Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    GruyloRen wrote: »
    I don't think it's too hard. I run two accounts and generally finish it on both using one main team, and a good 2nd team to soften up node 11. Every once in a while, I'll lose one, which is fine. If it wasn't challenging, why play? My only complaint since the change is that it takes a lot longer to complete than it used to, and I don't always have the time in the day to dedicate an hour or more to finishing it.

THIS ^^^ main complaint many players CAN finish but the time it takes is not worth the effort...
  • Options
    All you need to finish gw is one good team.

If you only maxed out chewy and CUP then you gonna have a problem.
  • Options
    Node 9 wiped out my entire roster. 15 toons - I had maybe a 1-6 ratio in attacks. That is preposterous considering my roster in level 80, 7 star, well modded with gear level 8-10.
  • frankrizzo12
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

This is just not true and some people do not spend money on this game because almost everything is overpriced. When you go up against three maxed teams normaly in node 6 9 and 11 and sometimes 12 it takes more than one max team.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

This is just not true and some people do not spend money on this game because almost everything is overpriced. When you go up against three maxed teams normaly in node 6 9 and 11 and sometimes 12 it takes more than one max team.

Well that's not true either. I can clear GW with Lumi, QGJ, Ahsoka, RG and Ben (L). Start to finish..

It TAKES a long time but I can do it, ONE team. I have done it MANY times, yes I have to retreat sometimes but it doesn't change that I can do it.. I had to do it before I had my other characters built up.

I have (27) 7* so its a waste to only use one team, I like to play and try different things.
  • Options
    Yes I agree. Pleas fix Galatic wars cause grinding more toons, starring them up and getting better gear is too hard to do smh. I want everything in this game to be given to me. Lol.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Yes I agree. Pleas fix Galatic wars cause grinding more toons, starring them up and getting better gear is too hard to do smh. I want everything in this game to be given to me. Lol.

You forgot to mention that we don't want to PLAY a game we want to just click a button and win!
  • Options
    I've gotten used to having a tough time at nodes 11 and 12. It's definitely challenging. What really bugs me is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to complete the whole march. Although it would probably "end" the process quickly if they increased the difficulty. Go figure.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    yes fix GW, it needs to be WAY harder, it's just to easy nowadays. I do it in my sleep.

BUMP

Seriously, I'm getting bored of doing GW now because i can use 1 team and lose 0
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    We can "borrow" allies for challenges and cantina battles why not for GW? Why can't we use an ally to use in GW?!?

We are still playing still need to win, it might help some people to use a character they don't have also...
  • Options
    This would be good as long as you can only choose 1 hero throughout the GW because GW is supposed to be using your characters with depleted health etc. and never restarting. So if they add this, you should only be able to choose 1 hero and if they die, they die, no choosing another. Keep them a live as long as possible.
  • Options
    My god man...anything to avoid building a better roster..or specifically anything to avoid going better toons.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »
    This would be good as long as you can only choose 1 hero throughout the GW because GW is supposed to be using your characters with depleted health etc. and never restarting. So if they add this, you should only be able to choose 1 hero and if they die, they die, no choosing another. Keep them a live as long as possible.

Yeah I agree, just thinking we can "phone a friend" for that last node..haha
  • Options
    Susbirder wrote: »
    I've gotten used to having a tough time at nodes 11 and 12. It's definitely challenging. What really bugs me is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to complete the whole march. Although it would probably "end" the process quickly if they increased the difficulty. Go figure.

at least it gives me something to do rather than wake up, sim sim sim done for 5 hours, open again, sim sim sim, wait however many more hours, open again sim sim sim.

i like GW because i get to sit there and play a game for 20-30 minutes. you have all day to do it so why not enjoy playing the game for a little.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My god man...anything to avoid building a better roster..or specifically anything to avoid going better toons.

It's an IDEA calm down.. breathe, I *HAVE* a good team, (27) 7*, thanks! I don't have issues, just ASKING.

MY GOD MAN is there a PROBLEM making a suggestion? too much coffee or you always act like your dog died?
  • Options
    Jedi_Yoda wrote: »

Yeah I agree, just thinking we can "phone a friend" for that last node..haha

this would actually be cool because once you pick an ally, you could technically pick an ally at the beginning but keep them on the bench until the node you can't beat and then use him. i like this idea.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you can't fix what isnt broken.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Quicksilver
    1175 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    roster depth is very important which is why GW is end game content, if you have enough characters you can counter anything in GW, and if you dont have enough characters you need to get more before you can expect to beat it

if your opponents are counter attackers use teebo lead, that works great for me. If your opponent is relying on taunts use an AOE team with anakin and/or lando

I dont agree with suicide squads, they are useless in GW now in my opinion and only make things harder because you are just giving your opponents free turn meter, I havent used a suicide squad in months and I usually get through GW start to finish with one main team and a bunch of characters to substitute in depending on the opponents

but at the end of the day its very beatable, of course the enemies are going to have full 5* mods on their characters, your characters should also have full 5* mods at this point, and if you dont you only have yourself to blame
  • Options

at least it gives me something to do rather than wake up, sim sim sim done for 5 hours, open again, sim sim sim, wait however many more hours, open again sim sim sim.

i like GW because i get to sit there and play a game for 20-30 minutes. you have all day to do it so why not enjoy playing the game for a little.

