawn L, Vader, Palp, RG and Nihlus currently farming DT to sub into the squad

Any advice would be appreciated

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthmot/
  • Options
    DarthMot wrote: »
    Looking to use my first zeta should get it in the next few days

I run Thrawn L, Vader, Palp, RG and Nihlus currently farming DT to sub into the squad

Any advice would be appreciated

https://swgoh.gg/u/darthmot/

With your squad it's hard not to argue Zader. He'll drastically improve your pit, AAT, GW and likely arena position.
  • Botcher
    49 posts Member
    Options
    @Smapty thanks a ton for your insight and help. FOR THE EMPIRE!!!!
  • Options
    I am sitting on a zeta right now. How relevant is Tarkin's unique when zetaed?
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

I don't have him zeta'd yet but since he gains Defense based on his potency, I think it's a nice to have since his health pool is not high.
  • Options
    I've been running thrawn (zl), dt, shore, tfp, nihilus for a bit now. Tfp allows me to get that first kill quickly, and buff block the other team. He also gives me a way around all of the tenacity up. I can easily get to first everyday, most battles with mostly full h/p. However, it droids to around 20 overnight. I'm planning on replacing tfp with GK as soon as I can get some more carbantis, hopefully that will help it hold better.
  • Options
    Hi, I am using old Empire team with zThrawn (Thrawn zl, Vade, EP, TFP, ShT) and I want do some changes to imp. troopers, maybe Nihilus. But dont have 7* all of them, for example DN 4*, DT 5*. Are they still viable?
  • Options
    Until yesterday i played Thrawn, DT, GK, Shore + Nihiluls with 270@ thrawn, 244 at DT,224 GK, 214 Shore and 230 Nihilus. As i dropped to 17 overnight (from r2) i have now switched to Tarkin Lead (243) with Nihil at 232, DT at 250, Thrawn at 249 and GK 226, on offense it is a blast, lets see if i will drop further than with the Thrawn Team...have thought about switching shore into it instead of GK, but i think i will miss the Cleanse + Retribution up...anyone uses Tarkin, Thrawn, DT, Nihil + Shore?
  • Options
    Algeroth wrote: »
    Hi, I am using old Empire team with zThrawn (Thrawn zl, Vade, EP, TFP, ShT) and I want do some changes to imp. troopers, maybe Nihilus. But dont have 7* all of them, for example DN 4*, DT 5*. Are they still viable?

Yes. Get their gear up and speed :)
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Any one using Gar Saxon maxed?
  • Options
    Slaywalker wrote: »
    Until yesterday i played Thrawn, DT, GK, Shore + Nihiluls with 270@ thrawn, 244 at DT,224 GK, 214 Shore and 230 Nihilus. As i dropped to 17 overnight (from r2) i have now switched to Tarkin Lead (243) with Nihil at 232, DT at 250, Thrawn at 249 and GK 226, on offense it is a blast, lets see if i will drop further than with the Thrawn Team...have thought about switching shore into it instead of GK, but i think i will miss the Cleanse + Retribution up...anyone uses Tarkin, Thrawn, DT, Nihil + Shore?

I ran Tarkin (L), Thrawn, DK, DT, GK for about a week before swapping the lead to Thrawn. Held much better with Thrawn, and my shardmates reported that the team was tougher. Just yesterday swapped in Shore for GK and did well.
  • Options
    Running zzThrawn, DT, ShT, zDN and EP with some success. Thrawn gives EP a bit more survivability. I'll have GK in a few weeks and it'll be a few more weeks before I have him geared up. In the meantime, who should I run instead of EP?

https://swgoh.gg/u/onedarkhelmet/
    I was thinking Tarkin once I get another zeta, but would R2 or even Leia be an option with the buffs (protection regeneration) they provide?

I ended up running with Vader yesterday. His CB was able to get the first kill relatively quickly allowing DT to get deathmark going early, but he added very little other than that.

First kill is

@Dark_Helmet152 his Zeta is nice and makes him harder to kill but it isn't game changing by any means.

I ran zTarkin in a Zader squad and having a all debuffed enemies the whole match made him a tank.

Without permaDOT's though, once the opposing squad cleanses, he's easy to pick off.
  • Options
    so now you run thrawn lead dt nihilus shore and - tarkin? or krennic?
  • Options
    Slaywalker wrote: »
    so now you run thrawn lead dt nihilus shore and - tarkin? or krennic?

