Don't write Dooku off yet!! *Information Inside*

Prev13
WhipiT
591 posts Member
edited January 2016
I am constantly seeing people talk about replacing Dooku. He is hard to star up, he doesn't do as much damage as his peers and he is easy to kill. All true!! I won't deny that....

But......
Lets think outside the box for minute. I truly believe the meta will shift once the level cap is released. I think tanks will become viable, debuffers, cleansers, offensive buffers all will become more widely used. With that in mind lets look at Dooku's strongest skill that isn't ever discussed.

Screenshot_2016_01_05_12_10_43.jpg

The numbers we are looking at are his Potency. 140%. Crazy right? Now how this ties into actual gameplay is Dooku's speed allows him to be the first to attack most times. So from a offensive standpoint Dooku allows you the ability to pick whatever target you want and be it Poogle with his offensive buff..Poe with his taunt (checked in GW this morning against Poe even with 60% tenacity three times I was able to land it on Poe in three different fights still needs further testing) and have a xhance at stunning them effectively negating there whole purpose on the team.

It may not sound like a big deal at first because the era of buffed attacks hasn't reached the current meta on average. But it will. The right combination of character synergies with Poogle and your team could be crippled in just the first few attacks. With Poe his taunt can buy enough time for the low HP/High DPS opponents to complete there cycle unobstructed along with a possible 2k damage buff. Game changing.

And theres Dooku......started at 3*....abandoned at four star....called worthless...outdated....but that same character can completely change the landscape of a match with a simple unavoidable stun at the start of a match.

Dooku stuns Poogle. No offensive buff today insect. 4k lightning stun. Already silenced and crippled...easily picked off with the rest of your first turn attackers. Now it's a 4 vs 5.

Dooku stuns Poe. No taunt or expose today. 3k lightning..picked off by the rest of your first turn attackers.

Huge..huge advantage and a very overlooked one. So don't cast Dooku to the wayside. People claim it will take forever to star him up. That's a long time. But in reality it's easier than you think.

Farming hard missions lets say on average you get two shards a day. Add in a double recharge for 100 crystals and that number can climb to 3-4 a day. Lets just go with two shards a day.

2x30= 60. Sixty shards a month. So in reality in 3 months time you could have him at 7*. Doesn't sound like forever does it?

EDIT* Fellow players have said that 2 shards is not the average for most. I guess I am just extremely lucky.

The point of this post is I just want to remind people Dooku will have his place at 70 and he will be a very strong and very rare character as most have written him off. He is worth the investment in my humble opinion. Now go farm his shards and thank me at 70.

EDIT: Fellow players also mentioned his leadership skill may be extremely powerful at 70 and is good to use in the current meta.

Qeltar corrected me that Dooku has a 40% chance to stun against non jedi. Completely missed that as he seems to have a much higher rate of stunning but I will test it more tonight and update.
Post edited by WhipiT on

Replies

• Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    do you have a 7* Dooku? Or is this all guess work? (obviously he isn't at 70, so you are assuming that part, I understand)
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    do you have a 7* Dooku? Or is this all guess work? (obviously he isn't at 70, so you are assuming that part, I understand)

I do not. But his potency if anything will increase. His HP,damage etc will all increase. Characters never get weaker as they star up. Now his effectiveness at 70? Thats pure guess work I admit.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heh. You and I are on the same page here, WhipiT. I've been told since level 40 that I would drop Dooku because he doesn't matter at the high end, but whenever I play without him, I miss him horribly. So I have ignored this advice and continued farming him, and almost have him to 5*. I have even started recharging his nodes.
    Your drop rate estimates may be a bit generous though. I am not sure 1/3 is the right rate.
    Of course nobody knows what the meta will be, but so far, I still find a spot for him.
    BTW his stun is only 40% on non-Jedi, and there's tenacity as well, so his stun is not terribly reliable. Against Jedi, though, he's a one-man wrecking ball, and Luminara and JC are still everywhere. That's one of the reasons I am loathe to remove him - he can single-handedly take a threat like Lumi or Old Ben out of the game. If I am fighting a team with Old Ben, he gets every Dooku attack and usually never gets his special off at all. That's incredibly useful.
    Even without Jedi, going first is very handy, especially in GW where you can have him "go first" multiple times in a fight.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I am going to finish farming Anakin and then going back to Dooku. Dooku is just a pain in the "rear", and is such a game changer (like you point out). I do hate that he is so hard to farm, but so is anakin so I can do it :) (just spending all my hard earned cash on it).

Lord Yugu in my clan has a 7* dooku if you want to see the numbers.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I am going to finish farming Anakin and then going back to Dooku. Dooku is just a pain in the "rear", and is such a game changer (like you point out). I do hate that he is so hard to farm, but so is anakin so I can do it :) (just spending all my hard earned cash on it).

Lord Yugu in my clan has a 7* dooku if you want to see the numbers.

