Recent Temporary Suspensions Announcement : Comments (Merged threads) *** Megathread***

Replies

• Slots
    72 posts Member
    Options
    Slots wrote: »
    Punish everyone involved in cheating for 90min kids or not also leave precrafters alone all they did was plan for the future.

And have an unfair advantage over the rest that have to play for months before they see gear. Cool.

That wasn't their fault though was it? I precrafted and didn't even know, i knew level 80 was coming, i knew my arena team needed the items and i had the materials. If your arena team had a yellow cross on it to say you could craft an item, you'd craft it. That is what happened with me, i was never aware the items wouldn't be available to craft after the update. My point is, it's a completely different thing to play the game as intended and for the devs to change it than to take advantage of a technical flaw/error to get more rewards than everyone else.

And it's people fault that saw in game mail being sent to them by the system to not open them? And yes most knew that the items were going away so they pre crafted and now have an unfair advantage to people who have to earn it a very very long way.
  • Options
    Slots, I appreciate what you are saying. In my case, I never went out of my way to farm those pieces, I just had the mats and made them in preperation for the cap increase. I never did anything wrong and nothing seemed out of the ordinary as I'd been farming in advance for my pvp team literally the whole way from 0-70 and the cap increase came about a week after i hit cap. I understand it must of been really frustrating for people who weren't at that level to see people get such a huge head start when the gear requirements changed. I do understand.

I think that this issue was strange and that it is unfair to punish people if they didn't realise that it was a glitch. I'm sure people will possibly get a token gesture from EA for the error, at the same time i am sure some people would of thought they won the gear lottery and maxed out han. They dont really deserve any token gesture in my opinion. But It wouldn't surprise me if EA appease the disgruntled by giving them some crystals or letting them keep some of what they got. It was after all a glitch and people get a looters mentality when something like that presents itself as we've seen with the other technical issues lately.
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options
    The only offenses that deserve bans are hacks like modded apks etc. When it comes to things like 7* vaders and the raid reward bug, reversing the extra rewards is the correct action. Bans and suspensions are not justified because these were the results of bugs that were not fixed before updates were released to the public. I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of them unintentionally or even intentionally. A blanket suspension has hit those that were innocent and that should really never happen. By all means take the extra rewards away.

As far as hopping and alt cycling is concerned - you guys can whine all you like but neither can carry bans as both were within the mechanics of the game. As soon as the viability of hopping and cycling alts was discovered and reported, the dev's definitely took note and started working on ways to block the practice. But they NEVER said that those found to be hopping or cycling alts will be banned for cheating. It would have surely stopped all hopping and cycling immediately if they did. But they didn't and it doesn't matter how some of you selectively interpret their statements on the forums. Once the mechanics are fixed, there will be no hopping or alt factories and we all move on. Its that simple.

Finally, I laugh at some of your suggestions to label people with asterisks for what YOU consider cheating. Can we also label whiners and crybabies? Or can we ban them? To me, this game would do just fine without your lot and the forums would be a much better place for sure.
  • Options
    Lithium wrote: »
    The only offenses that deserve bans are hacks like modded apks etc. When it comes to things like 7* vaders and the raid reward bug, reversing the extra rewards is the correct action. Bans and suspensions are not justified because these were the results of bugs that were not fixed before updates were released to the public. I don't blame anyone for taking advantage of them unintentionally or even intentionally. A blanket suspension has hit those that were innocent and that should really never happen. By all means take the extra rewards away.

As far as hopping and alt cycling is concerned - you guys can whine all you like but neither can carry bans as both were within the mechanics of the game. As soon as the viability of hopping and cycling alts was discovered and reported, the dev's definitely took note and started working on ways to block the practice. But they NEVER said that those found to be hopping or cycling alts will be banned for cheating. It would have surely stopped all hopping and cycling immediately if they did. But they didn't and it doesn't matter how some of you selectively interpret their statements on the forums. Once the mechanics are fixed, there will be no hopping or alt factories and we all move on. Its that simple.

