High damage AOE characters

Replies

• Options
    Tak wrote: »
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Phasma gives your team advantage and has an AoE attack

she hits like wet noodles though

Phasma is one of the best leaders around right now despite hitting like a wet noodle. Turn control,speed down and assist procs are insane

She's very overrated. Against the speedy high damage offense, she or her toons will be dead before she has the chance to control meters.

• Options
    Phasma hits hard with advantage and crits often and is an awesome leader who can grant turn meter+advantage which generally procs her leader ability= extra turns and she can slow the entire other team which seems to hit 3 or more regularly. Leader or not she is a strong charcter with potential for good damage and **** loads of health+armour
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    Phasma hits hard with advantage and crits often and is an awesome leader who can grant turn meter+advantage which generally procs her leader ability= extra turns and she can slow the entire other team which seems to hit 3 or more regularly. Leader or not she is a strong charcter with potential for good damage and **** loads of health+armour

Maybe when the cap is raised, and she improves, but ATM, I don't see her beating the top teams. You will know what I am talking about when you face teams filled with glass canons and Poe. And see for yourself that if you have the chance to proc the "extra turns " you were talking about.

• Options
    Well my phasma led team took and held rank1 today
    It was taken twice and I got it back from a team of poggle, Poe, ig88,ig86 and hk47

Phasma at 7* has a ton of health and armour and has more then enough opportunity to use her abilities
  • Options
    Well my phasma led team took and held rank1 today
    It was taken twice and I got it back from a team of poggle, Poe, ig88,ig86 and hk47

Phasma at 7* has a ton of health and armour and has more then enough opportunity to use her abilities

First of all, his team would be much better if he uses phasma or Dooku instead of Poggle. Droid teams are very bad at defense, I think we all know that. The AI has no idea whom to target. You said yourself that team can take your spot which means it is able to beat your phasma led team.

Phasma only works if the other toons of the team can dish out damage because phasma herself doesn't hit hard, yet she as a leader and a meter controller lacks the speed to protect her toons. That's the fatal flaw of this build. For example, if you were to face a team like this

Sid
    QGJ
    Tie pilot
    Leia
    Poe

It's very likely that the hitters on your team will be killed before phasma has a chance to control meters, you see? Even if you manage to take turn, you are forced to target Poe because Poe offers better protection for his squad than phasma.

I'm not saying phasma is a bad character. She in fact has many useful tools like you said. When put in the right situation, she can make a tremendous difference. For example I would take her over Poggle for that droid team. But i do believe her leadership skill is overblown in its effectiveness and many people are overlooking her obvious flaws.

• Options
    But I get a whole more 5 attacks that I can use to remove Poe and my next largest threat.
    Plus with dooku and daka I have very high chance at a stun. Ns it's not a fool proof team, they never are and no team can is inbeatable in the hands of the AI. Phasma is bad of defence bc her timing is all out. But in attack she is great imo
    If I had qgj tie pilot and leia 6-7* and Poe I would use them
    But they're all under 5* arm :(
  • Options
    you have Dooku and Daka and phasma, whom else is on your team?
  • Options
    Sid and lum
  • Options
    All are 7* except dooku who is 5 shards from 6*
  • Options
    I was lucky enough to pull Lando early on, and my team is essentially built around getting the most out of his AOE. With Sid leading and Phasma ensuring he gets his turn nice and quickly, the number of crits he gets out of that AOE is incredible. Regularly turns matches for me.

So I'll keep my fingers crossed that you pull him from a pack! Wish I had a way to get him to 5 stars
  • Options
    The only 2 4*'s I don't have are boba and lando :(
  • Options
    Hey @Metschina123, I'm on your server and just wanted to say hi. Your droid team is really tough. I haven't been able to beat it yet but I'll get there.
  • Options
    I believe if you have someone
    All are 7* except dooku who is 5 shards from 6*

****, didn't know you have such a bad **** Dooku. Mine is still 4*

You seem to have a lot of characters.

May I suggest you try these two teams if you have them

1 Sid 88 Jawa Poe phasma
    2 HK 88 86 Poe phasma

I think with those two teams, you will love phasma even more.

• Options
    Leaky wrote: »
    Hey @Metschina123, I'm on your server and just wanted to say hi. Your droid team is really tough. I haven't been able to beat it yet but I'll get there.

Hey leaky, I saw you in my server as well. Good luck facing my droids! I'm improving it still, you better keep up with it.
    :p
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions
  • Leaky
    29 posts Member
    Options

Hey leaky, I saw you in my server as well. Good luck facing my droids! I'm improving it still, you better keep up with it.

I'm working on new team now. In a couple weeks I should be able to put up more of a fight.

• Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    She's very overrated. Against the speedy high damage offense, she or her toons will be dead before she has the chance to control meters.

I've been saying this since she was released, yet everyone is fawning over her. I target Phasma teams in PvP for this very reason. I'm totally okay with my opponent getting an extra hit in or two (if that) on my Poe as I decimate their entire team.
  • Options
    Noci wrote: »

I've been saying this since she was released, yet everyone is fawning over her. I target Phasma teams in PvP for this very reason. I'm totally okay with my opponent getting an extra hit in or two (if that) on my Poe as I decimate their entire team.

