Can we just have Omega Battles every single weekend?

Replies

• Options
    But... you get a mat everyday at level 80. Is 7 mats a week not enough?
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    No, sounds great, 3.5 years sounds great!!
  • Options
    +999999999
  • Gungnir75
    718 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic idea Naecabon!!!

• Options
    I think it should be 3 times a week with no refresh, as a new lvl for mat challenge (unlock on 80 instead of 82). no need to give payers more advantage than they already have.
  • djwarcr
    176 posts Member
    Options
    And at least once a month get double shards on cantina, LS and DS battles
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Love the idea. Other than pure greed, can't see how this wouldn't be awesome all around.
  • AKS
    81 posts Member
    Options
    I'm in for the weekly omega tourney idea. Also, I think Sunday's should be double rewards days.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    Options
    One other idea I've heard was to put one on the last node of GW
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

Is 75 days to omega just your arena team a good amount of time? Let me know if that sounds like a nice amount of time to omega FIVE toons. Btw there's 80+ toons in the game...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Yea the rate at which we get omegas is so slow. People are saying we don't need that many because we're not going to omega bad toons but eventually there will be another cap level increase and we will need even more omegas.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Let's compare the omegas with the purple mats that it would have cost to upgrade an ability before omegas were introduced:

Currently it takes 5 omegas for one ability upgrade, and you get 1 per day, which equivilates to 1.4 abilities increased per week.

Before omegas, it took 10-12 purple mats to increase an ability, but you get around 50-60 per week (from GW, 3x challenges), which equivilates to around 5 abilities increased per week.

So...1.4, or 5...where's the logic in this? We should be making 3-5 times as many omegas as we currently are, let alone just extra on the weekends like this thread is suggesting.

If anything, we deserve at least 2 omegas per day based on how much CG gated us on this.

I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Maybe you're not supposed to have your whole arena team omega'd right away. Everyone having their skills upgraded so soon would ruin the effect of having to choose which upgrades you can and cannot go without. Just throwing stuff out there, it doesn't really bother me either way.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not supposed to have your whole arena team omega'd right away. Everyone having their skills upgraded so soon would ruin the effect of having to choose which upgrades you can and cannot go without. Just throwing stuff out there, it doesn't really bother me either way.

Sorry I must have missed the memo where 75 days was considered right away.

That said, I don't think everyone should get these all the time, but 1 a day is just unacceptably slow.
  • Options
    You mean it's NOT weekly?

You're breaking my heart Anakin!
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Make no mistake, most of us already have our arena teams omegad. That was done a long time ago.

Omegas now are used for new teams, to try new and fun and exotic stuff. I'd like to, you know, have more than one team of guys with omegas on them.

It's also incredibly painful when a change to a skill (like Fives) causes us to lose 5 omegas. It's also stinky to want to experiment with a skill only to find out it's not really as good as you'd hoped.

The point is, there's just no reason for omegas to be the gate they are unless CG/EA want to make them a high ticket item. That's fine, omega battles don't diminish the value here. They get to pocket 600 crystals a day from those of us willing to pay and those of us that don't still get a bonus omega out of the deal. There really are no losers here, because like I said, those people spending the 600 crystals on them already have their squads done. You won't notice any difference whatsoever if they get to have FUN (KEY WORD: FUN) with more of their characters than just their squad team by omegaing some new dudes.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Sorry I must have missed the memo where 75 days was considered right away.

That said, I don't think everyone should get these all the time, but 1 a day is just unacceptably slow.

75 days isn't right away. You were proposing to cut that time in half, and then add even more mats on the weekend. Which is closer to right away.
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

Make no mistake, most of us already have our arena teams omegad. That was done a long time ago.

Omegas now are used for new teams, to try new and fun and exotic stuff. I'd like to, you know, have more than one team of guys with omegas on them.

It's also incredibly painful when a change to a skill (like Fives) causes us to lose 5 omegas. It's also stinky to want to experiment with a skill only to find out it's not really as good as you'd hoped.

The point is, there's just no reason for omegas to be the gate they are unless CG/EA want to make them a high ticket item. That's fine, omega battles don't diminish the value here. They get to pocket 600 crystals a day from those of us willing to pay and those of us that don't still get a bonus omega out of the deal. There really are no losers here, because like I said, those people spending the 600 crystals on them already have their squads done. You won't notice any difference whatsoever if they get to have FUN (KEY WORD: FUN) with more of their characters than just their squad team by omegaing some new dudes.

I agree. No losers with omega events every weekend.
  • Options
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I think that's point. They want you to have to make choices probably. If every character has maxed out Omega abilities, how special then are the Omegas?

This

• Options

Agreed

• Options

Please noooooo! Not the trophy kid approach

• Options
    Do you whales really need to omega CUP, ugnaught and mob enforcer?

Plus dont you just do 20 crystal refreshes on weekends?

Yes
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am a F2P player.. I have to agree with this.. Need more omegas to stay competetive

P/s I do pay for the game once a month..
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Please noooooo! Not the trophy kid approach

How does this apply to the issue at all? Makes no sense
  • Options
    I for one am OUTRAGED that today's Omega event requires Resistance/Clone characters that I don't have, so excludes me from the event! OUTRAGED I tell you! I'm writing my congressman.
  • Options
    I for one am OUTRAGED that today's Omega event requires Resistance/Clone characters that I don't have, so excludes me from the event! OUTRAGED I tell you! I'm writing my congressman.

That is why it should be a new lvl of ability mat challenge, but unlocking at lvl 80 instead of 82. Mat lvl 2, lvl 3 and 1 omega, 3 runs for each day the challenge is open, no toon requirement, and even using an ally as it always have been. Problem solved.
  • Options

That is why it should be a new lvl of ability mat challenge, but unlocking at lvl 80 instead of 82. Mat lvl 2, lvl 3 and 1 omega, 3 runs for each day the challenge is open, no toon requirement, and even using an ally as it always have been. Problem solved.

It's not a problem, that was sarcasm.
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »

The game needs to be fun, but not too much fun.
  • OmarFPG
    458 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (: