Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Darth_Jay77
    3163 posts Member
    Options
    Where is the argument of money and GW coming from? GW is the one area of the game that is completely free, no option to spend money even if you wanted.

I think the bottom line is that GW is far too long and incredibly difficult along the way. The difficulty level would be fine if it were significantly shorter. The format used for the Empire Assault and Ewok events are terrific and would be a good model for GW. Plus, the rewards are not good for the amount of time you put into it.

GW doesn't need a tweak via Turn Meter gains and difficulty, it needs a complete overhaul or replaced with something new.
  • Options
    Nodoon wrote: »
    I would love to see the stats on how much they make.

The app had been in top twenty grossing games on google play for months. we arent talking thousands. we are talking multi millions.

Estimates are that this game is making $103,868 daily with 11,628 new installs a day. that is IPHONE stats. does not include google play.

google - EA GALAXY OF HEROES GROSS for complete numbers.

Impressive numbers, I recently looked at top selling on GP, and SWGOH had fallen to 139. Might explain the big changes and obvious push to increase revenues. Although recent EA earnings lists Madden, and SWGOH as key drivers for mobile earnings. To keep things in perspective, any game set in the Star Wars universe would have to be a real dog to fail right now.
  • Igor08
    221 posts Member
    Options
    So many folks don't seem to understand what needs to be done & im assuming throw their "best toons" at meta teams without really knowing how to beat a meta team in the first place. Me, I sit & smile at some of the people's comments on this thread

Ok troll, I'll bite. So nobody but you in all your wisdom knows how to easily kill a DodgeLead/RG/QGJ/Rey/AnyToon meta team? Tell us all then. Tell us your secret to casually beating 4 or 5 maxed meta teams in one GW run? (Besides living with your parents and spending your full wage on building a fully maxed roster, everyone knows of that trick)
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Make sure you smile back at him....
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Options
    This isn't a. Challenge. A challenge should be beatable. GW is impossible for most to complete. Something needs to change. I get my best toons wiped out in two hits. I have tried every combo, every toon. Not a GD dent. And gearing up isn't a option. I will not spend 20 bucks for one piece of gear. Do u really expect us to shell out literally thousands of dollars for a mobile game. You guys have balls I'll give you that. But my money I'll keep. Have some f- ing sympathy for your fans. I love this game. We are just asking for help. But your silence is all we get. That and secret updates. Hope you had a great 4th. We didn't
  • Talia
    180 posts Member
    Options
    The last few days I can only do 8 battles and opponents seem to me characters from terrible dreams, absolutely all under Dooku, Ben, Lumi lead, Gear 7-8-9-10-11, and only 1-2 chars was blue gear.
    So I'm going to raise my toons for GW. Oh
  • Options
    I agree with everything mentioned above. GW has become impossible. My power is 28,674 and I reach the final nodes only to face lvl 80 opponents maxed out gear 10. My highest powered toon is 6200 (i got only two of them) and I face teams with 7000+ power. Not one, but two or three. Not much "strategizing" or "smart healing" to be done when a level 80 lumi one hit ko's half of my team before RG's taunt can even be activated. And when that lumi is also coupled by dooku lead and a maxed out fives..seriously? This thing is obviously broken. Yeah I get it, it's not absurd to face a team or two that are slightly better than yours, but the power gap is currently huge.

I got to the final nod the other day and I had only lost one hero throughout the nods. Got my butt whipped hard and I lost all 3 of my teams.
  • Options
    Divona wrote: »
    We are talking about EA here. Are you new to their published games? EA is known to support ONLY games that make a lot profit. They do not make mediorce business plans over low profit games.
    Dont worry EA earns a lot with CG right now. I'm even thinking they could top out many EA PC titles easily.
    And you are right EA has huge greed where ever they put their hands on.

Completely agree here. After the fiasco of jedi events (Aayla & Fisto) they strike back with their minds focused only in short term benefits: retuning GW difficult, events requiring toons nobody cares or possess (empire, scoundrels...) for little to insignificant rewards.They'll kill the golden egg goose with such management.
  • Options
    Don't forget Darth Mickey is watching. Disney makes EA look like amatuers.. lol
  • Options
    Igor08 wrote: »
    So many folks don't seem to understand what needs to be done & im assuming throw their "best toons" at meta teams without really knowing how to beat a meta team in the first place. Me, I sit & smile at some of the people's comments on this thread

Ok troll, I'll bite. So nobody but you in all your wisdom knows how to easily kill a DodgeLead/RG/QGJ/Rey/AnyToon meta team? Tell us all then. Tell us your secret to casually beating 4 or 5 maxed meta teams in one GW run? (Besides living with your parents and spending your full wage on building a fully maxed roster, everyone knows of that trick)

Oh, it's in the pages of this thread which you obviously haven't looked at other to "stipulate your opinion". I've even posted my roster as well as what I had left after doing "the easy GW", with the harder GW I have even less toons left but it's still doable.