Finally, I laugh at some of your suggestions to label people with asterisks for what YOU consider cheating. Can we also label whiners and crybabies? Or can we ban them? To me, this game would do just fine without your lot and the forums would be a much better place for sure.

I'd agree with this except the response from the devs towards this is completely different to the response to hopping/alt farming where they clearly offer the same outcome and are clearly defined in the ToS under the same paragraph. Why the inconsistency in response?
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

I'd agree with this except the response from the devs towards this is completely different to the response to hopping/alt farming where they clearly offer the same outcome and are clearly defined in the ToS under the same paragraph. Why the inconsistency in response?

Quote from ToS "You may violate the Terms of Service if, as determined by EA in its sole discretion, you:
    Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game."
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options

I'm with you George. But players follow the devs instructions and the game mechanics. Fact is there was a response and it ended up being interpreted in many different ways. In such a situation, it is nobody's business to start labeling people cheats. I followed the forums and reddit for the heat that rained down on Instinct and EASB including various exaggerations and outright lies. They didn't deserve any of it. This kind of poisonous negativity has no place in any game.
  • Options
    Yeah, I dont think anyone should be named and shamed publically. I don't think you can justify the way this has turned out by saying people didn't understand though. We all know the difference between pressing a button to get more than what other people get when they press the button. Just because we have to press it more than once, it doesnt mean we worked any harder for it or should be entitled to keep it.
  • Options
    I was trying to replicate the bug precisely so I could report it. It took over 200 attempts before i verified it didnt not work correctly and reported.

Why should iIbe punished for helping with bug detection...
  • Options
    I was trying to replicate the bug precisely so I could report it. It took over 200 attempts before i verified it didnt not work correctly and reported.

Love the dry humor Milk! Lmao!!

Your Droid Comp rocks btw.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's wasn't a bug till the devs said it was a bug, surely they can't punish people retroactively especially if they were just trying to help the devs out in the first place by proving it was a bug.
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Name and shame the whiners and ea sycophants. People who figured out where the devs fails should just have their loot rolled back and probably get a thank you from ea
  • Options
    E.a. screwed up some took advantage and than got punished. . Only people should get punished is e.a. let the people keep their stuff and mail it to everyone else... simple
  • Options
    Panda1976 wrote: »
    E.a. screwed up some took advantage and than got punished. . Only people should get punished is e.a. let the people keep their stuff and mail it to everyone else... simple

What a terrible idea.
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    If they can't even catch and temp ban everyone who used this exploit, how am I supposed to believe they can remove 100% of the gear equipped, credits spent and currency spent? I would lay bigger odds than Leicester City had against that.
  • Options
    ....meh

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options

Lets assume thats the complete truth. You absolutely deserve to get the extras u picked up reversed
    C3POwn wrote: »
    If they can't even catch and temp ban everyone who used this exploit, how am I supposed to believe they can remove 100% of the gear equipped, credits spent and currency spent? I would lay bigger odds than Leicester City had against that.

Let's not assume anything. They have already said that they are working on reversing the advantage gained by the raid bug and the Vader bug. I'm sure the process isn't easy and they are doing what they can .
  • MilkNudders
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just roll back and refund guild coins to guild that was eligible within the time period. Why waste time investigating.

I'm sure that sounds simple and I have. No idea how it's actually done but dear God this gonna be a huge time vortex unless wait for it....

It's the same .5 percent of 1% of the guilds did it more than once like precrafting....

And thanks huck i like your b2 comp team but these droids are wearing on me.
  • Lithium
    76 posts Member
    Options
    Just roll back and refund guild coins to guild that was eligible within the time period. Why waste time investigating.

I'm sure that sounds simple and I have. No idea how it's actually done but dear God this gonna be a huge time vortex unless wait for it....

It's the same .5 percent of 1% of the guilds did it more than once like precrafting....

