GW changes (not sure I like it)

Prev1
Ok at the risk of getting flamed.

On reflection over the last few weeks I am not a fan of the recent changes to GW. I spent time building a team and a deep roster to make sure I could complete GW everyday. I am still only level 74, but I spent time unlocking JC, Barris, and maxing Lumi as well as others because I was playing the long game in my view. I understood how important GW was so focused that over my arena team.

I heard people complain about how hard GW was, gave regular advice to people on how to beat it. Have yet to fail to win a GW pre and post change, well maybe one fail early on I think. It was one of the most challenging parts of the game for me and took strategy. I had to look at the team I was facing and using my roster create the team to beat it. Now when I say deep roster I am FTP mostly and don't have any chromium pack chars. But I created a roster of both healers and DPS/support.

Since the changes I roll out the same team of DPS everyday and just auto, if one dies I just add another and my healers are now siting on the bench and don't get used. There is just not part of the game that requires them anymore really unless you want too. I guess for long term players you could do this anyway, but I had to think about it.

Part of me does like the speed at which I can now complete GW everyday, but the other bigger part of me doesn't like this change and certainly misses the challenge. If I could be bothered then I would be upset about the time I spent getting all the best game healers. However I know this is how the game works and in time all chars will cycle and maybe one day something will require healers again.

Mixed feelings but feels like we are going for arcade button push over strategy. I wouldn't want to be a Dev because it must be a daily grind to find ways to challenge players and not make it so hard people give up and go play some other point and click game with insta gratification.

Good luck Devs I do love the game and hope you keep if fresh for as long as possible

Capt Popple

Replies

• Akreau
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yea that pretty much sums up GW now
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    Npopple wrote: »
    Since the changes I roll out the same team of DPS everyday and just auto

Nobody is making you do this. GW can be as hard as you want it to be.

Next.
  • Npopple
    46 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks for taking to post such constructive and obvious feedback Igor . . .

Next
  • Options
    I'm glad it is easy again considering you get the same rewards at 80 that you do at 40.
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I have a deep roster and was completing it before the change. But I love no longer spending 90 mins of retreats and different RNG for c r appy rewards. The current system is perfect for the reward earned.
  • Options
    I am still only level 74
    Unfortunately, that invalidates your entire post.

• fudgra
    982 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Yeah OP if you were on level 80 with a gear 10-11 arena team you wouldn't have made this thread.

It was nearly impossible for some people to complete.
  • Options
    im just glad it is not the one aspect of the game i did not look forward to compleating, since the change i no longer dread the 90 minute GW chore.

for me GW was the worst event in the game due to it's length and effort vs reward, if they had taken 4 nodes out of GW to make it shorter but kept the difficulty i think that would have been the perfect compromise but hey, i am not a dev.
  • Options
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    im just glad it is not the one aspect of the game i did not look forward to compleating, since the change i no longer dread the 90 minute GW chore.

for me GW was the worst event in the game due to it's length and effort vs reward, if they had taken 4 nodes out of GW to make it shorter but kept the difficulty i think that would have been the perfect compromise but hey, i am not a dev.

Agreed. it was the lowlight of every day on this game
  • Options
    If you are not lvl 80 with a 38K+ arena power team, you have no idea why people were complaining about GW.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Now we can actually try out new teams instead of the same boring team throughout. It's much better, takes less time, and is fun to complete. Not sure what more you want from it.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I love the new GW, its not something i dread doing daily anymore
    If you are not lvl 80 with a 38K+ arena power team, you have no idea why people were complaining about GW.

^ agreed
  • Npopple
    46 posts Member
    Options

I guess as they have made changes I will never know, but not only level 80 people were complaining about GW.
  • Options

I guess as they have made changes I will never know, but not only level 80 people were complaining about GW.

Let me lay it out for you: Dooku (L), Rey, QGJ, GS, RG.

This team was a common occurrence from node 6 onwards.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options

It was probably one of the dumbest and laziest approaches to a game mode since I had to karate chop a bunch of beer of bottles in Art Of Fighting. It was that bad.
  • Options
    Are some people just not ever happy? Everyone complained early on because GW was too hard - now it's completable for most and people are complaining it's too easy - can you just not be satisfied? As before and with every other update if you don't want to do it don't do it.

Personally I like the changes - it took way too long to complete.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I prefer it now. It takes about 15 minutes to clear, which is good amount of time. It used to be over an hour.
    Once you reach 80 and have a decent arena team, GW would become uunbearable in the past. Having a deep bench doesn't help when you face gear 10 -11 top arena squads 6-7 nodes in a row. There simply isn't enough raid gear yet available to gear up 3rd or 4th team, so they have no chance against top meta's.
    I would have been fine if it was trimmed to 6 nodes, which hard difficulty, and same rewards as they are now, but this is an acceptable compromise.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Hangfire
    497 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I am still only level 74

Precious, absolutely precious
    I am still only level 74

Yep
  • Options
    Mainly it just took too much time. You will never know, because you were not level 80 with a high level arena squad. This is a mobile game, not Fallout 4. As much as I love this game, I don't feel like sitting down for an hour straight doing something not fun, which is what the old GW became. Plus there was the resentment that I was spending more time on GW, but my rewards were exactly the same as they when the game came out. If they had increased the rewards to match the new difficulty I wouldn't have had an issue with it. But if they want to keep the rewards the same as when the cap was level 60, then yes, I want to just finish it as soon as possible and get it over with.

There are still ways to make GW challenging it that's what you wish. Use only 4 toons instead of 5. Don't use your "A" team. Try wierd team comps like all Jedi or all Scoundrel, etc.

• Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Options
    Took me 18 minutes and that was only becauae i did a few other things in between. I love it now, its not a chore. I get decent credits, i am unlocking all the characters for the achievements much faster. Its a win win even with no challenge.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Why oh why do mo-rons complain about "free" credits? We ALL NEED credits, dont complain about a gift especially when you know nothing about how frustrating it was before at a high level.
  • Shnooze
    13 posts Member
    Options
    I use GW as a testing ground for team compositions. It's always been pretty easy to complete. I suggest trying out different character synergies for GW. Adds some more interest to it
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Why are people complaining that its easy?

You want it to be hard, throw some gear 6 4* toons or play 3 you vs 5 AI.
  • Options
    I do feel like it's no longer relevant if a character is good in GW or not anymore. So effectively only Arena and Raids really matter now.
  • MayCM
    124 posts Member
    Options
    I am still only level 74

What he says
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    Good post. But I disagree, I like the button push. But, I also see your side of the argument so thank you for posting and exercising your right, everyone has on this game forum. That being said I like that it takes less time because now I can focus on squad arena instead of GW. But I see your frustration on bariss. All I can say I have played this game since early November and I almost got burned out on it (after protection update).
    But no matter what anyone thinks it is your right as a human being to express your opinion on everything on this forum.

Thank goodness. :)