The Scoundrel Event - Guide\Strats\Comments (Merged threads)

Replies

• medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

That's... a bit of a stretch.

Anyways I can't try the event until a few hours from now when my guild's raid ends and I can activate Han Solo, so I cant comment directly but it looks like fun. The level 50 version is a joke from what I've heard, and the level 70 version should be tuned for, well, a level 70 team. Sure you have to invest, but I don't see a problem with this. I couldn't complete the Yoda event until the most recent pass.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    No I want all of you to do this event without Lando. Then come to me and say it's easy. Lando is OP and is just as bad as the people that exploited the Vader glitch a long time ago. He's going to get nerfed once everybody has him and I'll just laught becuase you all wasted credits on a toon that's going to get nerfed harder than Sid.

48434513.jpg

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tolodine
    186 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry, OP, But you are WAY out to lunch.

By your logic, every single part of this game is garbage because you need to level a certain type of character in order to complete it!

"But I don't have any Dark Side Characters. How am I expected to complete Dark Side Battles? I spent all my time working on Jedi so I could get Yoda!"

You aren't a joke. You're the punchline!

Never have I laughed so hard at a whine/rant.

Unless you were being sarcastic.... Hmmmm.... Good One !

• Options
    Oh man, you again. We really need an ignore list feature.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Its a free event, nobody owes you it. Be grateful that if you actually farmed these characters for free from GW Arena and Cantina that every week you get 1 million free credits ;)

Thank you CG for giving back to players
  • Options

That's ok, by that time, we will already have the next toon you will be complaining about from all the stuff we earned with Lando.

This whole post is ridiculous. Some of us actually built up scoundrels because we either liked the toon, or we knew some type of scoundrel event was coming. You don't have to be a whale to get FTP scoundrel toons from arena, cantina, or GW. You don't have to be a whale to use forward thinking and recognize they are focusing on faction based events from here on.

If you don't think the reward is worth investing in the toons, that's fine, but then you lose the right to complain about it. You've had ample opportunity to get ready. Lando is great in most areas. Chewie is great in raids. Hell, I even like Greedo on a D or E team in raids because he gives himself evasion and dodges the rancor frequently. A toon isn't worthless just because it can't make your arena team.

• Options

48434513.jpg

Yes you're totally right. I mean, look at the amount of people that use Lando in Arena!!! Outrageous!!! At least one guy in the top 50 on my server!

Yep, that's right... me.

Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    This is the 2nd or 3rd thread this guy has today about how bad the event is. From previous threads I can tell you he can't grasp the concept ROI over time.

I can't even do it today, and I already love the event. I will have 5 Scoundrels by next week and I will get them up enough to complete event(every week going forward). I already have Chewie and Boba and I started lando last week for both this event AND the empire event where you need rebels/clones. In case you didn't realize Lando is a REBEL and SCOUNDREL. So he actually is a double-dip. Going to get Dengar in the morning and take 3 days and grab Cade Bane from GW although I won't be leveling those 2 for now. Lando is good in many areas. GW, Raid, Weekly Scoundrel Event, Empire Event, LS battles(specifically those bad for Jedi IE dooku and Maul) If you haven't started farming Lando(btw he is F2P) then you are just being stubborn.
  • Amnor
    116 posts Member
    Options
    A garbage really? I dont understand your logic.
    Its true that this event require some investment (like most events). In this case its like you calculated ~6M. You can get it back in 6 weeks, and later on earn 1M weakly for free. Thats 2 GW or 2 heroic raids if you rank top 3. How come you find that a garbage? Its actually one of the best events in term of investment/gain ratio. You need 0 crystals, 0 energy, even 0 AP to earn 1M...
    I cannot believe people are complaining even about that. Lame
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    Failed 3 times on the level70, spent 700k, profit.
    I see nothing wrong with this or with FREE credits.
  • chainsaw
    359 posts Member
    Options
    Exodus00 wrote: »
    Can we retitle this thread "This Post is Garbage?"

LOL...this
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Based on the comments on the Credit Crunch threads, most of the players that really need this event are higher level players 70+ . High level players are more likely to already have farmed the Scoundrels necessary to complete the event, so their forward investment is minimal.
    I'm currently level 67 and f2p and yet to have any credit difficulties, so I'm not going to put much effort into farming the 2 remaining Scoundrels I need. Even that will not be difficult. Mob Enforcer and Greedo are both only 25 shards to unlock and easily obtainable. I already have a mid-range Chewy and 7* gear 7 Cad Bane. Dengar is a freebee. I probably will not even need to play this event until level 70.
    What I really need is a better Training Droid event. Droids are my bottleneck. Saving gems for that.
  • Forey2
    13 posts Member
    Options
    This guy is just mad it's not meta toons only and it doesn't instantly give you 10 million credits
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    This is the 2nd or 3rd thread this guy has today about how bad the event is. From previous threads I can tell you he can't grasp the concept ROI over time.

Be careful there. Earlier today I introduced the possibility that he may not be capable of understanding how investments work (or how math works) and he got very upset over the personal attacks... See he thought it was ridiculous that I put 2mil into Lando/Cad even though I got a million credits today and will get a million credits next week and then a million credits every week for the foreseeable future.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    The challenge is there at Lvl 50 and Lvl 70 baseline. Challenge is good, impossible is not.

You provided a GOOD incentive to invest in otherwise mostly unused characters.

You've agreed to bring the event back, making the investment pay dividends in the future.

For all the flak you guys get for the things you mess up, you guys legitimately did this one right, IMO. More ideas like this will help to keep the game interesting.

