Time to check reddit

Replies

• SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I used to stay in the top 30 of my shard.... used to drop to 50-60 overnight. I log in one day last week and I am at 100. There are people I've never seen before with 5, g10 toons in the top 20 now and everyone that used to be top 20 is now 20-40. One player in my shard was literally in the top 5 every single day since I started in December. I saw him yesterday at #38.

Not only are they reaping the rewards of higher arena payout, but they are costing us who have to use refreshes to get back to our usual spots and can't crack the top 20 anymore because the lowest team power there is 39,000.

Bad bad bad.
  • Parad1sel wrote: »
    Come to think of it, all those extra Han Solo shards would allow them to get General Grevious unlocked also.

Oh goodie, they can group him with jkg and mace and a few other useless toons. Maybe if you have 5 useless toons together their syngery is their uselessness becomes dark matter and explodes destroying the other team.

The only thing shard store is good for is vader shards or you're 2 shards from finishing someone and cannot wait. GG is garbage, the shard store is garbage.

It doesn't matter if General Grevious is garbage or if he is good. It takes 76,000 shard coins to unlock him. 8-10 months of trading shards. That is a huge amount of progress. 237 raids completed is year+ of progress. The gear/gear sets/guild coins/credits/Han solo shards if they are allowed to keep all this with only a 2 day suspension, not even the biggest of whales would have that much stuff. It doesn't matter if people are f2p/p2p/spent $10 dollars or $1000..these exploiters are gonna be so far ahead of other people. I'd love to know the amount of exploiters that are in the top 5 that did this, their rewards for doing this exploit will be even greater. Bottom line, this is gonna effect everybody from the f2p player to the biggest spenders.
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    I used to stay in the top 30 of my shard.... used to drop to 50-60 overnight. I log in one day last week and I am at 100. There are people I've never seen before with 5, g10 toons in the top 20 now and everyone that used to be top 20 is now 20-40. One player in my shard was literally in the top 5 every single day since I started in December. I saw him yesterday at #38.

Not only are they reaping the rewards of higher arena payout, but they are costing us who have to use refreshes to get back to our usual spots and can't crack the top 20 anymore because the lowest team power there is 39,000.

Bad bad bad.

Exact same thing happened on my shard. I'm usually in top 10 and now struggle to get in top 30 literally overnight.. all the usuals dropped too and it's all new people at the top...I've lost a decent amount of crystals and arena points...guy I fought day before that had a few 5*s went to all 7*s overnight....
  • fudgra wrote: »
    Parad1sel wrote: »
    Asic wrote: »
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

If all undeserved rewards were rolled back the issue would be resolved.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

Yeah if they exploited it repeatedly knowing it's a bug it's basically theft.

The devs need to look at it this way. Would it cost them more to ban said people, or for honest people to ask for refunds en mass? Do they really want hundreds or even thousands of people calling Google and Apple for refunds?

How they respond to this will have major impact on this games future. Hit a couple times thinking it did not register is 1 thing, hitting it dozens upon dozens and watching you inventory grow is another.

Here is the big issue here. People, like me, who spent a lot of money because we want to be ahead, or are impatient on farming and wanted now, just had all of our money spent rendered useless because of this. What I spent $20+ a day to get 1 of by refreshing in shipments then another $10 on the item itself someone just got 50 of via exploiting a bug. Han is the least of my concerns. I've spent thousands and spend daily trying to get this gear that these folks stole, were caught, and as of now, permitted to keep. Here is my issue with all this. The only 2 solutions acceptable for me are:

1. They lose all illgotten gains, accounts rolled back to before the glitch, or however it can be done.

2. Those that hit it say 4+ times are banned.

No other solution does anything but tell your paying player base that their money gets them nothing and that cheating is acceptable. I could not buy my way to even come close to 50-100 full raid gears. The cost would be 10's of Thousands more invested. F2P you don't have a prayer of ever catching these people, no offense, but whales can't buy their way to catch up to them, so it is reality. Oh, and NO, I would not consider buying my way to catch up to those who abused an exploit.

While I will not grab torch and pitchfork yet, they are both waiting to be used if necessary. It was the weekend, they are PST. I will give EA/CG a chance to explain and fix this before I rage. Above is simply some of the points and thoughts of mine on it, from a very high spenders perspective.

I will await to hear what they do before I judge.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    This issue needs to be addressed ASAP. We don't want another "Pre-craft solution." That would make me extremely salty.
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

The devs need to look at it this way. Would it cost them more to ban said people, or for honest people to ask for refunds en mass? Do they really want hundreds or even thousands of people calling Google and Apple for refunds?

