Time to check reddit

Replies

• If they truly cannot roll back the "rewards" which were exploited then I believe the following should occur (or something like it.

1. Ban every player who used the exploited to gain an advantage. (i.e. used the glitch more than twice)
    2. Credit every account 3 full raid gear pieces (i.e. the toughest to get and hardest to see on RNG "droid callers, furnaces etc."
    3. Patch the exploit, change guild rules in reference to rewards, etc.
    4. Give every player in the game Han Solo and make him "unlockable" immediately at 3* (I know a lot of us are close to obtaining him the correct way but this also allows those of us to collect extra shards while helping those who now have been left behind)
    5. Finally, if anyone wants a refund grant that refund immediately! (As long as they were not one of those to exploit the game, or break and CG/EA ToS rules)

Lol...looking to benefit much?.
    All cg needs to do is remove everything that was gained from the exploit.
  • Please ban all cheaters and give honest players free gold in compensation
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    If they truly cannot roll back the "rewards" which were exploited then I believe the following should occur (or something like it.

1. Ban every player who used the exploited to gain an advantage. (i.e. used the glitch more than twice)
    2. Credit every account 3 full raid gear pieces (i.e. the toughest to get and hardest to see on RNG "droid callers, furnaces etc."
    4. Give every player in the game Han Solo and make him "unlockable" immediately at 3* (I know a lot of us are close to obtaining him the correct way but this also allows those of us to collect extra shards while helping those who now have been left behind)
    5. Finally, if anyone wants a refund grant that refund immediately! (As long as they were not one of those to exploit the game, or break and CG/EA ToS rules)

It looks like they can't, for many reasons already stated in the thread.
  • If they truly cannot roll back the "rewards" which were exploited then I believe the following should occur (or something like it.

Not really. But these are suggestions. If you do numbers 1, 3, 5 I'd still approve and guess what I'm F2P so I won't be included in 5!
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Paarngfig
    112 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Statment From Reddit: Alright guys. This is evidently a very heated, intense topic of discussion, and might be for days to come. This is the first topic on this. Both me and /u/dougan25 are aware there is much more censorship on the official forums, and unlike there, we won't remove discussions revolving around this unless they break one of the rules.

Summary: if you really want to give your opinion on this topic or see the truth, then you need to go to Reddit; but I'm sure the Mods here will clear this up before you read about here... Why bother with this forum?
  • MrGrips wrote: »
    If they truly cannot roll back the "rewards" which were exploited then I believe the following should occur (or something like it.

That's why everyone needs to calm the f down and wait, atleast until we get an update from jesse. No one here knows what cg/ea can or can't do.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    MrGrips wrote: »

That's why everyone needs to calm the f down and wait, atleast until we get an update from jesse. No one here knows what cg/ea can or can't do.

This is useless. It's like talking to a wall.

First, many of us are fed up with the "wait and see approach". How long you going to let this fester?

Secondly, an official response has been posted and what was said to be done and what was done were two different things.... CLEARLY you have not read anything on this matter...

Quit being lazy. Just click and read the ENTIRE reddit post. It sheds light on all of this. If you don't know what you are talking about, then stop posting and confusing everyone else.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Paarngfig wrote: »
    Statment From Reddit: Alright guys. This is evidently a very heated, intense topic of discussion, and might be for days to come. This is the first topic on this. Both me and /u/dougan25 are aware there is much more censorship on the official forums, and unlike there, we won't remove discussions revolving around this unless they break one of the rules.

Summary: if you really want to give your opinion on this topic or see the truth, then you need to go to Reddit; but I'm sure the Mods here will clear this up before you read about here... Why bother with this forum?

EXACTLY!
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Pre-crafting: Strike 1
    Guild hopping: Strike 2
    Alt factory: Strike 3
    Pre-crafting "solution" opportunistic cash grab: Strike 4
    Unlimited free raid gear: Strike ****ing 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

+1
    If they glaze over this game breaking issue with a glib response and a pittance crystal handout to everyone I'm requesting a refund I feel a just response is roll back everyone who exploited accounts as well as a 2 week ban. If it cannot be rolled back for some do it to all and compensate all the non exploiters with something very significant. x3 heroic raid worthy, maybe fully crafted gear. Giving people that big of a leg up is an incredibly HUGE advantage. Hence why the response better be equally if not massively larger.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Edit: removed due to violating ToS
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • QuiteDrunk
    188 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Palanthian wrote: »
    After spending a disgusting sum on this game, power-levelling teams to perform better in raids, and refreshing shipments for furnaces and droid callers, and to hear that a significant number of players got virtually unlimited quantities of this gear for free - it makes me furious. Anyone who's seen my recent posts will know I've been pretty hacked off with the game recently anyway.

Gear gating was the single biggest mistake they ever made with this game, coupled with a raid structure having miserable random rewards and encouraging the opposite of teamwork.

Then:

Pre-crafting: Strike 1
    Guild hopping: Strike 2
    Alt factory: Strike 3
    Pre-crafting "solution" opportunistic cash grab: Strike 4
    Unlimited free raid gear: Strike ****ing 5

And in each case, the exploiters keep their winnings. Why? Because it's too much work to manually edit player accounts, because it would cost money in man-hours and it's too hard. Because they'd have to work on a client update or something that isn't directly generating revenue.

And then the players who've spent thousands for faster progression, paying EA/CG wages, supporting the game, get to look at players in their arena or guild who gained months of advantage for FREE.

After the events of the last few months, the solution to this had better be pretty spectacular.

