Time to check reddit

Replies

• All of this is going on, and people are still posting and asking to have Rey nerfed. Lol
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    NCNER8R wrote: »
    Slots wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »
    The way i see it is this...i got my arena team close to maxed out. Hopefully with a little (a lot) of luck, i will get my 2nd team up and ready to go. So from my point of view...why should i care about this? Why should i care about people getting banned for this? I do not...However the devs should care. They are the ones that are losing money. If a suspension without removing the gear that was claimed is everything they want to do, then that's fine by me. Don't want heads on a stick.

These people were able to level up and star (and gear up with the pieces they exploited) every character they own without repercussions because CG is unable to tell AT ALL. That alone is hundreds if not thousands in credits.

There is different severities of people involved in this glitch. To say they are all the same is wrong. Also, I have friends that had their gear and credits wiped completely. They even think they took stuff that was not gained from the glitch.

Just one severity IMO. Just one response IMO.

So the people who happened on it by accident, then replicated it once more to validate and then promptly reported it... Same severity and same response?

Of course no penalty should be taken to these folks. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time because of the devs fault nets you a ban? How's that fair? But the people that abused it a large number of times without even reporting it should get kicked.
  • ban_hammer.jpg
    Team iNstinct -- teaminstinct.net
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    Harmonica wrote: »
    ban_hammer.jpg

lol
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

If all undeserved rewards were rolled back the issue would be resolved.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Just ban them and move on. No need for compensation etc.

This. You don't need to reward people for being honest. But you do need to ban cheaters and exploiters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Asic wrote: »

I wouldn't have a problem with this but for some reason most people here want blood. No idea why. Also, it might be hard to roll back the rewards because some might have already used to them to gear up some toons.
  • Samantha
    345 posts Member
    Banning is inappropriate and absolutely won't happen so stop causing unnecessary noise. Why would they ban paying customers. this wasn't individuals hacking or intentionally exploiting Vader- they hit a button in their inbox.

Maybe if they intentionally started a raid and finished it in the period it was glitched, but most probably just had been finishing regularly scheduled raids.

Couldn't agree more. With the money they make they should be able to pay to have this done.

• wisenuts
    561 posts Member
    Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

+1
    lets stay focussed on rolling back those rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

+1
    lets stay focussed on rolling back those rewards.

I'm good with this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member

I agree for the people who may have done this by accident. But when someone does this dozens (or hundred+) of times, it becomes less of a small bug and more of a game-breaking exploit.

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member

Banning is the talk if they CANT rollback or remove the gear.

Don't minimize the amount of times it was done. Some players accepted additional rewards totaling over 125 extra times.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    I am pretty sure they can't just "roll back" all the rewards or else they would have done this in several instances in the past. Sad thing is, we don't really know EA's capabilities because, unlike most games, they do not comment frequently on corrective measures.

I feel sorry for someone who clicked "receive rewards" a couple additional times. Those people are likely the ones who also reported it. If possible, nothing should be done to them.

HOWEVER, there are widespread reports of glitch/bug farming. Given the nature of gamers, I would believe that 95% of the people just kept clicking. Why don't you take the time to research it? Rather than just provide a response of "what should be done".

Show me an instance where credits, guild currency, or gear was removed. I can't find any. They probably lack the capability.....

So what option does that leave?
  • Asic wrote: »

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Parad1sel wrote: »

No. Those who did so excessively, more than 2 times, should be banned. They won't but they should be.

Most normal people would do it twice. Collect close window, huh new msg? Check, wth I just collected that, collect again assuming the first failed somehow, but after that anyone with common sense would have known there is a bug.

Yeah if they exploited it repeatedly knowing it's a bug it's basically theft.

The devs need to look at it this way. Would it cost them more to ban said people, or for honest people to ask for refunds en mass? Do they really want hundreds or even thousands of people calling Google and Apple for refunds?

• Parad1sel wrote: »

I think banning should only happen when they can't rollback the affected accounts. Yes they exploited the bug, but CG made it really easy for them to do so.
  • Slots
    72 posts Member
    Parad1sel wrote: »

Or that it is Christmas.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member

Show me an instance where credits, guild currency, or gear was removed. I can't find any. They probably lack the capability.....

