Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Options
    Here are my 6-12 nodes. I couldn't finish 12. I have 4 level 80 characters on my roster. One G10 and four G9... Two of which can be done without raid gear...

https://imgur.com/a/Urj95
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_JohnSalera have you realised yet just how big a **** up you've made this time?
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Options
    warmonkey wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Something you may find interesting taken from Reddit posted by Capgasp an event designer

'There's a lot of negativity floating around here, so I'm not going to reply to anyone specifically. What I will say is that the credit rewards for GW have been adjusted upwards, and that will go out with the next major patch. A full clear should net you around 150k more. (Not sure on the exact value, but that's close.)'

Lmao! I need 2 mil to raise people from 70 to 80 so I can actually use them. 150k is not very useful.

Not to mention the many toons I have at level 1 that I would LOVE to use, play, and upgrade.

Seriously?

If it is true then you'll be getting 1mil more on GW a week. Making it 4,2mil on GW alone a week.

It's starting to look as if you're complaining for the sake of. Which includes many on this thread!

Most of the replies to this thread have been to make it more rewarding & now that it is, you're still complaining..?

Wow, so ignorant!

I can still easily beat it cause my teams are quite strong. Takes too long though.

This change is actually great for me if I want to keep a competitive edge over people trying to catch up. I can still reap the rewards but they will never catch me now without spending some serious money.

I am fighting for the people that want to quit over this. This game is awesome and a ton of fun so when they make a change like this and do it in the absolute most shady way possible we gotta say something. More than a few whaleish types in my guild have decided to stop spending now cause of this and I would assume that's typical of a lot of players now.

This. This is the true agenda of the individuals who are happy with this kind of absurdity, and I have made threads over the last 2 weeks catching people in this agenda by offering suggestions that would make the majority AND the challenge obsessed happy. Kudos to you for seeing it as well
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Options
    "It's meant to be hard" Seriously? Who plays mobile app games for a challenge? If I wanted a challenge I would've played on console or the PC.

Even if I had the hour to kill and can actually withstand the monotonous repetitiveness, I would much rather be playing Dark Souls. We play mobile games because we want to relax, not for a challenge.

Don't flatter yourselves EA. You're not serious AAA developers. Get over your ego and start making casual games like you're supposed to.

+1000000000000
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    Options
    I'd propose that the best way to send a message is to just not log in. This will get them responding quickly when they see that log ins are down, an important metric I'm sure they track diligently.
  • z1pluralzalpha
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    The problems I see with GW is that for most people it is your primary source of gold. The higher level you are the more gold you need but it seems exclusively with GW the stronger you make your team the harder it gets. Either introduce a new source of income, and not one that relies a specific few characters like the new scoundrel event or revert GW to its post 15 June level and introduce a new challenge that can test those that want a big challenge.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    Options
    This game has gone truly south for me and a lot of people. What in the world were the Devs thinking?
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    More of the same slog today, not that I expected anything different, though I was crossing my fingers to get the joke node 12.

1-5, easy with D-team; 6 hard and could have been fun as a final node but much less so as a half way point, equal match for my B-team; 7-8 easy C-team with bench, 9 brutal, D & C-teams died, B-team finished it losing some bench not fun at all knowing it was going to get worse; 10 hard, B-team and bench finished it but lost 3/5; 11 brutal, A-team won, AA & all stun dead, as a final node would have been a great battle; 12 hard, remnants of A & B finished it, somewhat fun battle, but mostly because it was over. All in all took about 90 minutes with maybe 15-20 legitimate resets. For me it's not so much that GW is bad (though it is mind numbing at times) but it's seeing too much wasted potential for it to be good.
    Smithie wrote: »
    ...enjoy
    I wish my node 12 looked like that, sadly no such luck, it looked fun though!