Have a look.
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    I get the final node green gears at 37k flat, so not 38.5+
    {RotE}
  • Options
    37k will do it. Last node is 15% greater, so 42.5k
  • Chico
    120 posts Member
    Options
    GW is boring and time consuming. Now even more time consuming.
  • BTKO
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    GW now is the real hassle and lost time. But it will be not so disastrously if it the only one reason. Now GW is impenetrable. Today I get at table #6 HK-47, 86, 88, Royal Guard nad Jawa Engeneer. First three t10 other t9. All are omeged most needed abilities. All are 80. And i lost most of my squads and have kill no one. Last day was like this, pow META from table #6. And the day before - the same. And from las GW patch it was the same, only one win cos the last table was with blue chars while i`ve lost the most squand going to it. If EA want more real money from players while they buing crys to trade them for gold - they do not reach this, all they have the only negative to their adress. Will wait they fix this, cos I dont want pay my nerves playing game and do not to pay real money for such rapacious developer.
    P.S. Now waiting trolls saying "cry, baby, cry".
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Please remove not relevant here.
  • BTKO
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Get ready to scream even louder, they cranked up the difficulty in the new challenges also.
    I`m not care of this, GW was every day challenges are not. If EA want - they could make special challenges for top donaters but I will not play this game.
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Over 1000 posts on this thread (mostly negative). There were close to 1000 on the original thread before we found out this change was on purpose (also mostly negative). That's very close to accumulating the same amount of hate mail in a holiday weekend that the dodge meta took months to reach. Tons of posts here by people refusing to ever spend a cent on this game, or any product made by this company again. Many posts by people who signed up for the forum for the sole purpose of saying they quit. A poll with hundreds of votes that has stayed around 90% total for those not in favor of the change to some degree at least. Screen shots of minnows facing 3-5 whale teams in a row, and whale teams getting green gear auto battles. And the response? Total silence.

• ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Tumbleweeds...im betting they are watching...and laughing their heads off.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ukdfink wrote: »

Actually neither is true. They have committed to a course of action and have to see it through. No turning back now. Laughing no. Nervous, yes. Gaming is riddled with stories of updates that literally had a profoundly negative effect. Oh they continued, (most anyway) but they were never as they were. This is going to be a turning point for CG. All the great profit reports etc we have talked about, were PRIOR to the changes. They may see a rise in new figures or a steep decline.

Time will tell. The biggest casualty here is trust. Players trust in CG has been severely damaged. They really need to get out in front of this, and find a way to carry out their plan while soothing the players anger.

I recommend dark magic, but then, that's my answer to most problems ;)

• Options
    Yeah I'm about ready to quit. I deal with enough **** in my life and I don't need this game to add anymore. It used to be a nice escape, but tonight I spent an hour to get to node 8 only to watch my guys get one shot by a gear ten geo off a gear ten poggle lead. The fun in it is gone...
  • Options
    Don't quit, just go full free to play. Farm the GW, level as you can. That's what I do, I have not spent any money on this game. I finish the GW, (Not easily but I do) and consider it a personal victory over the forces of the Evil Alliance. ;)
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    ukdfink wrote: »

Actually neither is true. They have committed to a course of action and have to see it through. No turning back now. Laughing no. Nervous, yes. Gaming is riddled with stories of updates that literally had a profoundly negative effect. Oh they continued, (most anyway) but they were never as they were. This is going to be a turning point for CG. All the great profit reports etc we have talked about, were PRIOR to the changes. They may see a rise in new figures or a steep decline.

Time will tell. The biggest casualty here is trust. Players trust in CG has been severely damaged. They really need to get out in front of this, and find a way to carry out their plan while soothing the players anger.

I recommend dark magic, but then, that's my answer to most problems ;)

I agree they have clearly stated their course of action. But exactly as you say, they have an opportunity to try to calm things down, or "get out ahead" and they aren't. This isn't just the usual irritation of a minority. People are furious. The only reason I haven't quit is not wanting to let my guild mates down, and the hopes that they'll scale it back a bit, and I'm actually finishing GW. Some acknowledgement would be nice even if it was a giant middle finger to all of us saying "take it or leave." That would make for a nice, easy decision. I wouldn't feel like I wasted so much time quitting if they just come out and say they don't care what we think.

• JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Don't quit, just go full free to play. Farm the GW, level as you can. That's what I do, I have not spent any money on this game. I finish the GW, (Not easily but I do) and consider it a personal victory over the forces of the Evil Alliance. ;)
    That's probably the wisest way to deal with this. Make this game for them what they've made GW for us, and that is a lot of work for very little reward.

• NienNunb
    85 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone have the revised total of rewards for a full GW?
  • Options
    JRA wrote: »
    That's probably the wisest way to deal with this. Make this game for them what they've made GW for us, and that is a lot of work for very little reward.

Or to quote my Latin friends..

"Mucho trabajo, poco dinero" (a lot of work for a little money)
  • Options
    NienNunb wrote: »
    Does anyone have the revised total of rewards for a full GW?

I'd write it down, but I can't complete it...
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    Options
    So do they plan on ignoring 36 pages of feedback here?
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options
    Again - I've said it before in this thread (and the other) - and I'll say it again.

If you're not a maxed out, level 80 player who has been playing this game for months - the issue isn't that GW is now "harder".

It's that it is "impossible".

Past 3 days - there's no way my top team can beat some of these teams. I just hit level 76, I have a fairly decent roster and I finish in the top 100 in the arena (at 62 right now, but I'll fall). Highest squad just under 30k power (highest I can hit is 29,800 - but a lot of that is high HP toons that aren't useful when paired together).

I should NOT be going up against a squad that has 38k power, fully geared, and Omega'd. No matter what kind of strategy, careful planning, etc I do - that match is impossible for me to win. 100% of the time, with any time I use - I'm wiped out before I take away the "safety net" health bar on a single character.

I'm not sure what the response to this is supposed to be. Level up more? Pay us more money? It would STILL be impossible.
  • crixvane
    88 posts Member
    Options
    When this is the only real means of earning credits in the game and credits are the only meaningful way of achieving progress in the game, what CG has done here will kill the game for many. So many of my guild mates are starting to quit.
  • Joe_Cus
    152 posts Member
    Options
    They broke it. It should get progressively harder, not crazy hard the entire second half. My son is level 75 with 3 7* toons, His last node was all 7* level 80 geared toons. It was tough, and we beat it, but there's no way he could handle 5-6 of those battles in a row.