How they respond to this will have major impact on this games future. Hit a couple times thinking it did not register is 1 thing, hitting it dozens upon dozens and watching you inventory grow is another.

Here is the big issue here. People, like me, who spent a lot of money because we want to be ahead, or are impatient on farming and wanted now, just had all of our money spent rendered useless because of this. What I spent $20+ a day to get 1 of by refreshing in shipments then another $10 on the item itself someone just got 50 of via exploiting a bug. Han is the least of my concerns. I've spent thousands and spend daily trying to get this gear that these folks stole, were caught, and as of now, permitted to keep. Here is my issue with all this. The only 2 solutions acceptable for me are:

1. They lose all illgotten gains, accounts rolled back to before the glitch, or however it can be done.

No other solution does anything but tell your paying player base that their money gets them nothing and that cheating is acceptable. I could not buy my way to even come close to 50-100 full raid gears. The cost would be 10's of Thousands more invested. F2P you don't have a prayer of ever catching these people, no offense, but whales can't buy their way to catch up to them, so it is reality. Oh, and NO, I would not consider buying my way to catch up to those who abused an exploit.

While I will not grab torch and pitchfork yet, they are both waiting to be used if necessary. It was the weekend, they are PST. I will give EA/CG a chance to explain and fix this before I rage. Above is simply some of the points and thoughts of mine on it, from a very high spenders perspective.

+1
    This is perfectly said... Waiting on the response!
  • Daeghaa
    95 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    @DarthMasterShawn [/quote]

I will await to hear what they do before I judge.[/quote]

+1. You sir have nailed it. I was going to write a long post, but after reading yours I have only one point to add:

Since the launch, it has become viable to use exploits, simply because nothing happens. I don't know how the guild hopping wasn't considered exploit, and all seem to embrace it, so its water under the bridge, but it is very clear that we can take chances at those exploits because history says barely anything will happen. I've spent a lot on this game, for no apparent logical reason, but I did, and I feel cheated and stupid. No, I didn't do any of it, and refuse to do it. This will continue if its not discouraged, in another words, loose more than he had before the cheat.

I'll patiently wait for what their solution is too, before going wookie mode. I am hoping they can reason a decent solution for those who have been supporting and taking it seriously.
  • -Otherwise punish the exploiters, the easiest way being that they don't get any rewards for the next X raids, where X is the number of times they exploited."

And banned from arena until their raid punishment expires.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    FOR THOSE WHO KEEP SAYING ROLL BACK REWARDS:

It appears, at this point, that it's just not possible....

Recent reports of SOME players returning from suspension show:

If the gear was equipped or the currency was used, it cannot be rolled back.

The characters that were activated as a result of guild currency and/or Han Solo shards, cannot be reverted back to inactive. They CAN BE moved back to the original state when they were first activated (thus Han Solo 5* etc).

So basically, the people had a 2 day suspension, Han Solo dropped to 5* and everything was removed that was not spent or used.

Interesting....

All toons in the GUILD SHOP and SHARD SHOP would also provide an advantage. Albeit lesser at teh shard shop obviously.
  • I have given up having faith long ago so I'm just going to sit back and watch the drama unfold as I happily pat myself on the back for keeping my wallet closed from Day 1.....
  • Crickets...............
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    Well I requested that Apple refund me my $2,600 that I spent on this game since the developers have allowed cheaters to acquire gears that I have had to purchase.
    SodenBowl.com

You summed it up for me perfectly
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I have spent well over $2,600 and do not own a single Han Solo shard, I think it's unprofessional of EA to allow this and a total slap in the face to those of us who pay your salaries.
    SodenBowl.com
  • NCNER8R wrote: »

The characters that were activated as a result of guild currency and/or Han Solo shards, cannot be reverted back to inactive. They CAN BE moved back to the original state when they were first activated (thus Han Solo 5* etc).

So basically, the people had a 2 day suspension, Han Solo dropped to 5* and everything was removed that was not spent or used.

Interesting....

All toons in the GUILD SHOP and SHARD SHOP would also provide an advantage. Albeit lesser at teh shard shop obviously.

Ok, if that is true. I propose a simple solution. Figure out how much gears, credits, and guild coins they gained illegitimately, and subtract it from what they have left (gears can be convert to crystals). Start having negative value on credits, guild coins and crystals if they don't have enough. Basically, they can't progress on the game until they pay off their debt.
  • @SS0DEN
    Keep us posted on that please
  • Skirata
    163 posts Member
    NCNER8R wrote: »

This would mean that those who abused this chance now have kept, in leveled, starred, and geared toons, a staggering monetary advantage.