+1
    If they glaze over this game breaking issue with a glib response and a pittance crystal handout to everyone I'm requesting a refund I feel a just response is roll back everyone who exploited accounts as well as a 2 week ban. If it cannot be rolled back for some do it to all and compensate all the non exploiters with something very significant. x3 heroic raid worthy, maybe fully crafted gear. Giving people that big of a leg up is an incredibly HUGE advantage. Hence why the response better be equally if not massively larger.

my thoughts too, i think many will wait for the outcome of this to see if the game is still worth playing. If they acknowledge this and let cheaters get away with it like guild hopping alt factory's i will request a full refund from google play.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • NCNER8R wrote: »

First, many of us are fed up with the "wait and see approach". How long you going to let this fester?

Jesse stated he will have answers as early as today

Secondly, an official response has been posted and what was said to be done and what was done were two different things.... CLEARLY you have not read anything on this matter...

It was said, and they're not done.

Quit being lazy. Just click and read the ENTIRE reddit post. It sheds light on all of this. If you don't know what you are talking about, then stop posting and confusing everyone else.

Reading through a bunch of complainers that have no idea what the f they're talking about?.
    The issue is not yet resolved, we'll know a lot more as to the extent of action cg will take regarding the exploit today.

• Taramel
    601 posts Member
    perhaps while they are at it they could un-ban the dozens of posters that got banned for simply bringing this issue of the cheaters not being punished to light. Last time I checked letting the forums know that cheaters were not punished is not against the TOS.
  • UltraJedi
    77 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    To me there is only one solution for this:

Ban the exploiters for x amount of days from the game then move them all to their own "exploiters" leaderboard.... Ban them from Guilds for x amount of months (3 to 6 at least)... Also, Remove their ability to be an opponent in GW. @EA_Jesse @CG_JohnSalera
    In-Game Name: UltraVegasJedi | Leader/Founder - The Force United
  • Super123 wrote: »
    Nah, just kidding. I think everything will be fine. The mods and the customer service team here is good, responsive, and generous.

Sir, its a bit early in the day for drinking

lmao
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Post edited by J0K3R on
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    QuiteDrunk wrote: »
    I think for many this will be the straw that broke the camels back, for me at least, I am waiting on the outcome of this and if not resolved satisfactorily then i will be totting up how much I have spent since November and requesting a full refund.

I know I requested for refunds already. Sadly a refund won't even come out to the same amount of stuff they exploited, but it will surely make me feel better about myself.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    NCNER8R wrote: »

Reading through a bunch of complainers that have no idea what the f they're talking about?.
    The issue is not yet resolved, we'll know a lot more as to the extent of action cg will take regarding the exploit today.

It wasn't resolved BECAUSE the first resolution didn't do anything....It took a 7* Han Solo back to 5* and removed UNUSED gear and currency.

The "complainers" saw this and took the pitchforks out....

If it weren't for these "complainers" you would be staring at max players in your GW every time you tried to ascend. Some of which received a years worth of raid rewards....

The attempt to sweep it under the rug did not work. What part of going to Reddit did you not comprehend? Are you even reading this thread??

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT....READ THE TITLE!

People being unhappy about what was done to resolve this issue.............................
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Taramel wrote: »
    perhaps while they are at it they could un-ban the dozens of posters that got banned for simply bringing this issue of the cheaters not being punished to light. Last time I checked letting the forums know that cheaters were not punished is not against the TOS.

+1

The reason they took away my thread posting ability was "I made a false announcement". LOL look how false it was..
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    edited June 2016
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Slots wrote: »

I don't think he was saying that. I think he just means its ironic(or whatever the word is) that all the money he spent amounts to less in game stuff than the exploiter got.
  • ogFail
    76 posts Member
    edited June 2016
  • Slots
    72 posts Member

It wasn't resolved BECAUSE the first resolution didn't do anything....It took a 7* Han Solo back to 5* and removed UNUSED gear and currency.

The "complainers" saw this and took the pitchforks out....

If it weren't for these "complainers" you would be staring at max players in your GW every time you tried to ascend. Some of which received a years worth of raid rewards....

The attempt to sweep it under the rug did not work. What part of going to Reddit did you not comprehend? Are you even reading this thread??

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT....READ THE TITLE!

People being unhappy about what was done to resolve this issue.............................

That is one example. I know for a fact that people had their gear credits and what ever shards removed. I think it is different for everyone. But to assume everyone was the same is wrong.
  • Phu_Zzy
    148 posts Member
    Oh look, the mods have arrived in thread.
  • DarthNichalas
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    If CG can only role back a character to "original state" then how about rolling back every single character that a person has who exploited this bug. Yes they keep unlocked characters but would lose most gear, shards, and credits that they gained, and have to rebuild all of their characters again. Just a thought to show cheating is not acceptable.
  • Deadded
    67 posts Member
    just when you think things cant get worse.
    Give us 5 star han solo and 20 of each raid gear thank you. or give us crystals to buy 20 of each in the shipments
  • Paarngfig wrote: »

I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    I was just warned for using the R word. So be careful. Lol
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Paarngfig wrote: »

I appreciate the uncensored version of Reditt on this matter. I will say though the Mods here are doing their job, even if we do not like the censorship, they are doing what they were asked to do. Let's not hate on them for it. Joker(yes said wrong) Ouchie, Wookie, Shoilin, and the team are doing what they have to as per their job. I for one respect them for it, and even if I hate censorship, I appreciate what they are doing. Let's not hate on them here. They are gamers and Star Wars fans just helping out.

+1

But the forum TOS should probably change. Its way too limiting.
This discussion has been closed.