Wait we can't sim GW?!? Oh I guess auto is the same thing my bad.
  • Options
    Once your top 5 toons are like 37.5k in power, you will see Node 12 get easier for you. That helps a lot because nodes 6, 10 & 11 are obviously very hard.

My top 5 power is at 40k right now so my Node 11 is still hard, but apparently it gets easy around 41.5k.

I found that when I was still having 12 tough nodes, building 2 or 3 teams to run GW made it winnable. I used to run Ewoks through all the early nodes, my Droid Arena team for Node 6, then a Phasma team through Nodes 7 through 11 and then my Droid team in Node 12. I was still beating GW most days even after they tuned it up and I was under 37.5k in power and getting 12 hard nodes.

It does eventually get easier, though, if you build a deeper roster. Eventually you will probably have 3 strong teams and then GW becomes pretty easy.
  • Options

i'm actually saying how everything else in the game is, "click, sim, click sim, sim, sim".

GW, yes it can be put on auto but it also gives you the chance to sit there and actually play the game and doesn't take all day, plus you don't have to wait for a certain time to do it. you can play it for 5 minutes, stop and then play it 5 hours later for another 5 minutes until you complete it. i think GW is the best part of the game because everything else can be simmed. ex - Hard nodes, light and dark nodes, challenges (now), cantina.

• Options

It's an IDEA calm down.. breathe, I *HAVE* a good team, (27) 7*, thanks! I don't have issues, just ASKING.

MY GOD MAN is there a PROBLEM making a suggestion? too much coffee or you always act like your dog died?

Here is the thing. They HAVE made Gws easier already. Your squad keeps its turn meter. Protection and health regains..slowly but it still regains. They allow more credits now to level up more toons. They have all these events for a reason...to get people playing other toons instead of the same 5 over and over again. It is 100% possible to farm 5 or more toons at the same time. Guild shipments, Catina shipments, arena shipments, Galatic war shipments, Catina nodes. You can even buy gear, guilds can donate gear. It's easy to get a deverse and geared roster. Heck there are even mods now to give people more of a advantage.

The only thing people need to do is put in the WORK! Is all that I posted really that hard to do? It's not complicated..it just takes time. People are so much in a hurry to get something it's almost like they want everything given freely w/o any work put into it.
  • Jedi_Yoda
    928 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Here is the thing. They HAVE made Gws easier already. Your squad keeps its turn meter. Protection and health regains..slowly but it still regains.

The only thing people need to do is put in the WORK! Is all that I posted really that hard to do? It's not complicated..it just takes time. People are so much in a hurry to get something it's almost like they want everything given freely w/o any work put into it.

Yes work I agree, I put in my work. I got no problem doing work on my toons. There was a time when I had my characters semi-geared and semi-leveled and I was scattered and my GW suffered.. a LOT, so I have been there. Then thanks to good people like you, I listened, read, and changed mods, focused on one character, leveled people others suggested and voila..

GW is easy(ier) now.. I can clear it, but DEVS in EA opened the door, they ALLOW us to use Ally in certain areas why not in GW, is all I am suggesting.

People can use ally see what it feels like to play with Palpatine for instance.. maybe that can inspire them to want to work on Palpatine (which I know requires a team of characters to get him) but my point is I am merely suggesting that if people can't seem to get GW to work, it would be pretty easy to simply allow Ally use in GW.

Maybe whiners stop, maybe not.. maybe we all learn something, never know, it could be interesting to play different Characters with different mods without spending currency to try it ourselves.. capiche?

And as someone already pointed out they can use ALLY for ONE node.. just to get them over the hump. and maybe only one ally for entire GW, so they must choose carefully just trying to get the ideas flowing..
  • Options

i'm actually saying how everything else in the game is, "click, sim, click sim, sim, sim".

GW, yes it can be put on auto but it also gives you the chance to sit there and actually play the game and doesn't take all day, plus you don't have to wait for a certain time to do it. you can play it for 5 minutes, stop and then play it 5 hours later for another 5 minutes until you complete it. i think GW is the best part of the game because everything else can be simmed. ex - Hard nodes, light and dark nodes, challenges (now), cantina.

