Recent Temporary Suspensions Announcement : Comments (Merged threads) *** Megathread***

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yourwinner wrote: »
    Nebulous wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    For those wondering, anyone who obtained extra shards for Han Solo during the window where they could get extra Raid rewards and promoted him from 5 star to lets say, 7 star, WILL have their Han Solo bumped back down to 5 star. Gear will also be removed.

And I know some of you are going to ask "But why didn't you do this for the 7 star Vaders running around?". Well guess what, we're going to be going back and bumping those Vaders down as well once we've handled the current issue of the extra Raid rewards.

@Naecabon

@BentWookiee so am I allowed by forum rules to keep my side of the bet? Change my profile picture and post whatever Naecabon asks me to write? I'm more than happy to do it providing I won't be punished from the mods. Please let us know :smile:

As long as everything is by ToS whatever you guys come up with is gold... ignore that, then.. banned camp. :/

Have fun.

Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Justthetipjedi i gave up on you in that thread. You were basically saying the same thing i was, all whilst thinking you were disagreeing with me and explaining how the freemium model works. How you got that i dont believe in personal responsibility from that thread is beyond me.
    OT: its not so much that i can't fanthom that someone doesn't push a button that gives him extra rewards, its just that i find it unlikely. In hindsight its really easy to say that you should have known not to claim the same reward multiple times, but if you are confronted with another raid reward showing up out of the blue its a logical response to claim it and see what happens. That is basic human behaviour.
    I find the lack of compasion for fellow gamers ofputting, demanding bans and severe punishments for players who might not even noticed what was going on, not everybody who plays this game is an experienced gamer. If you dont know exactly what is in your inventory you might have thought it didnt register that you claimed it. After all, its a clear bug that is caused by EA/CG, and not by any doing on the player side.
    Retreving the wrongfully rewarded raid rewards is a good sollution. EA/CG took responsibility for their own fault. This way players who claimed multiple reward on purpose or by accident gain no advantage over other players, so there are no victims. Since there is no way to tell the people who did it on purpose appart from the accidentel "offenders" asking for bans is out of the question. Furthermore i highly doubt that the people who are asking for bans, acting holier than the pope, would judge themselfes the same way if they made the unfortunate mistake of claiming a reward that was right in front of their noses.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Salacious_Slug
    255 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For those wondering, anyone who obtained extra shards for Han Solo during the window where they could get extra Raid rewards and promoted him from 5 star to lets say, 7 star, WILL have their Han Solo bumped back down to 5 star. Gear will also be removed.

And I know some of you are going to ask "But why didn't you do this for the 7 star Vaders running around?". Well guess what, we're going to be going back and bumping those Vaders down as well once we've handled the current issue of the extra Raid rewards.

@Naecabon

@BentWookiee so am I allowed by forum rules to keep my side of the bet? Change my profile picture and post whatever Naecabon asks me to write? I'm more than happy to do it providing I won't be punished from the mods. Please let us know :smile:

As long as everything is by ToS whatever you guys come up with is gold... ignore the,.. then... banned camp. :/

Have fun.

What does banned camp mean?
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    @Justthetipjedi i gave up on you in that thread. You were basically saying the same thing i was, all whilst thinking you were disagreeing with me and explaining how the freemium model works. How you got that i dont believe in personal responsibility from that thread is beyond me.
    OT: its not so much that i can't fanthom that someone doesn't push a button that gives him extra rewards, its just that i find it unlikely. In hindsight its really easy to say that you should have known not to claim the same reward multiple times, but if you are confronted with another raid reward showing up out of the blue its a logical response to claim it and see what happens. That is basic human behaviour.
    I find the lack of compasion for fellow gamers ofputting, demanding bans and severe punishments for players who might not even noticed what was going on, not everybody who plays this game is an experienced gamer. If you dont know exactly what is in your inventory you might have thought it didnt register that you claimed it. After all, its a clear bug that is caused by EA/CG, and not by any doing on the player side.
    Retreving the wrongfully rewarded raid rewards is a good sollution. EA/CG took responsibility for their own fault. This way players who claimed multiple reward on purpose or by accident gain no advantage over other players, so there are no victims. Since there is no way to tell the people who did it on purpose appart from the accidentel "offenders" asking for bans is out of the question. Furthermore i highly doubt that the people who are asking for bans, acting holier than the pope, would judge themselfes the same way if they made the unfortunate mistake of claiming a reward that was right in front of their noses.

Holier than the pope has nothing to do with your hot pursuit of my claiming a second reward. I don't do it. If you don't believe that it's no skin off of my member.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    tumblr_mkfikzYi9j1qf5hjqo8_250.gif

Sweet justice!
    Keep Calm and Keep P2W
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Aaand I just got a client restart and 500 crystals! Thanks!
  • Options
    Same here. Why did we get 500 crystals?
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    djvita wrote: »

If it shows up again, don't take it. It's a trap.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Holier than the pope has nothing to do with your hot pursuit of my claiming a second reward. I don't do it. If you don't believe that it's no skin off of my member.