Supposedly they rolled back Han to gear 1 level 1 5 star. So that reflects they are capable.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member

Supposedly they rolled back Han to gear 1 level 1 5 star. So that reflects they are capable.

So what they just rolled back everyone's Han to 5*? How do we even know they implemented this as opposed to just saying they would? They're talking the talk right now but I see zero evidence of walking the walk...
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    CMA97526 wrote: »
    Got a screenshot of the guy on my shard who did this and went from roughly 30,000 Guild Currency to nearly 200,000 overnight. It is still showing the higher number today on his rank snapshot (or whatever they call that). Don't know if he is suspended or not--still at rank 15, will see if he moves up today.

Please continue to monitor him and take screenshots, there are other reports of individuals with like 3 -10 raids completed who received 7* Han Solo's etc.
  • Tocinoelcerdo
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I agree that banning won't happen, cuz history of the game.

However, I believe banning is totally appropriate. The issue here isn't the people that hit the button in their inbox once or twice more than they should have. It's the people that intentionally abused it once they realized what was going on. There is no way you can convince me they did it unknowingly, as they know the intended function of only one set of rewards per raid.

In my opinion the exploiters should be banned, but politics forbid I offend anyone by punishing people for their bad choices.

EDIT: typos
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    You haven't played much games if you really think this is the game with the fewest bugs/flaws...
    If you really think it's ok for a game where a lot of people have spend around $500,- or more to contain this many bugs and this amount of inequality than you shouldn't be replying on this topic anymore.
    I'm fine that you are f2p and enjoying this but a lot of people paid to be competetive only to see others abusing and exploiting the system.

I agree, that's a fair point too. My main point was that the excessive raid gear supply that some people got was taken away, i.e. the guy with 237 raid who does not seem legit from that screenshot.
    he did 50 raids and got 2 full gear pieces? Right, did he do tier 1 raids?
    Fact is people are seeing friends and guildmates keeping all their exploited stuff. Right after the devs said they would take it all back. Past has shown us they have problems removing gear, shards etc. (think about the vader exploit, precraft etc.) I really doubt they can remove all the stuff.

It was tier 7 raid rewards, top 3. As a positive to all this we can draw some statistics. Getting 2 full pieces out of 50 raids makes me think that the chance of a full piece is less than 5% which make progress in this game insanely slow by any standard.
    [/quote]

The guy with 237 raids seems legit. here is the screenshot again.
    4ce1hrV.jpg

50 top 3 finishes get you, 2000 salvage pieces, 40 million credits, 40k guild currency and 500 han shards or something? And some other purple stuff. I'm not too happy if they would get to keep this.
    [/quote]

Daaaammnn. If that's not exploit and abuse then this game ain't got hope tbh.
  • NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016

I guess you didn't read what I stated. I said credits, guild currency, or gear. WE ALREADY know they can roll back toons. That was never a question.

I would love to trade an illegally obtained Han Solo back to 5* for 100,000,000 in credits, 1,000's of scanners, etc, credits to buy toons in the guild shop.

*** I bet some of these guys have maxed all the characters in the guild shop and then went on to get 7 star Grievous LOL

Lol is that really a penalty?
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    shampoo said it, just roll them back to where they were on friday, remove theri arena rewards.

but see when thy exploited there was a butterfly effect, the exploiter got to #1 bcs of the exploit and robbed a whale of the #1 position. this is where compensation comes.

now they can't roll back everyone, now that would destroy the game.

I am not affected by my shard but I saw some guildmates say they got 2-3 more before we got word that it was a bug and they should not abuse it.

I await a response from the dev team.

• AceCV
    989 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Another game breaking bug created. Its the fouth one in a couple of months....sad.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Still no word on the lost guild coins either
    {RotE}
  • I think for many this will be the straw that broke the camels back, for me at least, I am waiting on the outcome of this and if not resolved satisfactorily then i will be totting up how much I have spent since November and requesting a full refund.

• NCNER8R
    162 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Shaakti, that post needs to be merged over to the guild hopping thread....
This discussion has been closed.