GW reverted back to pre-update state? (MERGED THREADS)

Replies

• Options
    I get a laugh out of the dolts " nothing has changed it's you" the. 300 subsequent " hey something is awry"..
  • Lasserini
    274 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Tiny step towards fixing the heavily undertuned auto-gw. Here's what mine looked at (39.5k arena p)
    1-5 = Walkover teams.
    6 = Fair fight.
    7-8 = More auto-mode opponents.
    9 = Fair fight.
    10 = 5k power below my arena team.
    11 = Fair fight.
    12 = Green gear'ed, 3star, lvl 78 opponents (?).

Apart from node 12 which Im assuming is bugged, this seems like a decent compromise between the "I want to auto everything"-crowd and the people who prefer atleast a slight challenge when playing games.
    Dont auto 5+8 and make sure you have your cd's ready for the "boss"-nodes.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    Or they can fix it and make it like it was before they messed it up again. I will lose 3 teams against this **** team I have at node 10
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Obsid
    108 posts Member
    Options
    I hadn't played the pre-patch GW, but I can say the difficulty substantially increased for me today. I havent had a single time that I finished a node without being at full hp and 0 CD's (or just auto through it), this time I had many times I finished with substantial health loss and even lost a guy at one point. I can deal with the difficulty increase, but it did increase substantially.
  • Options
    1-5 were easy for me, then 6 was an infuriating L80 G8 Dooku dodge squad, 7-10 were reasonable, 11 was a little tougher, then 12 was this monstrosity that took me 3 squads to kill:

l4NZBjz.jpg

I mean ****? Is that a gear 11 ST Han?

• ogFail
    76 posts Member
    Options
    U can thank all the whiners that said it was too easy
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    1-5 were easy for me, then 6 was an infuriating L80 G8 Dooku dodge squad, 7-10 were reasonable, 11 was a little tougher, then 12 was this monstrosity that took me 3 squads to kill:

l4NZBjz.jpg

I mean ****? Is that a gear 11 ST Han?

I am enjoying dying to a Gear 10 Teebo lead, Gear 11 QGJ and STH, Gear 10 Rey and gear 10 RG...At node 9.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    Same
    Lasserini wrote: »
    12 = Green gear'ed, 3star, lvl 78 opponents (?).

Same here, I was like barely alive after several lvl 80 team when reach node 12 and just laugh when I saw what was waiting for me ...
  • Options
    Hardest GW I've faced for months, and just about to start node 12 against a squad that has a total power 15% higher than my A team (29.1k v 25.4k). Been a grind that has taken well over an hour (versus 20-30 minutes the last couple of weeks) with multiple retreats and squad changes.
  • GuyfromSyracuse
    993 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    My guild is a mix. Some guys are getting 3* lvl 80 toons in the last matches...meanwhile I faced my toughest team ever...

Here you go

https://imgur.com/a/9pOIw
  • Options
    Can confirm, gw significantly harder(I couldn't even beat it)

I think something sinister is going on...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YaBIUwusChQ
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just completed GW today. Brutal in certain nodes, nobody starred or geared on the last. It made me laugh. But getting there was quite a journey. Took about 45 minutes.

Edit - I kinda liked the fair fights. My B team couldn't carry me through and I lost some characters. I'm ok with that.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    GW much harder for me today. But that's not a complaint, I enjoy the challenge.
  • Options
    Same here, lost my RG on 10, the last node....five 3* non purp toons. ???
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Just completed GW today. Brutal in certain nodes, nobody starred or geared on the last. It made me laugh. But getting there was quite a journey. Took about 45 minutes.

Edit - I kinda liked the fair fights. My B team couldn't carry me through and I lost some characters. I'm ok with that.

I'm ok with it if it were across the board...
  • Options
    Mookie wrote: »
    Same here, lost my RG on 10, the last node....five 3* non purp toons. ???

I had five 7* probably G10/11 toons. Which is fine but not when others got this?
  • Options
    It does seem it's back to the pre-GW update state. Doable, but very difficult. Wouldn't mind if credits and training droid rewards increased.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    ogFail wrote: »
    U can thank all the whiners that said it was too easy

Ill bite and open the can of wurms :)

It was too easy! There wasn't much whine over that fact though, more passive acceptable that the complainer crowd got their way and managed to turn a fine GW into the pointless thing we auto'd till yesterday.

Compare the amount of GW complaining pre-nerf with post-nerf and put your silly comment back in the box. Heck compare the amount of GW talk yesterday with today, that should give you an indication of which side of the fence the whiners (your choice of words, not mine) reside on.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I agree that something happened and i would like to know what they are going to do with it. On several purple nodes i got team higher then my 5 top chars and on the last one it was at least 5k power higher. It is even worse them before i nerf update.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I will say this: if it stays this way, rewards need a bump up.

Didn't the devs say they would monitor and tune GW when the update came out?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Crinsom wrote: »
    So.......after that node, it got easy again. Do you deny this? You aren't facing a steady stream of lvl 80 teams after that one. Take a picture of the nodes after that one.

Next two were 75's g8's. Node 9 is full on g10

4EZ4oAD.jpg

oh come on. lumi lead, 6* rg, 5* vader. yoda and barriss. the damage on that team is nonexistant, sure they have the rims but... no leia, no rey, no dooku/ob, no 2nd taunt.. I have no idea where youre at in this game in terms of roster size, gear and arena rank. but that team is no where near pre-update gw levels.