If left to stand, this is inflationary, and will devalue all expenditures in the game going forward.

I hope this is not the case, because I like the game.
  • SS0DEN
    109 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Gungnir75 wrote: »
    @SS0DEN
    Keep us posted on that please
    i sure will

SodenBowl.com
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    PhamTazTik wrote: »

Interesting....

Ok, if that is true. I propose a simple solution. Figure out how much gears, credits, and guild coins they gained illegitimately, and subtract it from what they have left (gears can be convert to crystals). Start having negative value on credits, guild coins and crystals if they don't have enough. Basically, they can't progress on the game until they pay off their debt.

If they already got a ton of guild coins and bought a ton of raid gear with it, why would they care if they had negative numbers until it's paid back? They could have gotten years worth of stuff and not have to worry about it again.

If it can't be fully rolled back and items used subtracted, the only option is a ban or severe customer outrage.
  • This game is on thin ice.. and it's beginning to crack
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    *Current business model*

Step 1. Create impassible wall in game

Step 2. Allow small portion of people to pass wall, so others feel pressure to spend money just to stay even.

Step 3. ???

Step 4. Profit.
    Post edited by ChefHaze on
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    So roll back people, are you okay with bans if they can't do a roll back? It seems like thats the case.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    PhamTazTik wrote: »

Interesting....

Is this REALLY a punishment? They will be using these gears, toons, etc to an advantage in PVP, raids, etc. You basically are permitting a loan to someone that will give them an advantage NOW.....
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    SS0DEN wrote: »
    I have spent well over $2,600 and do not own a single Han Solo shard, I think it's unprofessional of EA to allow this and a total slap in the face to those of us who pay your salaries.

I am right there with you!
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    I used to play Madden Mobile, another EA game. At the beginning of this year there was a glitch in the auction house that when collecting an auction sold, it would add the amount the player sold for and then tripled whatever u had in the bank. This in turn had people posting players for the Max allowed of 99,999,999. It only lasted an hour or so but this effected anyone and everyone that collected a sold auction during that time. There was no way you couldn't do it. Most people took advantage of it by buying and selling any and every card for the max allowes to triple their bank accounts. People in my league were accumulating huge bank rolls....and I mean billions. U could buy any and every card you wanted multiple times over. Now there was a cap (3 billion I think), that once you went over it reset your bank back to zero. Once this glitch was made public and the devs found out about it they shut down the auction house for a few days while they sorted things out.

To make a long story short the end result was they rolled back every single account that was over 3 million coins back to 3 MIL. They also limited the number of saved pro packs that people had bought and stashed to hide the glitch coins. All the players bought n sold were left where they were. The accounts were NOT reverted back to where they were pre glitch. Everyone got to keep the players and most pro packs they bought via the glitch. This did fix some of it...but screwed some over as well. Even if u had more then 3 MIL coins pre glitch (I had accumulated almost 7 MIL) and didn't participate in the glitch, you still got rolled back to 3 MIL. If u didn't know about it and sold players for normal prices, doesn't matter u didn't get them back and u lost ur coins too.

I know this is a different situation but thought I'd share to show an example of how EA "fixes" things
  • Fruman_Hump
    66 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Edit: removed due to violating ToS
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    I do not buy the idea of being unable to roll back. They maybe don't want to spend the time or would need to make judgment calls on which toons to take it from, that is, if the game is utterly lacking any sort of game log or archiving. But being "incapable" insinuates some larger inherent issues with the code.
  • ChefHaze wrote: »

Step 4. Prophet.

What does Nostradamus have to do with this?
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    That's the thing some people did get away with a big ton. Depending on what rank they were at the raid end and how many times they did the glitch they could of gotten a ton of raid rewards. But I do know people who did it maybe 4 or 5 times but still got their glitch loot removed. So I'm guessing it's a handful to track every single person. And to filter out loot that was legitimently received or glitches.
  • If they truly cannot roll back the "rewards" which were exploited then I believe the following should occur (or something like it.

1. Ban every player who used the exploited to gain an advantage. (i.e. used the glitch more than twice)
    2. Credit every account 3 full raid gear pieces (i.e. the toughest to get and hardest to see on RNG "droid callers, furnaces etc."
    3. Patch the exploit, change guild rules in reference to rewards, etc.
    4. Give every player in the game Han Solo and make him "unlockable" immediately at 3* (I know a lot of us are close to obtaining him the correct way but this also allows those of us to collect extra shards while helping those who now have been left behind)
    5. Finally, if anyone wants a refund grant that refund immediately! (As long as they were not one of those to exploit the game, or break and CG/EA ToS rules)
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
This discussion has been closed.