I dont think you claimed a second reward, nor did i ever say you claimed a second reward. Even if you claimed a second reward i will give you the benefit of the doubt and believe that it was an honest mistake. It could happen to anyone, thats why i think you should not be asking for bans. From the start of this thread it was clear noone got to keep their rewards, this was never open for debate. I just disagreed that people should be punished more than they are now. I thought that was pretty clear..
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »

If it shows up again, don't take it. It's a trap.

Definitely a test of trust!!!!

• Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Nice, thanks for the update and the rollbacks!

Edit and the crystals! :smiley:
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    When the accounts are restored I'll prove it, with actual photos...and maybe a little bit of math for @Telaan

When the accounts are restored and the stuff is reverted and gone, what will you do? Can we make a prop bet on this? I'm all ears, name your stakes. I'll change my profile pic to whatever you want if I lose, for example.

Now this I like the sound of!!!

Loser changes profile picture to anything the winner wants, the loser also has to post on the forum daily for a week with whatever the winner wants, it obviously can't be anything racist/sexist/****.

Profile images are fine, one week of the winner's choosing. Nothing that breaks forum TOS.

To finalize terms if equipped items and currency were NOT reverted you win, if they ARE reverted I win.

That's awesome sauce.. This just goes to show you everybody.. Not all heroes wear capes.
  • Harlodpeter
    323 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Their account were lock, items will be removed, and we all get 500 crystal.. What's not fair about that? I repeat.. We get 500 crystals
  • Options
    How do you report someone for investigation? One of my regular opponents on my shard has all 5 toons leap from gear 8/9 to 10/11 overnight lol
  • Options
    How do you report someone for investigation? One of my regular opponents on my shard has all 5 toons leap from gear 8/9 to 10/11 overnight lol

Send details to @CG_LucifersDaddy in a private message :smile:

• Fid
    121 posts Member
    Options
    I wonder if the suspensions ending will happen to coincide with the latest omega event ending, probably coincidence, but you never know, it could be a little dig.
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

my only observation is that it's blatantly obvious who in this thread participated in the cheating, and who didn't.
  • Options
    Their account were lock, items will be removed, and we all get 500 crystal.. What's not fair about that? I repeat.. We get 500 crystals

The crystals were from the Kit Fisto event closing early.
  • Options
    TerraArran wrote: »

I got the 500 crystals and the event is still open :smile:

• Options
    TerraArran wrote: »

I got the 500 crystals and the event is still open :smile:

Well there is only 2 hours left now, not cool at all!!!! I don't want these Jedi guardian shards, can I trade them?

• Options
    So I didn't do this but how are they going to take take back the gear what if somebody already equipped it can you actually unequipped that gear that would be very surprising
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    Options
    If they manage to remove equipped gear as they're "fixing" this in addition to removing any other excess currencies and unequipped gear then it's whatever. No bans needed, the temp suspension is plenty.

Temp ban does sound fair for this manipulation of a bad game design if only they would do same for other past offenders of other such manipulations.
  • Options
    It's nice that they posted some new scuttlebutt to take attention away from this issue.
  • Options
    I'm sure that more than a few people who want them perma-banned would also have claimed the raid rewards multiple times if it kept showing up. I know i would atleast twice and probably more.

I know I would have. Not intentionally, but because I don't really look at the mail. Its like the bronzium packs, if I have a little red number there I click through it fast to get rid of the number and get back to whatever battles I was working on.
  • Options
    I'll have to say it does seem fair. They're locked out so while the devs take their time they will loss Arena rank, credits, daily log in rewards and the daily rewards for finishing the missions. So to me that's a big loss for them.
  • Options
    For crying out loud...
    It was a bug, it got exploited, people get suspended and lose their illicit gotten items and everybody else got 500 crystals!
    What more do you want?
  • Options
    The punishment is the suspension that the current accounts are undergoing that exploited this 'cheat'. I am very impressed at the response and dedication EA has to stop cheaters like this from ruining the game by stealing hundreds of dollars worth of in-game items and ruining other peoples server/arena experience. With that being said, well done @EA_Jesse @BentWookiee for addressing this issue professionally.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    For crying out loud...
    It was a bug, it got exploited, people get suspended and lose their illicit gotten items and everybody else got 500 crystals!
    What more do you want?

The crystals are from the early canclelatuon of the Force Champions Event. Not the glitch.
  • Options
    Slots wrote: »
    For crying out loud...
    What more do you want?

The crystals are from the early canclelatuon of the Force Champions Event. Not the glitch.

I know that... doesnt change the fact that we all got 500 crystals and the offenders didnt now, does it?
This discussion has been closed.