Me? I run Thrawn, Tarkin, DT, DK, Shore. No Nihilus (he would probably technically be an improvement, but I'm enjoying the full empire offense).
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi all I'm looking to potentially transition my arena team into an empire team. My gear is still a bit low on most except empire toons except EP, but I have some stored up so I could bump them a bit. Currently sitting 30-70 in arena, but also approaching my first zeta (halfway there).

Does it make sense to transition my arena squad to empire, which team would you recommend, and what gear level would probably be sufficient to switch over?

Any advice would be appreciated!

https://swgoh.gg/u/tyrael ttsb co/
  • Options
    Hey Guys,

Looking to convert back to an empire squad in arena. I ran EP lead for a while back in Dec, and then converted to Zader. I started dropping too much with all the Rex squads in my shard so I am currently running Rex (L) Zylo EP STHan DNz.

I managed to unlock Thrawn at 5* and am gearing up him and Tarkin from G9-G10 at the moment. I am thinking or running the Tarkin Thrawn DT Shore DN team that seems to be popular.

I don't entirely understand Tarkin and DTs kit. Does someone have a good video that explains how to run this team together. Preferred turn order and what abilities to use when etc. Also what omegas are crucial (still have a few to fill in)

Also wondering if DT is viable at 5* or if I should swap someone else in. I have stopped farming him for the time being to get Luke and Old Ben starred up in prep of the next heroes journey event...

Here is my swgoh profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/rodgerdodger/
  • Options
    Running zzThrawn, DT, ShT, zDN and EP with some success. Thrawn gives EP a bit more survivability. I'll have GK in a few weeks and it'll be a few more weeks before I have him geared up. In the meantime, who should I run instead of EP?

I was thinking Tarkin once I get another zeta, but would R2 or even Leia be an option with the buffs (protection regeneration) they provide?

I ended up running with Vader yesterday. His CB was able to get the first kill relatively quickly allowing DT to get deathmark going early, but he added very little other than that.

First kill is

@Dark_Helmet152 his Zeta is nice and makes him harder to kill but it isn't game changing by any means.

I ran zTarkin in a Zader squad and having a all debuffed enemies the whole match made him a tank.

Without permaDOT's though, once the opposing squad cleanses, he's easy to pick off.

How noticeable is the damage increase to his AOE.
  • Options
    Tyrael wrote: »
    Hi all I'm looking to potentially transition my arena team into an empire team. My gear is still a bit low on most except empire toons except EP, but I have some stored up so I could bump them a bit. Currently sitting 30-70 in arena, but also approaching my first zeta (halfway there).

Does it make sense to transition my arena squad to empire, which team would you recommend, and what gear level would probably be sufficient to switch over?

Any advice would be appreciated!

https://swgoh.gg/u/tyrael ttsb co/

Long term, you won't regret farming Empire.

It is a strong and versatile faction and you will need them to get R2.

Short term, you see to be a ways off from Empire viability.

Deathtrooper and Thrawn are very important to a strong Empire team right now. Darth Nihilus can somewhat substitute DT but you don't have him unlocked yet either.

You seem to be on a very young shard since you haven't hit the level cap yet.

Whatever you do you need to think about having an AOE dispeller and a solid cleanser.

You might not need them now but you will soon.

Last thing to keep in mind is that Empire really needs a couple of Zeta's to be arena viable (At least end game). Rebels don't but very soon Lando will become all but useless once GK hits your arena shard.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    This is all 12 nodes of GW with the troopers... I did sub in Shoretrooper for Magma at 9. These guys were made for galactic war.

https://youtu.be/LBZcDXXj1UA
  • Options

First kill is

Not sure exactly, but my Tarkin is maxed.
    Under Krennic lead he can crit for up to 17k (9k non crit) with only using Intimidation tactics and no build from his basic.
    I believe under Zader he crits for about 14k with no buildup.

Not sure how that compares to a lower gear and not Zeta'd Tarkin.

Under other leads he doesn't hit quite as hard and his crit chance is pretty low so I am lucky to get more than one crit out of 5 hits.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    Options
    @Gaidal_Cain Thanks for the input! Looking into dispellers and cleansers at the moment. Unfortunately my closest is chaze but empire looks so much more interesting. I'm also approaching my first zeta which is wtshy I was thinking empire.