Suggestions (blindly hoping anyone at EA/CG is listening):
    • change the order (3 easy fights + 1 hard) x3 sets
    • adapt node difficulty to the state of the players' remaining roster
    • tier the battles predictably, set 1 ~level 55 (2 teams), set 2 ~70 (3 teams), set 3 ~85 (4 teams)
    • update the rewards, too many people depend on this as a major source of supplies, for example... current node 12 would be set 1 rewards; set 2 = double current + 15 raid parts; set 3 = current + set 2 + 1 raid gear + 2 omega's
    • starting at daily upscale the reset proportionate to the difficulty; easy - daily (post patch), moderately hard - weekly (today's incarnation), brutal slog - monthly (pre-patch)
    • tell people what you're planning, in detail, before you do it and get feedback prior to implementation; GW is a major source of supplies for a lot of people - they adjust their resource allocation based on it, at least to an extent, suddenly cutting that off for them just makes'em angry
    • read the feedback in this thread, there's a lot of frustration but also some really great ideas here, I suspect many of us would love to have some direct input and dialog regarding design and tweaks.
    • better player adaptive difficulty algorithm; you'll likely never eliminate all the "it's too hard" arguments but done well this could mostly eliminate the "it's too easy" crowd without scarring the majority of your player-base

• Options
    Well I must be getting the intended teams for the people who say their node 12 has a weak team. I'm only level 76 with no character trained past 75 & I got the biggest shock, quickly followed by anger to see a full level 80 all 7* high purpled team of daka, poggle, gs, lumi & Qgj as my opponent. My arena team is only 27k and no-one is past gear 8. How the hell is it possible for me to beat it? Especially as I lost 5 of my top characters on node 11 that I needed 2 teams & multiple restarts to beat. After many attempts & team changes I still keep getting down to my last character without killing one of theirs! GW was my fav part of the game that I looked forward to. If this is what it is now I'll dread it. Especially on Tues nights when I have only a 45 min lunch break to complete it as it's the guild daily challenge and I work til midnight & it must be restarted before then.
  • Options
    Yes it too hard now
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »
    If u only have one good team in GW and find it hard, please understand we all went through this... I went weeks without completing one GW.

It was always designed to be finished with around two full gw teams and a bunch of weak toons

I have 22 7* g8-10 toons, and gw is still next to impossible. Shhhh
  • Mol_Eliza_99999
    278 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Level 80, arena power 39K here.

Since the update, I get funny GW campaigns:
    Node 6 is equal to my Arena team
    Node 9 another super strong one, almost wipes out my GW team
    Nodes 11 and 12 are a complete joke: 3* gear 1, level 59 or something. Just send 1 AoE toon who wipes them out with one AoE.

What kind of fix is that??? John Salera specifically mentioned the last few nodes must be a challenge. This is exact opposite of challenge.
  • Nos402
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It is no longer challenging. It's impossible. I have a lot of very powerful characters and usually a very good strategy. Previously the end would get challenging but not frustrating. Now it has me hurling profanities, rage quitting and wanting to hurl my iPad. I've tried various combos, startegies, orders, etc. and could not even come close to completing the last node of the last two GW attempts (and just barely the second to last node today) with plenty of almost maxed characters and plenty more others. I have 147 GW plays under my belt and attempt to finish it every day.

It does not feel "challenging." It feels frustrating, impossible and ridiculous. I generally can get a sense of when it's possible but hard. In the past I could feel that and would sometimes have to make many attempts before finding the right combo of skill and chance. Now it feels very obviously impossible.
    Post edited by Nos402 on
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Radwin wrote: »
    It would be interesting if people who find GW difficult post their top 10 characters. If you have QGJ GS RG Lumi Bariss Ackbar st Han Leia Rey and Daka you will finish GW in 20 mins

The following are all 7 *

Qgj g10
    Gs g10
    Lumi g10
    Phasma g10
    Rey g10
    Ig 88 g10
    Teebo g9
    5s g9
    Leia g9
    Yoda g9
    Aayla g9
    St han g9
    Rg g9
    Daka g9
    Bariss g9
    Kf g8
    Jc g8
    Dooku g8
    B2 g8
    Kylo g8
    Rex g8
    Gam guard g8
    Sid g8

Need I go on with all the toons I have that I dont have the credits to 7*?