And thanks huck i like your b2 comp team but these droids are wearing on me.

LOL let the wild claims begin...
  • Options
    This seems simple as Jesse stated. They will roll back the gear and rewards (including han shards) and take them away from people who exploited their glitch of receiving multiple emails and taking the rewards in them. Seems reasonable enough. Some are temporarily suspended until the issue can be fixed. Then later, wait for it, they're going to take back the DV shards from the earlier glitch with removing and re-adding allies, once time permits.

I haven't heard that anyone will be banned for this recent glitch, although I wouldn't personally lose any sleep if they were.

So seems like a reasonable solution is in place and no one is 'out' anything.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    EA is 100% at fault and the suspended accounts should be us-suspended and everyone move on. Its the same as if the police went and put a 20$ bill out on the ground and then when someone walked by and picked it up they were charged with theft! EA made the mistake! then EA should do like every other game out, while updating the servers, all severs are closed and no one can play. then this problem would not have happened.
  • Options
    EA is 100% at fault and the suspended accounts should be us-suspended and everyone move on. Its the same as if the police went and put a 20$ bill out on the ground and then when someone walked by and picked it up they were charged with theft! EA made the mistake! then EA should do like every other game out, while updating the servers, all severs are closed and no one can play. then this problem would not have happened.

No. It's like when you find a wallet and you keep it for yourself. If th police find out that you didn't give the wallet back, you are screwed.
  • MilkNudders
    123 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    DieInFire wrote: »

No. It's like when you find a wallet and you keep it for yourself. If th police find out that you didn't give the wallet back, you are screwed.

Return the wallet empty. Like the inbox was returned empty Everytime it was filled.

I just want the guild coins we were screwed out of for this fix
  • drdw
    1 posts Member
    Options
    This may have already been mentioned by someone else, but I wish that the Developer could block everyone out of the game when server maintenance is being done like all other games do. It could have avoided so much issues...
  • Options
    This thread should be retitled: Worst Collection of Nonsensical Analogies You'll Read All Year
  • slampdx
    478 posts Member
    Options
    nematocyte wrote: »
    This thread should be retitled: Worst Collection of Nonsensical Analogies You'll Read All Year

This situation is like when your gf says she's pregnant but the baby turns out to be the rancor and he devours your cat and you try to run out the door but it dodges you.
  • Options
    Lol slampdx
  • H_B0MBZ
    292 posts Member
    Options
    This game takes so long to get gear I don't blame people for doing this. Bottom line its the developers fault for this problem. You guys have been messing up alot lately. Idk what's going on over there
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse I'm seeing some people that abused the glitch keeping 5* Han Solo when they had a handful of shards at best before (net gain about 130+ Han shards). Is that intended?
  • Paule
    39 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    medetec wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse I'm seeing some people that abused the glitch keeping 5* Han Solo when they had a handful of shards at best before (net gain about 130+ Han shards). Is that intended?

A member of my guild who was suspended for exploiting this bug received a 5 star Han Solo and admitted in guild chat to keeping all of the gear and levels applied to toons with the exploited raid rewards. He originally starred it to 7 stars as he exploited the bug many times and finished 4th that raid. He also geared out all the characters he possibly could. His punishment was that his Han Solo (he didn't earn) was reverted to 5 stars and level 1.

I have screenshots for the mods or devs. This isn't a punishment, as the guild member was boasting about all the freebies he received. This is nothing more than basically cheering on cheaters who get an enormous advantage over everyone who decided NOT to cheat.

cc: @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • Smite
    259 posts Member
    Options
    If there is a button in the game that says "Click me" and someone can click that button multiple times, which shouldn't be clickable multiple times than boot the developer. And only the developer.

As I a gamer I click whatever is there to be clicked and what benefits me in the game - as I assume it is there to be clicked. And not to be questioned.

If there is a "Click-Me" button and you can click it: DO IT !!!
This discussion has been closed.