Thanks very much and keep it up.
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I managed to finish the tier 70 with my gear 9 lvl 75 LANDO and gear lvl 65 nute (others in the team are lvls 55-60 2*-4* and gear lvl 6)

Thanks to lando s aoe and a few lucky rng attemps i v done it!

Pretty pleased with the event!
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    +1 great job on CUP event! Bad Boys 4eva!
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    I'm usually a nay sayer, but I have to agree with the op on this.
  • Xenith
    267 posts Member
    Options
    Lolz i finished this event with my g9 lvl 75 lando and g8 nute with a bit of dificulty but once i found out the trick(lando s aoe ) i managed to finish everything!

I m going to keep working on my cad bane so that i can auto it lolz
  • Options
    Totally agree. This was very well done. Thank you
  • tilusiek
    115 posts Member
    Options
    I think that without Lando it is very hard to complete...
    Always trying and trying...
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's a good event i especially love that it's all Cuppers and robbers ;).

It's free credits bro heck i dont have a scoundrel team ready but i will now lol.

Every team has their purpose and here is my thing from another thread.
    Free credits guys, gotta love scoundrels one way or another eventually all heroes are needed or the meta shifts.

Think of this one as preparing for a change.

So far
    Droids
    Empire
    Rebels
    Clones
    Ewoks
    Lightside
    Jedi

Have all been needed at one point or another.

Are you prepared for a Sith event, Dark side event , Nightsister event or a First Order event?.

I doubt scoundrels only getting the weekly event isn't it they are bound to get another event. Plus Boba Fett is bound to get buffed or at least on the list that Anakin was on.

52 Million a year sounds good to me as a bonus. :)

No way people could complain about this. Heck i dont have any scoundrels ready but looking foward to the investment.

But....... i guess....
    2nk7xud.jpg

• Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    It's very well know that I do not like how the devs did this event for a lot of reasons. The amount of credits you NEED to spend is a lot more than what you get as a rewards and you get nothing out this event that we weren't getting before. This event was supposed to help with the credit crunch but it didn't. In fact it's made it worse. You have to spend 10 million credits to make a suitable team to completely auto this event. Now you could manual this event and not cost you as much but you are still looking at anywhere in the 5.5 million to 7 million to be able to participate in the event. Now I get that once you shell out this price you won't have to do it again but it's the principle that's the problem. You should not have to spend ten times the amount of the reward to get the reward. Plus the way the reviews and the negativity of this event here in the forums, it wouldn't surprise me if the devs fade this event out or change it. They did this for all of the other events and now we don't talk about those becuase they didn't change anything. Since this event replaced the useless credits event people expect that it will come back every week. There is no evidence that this is true other than the devs word and this holds little to nothing anymore. To paraphrase the legendary Kenobi, they were supposed to help the f2p not doom them.

#1 They let us know way in advance that a scoundrel event was coming. How long has Cad Bane been in Galatic War Shipments? You had plenty of time to start working on him at least.

#2 You aren't suppose to level and gear your toons at the last minute just to be able to participate in this event. Again read #1.

#3 I don't see all kinds of negative reviews of this event spread out all over the forums. Honestly I am seeing a lot of positive reviews for the scoundrel event. You have been all over on the forums bashing the event saying Lando is over powered etc. So saying that the devs will fade this event out or change it..well that just isn't gonna happen sorry.

#4 You sound incredibly bitter because you can't particulate in the scoundrel event. It's not the end of the world bro. It will come back again, so what? are you gonna complain next week about the same thing when it comes back again?
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    One thing is for sure, IF they change the factions required for this event for it to be other than Scoundrels, i will be pretty mad.
  • Options
    I beat it with a lvl 35 3 star greedo in green gear!

Well not exactly. He keeps dying in the first round, but he's still on my team.
  • mccif16
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Boba lead plus lando make it rain double damage attack, cup didnt have a chance
  • Options
    It's a worthy investment because you get back what you spent and eventually you will get more in return. Just takes time and patience like the rest of the other parts of the game.
  • Options
    I love this event, 1 million credits earned in 10 minutes, really helpful assistance to those of us feeling the credit crunch big time. I would play this event every day if I could and would have no issue refreshing it with crystals
  • Options
    I don't think many of you know what the true cost of "free" is. Some who want a scoundrel team may already have or willing to upgrade to get the rewards, but for most of us who have either a mix of jedi or darks idea toon teams don't want a scoundrel team. And to invest in a team just for a tenth of a return doesn't make sense.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Dadgwangin wrote: »
    And to invest in a team just for a tenth of a return doesn't make sense.

For the 483rd time, it is not a one time event. It will be back. Every. Single. Week. Even if it takes you 5 million credits (which it doesn't) to field a team, if you play the game for 6 weeks you have made your money back + 1 million - and you have at least 5 scoundrels more in your arsenal to use as you see fit or enjoy. I have been playing for 6 months. If this event had been up - even if I couldn't compete for the first two months, I'd be 11 million credits in the black.

I don't think you understand what "investment" is - if you need to invest at all.

I didn't upgrade Chewie at all for this event. I did Lando a little (I had already been gearing/leveling him as he is also a rebel for the Empire event). Greedo was sitting at two stars from a Bronzium pull months ago. Cad was a "what the heck" farm from GW for raids. Boba was really the only one I had to intentionally build up...to 4* and Gear 4. He died - but Lando, Chewie and Cad were just strong enough (at Gear 7 & 8) to finish the level 70 twice.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*