I would love to see the numbers my friend!
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how damage also scales at 70, with increased health pools. I have no idea (is it linear, possibly exponential, what about health?). Will also be interesting to see what new gear we have access to and if Potency or Tenacity get big increases as well for some characters. It does kind of feel like we may be in for some slogfests possibly, which I think is great.

I'm looking at a missing Leia piece that is straight up +25 AGI (does require 50 purple mats though... lol). But these kind of stat increases could be insane.

I always liked Dooku and I agree, if I could have him at 6 or 7 stars, I'd be using him like crazy. I started off farming for him but then definitely switched to some other ones (i.e. FOTP, Luminara). He's definitely fallen into the "Abandoned/Worthless" phase for me, but your post is making me rethink on him, maybe I should get him into some purples.

Regarding Potency, every now and then, I see "Deflected" from characters, which seems to be at 0 for all my characters. Is this ever going to be a thing too? Whether it be Dodging, Resisting or Deflecting an attack, I wonder how much of a factor that will play at the new level cap too.
  • Cythis
    273 posts Member
    Options
    WhipiT wrote: »

I do not. But his potency if anything will increase. His HP,damage etc will all increase. Characters never get weaker as they star up. Now his effectiveness at 70? Thats pure guess work I admit.

Completely agree with you. He is going to shine in a phasma/assist build that extra damage he will get after 60 should really shine. I am assuming since his last skill stops at 5.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Heh. You and I are on the same page here, WhipiT. I've been told since level 40 that I would drop Dooku because he doesn't matter at the high end, but whenever I play without him, I miss him horribly. So I have ignored this advice and continued farming him, and almost have him to 5*. I have even started recharging his nodes.
    Your drop rate estimates may be a bit generous though. I am not sure 1/3 is the right rate.
    Of course nobody knows what the meta will be, but so far, I still find a spot for him.
    BTW his stun is only 40% on non-Jedi, and there's tenacity as well, so his stun is not terribly reliable. Against Jedi, though, he's a one-man wrecking ball, and Luminara and JC are still everywhere. That's one of the reasons I am loathe to remove him - he can single-handedly take a threat like Lumi or Old Ben out of the game. If I am fighting a team with Old Ben, he gets every Dooku attack and usually never gets his special off at all. That's incredibly useful.
    Even without Jedi, going first is very handy, especially in GW where you can have him "go first" multiple times in a fight.

Excellent points! I truly forgot about the 40% chance to stun non jedi! Thank you for the correction. I guess I got excited because Ive been testing him against teams all morning and it almost always lands. I got really excited he could land it over Poe's tenacity lol. But thanks my friend for that info.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    The main reason I have yet to farm him, is fearful he will be nerfed (changed), or possibly Yoda is going to be such a Sith Killer that it will be too risky to run him.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Double post.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Options
    Don't forget his leader ability which is really strong. 13.5% evasion with offense up on evade, I'm surprised only 1 person uses this on my server. As others have mentioned he's already a nightmare with phasma.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dooku is a set piece. He is very, very helpful as a counter on attack to some of the guys you listed. But he is of minimal use against a lot of teams and usually a non-factor on defense when you can't choose who to focus. It comes down to that first turn and if you fail to stun the guy you're countering he becomes a problem on your team.

I think gearing him up is worthwhile but I don't see the importance of 7* considering the investment you have to put into him that would otherwise go towards gear or other hard shardable chars.

I replaced him with Vader (who has subsequently been replaced by Poggle) and haven't looked back. The only time I've brought him out since was against a droid team specifically to ice Poggle so the IG's wouldn't demolish me.

Also as mentioned elsewhere I'm very concerned about the guys who currently have top speed at gear 7. They may drop relative to others with gear 8 making them less capable. Dooku is probably going to be ok but it's hard to judge w/o seeing the numbers.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Two other interesting things about him:
    1. His last two Gear VII pieces are level 61 and 62, and they are easy ones, so he'll have them almost immediately after the cap raises.
    2. One of those pieces gives him +30% tenacity, which almost doubles his current number.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    The main reason I have yet to farm him, is fearful he will be nerfed (changed), or possibly Yoda is going to be such a Sith Killer that it will be too risky to run him.

Lol good point. I hope not..but very possible.
  • Options
    I really liked the OP but I LOL'd at ~2 dooku shards a day based on my recent experience!
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Time wrote: »
    Don't forget his leader ability which is really strong. 13.5% evasion with offense up on evade, I'm surprised only 1 person uses this on my server. As others have mentioned he's already a nightmare with phasma.

And I did forget it! Wonder how much it will increase in higher ranks.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Time wrote: »

And I did forget it! Wonder how much it will increase in higher ranks.