What don't you understand about what I'm saying?! Seriously? You played my GW pre update? Post update? No? How can you possibly tell me this hasn't changed when I'm telling you it is. Last week, I didn't face a level 80 character until 10. And no one higher than gear 8 until 11. It's not that I can't finish it. What I am saying is SOMETHING CHANGED OVERNIGHT.

see the thing for me is, i fight lvl 80 teams in 7-10. they are just horribly undergeared or a rag tag bunch of 5 random characters put together. my arena power was 38.5k before the update, so i was fighting the annoying gw, i moved it up to 39k on the last day before the gw change. been 39k ever since. Your screenshots are what i fight in gw everyday.

That's fine. But that isn't what I fight every day. That's what I'm trying to say. My active arena power is 34.1k, and has been for a long time. My theoretical arena power is 36.2k, and has been for a long time. Both have been pretty much the same pre and post update

if your arena power is around 36k, you only knocked on the door that was pre patch gw. pre patch gw was arena teams from node 4 onwards, it progressed from g7/8 arena teams all the way to g10/11 arena teams. which is why im saying it hasnt gone back to prepatch gw. it may or may not have gotten wonky since the server hiccups.

If that's the case, than what @CG_NotReallyAJedi said about GW being based off Arena power is just plain wrong, or something went wrong along the way. I haven't used my 36k arena squad in probably a month. When I did use them, my GW was no different than when I used my 34k arena squad, and I haven't used them (36k squad) since.

Regardless, there was no change on my side, and something changed on their side. It's more than coincidence that mine and many others GW has suddenly changed over night.

But I'm not so lucky to have a 3* node 12 battle. Instead I get this. I've yet to face two maxed out squads in a row since the update.

WYLjkeF.jpg

This was exactly the same node 12 team I fought. I've never seen so much HP in a single team before. They don't do much damage so it was an easy win, but man it took a while even with my droids.
  • Options
    ShawDou wrote: »
    It is even worse them before i nerf update.

It does in no way compare to pre nerf version - That was facing arena teams from node 4/5-12 without breaks.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    I purposely keep my power low. With the GW rework, I upped my power from 32k to 34k. I am SO glad I didn't go past the 35k mark.

Today's GW was almost unreal compared to my normal cakewalk. Last 4 nodes were pure lvl 80 7* g9-10 teams.

I, for the first time in a long time, had to use a B team since I lost 2 of my highest DPSers on node 10 with no way around it (QGJ (L), Leia, RG, Daka, 5s) followed by Teebo(L), 5s, Aalya, Leia, RG.
  • Xyon
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Throwing my vote into the "something is definitely different" camp. My story matches most others pretty closely. 1-5 pretty standard, lulled into a sense that nothing has changed. 6 was a MAJOR step up; looked like something I would see as a node 11 or 12. Stepped back down for 7 and then gradually ramped back up. I'm stuck on node 11 with a full squad of gear 10s. I could beat it if I let all my characters die, but then I won't be able to take on node 12 unless I get the same weird five 3* character treatment that others have been referencing.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    HL7VkQ0.png
    Heeded the warning on Reddit SWGOH so started using Barris fro node 8, haven't faced someone so strong ever. Since the GW nerf I've added 6,000 to my arena power so this was a beast. Strategy after restarting 3 times: kill RG first then B2, then Leia, then QGJ then Barris:
    9df7ZYS.png None of my toons died.

Ready for 12!
    Oh...
    J49eFTT.png
    OK then
    hILokzt.png
    Easey peasy.

• Options
    Exact opposite for me. Node 9 was crazy but got through and then node 12 was just insane my best squad got smoked before I got a second turn in
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    clhs wrote: »
    From my personal experience I noticed the very same thing of which the OP talks. My sixth node was disproportionately harder than the first five: a lot harder. Nodes seven and eight went back to 'normal', IE challenging but not insane. Node nine was another incredibly tough one, and I have yet to tackle ten onwards. But definitely agree with the OP that node six was ridiculous.

I had the exact same experience today. Node 6 and 9 were much harder then the ones in between. 10 and 11 were also more difficult then 12 was a joke. My arena power is still lower so they weren't impossible, just large increases in difficulty from previous days and from the other nodes today.

In thinking a glitch happened yesterday when they rolled back an update.

Or it could have been a test by the devs. Those guys are fighting a no-win battle - complaints that GW is too hard so they nerfed it. Then complaints that it's too easy from others. This would be an interesting compromise, where every 3rd node is more difficult, followed by an easy node or two so we can prepare for the next.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @djvita
    You're lucky. My last team was a final round of Old Ben, RG, 5s, Leia, Rey. All 7*, all g10. It hurt so hard. It was my last node so I didnt care about throwing bodies if i needed to. All these people with lvl 50 4* chars on node 12 make me cry ;_;
  • Options
    Makes me laugh when folks like Lasserini complain that GW has been too easy last couple of weeks and can be auto'd etc.. I have never complained GW is either too hard or too easy. I've tried to complete it with the resources I've had and, prior to the last official update, the biggest problem for me was the length of time it was taking to complete, NOT the high level of difficulty/challenge. The last couple of weeks GW has definitely been easier but no one is forcing you to auto it. It's a choice. If you want a challenge, use a B, or C or D, or E team. Use only 3 or 4 toons. Only use a squad of Healers, Stunners, Counter Attackers, Sith or Ewoks etc.. The last couple of weeks, GW has been as challenging or easy as you CHOSE it to be. Be happy you've had the option.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Suck crap. Just revert it back to the patch everyone was enjoying. Yeesh
This discussion has been closed.