Lando is already pretty much obsolete on my team, he just helps with some speed deficit. It is a pretty young shard I think Nov of 16 but gk is starting to show up a bit! Mine is quite a ways away for now.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey, I was just wondering if those who have beaten the forest moon ewok event think I will be able to beat it with my Empire toons or if there is anything i can do to improve my chances. Thx in advanced!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/riffinator99/collection/?f=empire
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    @Riffinator I think you have the toons to do the lower tier. You may need some really good RNG for the bonus tier.
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Hey, I was just wondering if those who have beaten the forest moon ewok event think I will be able to beat it with my Empire toons or if there is anything i can do to improve my chances. Thx in advanced!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/riffinator99/collection/?f=empire

Veers lead plus Troopers does pretty well with Forest Moon even at lower gear levels. Make sure you got some crit chance and crit damage on Snowtrooper and he will be your MVP with Veers lead.

I think my Troopers were mostly gear 8 (DT was gear 11 though) and 5-6* last time and I smoked both tiers.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

First kill is

Under Krennic lead he can crit for up to 17k (9k non crit) with only using Intimidation tactics and no build from his basic.

Under other leads he doesn't hit quite as hard and his crit chance is pretty low so I am lucky to get more than one crit out of 5 hits.

I don't have Tarkin zeta'd but under Veers lead, he needs 2 or 3 loads to do that damage (gr 10). But it also depends on your potency. Since I use him in P2, I was thinking of putting a zeta on his unique, so it will increase both his damages and defense. He's usually the first toon to die in P2 for now.
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    What is better ZZThrawn DT DN Shore GK or ZZThrawn DT DN Shore DK or ZZThrawn DT DN GK DK. I don't have a really viable DK as yet ( only 5* G10) and wont even consider putting him in Arena until he hits 6* G11 but i want to know before i invest in his shards
  • Options
    BulYwif wrote: »

First kill is

I don't have Tarkin zeta'd but under Veers lead, he needs 2 or 3 loads to do that damage (gr 10). But it also depends on your potency. Since I use him in P2, I was thinking of putting a zeta on his unique, so it will increase both his damages and defense. He's usually the first toon to die in P2 for now.

I like using him in P3.

Especially with his Zeta, all those debuffed droids makes for lots of potency and defense.

I don't have Chirpa or Thrawn at 7* but I broke 1 million damage in P3 with Tarkin lead, EP, TFP, RG, and STHan.

With Tarkin lead you don't need to worry about STHan moving first. It's easy Tarkin, EP, and TFP all fast enough to move before any of the droids.

I only use Tarkin's and TFP's basics until the very end. I use RG to stun any droid that has the instakill buff and his defense up keeps STHan alive much longer.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    Options

First kill is

I like using him in P3.

Especially with his Zeta, all those debuffed droids makes for lots of potency and defense.

I don't have Chirpa or Thrawn at 7* but I broke 1 million damage in P3 with Tarkin lead, EP, TFP, RG, and STHan.

With Tarkin lead you don't need to worry about STHan moving first. It's easy Tarkin, EP, and TFP all fast enough to move before any of the droids.

I only use Tarkin's and TFP's basics until the very end. I use RG to stun any droid that has the instakill buff and his defense up keeps STHan alive much longer.

Third try with Veers + Tarkin on P2 (all gr 10) and I did yesterday 1.3M. For P3, I run the same but Teebo and I usually start by the TFP's AoE which boost him for TM and damage. But I'm not sure this is the good tactic since then, EP needs more turns to apply his shock.
  • Options

First kill is

I like using him in P3.

Third try with Veers + Tarkin on P2 (all gr 10) and I did yesterday 1.3M. For P3, I run the same but Teebo and I usually start by the TFP's AoE which boost him for TM and damage. But I'm not sure this is the good tactic since then, EP needs more turns to apply his shock.

1.3 million is pretty nice for P2!

I usually use Teebo in P3 myself and usually only do about 600k. On a whim I tried Tarkin lead and it worked out better.(I could have just gotten really lucky RNG.)

My Trooper squad made it to enrage on P4 yesterday but only did 1.1 million. I think once I Zeta Veers it will improve that slightly. Still getting used to using them.
  • Mekic
    8 posts Member
    Options
    SamoBudo wrote: »
    What is better ZZThrawn DT DN Shore GK or ZZThrawn DT DN Shore DK or ZZThrawn DT DN GK DK. I don't have a really viable DK as yet ( only 5* G10) and wont even consider putting him in Arena until he hits 6* G11 but i want to know before i invest in his shards

I have the same question. I currently run zzThrawn, Shore, DT, DN, and GK but working on Krennic since he seems to be the next logical piece to play around with. The team is very strong as is so I have a feeling it may not get much better...