You know, I have never even used it. I just assumed I would be using Phasma's leader ability (for obvious reasons) but that could be fun to experiment with.
  • Options
    im still using him. he only seems weak because hes 4 star vs others at 7 star. at an equivalent gear/star level, hes a huge pita
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    FLIK87 wrote: »
    I really liked the OP but I LOL'd at ~2 dooku shards a day based on my recent experience!

That's so odd to me. I hear people say that a lot but I 90% of the time get at least two shards without resetting the node. I've gotten 5-6 shards somedays although rare. Guess I am just lucky.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Two other interesting things about him:
    1. His last two Gear VII pieces are level 61 and 62, and they are easy ones, so he'll have them almost immediately after the cap raises.
    2. One of those pieces gives him +30% tenacity, which almost doubles his current number.

Nice!!!!! Old Dooku. Who would have thought that old man would be this versatile.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FLIK87 wrote: »

That's so odd to me. I hear people say that a lot but I 90% of the time get at least two shards without resetting the node. I've gotten 5-6 shards somedays although rare. Guess I am just lucky.

I consider 2/6 a good day for Dooku. I think once I got 3/6. I have gotten 1/6 countless times, and 0/6 more than once.
    I have never gotten 5 shards even after a double-refill. Best is 4/12.
  • Options
    I have been farming him everyday since starting this game a month ago and on average get only 1/6. The main reason im sitting at 63 of 65 is because a bronzeium dropped him agian and converted to 25 shards. He is not easy to acquire but being able to stun Lumi or JC straight out of the gate is a big help.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    Options
    Good insight. Most likely CG will release more characters like dooku, with speed and stun.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    If thats the average drop rates for most..that has to be changed. Thats crazy. I can't ever remember going 0/6. Ive always thought the drop rates were fair as 2-3 a day is the norm for me. I wonder if there are hidden boost percentages for the amount of money spent like a VIP encoded into the % of shard drops. I'm wondering because I have 3 other accounts and honestly I dont farm hard nodes on them to compare. But I have very little money in them and I am farming Kylo on everyone. My main account which I am up to about 1.5k invested my Kylo is like 30 shards from 7*. And thats unlocking from scratch I didnt buy the character pack. I buy up to the 200 crystal refill everyday for cantina on all accounts but one. For some reason while I am almost 7* Kylo on my main account I only have him 5* on the other two accounts yet it was the same number of attempts...hmmm.

Idk. Wonder if other investers can share there farming rates on hard nodes and Cantina.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am farming anakin and I get about 7-10 shards a day.

I do both locations, I do the 50 reset on both, and sometimes all the way up till I get to the 200 reset. So I think that is a 50 + 3 100's. So 700 crystals just on the resets,.

Doing that is 384 energy, so divided by 120 is 3.2 refills. Which cost 50+50 +100. So another 200.

So in a day I spend 900 crystals on just Anakin, and get 7-10 shards. Not a great return, but I want him bad :)

PS: Dooku should be about the same, though Dooku is 12 stamina, instead of 16 I believe. So it should cost you less on refills.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Drop rate on Cantina is higher than on missions. I average 1/3 pretty consistently on Cantina, do not on missions.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    I am farming anakin and I get about 7-10 shards a day.

I do both locations, I do the 50 reset on both, and sometimes all the way up till I get to the 200 reset. So I think that is a 50 + 3 100's. So 700 crystals just on the resets,.

Doing that is 384 energy, so divided by 120 is 3.2 refills. Which cost 50+50 +100. So another 200.

So in a day I spend 900 crystals on just Anakin, and get 7-10 shards. Not a great return, but I want him bad :)

PS: Dooku should be about the same, though Dooku is 12 stamina, instead of 16 I believe. So it should cost you less on refills.

Awesome information!! Anakin could be the sleeping dragon.
  • Options
    My main account had a glitch where I didn't get Dooku from the DS starter pack (since resolved), but while I was waiting for that to work out I started a second account where the Dooku purchase worked. In 3 weeks of farming shards I have gone 0/6 many of the days, while the best I have ever gotten is 2/6. I am at 23/30 for getting him to 4* - and like I said, that's after 3 weeks.

Regardless which "Hard" mission I try to farm 1/3 is a good day for me. Over half of the days I go 0/3. Cantina seems to be more reliable for me where I almost always get 1/3 on average for the day.

That's based on 2 accounts - $5 spent total in each of them, for what it's worth.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    So I just bought 120 energy for 100 crystals, and I farmed Dooku 12 times (free 6, and then paid 50 to refresh it once for each).

I got 4 shards from the 12 times. I feel that is lucky :), but that is what I got.

Also cost 200 crystals total to do this, and should cut farming time in half.
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    Options
    So I just bought 120 energy for 100 crystals, and I farmed Dooku 12 times (free 6, and then paid 50 to refresh it once for each).

I got 4 shards from the 12 times. I feel that is lucky :), but that is what I got.

Also cost 200 crystals total to do this, and should cut farming time in half.

Thank you for that info. If others can post there exact drop rates we can create a solid average.