Also incidently I have been playing since February daily, so I do know what I am doing
  • Options
    I thought I'd add my own experience today. This particular one was impossible for me. My highest character is a gear 11 7* lumi, why does the game think 3 gear 12 characters is fair? This seriously needs to be addressed as it has become impossible.
    https://i.imgur.com/AjD619x.jpg
  • Options
    I thought I'd add my own experience today. This particular one was impossible for me. My highest character is a gear 11 7* lumi, why does the game think 3 gear 12 characters is fair? This seriously needs to be addressed as it has become impossible.
    https://i.imgur.com/AjD619x.jpg

Max gear is 11 but yeah, that's a tough final node.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

PainSaber wrote: »
    If u only have one good team in GW and find it hard, please understand we all went through this... I went weeks without completing one GW.

It was always designed to be finished with around two full gw teams and a bunch of weak toons

I based my comment on my own exp.
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Level 80, arena power 39K here.

Since the update, I get funny GW campaigns:
    Node 6 is equal to my Arena team
    Node 9 another super strong one, almost wipes out my GW team
    Nodes 11 and 12 are a complete joke: 3* gear 1, level 59 or something. Just send 1 AoE toon who wipes them out with one AoE.

What kind of fix is that??? John Salera specifically mentioned the last few nodes must be a challenge. This is exact opposite of challenge.

Node 6 is 95% of your max arena team/top 5 toons

Node 9 is 100%

Node 11 should be 105% and node 12 should be 115%. However, I believe there are no arena teams that equal this level of power, hence why the logarithm is giving you easy nodes.

Max theoretical team is 42,411 power I believe
  • Options
    Yeah.... 5 g11 toons when my arena team is 33k seems fair. Sometimes I really hate this game. Please, make another more more unenjoyable please
  • PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Options

And yet you present your experience as fact that everyone should accept, and in a way to downplay the experiences of the majority of unhappy posters on here.
  • Options
    I just don't get the we announce the GW nerf and then buff it 2 weeks later without saying anything until days after the buff...transparency????
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, it's bad policy to make significant changes to a game without saying anything until days later. Regardless of your stance, everyone should agree that this was a failure on all fronts of communication.
  • Jabba88
    42 posts Member
    Options
    This is worse than it was before. These guys can't get out of their own way and let themselves be successful.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

And yet you present your experience as fact that everyone should accept, and in a way to downplay the experiences of the majority of unhappy posters on here.

You have a tendency to read too much into things. My comment was directed to players with one good team only
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Here are my 6-12 nodes. I couldn't finish 12. I have 4 level 80 characters on my roster. One G10 and four G9... Two of which can be done without raid gear...

https://imgur.com/a/Urj95

You need a very deep roster for that. Odds are by thev time you got there you had already taken some losses.
  • Options
    I see some very tough teams for you guys at node 12 but trust me until you get an old Ben lead that's fully geared you haven't seen anything yet. Both RG and Han taunt and I can't hit them because of evasion and gs and qgj beat the hell out of you.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    2nd day in a row...cant get passed node 8. Garbage.
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    Options
    What's also very possible is that the devs *wanted* to make just the last two nodes harder, but when they did that, hey introduced bugs into the system that a) ramped up the difficulty at other nodes (like 6) and b) ramped down the difficulty for some at node 12. We've seen this happen a lot. CG/EA try to fix/tune something, and when they do, it introduces a whole new set of bugs. We just saw that with Teebo as a matter of fact. So, I hope the devs actually look into that possibility as well.
  • Options
    Again today I had to face way over powered teams just to get some measly credits. Here are the 4 battles EA says is an appropriate "challenge"
    http://imgur.com/a/sW4CV

And as a point of reference, this is my best team's power and my shard's current top 3.
    http://imgur.com/ZUZg6DU

• PainSaber
    156 posts Member
    Options

You have a tendency to read too much into things. My comment was directed to players with one good team only

Lets keep personal observations out of this thread, lest I bring in your faults and we start violating tos. My suggestion is to go back to work, and leave the discussion to those who don't have biases based on their position here