Yes. I knew Poe was much superior than phasma because of the speed and taunt. However if you put Poe and phasma together, it would also be very interesting.

• Options
    Leaky wrote: »

I'm working on new team now. In a couple weeks I should be able to put up more of a fight.

That's the spirit man. Looking forward to your new team!

• Noci
    81 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. I knew Poe was much superior than phasma because of the speed and taunt. However if you put Poe and phasma together, it would also be very interesting.

Agreed, I've never seen that combo before (because most people are ignoring Poe). I'm curious to see how it does.
  • Options

I think the only way Poe works well at all with Phasma is if you have 3 very strong multiple-attacker low-health toons to pair with the two. IE. Leia/Dooku/Rey. The problem with using Poe/Phasma is that Poe gets focused and he can't counter.

I'd much rather have Fives with Phasma on a counter/multi-attack team than Poe. Phasma/Fives/Kylo/Dooku/Leia seem like they would work. Rey possibly in place of Leia depending on how much less fragile she is.

People seem to be putting toons with Phasma who barely benefit. I'd much rather have the consistent crit and damage boost of a Sid than Phasma if I'm doing builds focused on AoE or glass cannons.

• Options
    Bringing this back up because I want to know how well an actual AoE team performs in the arena. I know that on defense AI will most likely screw up my ranking but I am most focused on attacking and pure fire-power.
    I still have to unlock Boba from the cantina but this is what it would look like:

4*Sid (leader)

4*Maul

5*Ventress

4*Boba

4*Poe (taunter)

Tell me what you think about it, if it has potential or not, can they kill Maul easily even with Poe´s taunt? is the damage enough? what about adding Vader when I finally unlock him? what about bringing in a healer like Lumi?
  • Mizo
    172 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Aoe teams are how you lose to counter and there are lots of chars that counter. Best aoe is DM and
    Lando
  • Options
    Bringing this back up because I want to know how well an actual AoE team performs in the arena. I know that on defense AI will most likely screw up my ranking but I am most focused on attacking and pure fire-power.
    I still have to unlock Boba from the cantina but this is what it would look like:

4*Sid (leader)

4*Maul

5*Ventress

4*Boba

4*Poe (taunter)

Tell me what you think about it, if it has potential or not, can they kill Maul easily even with Poe´s taunt? is the damage enough? what about adding Vader when I finally unlock him? what about bringing in a healer like Lumi?

88 does the more damage than boba, maul is too slow. He will be killed before he can move

• Options
    Noci wrote: »

Agreed, I've never seen that combo before (because most people are ignoring Poe). I'm curious to see how it does.

I tried it. You will get more turns.

Sid 88 Poe phasma Vader , very interesting

• Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »

I think the only way Poe works well at all with Phasma is if you have 3 very strong multiple-attacker low-health toons to pair with the two. IE. Leia/Dooku/Rey. The problem with using Poe/Phasma is that Poe gets focused and he can't counter.

I'd much rather have Fives with Phasma on a counter/multi-attack team than Poe. Phasma/Fives/Kylo/Dooku/Leia seem like they would work. Rey possibly in place of Leia depending on how much less fragile she is.

People seem to be putting toons with Phasma who barely benefit. I'd much rather have the consistent crit and damage boost of a Sid than Phasma if I'm doing builds focused on AoE or glass cannons.

I tried the phasma fives assist team. It's not as effective as I expected it. It's a little slow so it's vulnerable to a fast offense

• Breetai
    858 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Phasma is very strong as leader. If not for leader I wouldn't use her. Just today to take first place I did qgj special to call in an ally, this also procced phasma leader ability. So I had qgj, Leia, and sid all attack one little daka and she just melted away, this was the 1st attack in the fight. This has happened quite a bit.

As far as leader, why not keep sid but put boba as your leader? Boba leader ability +45% crit dmg + sid dots = ig 88 melting just about everyone. And boba can go before the healers and while his AoE is weak, he has a chance to apply ability block. Which could keep healers from healing and then pick off what ever is left.

What I think would work

Boba leader
    Sid
    Ig 88
    Poe ( han or even chewy, just keep everyone off ig 88 until he unloads )
    Poggle ( he even helps ig 88 even more and with him you should kill everything under 10k health in one AoE )
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly think as crazy as it sounds an almost full order team is going to be beastly. Lots of turn manipulation, high health, hard and fast hitting. Will be months before I find out for sure.
  • Options
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I honestly think as crazy as it sounds an almost full order team is going to be beastly. Lots of turn manipulation, high health, hard and fast hitting. Will be months before I find out for sure.

Actually I have thought of that as well. And that's actually what I want to go for, but I'm not done with daka yet ( just got 50/100 to her 7*).

I do have 6* phasma, and 6* FOTP. Phasma ready to go, gearing FOTP now. Working on officer as soon as daka is done
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Breetai wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »

Actually I have thought of that as well. And that's actually what I want to go for, but I'm not done with daka yet ( just got 50/100 to her 7*).

I do have 6* phasma, and 6* FOTP. Phasma ready to go, gearing FOTP now. Working on officer as soon as daka is done

Nice!!!! I think officer is going to bring FO synergy to the next level. I just kinda scratch my head at FO Stormtrooper tho. I farm his shards everyday anyway. But Im not sure why lol.