Yeah, GW and Arena are the only times for me now where I can actually "play" the game and not use a sim ticket or "Auto" button.

GW isn't really challenging, but I like to use newly created teams (ie. Palpy-led teams or Rebel teams) to try and play with different combinations other than my Droid team or Jedi team.

If they make GW too easy, then it just becomes another auto part of the game, of which we already have a lot of.
  • Options
    @CG_Dan @CG_JohnSalera @CG_AaronNemoyten @CG_Conduit23 @EA_Jesse @BentWookiee
    Will one of you finally lock or delete this thread. It is obvious you are not listening nor do you care. There is no point of this endless discussion except to have your customers fight with each other, one side complaining GW is too hard and on the other side, a bunch of spoiled trolls, trying to make the other side even more angry. Enough is enough already!

No.. just because you don't get the response you want does not mean you get to call for a lock. (Calling people that do not agree with you "spoiled trolls" does not help the situation either.)

These threads are read, watched even.. people *DO* care.

This is a forum for people to discuss different views, not everyone has to agree or disagree, just remain civil. :|

• Options
    I have an alt that I play with my son. Our arena power is currently at 35k. We get nodes like that every single day in node 12. It's actually 12 straight days of an Ani lead with 5s, QGJ RG with the 5th character varying between Aayla, SF, etc. all completely maxed and flawlessly modded.

Our roster is pretty small at the moment. Two level 80 teams of varying gear levels and one level 70 team that can clear some easier nodes. GW is extremely hard but I manage to complete it almost everyday. It's a PITA but the key is not to get careless in the earlier nodes. You will need all of your characters to be in good shape for 11-12 and have their Abilities off CD. If you get too much protection knocked off in early nodes, even if you are winning you need to retreat and try something else. Simply winning the nodes is not good enough because it will bite you later on.

Believe it or not I have an 88 lead Vader DoT squad that is key to getting those hard nodes at the end. The reason this works so well is because DoTs do 5% damage per... Regardless of level of ally or enemy. They also allow 88 to do big damage with his AOE. Trying to beat away at characters that are much more powerful than your own can be like hitting a brick wall with regular attackers. You can't even beat protection off of them before your squad is dead. The 88/Vader combo generally allows me to get rid of all the protection from the node 12 team and kill Anakin before they die. I can then use the rest of my roster to dispose of the remaining 4 characters with no protection.

Again... The key is getting to those later nodes with your best teams in relatively good shape. Pay close attention to matchups in earlier nodes. In my experience GW tries to counter what you are doing. If you run droids for a couple nodes suddenly you will start to see a bunch of IGD, EK, Jawa and other anti droid characters. If you are running Jedi you will see anti Jedi teams. Don't try to strong arm your way through these nodes with the wrong squad just because the opponent is low level. It may seem like you won the node easily but chances are you took unnecessary damage. These nodes are designed to pick away at your protection. Try to find the best combo you have to counter that specific enemy. Sometimes this requires you to change your normal kill order to get better results.

Anyway... I understand people's frustrations with GW. I get frustrated too sometimes because it seems the RNG is completely against you. However I have also realized that there is usually a way to complete it if you plan ahead from the very first node.

It will get better. I can experience it from both ends of the spectrum. I have a main account where I use GW to experiment with new comps etc because it's not a challenge anymore. You do eventually reach a point where you don't have to be so careful anymore.
  • Options
    ^^^ sorry so long!
  • Julmay
    177 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I use multiple teams throughout the 12 nodes just to test different groups. I enjoy PLAYING THE GAME. I typically send my 2nd and 3rd group on node 12 and rarely use my top group. The best advice that I can give is to build more teams and enjoy playing the game.
  • Options

Trolling. That's what he does.
  • R13D13
    34 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I faced the same Ima-Gun Di team too in the last node. Luckily I had Teebo leveled up pretty good.
    Stealthed does not get counter-attacked ! Believe it or not, I just figured that out a couple weeks ago.
    Ha Ha...I have been winning 'most' of the GW's lately. But, I get to play it at work, so I have like 8 hours
    to devote to it ! Usually it just takes about 2 or 3 hours I guess. But, even though it is nice when you win
    it is still a major pain in the butt ! It is not really fun. I have to keep a list of all the guys who have turn meters built up, and keep them in reserve. I struggle through the 7th, 8th, and 10th nodes with
    second stringers. Monday I had the 12th node down to just one last HK-47. He was dented up pretty bad too. I used 40+ level 30-60's, and could not kill it. (I got sloppy with my 2nd, and 3rd teams, and settled for just one kill per team.) I should have re-worked it for a couple hours, but I got off work, and had to go home !